Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 119 of 152 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 151 152
Dancing_Machine #2125635 09/11/08 01:20 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I emailed Gray to see if this weekend was a go or no-go. I also asked if they were planning to evacuate. flirt

So he wrote back no-go and no. mad

Hmmmmm.....not very chatty today. skeptical

I figure:

1. He got word from Shiny that I wasn't bending to their bullying :twobyfour:

2. He figured it out all by his wittle self faint

3. He's p*ssed about what I put up on eBay (Hey! I'm only following court orders!) cool

4. He's p*ssed about the tagline I have up whistle

Well, whatever. Or even better: WhatEVAH!!!!!! rant2

Do I look like I give a rat's ***? stickout

I was hoping he'd at least get some of his stuff out of here, though. grumble

Oh well.

PL-T can't go with me to Tulsa. cry

Guess I'll ask Shiny next. :MrEEk:

Yeah, he's just crazy enough to do it, too. rotflmao

But nah. There's a good chance they'll meet me at some point between here and there so I'll go by meself. Unless flying them in would be cheaper, and it might be. grin

So we shall see!! dance2

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
P.S.) Oh, and my apologies!! I missed answering your last post!!

De nada.

You're a busy lady.

We had a dobie when I was a young'un named Contessa...and she was very noble.

grin Thank you. Yes, true. But I still need to be more careful!

So I am punishing myself: flirt :twobyfour:

Awwwwww.....Contessa....how SWEET!!!!! We had Gillis and Roman. Gillis was a black Dobie, Roman was a red Dobie. Both as sweet as sweet could be!!

I don't know why Dobies have such bad reputations. dontknow Must be all that malicious gossip!! grumble

grin

C
C
Two dobies....Zelda and Maynard.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
Two dobies....Zelda and Maynard.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Yeah, I remember!! wink

C
C
Weren't Dobie's parents Winifred and Herbert?

Dancing_Machine #2125952 09/11/08 11:14 PM
D
OP Offline
D
rotflmao

Well, it was #1 after all!! Shiny faxed it yesterday. rotflmao

Shiny said, "There's just NO reason he can't help you since he makes so much money. And you're not the one who cheated!! Hey, if you do the crime.....you do the time!!!" rotflmao

"Dang tootin'!!" Said I. grin

Plus, Slag is footing a lot of bills. Heck, he's on EEEEEEEAAAAASY Street!!! rotflmao

Awww....and Shiny read the letter to me and it was so eloquent!! Of course the Dark Side won't appreciate the eloquence, it will only enrage them and make them do this: rant2

rotflmao

Yeah, Shiny was hilarious today! But he usually is.

I told him I didn't like talking to guys because they always have a secret agenda. So he's all..."Well...the last time I checked my driver's license....I was a guy!!" rotflmao

I said, "Yeah, but you don't have a secret agenda, except for food!!! And that's no secret!! All my guinea pigs are lined up with their mouths open and you're at the front of the line!!"

He says, "And don't forget, you won't forget, right?!! Don't forget!!" rotflmao

Awwwwww.....so SWEET!!! You just can't not like someone who loves food!!

He's really going to have to keep up with his diet now...he has a sweet tooth and when I have homework....look out!!

Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to open a bakery/deli or a restaurant. Whatever it is, Shiny will eat gratis forever!

It'll be just like in the Sopranos with Artie and Tony except I won't have to worry about Shiny's captains coming over for a cut of my profits. rotflmao

But I WILL have protection!! rotflmao

I also told him that I told my cousin he had asked about her, (she's still in rehab) and how thrilled she was because she thinks no one cares about her, her self-esteem is really low. He said, "Well, I DO care about her."

Awwwwww.....and they haven't even met yet!

He also said he'd put it in writing and sign it for her. I told him..."Well, she'd just be tickled pink!! And it's not easy to tickle HER pink!!!" rotflmao

So we had a good visit.

Yeah, I think I'm going to ask him next time if he would be my adopted brother, or uncle. (Since he's WAAAAAY too young to be my dad!!!) I don't have any male influences in my life anymore. They all died or they are far away. And my Dad has this thing where he always has to be right no matter what. My sister was even too intimidated to tell him about her engagement! And my brother, well, he's in SF and he's my LITTLE brother. Shiny is really close in age to my uncle who died so horribly in 2000. There's only a 2-year age difference. And that uncle was really like my older brother since my Mom was 16 when I was born. I get along really well with people that age. Because I grew up with them. They made me older, in a good way!! Taught me lots of great things. That's why me-n-Shiny get on so well. So...I'm losing a husband and gaining a brother! grin

And IF I ever decide to date again....I will give them Shiny's card to call and pass the Shiny test. If they have the guts enough to call, I might just go out with them!! rotflmao

So, after I left Shiny's, I called Mom to see if she made it home through the mess on the freeway with the evacuation. Yeah, she took the secret back way.

That's what I did after belly dancing, took the OTHER secret back way. Smooth sailing alllllllll the way!! Then I saw the interstate after I came out from a road from BFE. WOOOOO!!! STILL almost a parking lot!! And we're 50 miles from downtown Houston!!

I would have been okay either way because if the traffic was really bad, Shiny said I could come over there and wait for it to die down. That was real nice of him. But since I know the secret back roads home, I took them. Darn!! wink I wouldn't have minded laughing for a while more. Ah well, maybe next time.

rotflmao

Yeah, the police department here wants us to evacuate but we aren't going. I hope my house makes it through. We haven't had a bad hurricane get so close to us for a really long time. Since the 80's, at least. Yeah, I think it was '83.

This house wasn't here then. Well, I'm not going to worry about it. I might pack a few things in case I need to bug out of here. Good thing my insurance is paid up, payment was due tomorrow but I paid it today over the phone to make sure it went through. LOL! I don't know if it will matter since a hurricane is an "act of God," but there is a giant oak tree in just the right place to get knocked over on top of the house so it might cover that if it happens. I hope not, though. It's a really nice tree. And there are a couple of others that my grandpa planted. I don't want to see those go, either.

Well, that's enough yakkin' from me tonight I guess!!! rotflmao

Dancing_Machine #2126101 09/12/08 08:23 AM
D
D
Do you really have cavies?

I've got two.

King Henry and Sir Hamecelot....

And I'm getting Shiny some razors, since all guiena pigs are naturally fuzzy.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Dealan-de #2126110 09/12/08 08:30 AM
C
C

I've got two.

dontknow

P
P
Best dogs we ever had were Dobies. I have pictures of my 1-year old daughter asleep on "Candy"... a red doberman we used to have. Somebody actually stole her right out of our backyard. cry

Then we had Roxie and Sadie (short for Mercedes). When they were pups we gave them an old couch to play with. They tore that thing to smithereens.
rotflmao

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
Cavies are an easier way to say guiena pig.

Guiena pigs ROCK! Besides platypi, they are one of the funniest animals God invented.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
E
E
Mornin' Charlotte!
hug

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi smile

I'm gonna try to catch up on your story today-- dunno if I have 237 pages worth of time tho... I can skim wink

I like all your nicknames and the use of the little smiley dudes tho... lashes

That should make it entertaining to read!!!

E.

D
OP Offline
D
I must confess: I mostly remember Zelda, Maynard G. Krebs and of COURSE Dobie!!! grin

Dealan-de #2126472 09/12/08 06:30 PM
D
OP Offline
D

I've got two.

And I'm getting Shiny some razors, since all guiena pigs are naturally fuzzy.

Yeah, we used to have one named Crystal. She was one of the fuzzier one. All white, too. My best friend had her and wanted another pet so we adopted her. My bf used to go through a lot of pets!!

Awwwww....razors for Shiny!! rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Best dogs we ever had were Dobies. I have pictures of my 1-year old daughter asleep on "Candy"... a red doberman we used to have. Somebody actually stole her right out of our backyard. cry

Then we had Roxie and Sadie (short for Mercedes). When they were pups we gave them an old couch to play with. They tore that thing to smithereens.
rotflmao

Awwwwwwww.......how CUTE!!!

Sad about someone stealing her, though. Yeah, someone stole Roman from us. rant2

rotflmao An old couch!!! LOL!! Perfect idea, pm!! I've been wanting to get rid of this old couch foe-EVAH!!!! Now I can use it for a doggie chew toy!! Thanks for the tip!!!!

rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by eeyoree
Mornin' Charlotte!
hug

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi smile

I'm gonna try to catch up on your story today-- dunno if I have 237 pages worth of time tho... I can skim wink

I like all your nicknames and the use of the little smiley dudes tho... lashes

That should make it entertaining to read!!!

E.

Hi eeyoree!!

Thank you!! Yeah, pretty dang long it is. Ain'ta goana get no shoatah, neithah!!!

rotflmao

N
N
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Char,

Can I just tell you "YOU ARE MY HERO"????......

I love reading your stuff...it always brings a smile to my face, even when nothing else will...... kiss kiss

not2fun

C
C
Only because of the internet do I know Dobie's parent's names. I be smaaart.

D
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
I be smaaart.

And you take your Ginko.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
No no no

She's smart because she gets her insurance from a gekko and a duck

D
OP Offline
D
Well, where to start...hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Looks like we are going to trial!! Funny, 'cause the other day I asked Shiny if he wanted me to start hunting and gathering just in case! LOL! Got word two days later!!

Gray is coming out with his brother tomorrow to pick up his personal items. I'm not saying a word about getting the papers. I wonder if he will try and bring it up?

He wrote me the other night and I was curious because his email had a different tone. I wondered what was up. Well, I guess I know why now!!! LOL!!

I'm not worried. I have Shiny. And OWH for a witness. I'm good.

Today I went to class and managed to only be 10 minutes late. Last time I was an hour late because I left 5 or 10 minutes later than usual. Traffic was horrendous!! So today I jumped off of I-10 and took another route. It's so much worse now after the hurricane than it was before. It's not just traffic lights out, I think more people are staying on the west side of town now.

Anyway, so after class I debated going by Shiny's but decided to go home since I had to ship stuff out for eBay. PL-T called when I was packing it up and asked if I wanted to come in or if she should mail the papers. So I said I'd come in. Dang! I KNEW I should have stopped by! Oh well.

Yeah, they came in on Thursday but I didn't have belly dancing that evening so I didn't go into town.

But what the heck? I needed to go to the library for my research paper anyway. PL-T went to the library and got a card for me because it costs $70 if you don't live in Harris County.

So yeah, buncha more stuff to do now. But that's okay.

I visited with Shiny for a while and I got to be a witness for a will. Cool! First time I got to do that ever! Then we went and had supper at Carrabba's. Mmmmmmmmmm......I've been wanting to make it back there like FOREVER!! How did he know? LOL!! Hey I was good for ANYPLACE with food, I told him, since I hadn't eaten since 9:30 a.m. or so and that was just a teeny sausage biscuit. So that was his pick. And a dang good one.

So while we waited for a table, I returned Gray's call. He had called me on the way to Shiny's but I didn't know because the phone was off but the music was cranked up anyway so I wouldn't have heard it, LOL!!!!

It was just a reiteration of his email message that I didn't answer before I left home. Too busy!!

Well, he answered the phone on the 2nd ring. Sounded pretty lucid actually. Do you think he's weaning himself off of pills? That would be a good thing. But he's being too nice, I don't trust that at all. skeptical

Could just be because of the trial, who knows? I'll see what he says tomorrow, if anything.

I told Shiny I'm going to have my cell on my body so if they truss me up and toss me over the bridge I will call him yelling: HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!! So he can come and toss me a rope!! LOL!!

Dang, I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight!! And I have homework besides the research paper!!! EEK!!!! :MrEEk:

Ah well, that might be the sleeping pill I need. LOL!!

That's all I can think of for now...oh, and I told Shiny that we should put him on my horse for the photo shoot. He is a Texas attorney, after all!! LOL!! So he says I'll have to use duct tape so he doesn't fall off!! LOL!! Okay, then, he can stand next to her. She matches his eyes, it'll be great!!

Well, I can't get him to wear the vest with the watch on a chain thing...very "attorney-like," IMO!!! LOL!! He wants to wear his football jersey and jeans. So, hey!! Get on the horse then!!

Well, we'll get some great photos however it works out. He'll have more work than he can handle. Oh wait, it's pretty dang close to that now!! I guess Baby Attorney is going to have to get busy too, then. He is around helping out sometimes. He told me one day that if it wasn't for Shiny he'd be out on the highway carrying one of those signs! Awwwwww!!! Baby Attorney has the CUTEST license plate!! Well, maybe not the cutest, but it's cute! I guess I'd better not put it here but it is legal jargon, I'll just leave it at that.

Okay, I'd better get out now, this is getting really, really long!

Toodles!

Charlotte

Page 119 of 152 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 671 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation