Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
llama Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Llama here. Looking for any of my former MB buddies - WAT, Orchid, Hopeforfuture, Sad Dad, Spacecase, Faith1.

Any of you still visit? I haven't been here in a while. Am curious to know how everyone is doing?

I got married in 2006 and am now a mommy of a 16 mo old son. My husband (the guy I began dating after my divorce) and I are doing well overall. We have experienced some "growing" pains, but nothing we haven't been able to conquer together.

As life would have it, we've had a tough few years with our parents and their aging and health. I lost my Grandmother a month before our wedding and my Dad last October. On top of that, we were new parents, selling our home, buying a bigger home and moving - geez - can you say stress?

I have been thinking of you all alot lately, as we just learned that my H's aunt, who has been married for 27 years, has been dealing with her own H's affair that has been ongoing for almost 3 years. My heart just aches for her and it has brought back some memories of my own. I plan on calling her and letting her know about MB.

At any rate, I wanted to see if any of you still lurk and would love to hear how things are going.

Llama Hhugs,
Llama

Llama (BS)
D-Day was 4/14/02
Separation came immediately
D - 8/15/02
Remarried - 3/3/06

Married to a wonderful man 3/3/06
Gave birth to my beautiful son 1/29/07

B
B
Orchid was posting up until a couple of months ago. When the board was updated, she stopped posting. But everything was going well for her.

Faith has the MB Photo Album which I saw back on the first page a couple of days ago.

Haven't heard from WAT for about a year though.

B
B
Oops, just saw Orchid posting on another thread.

O
O
Aloha LL,

Yep.... I'm still here. LOL!!! wink I don't post 2 often. Been watching from the sidelines for a while.

Wow, it's been a while and you have had a lot of life changes. A new baby? Congrats!!! grin

Many changes on MB (not all good but still changes - ;( ). Lots of new posters with the same challenges ;( Like we recall, some try to help where they can and some are able to move forward.

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother and dad. It is always hard to lose someone that is a part of our lives.

You mentioned about your aunt. How can we help?

Hugz,
L.

L
llama Offline OP
OP Offline
L
{{{Orchid}}}

So nice to see you! HOw are you? What's happening on your end?

My H's poor aunt has been keeping this a secret for years. They had been in therapy and he was committed to working on their M. It came out in counseling though that he had been lying and now he doesn't want to go (familiar brain scramble, huh?). Anyway, she has been busy getting her father's things moved from his apt. as he is now in a nursing home. Her sons do not know anything - they are in their twenties.

What are the good books now? How should I help her?

Thanks Orchid!
Llama

Llama (BS)
D-Day was 4/14/02
Separation came immediately
D - 8/15/02
Remarried - 3/3/06

Married to a wonderful man 3/3/06
Gave birth to my beautiful son 1/29/07

O
O
LL,

Didn't mean to ignore you. I don't post much on MB. ****edit**** the COMMENT was removed by YOU when you edited this post a second time Orchid. Rather than providing commentary about an edit on the board EMAIL ME.

As for your aunt, why doesn't she tell her children? They c/b part of her support group and probably already suspect something. Our kids shouldn't be kept in the dark. They need to know they are an important part of the family and should be included in getting and giving support.

Remember, I told my son and he was 6 when all this started. He wrote a letter to his dad that would knock your socks off. His father still has that letter in his drawer.

I recommend, SAA & HNHN. There are other good ones. Like the one by Shirley Glass.

Let's keep this more current and see what other valuable support we can get out there.

So you've got a little one? Congratulations!!!

Take care,
Orchid

Last edited by Dufresne; 08/29/08 02:21 AM.
F
F
Hi LLama. Welcome back.

We did not talk - but those you mentioned helped me through the darkness at the same time.

Hi you guys!

far

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
D
D
Orchid - Do not post that again. If you would prefer to email Justuss, feel free to do that.

Dufresne
dufresne.mb@gmail.com
O
O

***edit***

{This is not the place to discuss the moderation of your posts. If you want an explanation please contact Dufresne or Justuss directly}

***edit***

LL,
Like I wrote before it was edited out, I am sorry for the diversion on this thread. I am sure many still want to hear from you.

Take care,
L.

Last edited by Asterisk; 08/29/08 12:05 PM. Reason: Tos Violation
S
S
Hi LL,
You sound Happy. I'll take that as a very good thing.

I haven't seen WAT for quite sometime. He seemed to be doing well when he left.

Hopeforfuture had a few problems getting back on track, but when she left, they were doing really well, and her H was taking good care of her.

Spacecase reported in recently, and he was also doing well. His XW finally came around and wanted him back, but he had moved on and is happy in a new relationship.

I believe Faith1 has reported in a few times in the last year, and is doing well.

I don't know much about the others.

Orchid !!
It's good to hear from you. How are things in the Aloha State?
How nice it is to see you post again. I hope you give us an update.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
J
J
What the heck is going on??? Orchid, is updating a old poster and all of a sudden we start seeing edits. This is not a controversial thread, why the edits???

JL

R
R
Please read the TOS posted in the announcement section, folks:

Derision of the Marriage Builders staff will not be tolerated. Questions regarding moderating actions should be addressed via email to the mods or board Admin, Justuss, and not discussed or debated on the forums.

We would greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks, Revera

Revera01@aol.com
O
O
Originally Posted by Revera
Please read the TOS posted in the announcement section, folks:

Derision of the Marriage Builders staff will not be tolerated. Questions regarding moderating actions should be addressed via email to the mods or board Admin, Justuss, and not discussed or debated on the forums.

We would greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks, Revera

****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 08/29/08 10:31 PM. Reason: TOS Violation
D
D
This thread Orchid is now locked until you agree to stop posting in this manner.

Dufresne
dufresne.mb@gmail.com

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation