Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 233 of 339 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh good.....

and if you get up here, maybe we can meet for coffee?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Yes, we must do that.

I have lots of leave a work, but my boss will never let me use it. I have to use three weeks by the end of the year or lose it. So I'm planning to put in my leave papers and see what happens.

Sorry it is cloudy. Maybe it will get sunny later today.

Are you resting up and enjoying yourself?

C
C
coolIt's HAIRCUT day!!!!! I'm actually a bit scared by this. crazy

S
S
Hey Q! (waving from the East Coast)

Just checking in on you. Sounds like you are doing good.

Sorry about the 'skins hon. I and another big Redskins fan from school were watching the game Thurs and were quite perturbed at the boys' performance.

Ah well it's only the first game of the season...

And my #1 love (the "other Manning" Peyton) plays Sunday! kiss

Speaking of the Colts--where is James anyway???

Smartie

B
B
Pictures, Cinders, we need pictures.

C
C
It was scary.....to see your hair bundled up in rubber bands and then they cut them off....about 6 little pony tails rather than one big one. Very scary. Then to look in the mirror and see that it's not nearly shoulder length - - it's shorter. Then they go to work with their scissors snipping and shaping and working on it. So SCARY. I feel naked.

M
M
BUT..are you STYLISH???? You used to wear your hair UP antyways, didn't you???

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
C
C
When I have it in the halo-thingy, I feel special because so few people do much more than mousse, scrunch, maybe blow-dry and flip it around a few times. I will say, the current cut is more stylish but more ordinary. I look like every other mother of teenagers. But, up, when I dressed up, I stood out a bit because it was so different.

M
M
BUT I betcha you look YOUNGER...Not to hurt your feelings but that halo thingy made you look older than your age...doncha think?

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
I betcha you look HOT!!

M
M
Your FACE is BEAUTIFUL..not a WRINKLE in sight as far as I could tell...

C
C
Thank you. It's in pretty good shape. However, I'm afraid some of that could be because I have filled them up in my expansionism.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I love your absolute honesty Cinders.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Thank you. I realize the polite response would have been to simply say, "Thank you". However, I do subscribe to the theory: 'If you don't have smile lines around your eyes, you haven't laughed and smiled enough.' That is where my lines are.

(My sister is 3 years younger than me - my only sister who refuses to do more than be minimally pleasant when in my mother's presence and to ignore me the rest of the time. She has frown lines on her forehead.)

L
L
Hey Queenie,
have a few minutes so thouht I had better do a drive by...

Hello there Queenie!!!!!

LOL
love me

kiss

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Lil,

I am doing ok. I have a fight on my hands with my boss today in some respects. She has me working on this ongoing project where everything I do for "her" so to speak is put in a hanging folder and when the event comes I just pull the file and give her the stuff and we go from there.

It actually is a great idea, but she absolutely has no clue of what I do all day long and I am overwhelmed, overtaxed and just plain tired of so much work. I am not only doing my job which is more than anyother "upper" grade head secretary, but I am doing the registrars job and I have been since I left that position and no one has stayed in it long enough to completely understand and handle the job. In fact, they have given half of the job away and they can't keep up with what I have done.

I haven't been in this position before of truly taking care of myself so I am putting out a spreadsheet if you were on my responsibilities and giving her an idea of why I seem more stressed, why I seem to be running on empty and why I can't stay ahead of my own job. My goal isn't necessarily to have her fix it, change anything, but to grasp that I really am doing the best I can.

The other piece and she just isn't willing to grasp, throw in what has happened the last year or so of my life and between my recover in AA and recovery my life I just have had so much on my plate. But that is personal and I am learning to put that away when I walk through the doors.

I had an interesting thing happen last night, well ongoing somewhat. My close friend who I love dearly, but is a control freak, hates WH and wants him out of my life is back in my life because we sing together. At the time that I chose to go back to singing it was made clear on my part that Tuesday nights were the absolute worst nights for me. But the group chose that night, so she said, if you can just get there once a month, that would be good. Well, she calls me each week and I say yes or no, and it's been going ok, only some minor tones in her voice.

Last week she called and I couldn't go because I needed to go to my AA meeting in Seattle at Jewish Family Services. Above all else, my AA recovery is the most important thing I have in life because without that, there is NOTHING. She isn't an alcoholic so she absolutely doesn't understand that.

I told her last week that I would change my plans and go to my second job last night and go to choir practice tonight. The best laid plans, not. A member of AA ran into some trouble and I needed to be there for her because when someone is in trouble, you reach out your hand and that's becomes the most important. Well, obviously I didn't make it to work last night and need to go to night. I called my friend and explained the truth and she is disappointed, judgemental, controlling etc. I did stand my ground and I feel good about what I did, it was the right thing for me, but taking care of myself is so new. :RollieEyes:

Then this friend went on to explain to me that according to our by laws I can not list my H as being a member of my household because he is living somewhere else and so they won't list him in the directory. I said not a problem, take my family name out of it. And she got quiet because I wasn't doing what she wanted. We went round and round and I was absolutely understanding her point, but that he was still my H, I loved him very much and wanted him to come home. We came up with an agreement that possible they would use The "Our Name" family instead of individual names. She didn't think that would work, so again I said no problem, but don't use mine. She went on to explain how they don't do it for children, etc. I completely agreed and understood and told her what the choices were. As you can imagine she wasn't happy with me.

I think I should follow up on this with the president and make it absolutely clear on what I want. Am I being unreasonable or childish?

lashes

Sorry its so long. Don't have a hubby to ask. rotflmao

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Queenie ,how are you doing?

Long time no hear?

BS;ME43,WH45
DS19,DS16
DDay:6Dec06
WH left12Dec06
DIV:3Dec08
WH marries OW 21days later!

M
M
Queenie,

Haven't heard from you much of late. I do hope that is because your life is going well.

Hope you had a Good Shabbas...

Mark

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Hope,

I am doing ok. My computer went down and I havent' had internet at work for a few days, so I haven't been able to talk. I went away overnight and just got home.

I am still missing him terribly, but moving on in life. I didnt think I could get to this point, but I am and just doing the best I can.

All I can ask for today, thanks for checking up on me.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Would love to talk to you.

hug hug hug and a big bear hug

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Page 233 of 339 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation