Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 237 of 339 1 2 235 236 237 238 239 338 339
J
J
Hey Queenie-

Speaking of Mother Nature-fall sure arrived on time this year, didn't it? I love the crisp mornings and the fog as I drive out of the valley to work.

Love ya' grin

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
C
Queenie - the grandfather is out of the hospital...daughter got to talk to him last night and it made her day. The prognosis at the time of diagnosis was 2-4 months. That was in late spring/early summer. He is about 84 or 85. They have been trying chemo but it wipes out his white cells so, in all this time, they've only gotten in about 3 chemo treatments. This morning, I found out they are going to stop chemo until they can get him healthier. I am afraid this is a short slide to the end. Daughter is very close to her grandaddy and really wants him at her high school graduation on May 20. Pray hard.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Bridges,

Queenie, did you click on the link and listen to the lyric of the song? Can you relate to it?
Yes I can absolutely relate to it. I just can't imagine the REST of my life without him.

So, today I know that I can make it without him. Just today is all I have to do.

What a beautiful song. I think I need to keep listening to this.

Cinders, You can bet that your family is added to my prayer list as hard as I can. If there is anything at all that I can do to help, please please let me know.
hug pray hug pray

Hi JT,

How's school going? Yes fall arrived with a bang. I hear it's supposed to be WET and WINDY.....

Can we get together soon, please?

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 09/24/08 09:47 AM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi Cind,

Sorry to hear about the news.

This morning, I found out they are going to stop chemo until they can get him healthier. I am afraid this is a short slide to the end. Daughter is very close to her grandaddy and really wants him at her high school graduation on May 20. Pray hard.

I am going to visit my dad in a few weeks. He's in his 70s...same situation... his body can't take the treatment...with no other options.

Yes...it would be a great gift to him and your daughter were he to be present at her graduation... their relationship being so close and special... He will certainly be in my prayers.

Take care, Cind.

(sorry for the t/j Queenie)

Queenie,

Glad to hear you're out of the woods....can I say...for now? (...because I don't want you to be surprised....you may visit those woods again....hopefully...less and less often....but NOW you'll know your way around...better :crosseyedcrazy:..RIGHT!?! :RollieEyes:

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Queenie, I have Hebrew law question for you. Are you game for a little research?

M
M
I know I missed something.

Did someone share some information with you about your WH?

It's important to remain as unaware as possible about what he is doing.

Any CONTACT whatsoever starts YOUR WITHDRAWAL CLOCK all over again to 3 to 6 months...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
A
A
Queenie I am sorry I missed our chat the other night. Things got kinda crazy here.

Well Happy New Year my friend. Needless to say I work late and will not be able to start things at home in the evening. I will be sure to talk to the kid about the importance of these next few days are.

Hugs

L'shanah tovah

Last edited by A_pretty_face; 09/26/08 10:56 AM.

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Cinders,

Why yes, I would love to do some research.

How is your family doing?

I tried posting three times last night and kept gettign thrown off.

Of course they were words of wisdom, but I can't remember.

What cha need?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
David committed adultery w/ Bathsheba and then called Uriah home and told him to go home to his wife for the night. According to Rabbi Saul, it was against Hebrew law for Uriah to do that while his soldiers were engaged in battle.

Do you know the reference for that? I wanted to know for another MBer who doesn't believe me simply because he has never heard it before.

I could call the rabbi but he doesn't know me and I really hate to bother him. But, I thought you might be willing to see if you can find it. I don't want to be big trouble though - because I know Rabbi Saul can give it to me quickly.

That's all.

A
A
The Talmud rules that she was not married. The law was that before a man went out to war he was required to divorce his wife. This was a necessary precaution taken to protect the wife. In case the husband would die in battle and no one could testify to the fact, the wife would not be an "Agunah" (chained to her possibly deceased husband) and would be free to remarry. If, however, the husband did return from the battlefield safe and sound – the couple was free to remarry. Uriah, too, issued this divorce to his wife and thus, according to Jewish law, King David had relations with a divorced woman.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
C
C
Thanks....I've already put that over where I needed it. hug

A
A
King David summoned Bathsheba he "sent and inquired about the woman." If David, the absolute monarch, desired this woman and was willing to go to any length to fulfill his "fantasy," why did he first send messengers to inquire regarding Bathsheba? He should have sent messengers to "summon" the woman. It is evident that before David summoned her he wished to determine her marital status. Only after ascertaining that she was, in fact, the (divorced) wife of Uriah, did he make his advance.

David was a man of action, and he had found the woman who was worthy of being the grandmother of Moshiach. He immediately dispatched messengers to ascertain that she was divorced from Uriah, and did not hesitate to consummate the union.

summons Uriah from the battlefield, and tells him to go to his "wife." His intention was for Uriah to respond: "Your Majesty, Bathsheba is currently not my wife. I divorced her before leaving in the King's service!" For some reason, Uriah refuses to do so, and instead insults the king, incurring the death penalty. David, perhaps taking in to consideration Uriah's courageous service in his army, chooses to allow him to die an honorable death on the battlefield rather then be executed for treason.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
C
C
gonna paste that, too. Don't know why, but I got into a debate on this w/ medc. sigh

A
A
lol cinders... the never ending fun with Medc... You know either he or you will just get pissed with each other ...

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
A
A
The Zohar maintains that David’s principle sin was: "him [Uriah] you have killed by the sword of the children of Ammon"(Samuel II 12:9 ). David ought to have brought Uriah to the Sanhedrin where they would have executed him in accordance with Jewish law. Instead, by having him killed in the battle against Ammon, David caused a "chillul Hashem" – a desecration of G-d’s name. The children of Ammon were now able to take credit for killing a Jew, and give honor and praise to their deity for this "triumph."

Considering the potential of David it was upsetting to G-d that he summoned Bathsheba in this discreet roundabout way, and that he had Uriah killed by the hands of enemies. Thus G-d resented, the Prophet rebuked, and David repented

King David was too holy to have erred in the incident of Bathsheba. He only stumbled in order to teach us a lesson, to set a precedent of a Tzadik who does sincere repentance. As is known, David spent thirteen years repenting for his "sin." Many of the most beautiful psalms were composed by King David during this period. The Midrash testifies that for those thirteen years, King David’s pillow had to be changed seven times every night for they were drenched with his tears!

When we look back at G-d's anger and David's repentence through our paradigm, we quickly assume that it must have been a grave sin. But when we view the story through the lense of Torah's guide-for-the-future we soon learn that even circumstantial mishaps require ample repentance.

Married 1996
FWW 30's
FWH 30's

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Mimi,

Yes I heard news about WH, and it sent me reeling. FINALLY I told this person to NOT give me any more information as it tears me up too bad.

And yes, I reacted to it and fell down that hole.

I'm better though and it only lasted a few days, which is really good.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
The passage in II Samuel about David and Bathsheba begins in chapter 11. Verse 1 says that in spring when kings led their armies off to war, David sent Joab with the Israeli army off to battle.

David was already not doing what he was called to do by God when he walked onto his roof and saw Bathsheba. He was already likely in a mode of justifying before God the choices he had made. He was already acting selfishly instead of putting the good of the kingdom God had given him ahead of his own personal comfort and well being.

So when he saw Bathsheba, it was an easy step for him to fall into that sin because he was already in sin against God by not doing what God expected him to do.

The cost to David was a family that simply went all to pieces very quickly. He could no longer speak to his sons from the moral high ground and it led to consequences that lasted for generations.

I have a post about this chapter and a few others in my Musings thread on page 9 called The Women of David.

Queenie,

Glad to see you pulling it back together. I was getting a bit worried about you there for a while...

Shana tova umetukah Pretty and Queenie. pray

Happy 5769...

Mark

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Mark,

I was worrried about me too. I am so caught between keep holding on or just simply saying enough and walkign away from my M.

Any thoughts how I could process what the answer for me could be, what factors to look at.

I have been praying to G-d but nothing....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, sometimes the answers are subtle. hug

Mark, thanks.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Cinderella,

I am not getting the subtle messages though. Just random thoughts or Satan?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 237 of 339 1 2 235 236 237 238 239 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation