Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CAZ3 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just talked to a psychic about the state of my marriage. She provided some interesting information. Has anyone ever done this? If so, how did it work out for you? Is it legit?

CAZ3

C
C
OMG...

A friend of mine just asked me to go with her this weekend! I'm not sure if I will. I went years ago and he, it was a guy, did tell me true things that had already happened though.

I just want to go to see what the future holds for my ExH, maybe if she tells me it won't last I could move on.

Crazy huh?

But I do know personally of a lady that went to one recently in another state, and the psychic told her that her H was in the midst of an A. The lady had no clue and it was right on!

C
CAZ3 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I never went to a psychic before. It was a weird, sort of emotional experience.

Anyway, I asked about my WH and the psychic told me that he was engulfed in conversations w/ another woman, but she didn't feel that it was intimate. She didn't see us together in the future. She's 99% I'll have 2 children and she's almost positive they will not be m WH's children. That's really weird because I don't want kids and never really thought I'd have any.

Quick bkgd: I caught my WH holding hands w/ this OW back in August and he has since abandoned me. We've been together on & off for 15 years, married 2 1/2 years. He left me a note 3 weeks after he left saying that he wants this to be over and he didn't love me anymore. He's also an alcoholic. The psychic said my WH has had a huge void and has been lost for a long time, probably since childhood. She doesn't feel that my WH is in love with me, but loves & cares about me. And, she sees him initiating a divorce.

If anything,... it was interesting. But I keep thinking that we make our own futures, so I can always change my path if I don't like it.

B
B
So basically she fed into your worst fears and gave you unwelcome information - yep sounds like a psycic.

I don't go to witchdoctors either.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
N
N
There are 2 types of psychics: those who have a connection to the supernatural, and those who fake it.

What does the Bible say?

Isaiah 8
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

21 And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.

22 And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

Should not a people seek unto their God?

"no light"
"driven to darkness"

very stern words

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
P
P
We had a sore loser in an election here hire a voo-doo priestess to give her opponent cancer, but the checks bounced and she got arrested for it!

I bet it made CNN.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
There are 2 types of psychics: those who have a connection to the supernatural, and those who fake it.

What does the Bible say?

Isaiah 8
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

21 And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.

22 And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

Should not a people seek unto their God?

"no light"
"driven to darkness"

very stern words

Has anyone ever gone to a psychic? Yes. And I knew everything Neak just wrote at the time I did it. I hadn't taught it to her yet because she was too little to learn, but I knew it and did it anyway. What can I say? Desperate people do desperate, dumb, dangerous stuff. Not that that's any excuse...

If you go to one of the fakes, you can end up trying to build your future on a false, phony, imaginary foundation. If you go to one of the psychics genuinely tuned into the supernatural, you're dabbling in "darkness" where there is "no light." Not a good idea, from any angle.

Neak's mom

D
D
Originally Posted by CAZ3
I just talked to a psychic about the state of my marriage. She provided some interesting information. Has anyone ever done this? If so, how did it work out for you? Is it legit?

CAZ3

Everyone has this ability to a degree but there are others out there who are far more advanced. The trick is finding them.

I remember hearing about this Italian grandma from New Jersey...she was definitely a psychic--(I believe she has passed away by now, probably)--the police used to ask for her help in missing persons cases and she was able to come through for them again and again.

There was apparently a grapevine amongst different jurisdictions because she was called, I remember, when there was a serial killer in the Pacific Northwest and she helped in that case a lot.

It was a gift from God and she used it to help countless people and didn't accept money either, IIRC. Well, if she needed help with airfare and stuff like that, sure, but nothing more.

Charlotte

T
T
You are not taking the Bible point-of-view, Dancing Machine. And that's OK if you choose not to. I don't even know if the original question came from a poster with that mindset. If you're coming at this question from a different angle than that, all Bible-based advice is going to seem as off-the-wall and foolish as the basic psychic question would be to the devout "rationalists" around here.

However, if you do have a belief in the Bible, I would be interested to find your scriptural justification for accepting the claims of any psychic, however nice they may seem to be and whether or not they help the police. If you don't, and Original Poster doesn't either, then anybody's opinion here is as good as anybody elses' and she can pick and choose whatever advice fits best with what she wants to do.

C
C
When I had left college, and was waiting to go into the Marine Corps, I attended a bible study for college-age youths sponsored by my parent's church. One time, someone who supposedly was full of the "gifts of the spirit" came to meet with us, and he "prophesied" for each of us.

For me, he assured me that the Lord wanted me to achieve my heart's desire, which had to do with my career path in the military, and he assured me that doors would be opened for me.

I believed him.

When the doors failed to open... my faith was shaken badly. I really haven't been back to church on a regular basis since then, and that was almost 20 years ago.

I do not now believe that man was of God. I see him as the equivalent of a psychic of some kind, probably the fraudulent kind. I'm sure he had his shtick all worked out and did it to impress the girls. Even knowing all that, though, he still had a devastating effect on my faith.

I don't know if this has much to do with this topic, except that I see the whole incident as a type of religious fortune-telling, dressed up as a spiritual experience.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
R
R
Now all of you that are knocking on psychics, have any of you had a dream one night and it has happened even years down the road? There are many ways to be "psychic" there is the ever wonderful visions, there is tarot, runes, crystals, there is also dreams, there is reading tea leaves, there is a basic sense that you get from a person or situation, there is the more complicated communing with the dead, and there are many more. I personally do have some psychic abilities. I also happen to read tarot and runes. And at the moment a fellow psychic and I are trying to combine our "powers" and find a girl that is missing. Her mother is worried sick about her, and I offered to help. I am not seeking money from her. I simply want the girl returned safely to her mother. And you know what, skeptics, I believe we know where she is. And I plan on telling her mother how to get a hold of her.
Now I do admit that there are many FAKES out there. But there are REAL psychics out there. And the majority of us wish to use our gifts to help others. Now I don't know where this gift came from. But I can tell you that I am not Christian and I am not Satanic. In fact, I'm not sure what my religion is. I only know that I am thankful for this gift, and I plan on using for good.

I believe in the belief of one's self.
R
R
Cool. Can I get the winning lotto numbers then? Preferrably the Power Ball numbers.

Thanks in advance!
Jo

whistle

M
M
Like t&l, I too knew what the Bible said regarding psychics when I chose to go to one anyway...I did so during the time that I was wayward, obviously already in active rebellion to God...I went to try and get someone to tell me what I wanted to hear...OM had just dumped me and I was in utter shock and disbelief...I wanted to know WHY? (like it mattered :RollieEyes: - ugh)

When I went to the psychic, she told me that OM was devastated, had not wanted to end things with me, but had been threatened and was afraid to contact me (typical coward OM, eh?) She also told me that Mr. W was EVIL and had been unfaithful to me many times (she did not specify whether it was during our marriage or during our "courtship"...I knew he had been unfaithful before we married - he has NOT been unfaithful during our marriage)...

Fast forward about a year and a half later: I found out that indeed OM had been threatened...Mr. W and my mom collaborated and my mom called OM and threatened him...(My mom told me this information when she and Mr. W felt I was ready [read: no longer foggy]...I am very glad that they waited to tell me - I needed that time to get my head on straight again.)

Bottom line: As is typical with a psychic...You get some truth mixed with outright lies...I can assure you that Mr. W is FAR from evil...I am so grateful that I didn't act on anything that the psychic said to me or I might not have all of the blessings that I have right now...A wonderful recovered marriage and intact family...I am thankful that I returned to God and my faith...Til this day I shudder to think how very close I sat to Satan himself...

I would caution anyone to stay FAR, FAR away from psychics...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

R
R
Originally Posted by CuthbertCalculus
When I had left college, and was waiting to go into the Marine Corps, I attended a bible study for college-age youths sponsored by my parent's church. One time, someone who supposedly was full of the "gifts of the spirit" came to meet with us, and he "prophesied" for each of us.

For me, he assured me that the Lord wanted me to achieve my heart's desire, which had to do with my career path in the military, and he assured me that doors would be opened for me.

I believed him.

When the doors failed to open... my faith was shaken badly. I really haven't been back to church on a regular basis since then, and that was almost 20 years ago.

I do not now believe that man was of God. I see him as the equivalent of a psychic of some kind, probably the fraudulent kind. I'm sure he had his shtick all worked out and did it to impress the girls. Even knowing all that, though, he still had a devastating effect on my faith.

I don't know if this has much to do with this topic, except that I see the whole incident as a type of religious fortune-telling, dressed up as a spiritual experience.

Are you telling me you lost your faith over that. Did you expect those doors just to open up for you with out you having to work for it? And just because a person has Psychic powers doesn't mean they are "of God" as you put it. I am so tired of people that take the advice and expect everything to just fall into their lap. And when things don't go the way they think it is supposed to they blame the psychic. Taking the word of a psychic is like taking advice from a friend, you interpret it the way you want to and do as you see fit. But if it comes from a friend do you get upset if you didn't follow the advice? Do you see my point?

R
R
Originally Posted by Resilient
Cool. Can I get the winning lotto numbers then? Preferrably the Power Ball numbers.

Thanks in advance!
Jo

whistle

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. I wish it did, cause I'd give them to you in a heart beat if I believed you deserved them.

R
R
Originally Posted by Rev08
I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. I wish it did, cause I'd give them to you in a heart beat if I believed you deserved them.

If you're psychic then YOU KNOW I deserve them. :crosseyedcrazy:

M
M
Now all of you that are knocking on psychics, have any of you had a dream one night and it has happened even years down the road? There are many ways to be "psychic" there is the ever wonderful visions, there is tarot, runes, crystals, there is also dreams, there is reading tea leaves, there is a basic sense that you get from a person or situation, there is the more complicated communing with the dead, and there are many more. I personally do have some psychic abilities. I also happen to read tarot and runes. And at the moment a fellow psychic and I are trying to combine our "powers" and find a girl that is missing. Her mother is worried sick about her, and I offered to help. I am not seeking money from her. I simply want the girl returned safely to her mother. And you know what, skeptics, I believe we know where she is. And I plan on telling her mother how to get a hold of her.
Now I do admit that there are many FAKES out there. But there are REAL psychics out there. And the majority of us wish to use our gifts to help others. Now I don't know where this gift came from. But I can tell you that I am not Christian and I am not Satanic. In fact, I'm not sure what my religion is. I only know that I am thankful for this gift, and I plan on using for good.

I would warn you to be VERY careful of the spirits that you are communing with...They are very real, very scary and very much of the dark side - even though I know you don't think so...This "gift" you speak of doesn't come from God...I do suspect you know that though...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

C
C
Are you telling me you lost your faith over that. Did you expect those doors just to open up for you with out you having to work for it?

No, of course I didn't. I expected to have to work for them, and I was prepared to do so. But circumstances happened - specifically the active obstruction of my company commander, and Operation Desert Storm - that made it impossible for me to pursue my goals. I watched those doors slam shut in my face.

This guy did not claim to be a psychic, btw. He claimed to be "spirit-filled" and to have the "gift of prophecy".

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
R
R
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

I would warn you to be VERY careful of the spirits that you are communing with...They are very real, very scary and very much of the dark side - even though I know you don't think so...This "gift" you speak of doesn't come from God...I do suspect you know that though...

Mrs. W

Yes Ma'am I do know that my GIFT doesn't come from god, it comes from my heritage, which happens to be Cherokee Indian. Yes I agree that SOME spirits are evil and dark. But I'm not in a Star Wars movie. I am not crossing over to the "dark side". Some spirits are in fact our loved ones that have passed on. Such as my grandfather is still with me, even though he passed away when I was 16. He and my husband's grandmother helped me to decide against having an abortion when I was pregnant with my son. I had spoke to them through a spirit board. I on several occasions have had very real conversations with my dead grandfather. And yes, he answered me back.

M
M
Rev08...

You don't think Satan has the power to make you believe that those spirits you are speaking with are actually your dead loved ones? He most certainly does have that power. You are being very deceived.

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation