Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 232 of 339 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 338 339
C
C
Oh Queenie, I want to puke. Elvira sounds totally disgusting. Not sure if it makes us feel better...or worse! I once asked my friend to drive with me out to OWs state so I could see what she looks like, and she told me NO. She said that if OW was gorgeous I'd feel bad, and if she was butt ugly, I'd feel just as bad. grin She had a good point there. We do, and will, feel bad either way so what's the point.

She sounds like a "health hazzard" to me.... Maybe you don't want him back after that. Not sure how you would ever disinfect him.

Where are you in the D process or LSA process?????Has he pushed it at all????

Queenie, you are soooo worthy girl, and deserve so much better.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
Yup! That's right.

M
M
Flick,

A 486 might be too much of a step up!

One step at a time I say. Let's just start simple, maybe that Radio Shack Tandy TRS80 in my basement would be a good start. It would certanly be an improvement on the stone tablets and chisels speed of the current server.

I just threw out a TI99/4A with the TI expansion buss and 2 8" floppies a couple weeks ago. I also pitched a CPM Z80A based machine and a 80286 accelerator card for my old 8088 machine.

My first copy of MS Dos was 1.12B and my first modem was 150 baud...

/threadjack

P
P
my first modem was 150 baud

Wow, you were really into that high-end stuff, huh?

/TJ

Queenie! So good to hear from you. Glad you're okay. Too bad your friend had her garage sale infested by the skank.

Someone else asked about your LSA... how IS that going?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
PM,
Wow, you were really into that high-end stuff, huh?

The first "personal" computer I ever used was an Altair 8080 that we had to put together from a box of parts...and I don't mean assembled with a screw driver here. We entered MIT Basic one keystroke at a time with an IBM Model 34 teletype.

I assembled a Sinclair computer.
I had a TRS80 Model One Level One modified to run both Level 1 and Level 2 Basic.
I had a VIC20.
I had A Commodore 64 and a Commodore 128.
Then I got a TI99/4A with a cassette for data and added two 8" floppies.
Then I had a Wang CPM machine with 4 KB of RAM and two floppies.
Then I had an 8088 with 256 KB and a 9" green CRT and two floppies.
I updated that with a 286 accelerator card.
Then I had a 386.
And a 486DX25 which became a DX2-50 and then a DX4-100 with 4MB.
And a P2 450 with 16MB.

Before the Internet, we did Usenet...

And before the Usenet, we did BBS posts...

And before that we wrote our own games and applications including a relational database written in MIT Basic. We were thrilled when we got DBase. My first real spreadsheet was Lotus 123 release 1A and my first word processor was Wordstar written for CPM.

10 CLS
100For X=1 to 10000
101Next X
(Counts from 1 to 10000. Often used to slow a process down to give a user a chance to give input)

I also worked with FORTH for a while...

CLR
:Beep 7 emit;
:Honk 10 0 do Beep loop;
:Noise 5 0 do Honk loop;
Noise
(Sends ASCII 7 <CTRL G> which is the "bell" on a terminal 50 times in 5 groups of ten)

I remember 1 MB hard drives, 1 KB RAM chips and 150 KB floppies

There was a time I also knew the pin-outs for a 25 pin serial port from memory...

Yep. I'm a geek... :RollieEyes:

Mark

L
L
Hey Mark,
you should put that on Flick's thread.

he'd probably understand it.

\TJ

sorry queenie

hug for you tho
hug

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
B
B
Hi Queenie. Hope you are doing fine.

M
M
Shabbat Shalom, Queenie.

Mark

C
C
Greetings, friend.

Tomorrow, I am getting my hair cut....8 inches. I am SO excited. I wanted to wait a few more months but it has got to go. GOT to go!!!! I think it's so long and fine that the roots are not able to support it so I'm shedding worse than I should be. Looking forward to mailing my ponytail to Pantene.

C
C
OMG Mark! You are bringing back some really, really bad memories (pardon the pun). I used to write Fortran programs then key it on the keypunch machine! Then wait for my printout only to find that I had an error. Then before I could get back to the keypunch machine I would drop the deck. (AHHHHH - me screaming at top of lungs).

I used to be one heck of a programmer (if I do say so myself). Not sure I could program sh1t today, but at one time I was the Program Queen.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

A
A
Shabbat Shalom Queenie

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Shabbat Shalom Ya All,

Well the first week is in the books. Count day is today, I'm still doing someone else's job and my boss is piling stuff on top of me. I barely hung on today and had a complete meltdown tonight. Do you ever just get so physically, mentally and emotionally drained from work that you just want to cry.

But, I'll be ok. I'm going to go take a shower and go to sleep early. I'm too tired to think of why I am so sad, and I'm experienced enough to know this will pass. Too much stimulation of sound, activity and brain for too many days and weeks now. I need some down time.

I hope tomorrow is just a sun weekend and I can veg at the pool with no one talking to me.

What about all of you?

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 09/05/08 09:47 PM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
In case I haven't told you lately how special you are, please let me do it now.

YOU ARE TOTALLY SO SPECIAL.................

and I am very grateful you are in my life....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Then before I could get back to the keypunch machine I would drop the deck. (
We used to take people's card decks and just sort of "shuffle" them a bit. Or turn a card end for end in the deck. stickout

If you really wanted to be mean you could hide one from the final five in the stack. faint

Chug. Chug... Chug. Chug. KER-STOP! rant2

Huh? dontknow

Never liked FORTRAN. Higher languages always seemed to work better for me. I liked storing my programs on something other than punch cards... grumble

FORTH was cool. I developed a different way of thinking and assembling data by learning FORTH. C works much the same way, but the command set for FORTH was smaller because it was designed for older hardware. FORTH allows you to begin with a small set of known commands and define complex functions by naming sets of the simple commands and then using those names in further definitions. Forth also uses stack math and RPN math functions, which changes the way you think about data. think

FORTH also does not require peripherals to be synced in order to be accessed. So a hard drive could just sit there till you asked for something and the processor was able to wait until it got something back. It didn't have to happen in a specific time frame or number of clock pulses.

By 1984 I was corresponding with folks around the world by posting to BBSs. Later came News Groups and Usenet which worked a lot like these forums. (And still does, I might add) I still do Usenet groups on certain subjects. I even posted for a while in a marriage group before settling on here as my best hope for recovery.

Queenie, Are we boring you yet? shocked

Come on girl. Take back your thread. I'm running out of drivel... :crosseyedcrazy:

Mark

A
A
Hey my oldest is happy we put UBUNT on his computer. I think thats the name of it. He thinks it cool but wants better back grounds lol

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
C
C
Oh my Mark. You trumped me. I lost most of my technical skills a long time ago when I moved into a management position. Things change so quickly too. Some days I miss it though. We IT people have our own language for sure. Mostly we talk in 3-letter acronyms.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

J
J
Hey Queenie-

I know all about "count day". We must have had at least 100 kids show up the first 2 days to enroll. It's almost as if the school buses go by and the family realizes they need to get their kids enrolled in school. Go figure....

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing week-end. We are supposed to have more normal September weather than the cool August we had.

Thinking of you...

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

B
B
My son is up on Camano Island and built a fancy fence around her 7 acre horse place. So I'm thankful that August was not that hot. He finished it yestereday and there were just a couple of really warm days.

Hope you get to relax around the pool today Queenie, and do absolutely nothing.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi B,

That was the plan but it's cloudy and hoping for pool time.

How is your mom?

I like sharing, so t/j away all, though I haven't a clue what it's about.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
My mom is good, and has been enjoying working in her garden. Her cancer is in remission now, although the doctor has no idea how long that might last.

I'm hoping to get some time off work and visit her.

Page 232 of 339 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation