Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
This is the only one I check regularly.

so we don't reply to threads here and there... we just pray.

Yep!

Blessings to all.

S&C cool

Praising His name.... hurray

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
Q
Q
Heavenly Father,

No long prayer today. I am tired. But I know you never sleep and my simple prayer will be heard.

Touch the hearts of all who pass through this place.

IJN, Amen

Just passing through...
Q
Q
Heavenly Father,

If someone stumbles by this forum and into this thread, let them know that they are being held in prayer today.

Thank you for those who come by and pray for others and for AskMe who always keeps up on the devotionals. It may be the only good word that someone reads today.

Bless all who help bring healing to hurting souls on this site and elsewhere. Give strength to those who are tired. Give health to those who are sick. Hold the children in Your arms and keep them safe from the adult problems that surround them.

Thank you for the blessings we see daily, sometimes in the midst of suffering: a smile, a touch, a tear.

Shelter us from further harm.

Hold us. Keep us.

IJN, Amen

Just passing through...
Q
Q
I'm going to copy and paste the original message on this thread because it's been awhile and if someone opens this up at the end I want the message to be repeated.

Hi, from someone along this path with you!

I've kind of taken it upon myself to share something that might make you feel a little less ignored and a lot more covered in prayer:

Many times, and this is true of me as well as many others, we come by this part of the forum, read a prayer request, and pray immediately.

It could be that you'll be put on a prayer request list... either personal or a group... and prayed for later.

Either way, please know that there are people who come by here and pray but don't always have the time to write a response.

This particular part of the forum ebbs and flows... at times it's been very busy, and others... well, if it were possible, you'd see a tumbleweed roll by.

I would hate to write my request and feel ignored... and have done it myself, matter of fact, so I know how you might feel.

Just a gentle reminder that along with those of us who read and don't respond, there is Another who is hearing your cries: God.

Bless each and every one of us... and for those in pain, I pray for healing.

Heavenly Father,

Sometimes I have no words. Today is one of those days. You know my heart and the words I need to say.

Nobody wants to feel ignored... and I pray that anyone who comes by here and posts a prayer request knows that there are people praying, thinking about them, and wishing them healing - emotional, physical and marital.

IJN, Amen

Just passing through...
Q
Q
~Bump~

Still praying for you...

Just passing through...
Q
Q
Bringing back up to the top as a reminder... still here... still praying... still believing...

God Bless You TODAY!!!

Just passing through...
Q
Q
This time is difficult, Lord...

... even under the best of circumstances it is stressful... but for marriages in trouble... especially when there are children... this time of year can be absolutely horrible. Add to that the economy, unemployment and cruelty we see around us... and it almost makes life seem unbearable at times.

Oh Lord, It should be a time of blessing and hope and instead it is a time of sorrow and fear.

For all who stop by here, especially those in trouble, please send healing, hope and even the more tangible things like food, shelter, winter clothes and can we even request gifts for the children?

For those of us who can, give us the desire and means to give.

For those in fractured marriages due to infidelity, please restore the hearts and commitment of the wayward spouse...

Give strength to parents... and joy to the children, in spite of the pain in their lives.

Lord, thank you for all that you have done and all that you continue to do in my life and the lives of others...

Bless us during these dark months... bring light soon...

IJN, Amen

Just passing through...
P
P
Amen

Q
Q
Thank you for reminding me to come here, Lord... to send a little encouragement to someone in pain who thinks nobody is listening.

As we head into this new year, Lord, please keep us in your hands... I picture you cradling us as a parent... keeping us safe... so very important these days, especially.

Keep our children protected... keep reminding us to be parents our children can respect and admire... keep catching us when we fall... and forgiving our sins; we, who are so very human.

Thank you for never giving up on us, Lord...

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Just passing through...
Z
Z
Hey all, I really need your prayers at this time for my marriage.
I hope the lord can work a miracle and bring my WW back frown.

GodBless you all!

Q
Q
Here it is, the end of the month again. Thank you Holy Spirit for the gentle reminders to come pray and write.

Heavenly Father, with so much going on right now, both in the world and in our hearts, sometimes we forget that You are here. It's an embarrassing admission to make, Lord, but it's the truth. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the problems and hurts that we just want to soothe ourselves with whatever is handy... and what could be handier than our God who is *right here* if only we'd ask... yet... and this is as much for me as anyone, Lord... I have failed to come to you. I thought I could do it (whatever it is) on my own - oh, and I have tried!

Personally, Lord, I thank you for never giving up on me and for allowing me to come to you again and again... even when I've been away for awhile... keeping the cup of tea waiting, the home warm, and Your arms open.

Bless those who pass through this place... you know their hearts and hurts, Lord.

IJN,
Amen

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers...

Just passing through...
Q
Q
Heavenly Father,

I am always amazed at the new level of hurts we see here at MB. When it happened to me I felt like the only one it was happening to... and I had nobody or anyplace to go... not that understood.

I am thankful that this place exists and that people in pain have others around them to listen, guide and give comfort.

I run out of things to say sometimes, Lord. But you know my heart and the hearts of everyone here...

Thank you for your unfailing patience and all-encompassing love, Lord. We need you now more than ever.

IJN,
Amen

Just passing through...
R
R
I am asking for prayer that God will save my 20 year marriage. My husband is about to move out and has even rented a condo, but admits he has not yet moved out because he is unsure. I did a really great job for a week with plan A and it was working but then I had too much to drink and said a lot of things I think may have undone all the good.

I need help controlling my emotions. I am having a very hard time not saying nasty things because he did all of this behind my back. I don't know if there is someone else.

Please pray that my husbands heart will be softened toward me and that I will be able to control my emotions enough to do Plan A if I even get the chance.

Q
Q
Heavenly Father,

Coming here is so painful sometimes... not because my hurt is fresh, but because so many others is new, or lingering on.

Let those who come here know they are not alone, Lord. You are there, and others are here... to comfort, to prod, to listen, to lean on.

Let them know that there are those, like me, who drop by occasionally or often... and pray...

Give them peace as they travel this road, Lord, and let them know they are fighting a good fight... a worthwhile fight... and for the betrayed, especially, let them know they are worthy of a good, safe, healthy marriage. And if they aren't able to rebuild their marriage, let them know that they can still be a success alone.

Take care of the children, Lord. They are the truly innocent victims.

IJN,
Amen

Just passing through...
Q
Q
Heavenly Father,

Light our way. Guide our steps. Remind us not to rely on our feelings, which deceive us. Protect our families. Thank you for being here, always, even when we're too devistated, too sad, too angry, too lonely, and/or too confused to remember. We love you.

IJN, Amen

Just passing through...
T
T
I ask humbly that you pray with me to heal our 16 year marriage with my wife and myself.

Currently I am unemployed and have been for nearly a year. The last 3 years have been very tough for my wife and family (4 boys) and myself. My wife has now told me that she is looking for an apt and will leave me to deal with the mortgages and upkeep on the house. I barely make enough in unemployment per month to cover the just the primary mortgage.

Our Heavenly Father knows our heart and that we have truly tried and are not giving up in trying to make our marriage work. I believe with my whole heart that God can change anything and everything! I pray for a miracle for my wife, myself and our wonderful boys. Please I humbly ask that anyone who reads this can also reach out to our Heavenly Father to touch and soften my wife's heart and soul that she does not make decisions that may make our future even more difficult.

I Thank You and may God Bless You for your thoughts and prayers, because I know and am sure that he hears them.

IJN,
Amen

Last edited by tpinnc; 05/02/09 04:48 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation