Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52
S
S
miserly and wayward! 2 for the price of 1!

puke

B
B
Chris,

First, I'm glad you had such a great trip. It did my heart good to read about the closeness you had with DD.

Second,

Wayzilla needs to pull her head out of her [censored] soon. None of this was in her great master plan. Sucks to be an adulteress

WayZ is getting smacked a bit with reality, but is standing there stomping her foot in definace because it's not HER master plan.

Too bad, not sad.

I'm just sorry for DD20. With only 4 1/2 months to go to 21 it may be ok to wait,,,but why couldn't she simply close the account and open another? She can still give you access, but not the WayZ.

Just a thought.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
S
I can only imagine what DD20 is feeling. Even at her age, there is a level of innocence that is lost during all of this, a naivte that you cannot get back. I wanna sock WZ in the gut mad

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Definitely had that “Fall is in the air” smell and feeling this morning. Best time of the year. And………

Basketball finally started again last night. We are having open gyms sessions for the girls and are having a pretty good turn out. It is so great to be back in the gym. We now have 64 girls on our contact list but will only have room for 30-32 on the 3-teams. This will be one of the first years in the history of the high school that cuts will be made to finalize the teams. Two years ago they barely were able to field a third level team due to lack of participation. It’s a good problem to have but it is always tough to cut kids. Try outs are only 63 days away.

When we took over the team back in May, our total budget was (-$400). I owed the school! We are now have over $8,000 dollars in the budget and the kids have not yet started any fund raisers. A few weeks ago when my assistant and I got together all we could talk about was money. Now we can talk about basketball again. Beer tastes better when you are talking basketball.

DD20 is doing great. She got a new job offer today that she will probably take. She is excited for the basketball to get going too. School is going well too. She still has a tough day now and again about her Mother (they have not seen each other since June) but she seems mostly happy. Our trip to Minnesota had considerable healing effect I think. We got together Monday night for dinner and to watch the Viking game. The game looked like a rerun from the past couple years. Same old Vikes. It’s good that you can count on some things never changing.

I have been getting a little stupid buying outdoor decorations for Halloween. There is some really goofy cool stuff available now. Wayzilla was big on that but of course she took everything with her. My front yard is entirely a perennial garden and by October 31st it resembles the Adam’s Family yard. It’s a great yard for Halloween. Fun stuff. I keep looking at one of those fog machines. I worked with a guy a few years ago that made a long plywood haunted tunnel the kids had to go into to get to the front door. His whole family helped out. It was pretty cool.

DGS is a Special Ed teacher for a small school district up North and they are having their high school homecoming next Friday. She has to chaperone the homecoming dance so I have been asked to my first homecoming dance ever!! What ever will I wear!

I went to the open house of the new facility of the main competitor of Gollum and Wayzilla’s company the other day. They are probably all piddling in their panties at Gollum and Wayzilla’s place and well should be. This place is a Karma Bus dream come true!

I put the flag out this morning before coming to work. Hard to believe it has been seven years.

Well, it was a very good summer and I think will be an even better Fall. Maybe not so much for Wayzilla. Cheers to all the fightin MBers.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/11/08 12:07 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Heck, that's me!!
I put the flag out this morning before coming to work. Hard to believe it has been seven years.

I helped a friend do his 7th grade girl tryouts for youth baskestball tryouts tonight. It was a lot of fun.

When I go home I found my flag had been stolen and the holder torn off the side of the garage.

Geeeeesh! :RollieEyes: I have never used rollie eyes before.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/12/08 01:36 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B
Chris,

I love reading your updates. It such a powerful testimony to the personal recovery goal for those that end up on the D Line, that despite everything we've gone through or may still be going through, a full, happy life is possible.

I absolutely love hearing about your coaching and DD's successes in her young life. You two are incredible.

I'm so sorry to hear about having your flag stolen! I can't express how angry that kind of disrespect for others and for our country makes me! grumble

Sounds like you have some busy days & weeks ahead of you with the teams. Those kids are so lucky to have you as their coach.

So, what's the line on your making the playoffs this year??

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by da Bomb
It such a powerful testimony to the personal recovery goal for those that end up on the D Line, that despite everything we've gone through or may still be going through, a full, happy life is possible.

Hey Bugs Bomb. Thanks for the compliment but believe me I still have my days. I still occasionally find myself driving to and from work, composing and singing little jingles with rhyming words for Ho, slut, b!tch, skank, and a few other less polite phrases. But………it really is getting better every day!

I'm so sorry to hear about having your flag stolen!
Who the heck would tear down and steal an American flag on 9/11? Weird.

So, what's the line on your making the playoffs this year??
I go to a local basketball web forum occasionally,(they hang naked upside down by their feet in trees flinging feces at each other just like we do here) and let’s just say that nobody is expecting much from us this year. I had my first news reporter call the other day with a couple questions too. That was strange.

Take care Bugs. Thanks for bombing my thread.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/12/08 12:23 PM.

P
P
Originally Posted by chrisner
Hey Bugs Bomb. Thanks for the compliment but believe me I still have my days. I still occasionally find myself driving to and from work, composing and singing little jingles with rhyming words for Ho, slut, b!tch, skank, and a few other less polite phrases. But………it really is getting better every day!

You do this too? I thought it was just me. Afterall, Chris, it's been x amount of time for you. Shouldn't you just be over it by now?

:RollieEyes:

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Pom Diddy
You do this too? I thought it was just me.

Hey Pom.

Yep, they are not exactly love song ballads are they? My favorite tunes to create lyrics for are Beat Farmer’s Happy Boy and Camptown Races. I have made a few classics. Well, you know….if you like dripping sarcastic tone poems, heavily laced with profanity and graphic sexual references.....umm......some people don’t. Happy Boy has a particularly useful and versatile chorus for these purposes.

Originally Posted by Pom
Chris, it's been x amount of time for you. Shouldn't you just be over it by now?
Yep, and I am trying to get there just as fast as I can! But overall, things are going great.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/12/08 03:46 PM.

B
B
Yep, and I am trying to get there just as fast as I can! But overall, things are going great.

I think a few tunes dedicated to the stupidity of the wayward here and there is doing pretty darn well. Beats the heck out of non-stop thoughts any day.

Chris, if you didn't have an occassional tune trigger in your head I might wonder about you more. smile

There is no set timeline or deadline for being 'there'. In one way or another, the fact is the infidelity will always be a part of our history. Nothing will change that. As long as one is moving forward, I think that is what counts.

As always, you are an inspiration, my friend.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

P
P
"Kerosene", by Melinda Lambert is great for some angry moments.

Beyoncee "To the Left" is good, but it's more along the lines of what I should have done instead of what I really did.

"Not Gon' Cry" by Mary J. Blige is always awesome.

Can't say I'm too familiar with the ones you mention.

For a good laugh, there's always Weird Al's song which goes something along the lines of:

You know it's kind of cute the way
You poison my coffee just a little each day.

You use to think I was nice.
Now you tell all your friends that I'm the anti-Christ

Oh, oh! I have to ask you, what's this poisonous cobra
doing in my underwear droor?

Sometimes I get to thinking, you don't love me anymore.

One final golden line:

It really hurt my self esteem
The time that you made it with the whole hockey team!

Last edited by pomdbd3; 09/15/08 09:27 AM.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
W
W
Hey, chris! Thanks for the update.

That is great about your b-ball team. Next we'll be hearing of you coaching the WNBA!

I feel for DD20. Her and DD15 are so alike in this aspect. I'm sure hope, though, by the time DD15 is 20, she and her dad will have a renewed their relationship. I fully expect Babs to be out of the picture by then.

DD15 seems mostly happy, too. She keeps a stiff upper lip mostly, but I know she's hurting.

Most of the time, I just want to bust WxH in the chops for being so uncaring with is DDs. Wouldn't do a darn thing, though, he has to WANT to or it doesn't mean anything.

I have been getting a little stupid buying outdoor decorations for Halloween. There is some really goofy cool stuff available now. Wayzilla was big on that but of course she took everything with her. My front yard is entirely a perennial garden and by October 31st it resembles the Adam’s Family yard.

How cool! We live too far out to bother doing alot of decorations. We do some inside and that is about it.

DGS is a Special Ed teacher for a small school district up North and they are having their high school homecoming next Friday. She has to chaperone the homecoming dance so I have been asked to my first homecoming dance ever!! What ever will I wear!

Why, GODDESS WEAR, of course. Chin up, chest out, my friend.

Well, it was a very good summer and I think will be an even better Fall.

I concur!

I can't believe someone stole your flag on 9/11. That's just wrong. faint

You are a major success in many ways. Keep up the good work.

Fox

W
W
So.......tell all of us wallflowers how homecoming went.

Did you find the PERFECT thing to wear? Have your hair done JUST RIGHT?

Did you pick her up in a LIMO?

Fox

J
J
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

Did you find the PERFECT thing to wear? Have your hair done JUST RIGHT?

Fox

Was there six inch f-me pumps involved?

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Originally Posted by james

Believer was at your homecoming dance? Wow, she gets around grin

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Cowgirl! I have not been here since last week and I find you have tied balloons to all our threads.

Originally Posted by cowgirl
It was fun. The high school only has around 350 kids in it. The town has a single stop light at the main street crossroad. I can not believe what some of these young girls are allowed to walk out of the house wearing. Amazing and scary. Mostly scary.

We went to the homecoming game Friday night and they won in a furious and improbable 4th quarter rally. The entire town was there cheering like it was the Super Bowl. DGS supervised the freshman class’s homecoming float and they won the Best Float award during the halftime ceremonies, so she was pretty pumped. They had a 4-block homecoming parade that Friday afternoon again attended by the whole town. All the town businesses closed for the 15 minutes it took.

Pretty cool. Small town America.

Sunday, DGS and I planted her car in old town Fort Collins and then walked 6 miles from her house to get it along the Pouder River trail. Fort Collins is a very nice and pretty city. We had margaritas at the Rio (they limit you to 3 and it’s a good idea), shopped a little, watched a little football and drove home. Nice time.

Originally Posted by cowgirl
We took her Volkswagen Bug. The Subaru needed a wash.

Not much else to say. Work is good right now. Basketball is starting to pick up and become real now. Only 6 weeks to tryouts and then my calendar will be booked until March. I took a quick call from a prep sports reporter a few days ago. It reminded me to get prepared when I get more calls in a few weeks. I have a few prepared notes in my wallet now so I don’t sound too stupid.

I hopefully will get to see DD20 at open gym tomorrow and we can grab a quick dinner afterward. She seems to be doing okay. I sense there is something up but she has not shared anything with me yet. We’ll see. With school, work and her boyfriend, I don’t get to see her as much as I would like. All part of letting go I guess. I will get to see her a lot once basketball gets going and I am looking forward to that.

No news at all about Wayzilla. She has not done anything to see DD since early June and the Taco Bell incident. She has not tried at all. I got my phone bill for last month yesterday. There were 14 calls between them during the billing period. DD initiated 13 of them.

Thanks for checking in Cowgirl.

Last edited by chrisner; 09/30/08 01:44 PM.

W
W
Originally Posted by james
SL - Believer was at your homecoming dance? Wow, she gets around

rotflmao rotflmao

We love ya, B!!!

Hi Cowgirl! I have not been here since last week and I find you have tied balloons to all our threads.

Yeah, well, school has come to a screeching halt for a couple of days. The laptops with AutoCAD are being used by the architects. frown As soon as one comes back, I'll have to hit the books again.

And, besides, I missed my amigos.

I can not believe what some of these young girls are allowed to walk out of the house wearing.

I hear that.

On a very RARE occasion, I let DD14 wear pre-ripped jeans to school. It is the first time I have ever let her buy jeans that come from the store already torn. Every time I see them on her I tell her she looks homeless. Kindly, of course. wink

At least they cover her bod, though. Some of the "clothes" you see at school/dances/games, etc can't even really be considered clothes.

Yikes.

Pretty cool. Small town America.

Awesome. I love how the whole town gets involved and supports their kids. It really DOES take a village to raise a child.

We took her Volkswagen Bug. The Subaru needed a wash.

You don't want to show those young bucks up, anyway. They'd probably toilet paper it for you. grin

I took a quick call from a prep sports reporter a few days ago. It reminded me to get prepared when I get more calls in a few weeks. I have a few prepared notes in my wallet now so I don’t sound too stupid.

I think you could probably talk circles around them, chris, if your "stupidity" around here is any indication.

I hopefully will get to see DD20 at open gym tomorrow and we can grab a quick dinner afterward. She seems to be doing okay. I sense there is something up but she has not shared anything with me yet.

In due time, Dad. If she can call you to commiserate about cramps, I doubt there is much else she couldn't talk to you about. Since she had cramps, it can't be the OTHER thing that happens if you DON'T have cramps for a month or two.

She'll get her thoughts in order, get a grasp on her own feelings and then find you. She knows you are there.

No news at all about Wayzilla. She has not done anything to see DD since early June and the Taco Bell incident. She has not tried at all.

What a waste.

And one I certainly empathize with. DD15 made an effort on WxH's birthday in early September. Nothing between them since.

sigh STOOPID WAYWARDS.

Fox

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Originally Posted by chrisner
I hopefully will get to see DD20 at open gym tomorrow and we can grab a quick dinner afterward. She seems to be doing okay. I sense there is something up but she has not shared anything with me yet.

In due time, Dad. If she can call you to commiserate about cramps, I doubt there is much else she couldn't talk to you about. Since she had cramps, it can't be the OTHER thing that happens if you DON'T have cramps for a month or two.

She'll get her thoughts in order, get a grasp on her own feelings and then find you. She knows you are there.

Hey Cowgirl!

Another good turnout at open gym last night. All four coaches and the stats keeper were there. The kids are working hard. DD20 and our Level 3 coach who just finished her collegiate basketball career got on the floor to run with the kids in some full court drills and scrimmages. I thought they both were going to die.

We all went to dinner afterwards and had some great hoop talks.

I got to talk to DD for a little bit about how she is doing. There is definitely an underlying sadness to her and clearly a great deal of that is her mom. We only talked about her mom for a minute but there is nothing new there. They have only seen each other once since May. One time in 5-months! I really can’t believe it. She was once a very good and loving mother. And now she has abandoned her only child completely.

Adultery sucks.

P
P
Does Wayzilla expect DD to support her? Is she making demands?

Is this absence in seeing DD20 self imposed or is it DD20 not wanting to see her?

Wayzilla still with Gollum?

I know you're probably in the dark about most stuff.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

C
OP Offline
C
Hey Pom.

Originally Posted by PomPilot
Does Wayzilla expect DD to support her? Is she making demands?

Not that I am aware of. Wayzilla did demand a meeting in person with DD the week we took my Mother’s ashes to Minnesota regarding DD’s savings account and spending habits. DD did not return that message.

Then Wayzilla made the first attempt at voice contact with me leaving a voice message on the same topic. It was the first I had heard her voice in 13-months. Obviously this was not an emergency topic and I did not call her back. I have however talked to DD and have encouraged her to keep a written budget and try to stick to it. It seems to be working.

I guess when they talked a few days later Wayzilla did not even bring the money up.

Things have clearly gone downhill since Wayzilla did not come to see DD at the ER and then responded to finding out about DGS by requesting DD meet Gollum. DD’s stern decline on that great opportunity is no doubt a major cause of this further freeze.

Is this absence in seeing DD20 self imposed or is it DD20 not wanting to see her?

I think it’s both. They are both very stubborn and hard headed.

Wayzilla still with Gollum?
I assume so, but the last I heard Wayzilla was down in Mordor Springs was over a month ago. Evidently on the few occasions Wayzilla and DD talk on the phone, Wayzilla’s life and happenings are never discussed.

This adultery may survive. It may even become an affairage some day but I think that is unlikely. There is too much damage in their wake to make it work. But, who knows?

I know you're probably in the dark about most stuff.

I am, and thankfully further in the dark each day.

Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation