Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2124403 09/09/08 04:57 PM
J
JustKim Offline OP
OP Offline
J
If your FWH volunteered to take a polygraph and set the entire thing up and never did it?

If your FWH, when asked after several months why he hadnt done what you mutually agreed on, replied " I dont know, I intended to"

If your FWH swears "You have nothing to be worried about, I have been completely honest with you, you know everything"

If you find a bra that is not yours in your laundry which cannot be explained but FWH SWEARS he doesnt know how it got there.

What would you think?

BS: Me, 43
FWH: 50
EA/PA with My Friend Jan-Apr 06
DDay: 4/29/06
NC: email 5/1/06

Recovering
V
V
JK - I assume these are not hypothetical questions. I'm afraid that I would think what you are probably thinking. I am so sorry.

Given my situation I don't yet feel qualified to offer advice but...

If I were in a similar situation I would demand that my spouse honor the commitment to take the polygraph ASAP or I would implement Plan D.

TIM

BH (me) - 53
WW - 54
D
D
Originally Posted by JustKim
If your FWH volunteered to take a polygraph and set the entire thing up and never did it?

If your FWH, when asked after several months why he hadnt done what you mutually agreed on, replied " I dont know, I intended to"

If your FWH swears "You have nothing to be worried about, I have been completely honest with you, you know everything"

If you find a bra that is not yours in your laundry which cannot be explained but FWH SWEARS he doesnt know how it got there.

What would you think?

I'd think that somebody's been lyin' out of their kiester!!

Charlotte

P.S.) And you are correct in your assumptions.

S
S
He is lying and cheating again. Can you arrange to personally DRIVE him to the polygraph appointment? Or is it that important anymore...and you have enough evidence... when you found the strange bra, etc...

You could take the bra and tie it on a flagpole in the yard.

Last edited by Stellakat; 09/09/08 06:04 PM.
M
M

What would you think?

I would think he is lying his a** off!

So sorry, JK. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
JustKim, what scares me here is that you had to ask. I fear that you are doubting your own judgment. Is that the case? When a spouse is gaslighted for so long, they begin to doubt their instincts and common sense.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
I think you need to expose.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
R
R
What would "I" think, you ask?

I think someone is waaaaaaaay overdue for their Lie Detector Test.

J
JustKim Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Scares me, too Mel.

You are right, I dont know what to believe. We are 2.5 years post d day and for the last year, Ive had a dream husband. Committed to M, follows MB principles, very attentive and loving. Puts forth a HUGE effort. HUGE. NOTHING like he was during the A. There is NOTHING in his behavior that has led me to believe he could possibly be having another A. No way. And Im very leary and suspicious.

The last time, there were red flags galore and even though he denied it I just knew.

Interestingly enough, I posted the question on the strange bra over on the private forum to Dr Harley and he advised that, given the state of my M, that it is plausible my H didnt have anything to do with it. I have a preteen daughter and it is possible that the bra belongs to one of her friends or something, since it showed up after a marathon cleaning session of said daughters closet. I just dont know what to think. I suppose its possible that 13 yr olds have a size D bra. ( said with a good deal of sarcasm)

Im eerily calm. No hysterics. Very detached and calm. And Im an emotional person so NO idea where it is all coming from. H is insistant on taking a polygraph now. I told him it really didnt matter and he replied that "It matters to him, now". I guess when it mattered to me, it wasnt important enough.

I feel numb. I dont know if I should believe him, or if Im being snowed. I just dont know.

M
M
JK, but you don't need to be so scared. There is no reason he can't reassure you and take the polygraph. That will help you RELAX, won't it?

Exposure 101

C
C
Kim:

Schedule the poly yourself and don't tell him. When you have the time scheduled, tell your WH that you want to do something together that date/time and not to make plans. Do not tell him what the plans are. You drive the car and just go there. If he has nothing to hide, he should not balk.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
I
I
Scares me, too Mel.

You are right, I dont know what to believe. We are 2.5 years post d day and for the last year, Ive had a dream husband. Committed to M, follows MB principles, very attentive and loving. Puts forth a HUGE effort. HUGE. NOTHING like he was during the A. There is NOTHING in his behavior that has led me to believe he could possibly be having another A. No way. And Im very leary and suspicious.

The last time, there were red flags galore and even though he denied it I just knew.

Interestingly enough, I posted the question on the strange bra over on the private forum to Dr Harley and he advised that, given the state of my M, that it is plausible my H didnt have anything to do with it. I have a preteen daughter and it is possible that the bra belongs to one of her friends or something, since it showed up after a marathon cleaning session of said daughters closet. I just dont know what to think. I suppose its possible that 13 yr olds have a size D bra. ( said with a good deal of sarcasm)

Im eerily calm. No hysterics. Very detached and calm. And Im an emotional person so NO idea where it is all coming from. H is insistant on taking a polygraph now. I told him it really didnt matter and he replied that "It matters to him, now". I guess when it mattered to me, it wasnt important enough.

I feel numb. I dont know if I should believe him, or if Im being snowed. I just dont know.

Ask your daughter if she has a "D" friend.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
M
M
Originally Posted by CrushedJim
Kim:

Schedule the poly yourself and don't tell him. When you have the time scheduled, tell your WH that you want to do something together that date/time and not to make plans. Do not tell him what the plans are. You drive the car and just go there. If he has nothing to hide, he should not balk.

Jim, I DO see your point very much, however, if she surprises him like that, she will LOSE the utilitarian value of the polygraph. I learned something REAL INTERESTING about polygraphs last year and have seen the same thing numerous times around here. Did you know that MANY people confess BEFORE the polygraph? People would rather confess than be found lying, so just the idea of taking such a test can bring confessions. I have seen it happen so many times on this forum to my amazement!

The utilitarian value of the polygraph might surprise even the strongest critics when it comes to criminal testing and the results the device provides. In a 1996 study of 96 child support cases listed as questionable due to the unknown where-abouts of the father, the researchers informed the mothers that they would use the polygraph to verify the unknown status of the fathers. Following the mere suggestion of polygraph testing, 51 of the mothers came forward with additional information, resulting in the resolution of those cases. (6) Additionally, in 2002, three men confessed to murders following their polygraph tests. During a polygraph pretest, one man confessed to child molestation. When another man was notified that his polygraph had been scheduled, he confessed to shooting his wife. And, after failing a polygraph test, a third confessed to killing his wife. (7)

FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin,The, April, 2005 by William J. Warner

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Jim, I DO see your point very much, however, if she surprises him like that, she will LOSE the utilitarian value of the polygraph. I learned something REAL INTERESTING about polygraphs last year and have seen the same thing numerous times around here. Did you know that MANY people confess BEFORE the polygraph? People would rather confess than be found lying, so just the idea of taking such a test can bring confessions. I have seen it happen so many times on this forum to my amazement!

I agree that the threat of the poly may be enough. What would be more threatening... "I want you to take one" or "WE'RE HERE, GET OUT OF THE CAR". I think the confession will come in the parking lot.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
M
M
Originally Posted by CrushedJim
I agree that the threat of the poly may be enough. What would be more threatening... "I want you to take one" or "WE'RE HERE, GET OUT OF THE CAR". I think the confession will come in the parking lot.

you may be right!

Exposure 101

M
M
JK, I am so sorry too.

I highly recommend going through with the lie detector test, even if you feel like you don't care anymore. Later on down the road, you'll wish you had. Just do it and get it over with.

My H was sooooo convincing when he told me there was nothing else to tell, even after seeing my pain from the first betrayals from all the lies. It took me about 3 months to schedule the test after he agreed to take one because I was just so embarrassed to do it. My H didn't seem to be bothered by it coming.....until I made the appt.

I guess he was playing my bluff. Figuring he'd hold out unless he had to spill for a test. He was gambling, and lost. He could have earned some trust had he told me everything before I was forced to do a test. Just because he finally took the test, it didn't really make me appreciate him for it. He stretched out the lies and the pain, and that is hard to reconcile.

Let you husband do this. Otherwise, if you bring up this bra incident or questions about his past affair later, he'll probably get upset and tell you that you should have gotten him tested so quit b1tching kind of thing.

Also, Mel is completely right about confessions coming out even before the test. My H is living proof of that one. His confessions started immediately after the test was scheduled, and he gave me three more d-days before the actual test. I was mortified to say the least. Oh yeah, and after each one, he said "that's all there is".

I also think it's not a terribly bad idea to go to the test without him knowing it's coming, but get there about 45 minutes early so that he can confess stuff if he's going to. Also, getting there early with you won't allow him the time to take any drugs to try to beat the test.

And I would most certaintly ask anyone in the household about that bra.

I wish you well during this time. Take care of yourself, don't forget to do that.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

M
M
Jk, you might want to consider one more thing.

You could be daydreaming one day and glance over at him and say, "Honey, if I ever did schedule a lie dector test, have you ever thought about what questions I may ask"? But don't give him your questions. This way, he'll have to mentally take the time to go through his mind, hopefully, of all and any things he may need to tell you, so that when you arrive at the test unexpectedly, he should be able to recall what he has that is still untold to you. Just a thought.

Husband was unfaithful to me before and after our marriage, at least 7 times. I found out 13 yrs into the marriage. Trickle truth for an entire year. Several different d-days, so it was more like a d-year. Difficult recovery.

C
C
Where do you even schedule a test? The police dept?

Not sure I would even know where to go!!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
M
M
The police department here wouldn't do it for a private citizen. I actually had to scan the internet and yellow pages. I found a retired officer here in town who had previously worked with sex offenders.

She came to my house with her equipment and spent 3 hours doing it. I paid #350.00

But make sure you do a lot of internet research ahead of time so that you'll know what to expect and what the different outcomes mean.

M
M
Lawyers may have referrals too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation