Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 69 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
K
K
Wishing you the best on your new jobs...I had to smile at your remark, I'm Baptist too. smile
You'd think she'd have learned on the last OM not to introduce him to her kids until the relationship is more permanent than just sex together.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
J
J
Hi ab3

I just skimmed through your thread and wanted to tell you how glad I am that you will soon be dad to your youngest DD. You have certainly stood up for what's best for you kids.

I'd like to share a poem with you that my mom has on her desk with all the pictures of her kids and grandkids (including three adopted grandkids)

Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart,
But in it.

My dad always says to us that he is a rich man because of his kids. I can't tell you how treasured and secure that makes me feel, even to this day. It also helps me understand God's love for me, that He has adopted me into His family too!

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

A
OP Offline
A
Today is the day I sign Placement Agreements to adopt my daughter. Just one court date remaining to have a new birth certificate issued and it's finally complete. I spoke with my attorney yesterday and she explained that we want that hearing to take place AFTER the one for the divorce on November 17th. This way, she explained, my WW can NEVER claim that this action was a product of the marriage in any way. Guess that makes sense to me...

I GOT THE NEW JOB! Not only did I get it, they agreed to my initial high-ball request for a guaranteed salary plus commission. I shot hight initially thinking we would settle and agree at 10-15% less. The VP of the company, who flew from Philadelphia to NC just for our interview, said that she was more than willing to make this investment to insure that I became a part of the company. Very humbling experience for me, I'm just amazed at how all of this has worked out.

So...let's review. On May 1st of THIS year, I felt betrayed, lied to, stolen from, cheated on, depressed, and, YES, ABANDONED! In the less than six months since I've: completely recovered from WW's idiocy, gotten a PAYING position in a great church (where my family is adored), taken a new job paying 25-30% more GUARANTEED (NOT just commission based), been granted approval to adopt a two year old child ALONE, saw my children mature and accept what was once unthinkable, and (most importantly) have seen proof that remaining loyal to one's faith at a time of personal devestation will pay great dividends in the long run.

WHEW! I'm just left now wondering what great things are in store next!

P
P
hurray hurray hurray

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
hurray dance2 hurray

You are truly an inspiration AW3!!!

D
D
This will forever be known as Terrific Tuesday!

YEAH!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
C
C
hurray dance2 hurray dance2 hurray dance2 hurray

Fabulous news. Simply fabulous.

hurray dance2 hurray dance2 hurray dance2 hurray

M
M
That's just GREAT!!!!!! dance2

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
J
J
hurray hurray hurray

You should be the poster boy for success here.

How about changing you're name to, AwesomeWith3kids? grin

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
A
OP Offline
A
Funny Jayne, this is not what I THOUGHT success would look like when I came here in May.

I came here expecting to fix , at ANY cost, my M...but instead feel as though I have fixed my LIFE.

It's almost like I've been pardoned from the life sentence I felt stuck with before D-Day.

I'm glad some of you here employed the necessary 2x4's.

The biggest lesson I'll remember from all of these pages filled with posts (not sure who said it?): CHRISTIAN does not necessarily mean NICE. No more being anybody's doormat for this Father w/ 3 kids.

I told someone earlier that today was the day that a 36 year old single man gave birth to a two year old, 34 lb. baby girl! hahahaha
How many children do you know that have a birth certificate listing a FATHER but no MOTHER???

C
C
I thought about your youngest child's birth certificate the other day. I think you are doing a fantastic job.

Isn't it funny what turns life and recovery can take?

K
K
Congratulations on the job! You have made huge strides for 4 1/2 months!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
J
J
Hello,

I have never posted to you, but have been following your thread from the beginning. I am so impressed with your strength and courage through this time in your life. Your children have such a strong man of God to look up to, and though your older ones are already recognizing it, the respect and love they have for you will, no doubt, grow stronger.

God Bless you and your children.

Me 37
H 42
Daughters 18 and 16
Continuously working at not taking each other for granted.
J
J
Originally Posted by abandonedwith3
Funny Jayne, this is not what I THOUGHT success would look like when I came here in May.

I came here expecting to fix , at ANY cost, my M...but instead feel as though I have fixed my LIFE.

It's almost like I've been pardoned from the life sentence I felt stuck with before D-Day.

Isn't it crazy-cool how God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to?

I'm so glad He's smarter than we are, smart enough to NOT give us what we want!

The biggest lesson I'll remember from all of these pages filled with posts (not sure who said it?): CHRISTIAN does not necessarily mean NICE. No more being anybody's doormat for this Father w/ 3 kids.

If I didn't say it, I don't mind pretending I did. grin

I think it's just so cool how the plan works, to help folks build a better life with or without the WS. When a BS first comes here that's hard for them to realize... but I hope they read your thread and see there's hope for a great life even if things don't work out the way they want.

I told someone earlier that today was the day that a 36 year old single man gave birth to a two year old, 34 lb. baby girl! hahahaha
How many children do you know that have a birth certificate listing a FATHER but no MOTHER???

That's pretty cool! Awesome in fact!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
M
M
Just caught up on your thread. Fell behind due to that lovely storm IKE.

Well just wanted to say congratulation on your new job and I'm so tickled the adoption is going fantastic. I realize once you sign those placement papers you feel a huge sense of releif.

GREAT JOB getting thru this ordeal but you came out on the better side.

C
C
Hey, you better keep us updated! You do know that, don'tcha?

K
K
Yes, please do tell us! How are things going? I've been lurking on this thread for ages and applaud you for your stance through all your hardships.

Your WW deserves all the unpleasant consequences she has gotten from the A...

The end of the road is almost there for you. For her, it is just beginning.

A
OP Offline
A
Sorry folks...guess I just assumed this thread had drifted into obscurity.

Things are going great. Start the new job Monday. Adoption complaint is filed so I should know a court date soon. The new church has been awesome and has really welcomed us all in. They seem to really like the direction I am taking the music department.

WW continues to text and leave voicemails (I NEVER answer) asking to come back home...while continuing to cling to her new "preacher." She really is quite the emberassment to her children.

My son played trumpet for the "See You at the Pole" program last week before school. Since it was during a visit day and he had been at her place the night before, she insisted on attending. He says he BEGGED her not to show up but she did anyway.

My son is the school president for FCA and was thus the primary student involved in the event. She threatened to talk to the sponsor and have him removed as leader for not "honoring his mother." When he called me upset I just explained how infantile and silly that attempt would make her look and assured him I would handle things if she followed through on her threat.

Not really sure when her parenting skills dissappeared, but hindsight is starting to make me see she never really possessed very many anyway.

It's really funny how one's vision and perpective clears when on this side of a relationship. Makes me wonder why I didn't see alot of things years ago!

Thanks for showing concern. I'll update again when I have a court date for the adoption. It will definitely be AFTER my November 17th final divorce hearing.

S
S
ab3,

please keep your thread going. As I said before you da Man! Got a job interview request today by the way. let you know what happens. At a hotel in VA now heading home via another location. Keep up the good work.

SWW

J
J
Bumped for 6yearsleft.

*wave* to aw3! Glad to hear how well you are doing!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
Page 65 of 69 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 501 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation