Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
BFRH-- see this is where you are FLAT out wrong. Their marriage can NEVER be repaired (completely) if she doesn't know. Cause ya see, they would be living a lie. He is the only one that knows that. His wife has no idea. SHE doesn't get to decide what to do with HER life based on this knowledge. He (and you) are taking this choice away from her. No matter if they "repair" their marriage, it will be the equivalent of slapping a bandaid on a gunshot wound. Sorry. You're just not getting this.

I'm a Christian too, have been all my life, in fact, my daddy was a pastor. I think you're wrong for withholding this information from OMW.

FWIW, your own marriage is still in serious trouble if this is your mindset.

I really value your opinion. And I did think that letting her know was the right thing to do, then when I tried I could never get a hold of her I called every 30 minutes after work for a few days.

To me that was God saying wait. That is all I am doing at this point. Calling OMW is on the list in my prayer journal.

I believe in waiting on God's timing that is all Im doing.

Sorry to get preachy but I dont know how else to explain it.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Bigfatredhead
then when I tried I could never get a hold of her I called every 30 minutes after work for a few days.

And I knew they were home. The freaking OM was online playing WoW and talking to my wife that very moment.

G
G
The OM PLAYS wow? What is he, 10 years old?

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by gabagool
The OM PLAYS wow? What is he, 10 years old?

LOL if he was I think I wouldve killed myself by now. I play WoW Im 28. I introduced my wife to the game , THAT IS HOW SHE MET OM!!!!!!!!

I freaking want my money back.

I
iam Offline
I
If you went to Vegas got drunk, got a hooker, would you have to tell you wife in order to have a good marriage?? While its not exactly the same, OMW does not have to know for things to be repaired.

Since you believe this then your wife should not have to tell you if she boinked the OM.

This is just proof how clueless you are about marriage.

Last edited by iam; 08/27/08 05:14 PM. Reason: fix quote
B
B
Re read my posts I tried to expose and failed. And right now I dont feel exposure is the right to try again. You may be right and my heart may be changed I am just telling you how I feel atm. And pedophilia is not the same as an EA.

I never said pedophilia is the same as adultery. I said they are both disgusting and clergy who stand by and do nothing to end it are disgusting. If men of the cloth give such advice, God help us all. sick So apparently the degree of the sin/crime is also up for consideration. We should tell rape victims...at least he didn't kill you. crazy

...To me that was a sign to wait.

or it was a sign that she just wasn't home.

I know my wife pretty well

whistle

Last edited by black_raven; 08/27/08 05:16 PM. Reason: clarify

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by black_raven
Re read my posts I tried to expose and failed. And right now I dont feel exposure is the right to try again. You may be right and my heart may be changed I am just telling you how I feel atm. And pedophilia is not the same as an EA.

I never said pedophilia is the same as adultery. I said they are both disgusting and clergy who stand by and do nothing to end it are disgusting. If men of the cloth give such advice, God help us all. sick So apparently the degree of the sin/crime is also up for consideration. We should tell rape victims...at least he didn't kill you. crazy

...To me that was a sign to wait.

or it was a sign that she just wasn't home.

I know my wife pretty well

whistle

Can you read everything before you post. I tried to call for three days at times I knew they were home.

M
M
And I knew they were home. The freaking OM was online playing WoW and talking to my wife that very moment.

Your W is still in touch with the OM?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by iam
If you went to Vegas got drunk, got a hooker, would you have to tell you wife in order to have a good marriage?? While its not exactly the same, OMW does not have to know for things to be repaired.

Since you believe this then your wife should not have to tell you if she boinked the OM.

Constructive..really.

How would it make a difference whether I knew this or not. Everyone keeps saying I am clueless without letting me know why.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Your W is still in touch with the OM?

No I was refering to the times I tried to expose. I knew I had the right number and I knew they were home.

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by iam

Constructive..really.

How would it make a difference whether I knew this or not. Everyone keeps saying I am clueless without letting me know why.

Here's why.

Do you want to live and love a woman who can look you in the eye and lie?

Is that simple enough for you?

G
G
Red

your are still snooping aren't you? I know I am in the minority with my thoughts of exposing if the affair has died so I won't even go there, but, at the very least, you have to CONTINUE snooping to ensure the affair is actually dead. She has shown you that she would lie, therefore, you are under NO OBLIGATION TO TRUST HER, just yet. Keep snooping, man. Just make sure.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by iam

Constructive..really.

Here's why.

No but if it was an isolated event, and she changed and moved on they she is not lying to me about something.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by gabagool
Red

your are still snooping aren't you? I know I am in the minority with my thoughts of exposing if the affair has died so I won't even go there, but, at the very least, you have to CONTINUE snooping to ensure the affair is actually dead. She has shown you that she would lie, therefore, you are under NO OBLIGATION TO TRUST HER, just yet. Keep snooping, man. Just make sure.

I check phone records and bank account once a week, and email every day or so.

I
iam Offline
I
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by iam
[quote=Bigfatredhead]

Constructive..really.

Here's why.

No but if it was an isolated event, and she changed and moved on they she is not lying to me about something. [/quote]

Yes, it is lying. You putting your fingers in your ears and singing "LALALALALALALA" won't change her lies.

Lying is lying Red. I guess you are willing to accept half a woman. Sad really.

B
B
Can you read everything before you post. I tried to call for three days at times I knew they were home.

You know you can acess the internet without being at home...strange as that may sound. You said you got an answering machine, but whatever.

I'm glad out of everything I have said that is what you have taken away from my comments. As you implied the OMW is probably some shrew who wasn't taking care of the hubby so it's her fault. I will take your remark as a sign from God that I'm wasting my time. Adios.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by iam
Originally Posted by iam
[quote=iam][quote=Bigfatredhead]

Constructive..really.

Here's why.

No but if it was an isolated event, and she changed and moved on they she is not lying to me about something. [/quote]

Yes, it is lying. You putting your fingers in your ears and singing "LALALALALALALA" won't change her lies.

Lying is lying Red. I guess you are willing to accept half a woman. Sad really. [/quote]

Is there a difference between isolated incidents and patterns??

Of course there is. Each situation has to be handled differently. In this situation was it better that I knew. Yes it helped me change.

But if my wife had a one night stand 5 years ago, how would knowing help me? How would he never telling me make her a liar?

Should you know about every isolated incident of your spouse's life? No. Should you know about patterns? Yes.

I know I know it goes against the policy of radical honesty. But I am not convinced its the right thing to do in every situation.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by black_raven
As you implied the OMW is probably some shrew who wasn't taking care of the hubby so it's her fault. I will take your remark as a sign from God that I'm wasting my time. Adios.

That was a tasteless comment on my part. I didnt really mean it, it was outta anger and fear as melody said.

I do feel sorry for OMW and their daughter that they dont have a good marriage.

When I feel like its time to call her I will try again.

G
G
If you aren't gonna call and expose, I think you should snoop with other methods. Keylogger, voice activated recorder. Again, against MOST others, I understand why you don't want to call omw, as long as the affair is over. (Wether I agree or not is not important, its YOUR life) BUT, you are gonna have to be MUCH more vigilant because NOW, you don't have OMW beating him over the head, actually in a way, becoming an ALLY in your fight. This leaves the danger of him trying to contact your wife again. Catch her withdrawing, weak and wanting her fix, and BAM. Its on now.

You have to up your snooping Red, if you find that youve been REBETRAYED, maybe then you will have a change in outlook.

Last edited by gabagool; 08/27/08 05:55 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
You know you have to give God time to work on people's hearts. If I had done everything exactly when I wanted to and said everything to my wife that I wanted to I don't think my marriage would be taking the small steps that it is.

In a month I could be posting that my wife felt so convicted that we called OMW together.

I am not going to call atm because a bunch of people online are telling me to. I will wait til I know its the right thing to do.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation