Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132
J
J
Originally Posted by Bugsmom
I'll get around to it later,,,,,,,,,,,with a real long response such as "OK"

hurray

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

backup plan

Ah Foxxy,,,,, you certainly know how to explain that "Wayward Sweet Talk" to me!

grin

Being his backup plan - WOW now that make a woman sit up and take notice! ha!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

I certainly see that the end game is for HIS life to be easier.

I guess for me, it would make more sense to just say "I have plans"

without ANY detail. I don't provide any to him about my life.

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by providing the detail he is acknowledging that I might still care enough to be hurt ???

OR

as he probably views it "am bitter" and would react badly.

Bottom line - - It's all about Drac. puke

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

C
C
Originally Posted by Bugsmom
Bottom line - - It's all about Drac. puke

Yes Bugs, it IS all about him. I'm sure he has his Match.com date lined up and doesn't want you to know about it. You might not be so cooperative in that case.

Please remove this man from the light.

hug

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
He's still a fogged-out wayward, so who knows what he's thinking? Maybe he'll always be that way, or maybe he'll really hit bottom. Who knows?

So you've cut down on the fixes, but does he know why? Recall that men can be pretty thick-headed, to say nothing of Wayward Men. I, for one, am capable of some pretty impressive cluelessness, and I'm not even wayward.

I think that there is probably value in spelling it out for him, just to be sure. Restate the rules for him and lay the groundwork to tell him at some point "I would have been your wife; I am the mother of your child. I am not your friend. I don't care what your plans are" if you decide you want to down the road.

These little tidbits aren't doing you any good.

I certainly see that the end game is for HIS life to be easier.

BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by providing the detail he is acknowledging that I might still care enough to be hurt ???

OR

This speculation doesn't help you. It's what Plan B protects you from. Dark again, and think about telling him why.

I'll post an update pretty soon. Nothing much is going on, though.

Last edited by sdguy038; 10/09/08 02:47 PM.
C
C

Originally Posted by SD

Originally Posted by Bugs Bomb
:I certainly see that the end game is for HIS life to be easier.

OR

Actually I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me of Vizzini.

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha........."[Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
:crosseyedcrazy:

B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B
never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha........."[Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]

rotflmao

Thank God I'm mostly German so this most certainly can not happen to me. ha ha ha ha ha!
:crosseyedcrazy:

Where do you come up with this stuff, Chris? You are killing me!!

Seriously, point taken.

Bugs gives herself a couple :twobyfour: :twobyfour:

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

J
J
Originally Posted by chrisner
Originally Posted by SD

Originally Posted by Bugs Bomb
:I certainly see that the end game is for HIS life to be easier.

OR

Actually I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me of Vizzini.

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha........."[Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]

Inconcievable!!!!

Last edited by Jamesus; 10/09/08 04:49 PM. Reason: I do not think that word means what you think it means..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Inconcievable!!!!

What DOES that word mean? I thought I had this problem until Ladybug came along! rotflmao

My phone rang at 5:15. Drac. I was on the phone. Went to vm.

He wanted me to put Ladybug's dance shoes out front, "text me back".

Too funny - - it's as if he is Plan B'ing me with those kind of comments.

Further, he's assuming I'd be home to do that for him.

I sent TM "dance bag is at your house"

The truth is last week when I took her we had to use her old shoes since she left the bag at his house. I could have called or gone by or texted him last week about it, but figured it wasn't worth the hassle/interaction.

I should go to the store tonight for weekend groceries & pet food. I'm not really in the mood. I think instead it will be a Bugs night. A friend was supposed to come over, but had to help her daughter with her car.

I'm thinking some carry out Italian, nice bubble bath, a couple of good glasses of wine, a movie, and early to bed.

Now,,,,,,,,,,,who can I call for delivery??????????

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

J
J
Maybe you should call Drac.. seeing as he's stopping by and all.. have him pick you up something on the way.. make sure to leave a tip like...

don't pick up any wooden nickles..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
I'm thinking some carry out Italian, nice bubble bath, a couple of good glasses of wine, a movie, and early to bed.
If none of the above is familiar to you, Bugs, the movie needs to be "The Princess Bride."

L
L
Bugs,

Just dropping by to say HI.

I am only good for support...today!

...caught a thread from CL asking for link to '31 reasons to stop an affair', so I checked out.

Inspite of the warning: "book is written to the person who has committed the betrayal...If you are the betrayed spouse....danger of reading on is twofold..."

...yes...curiosity killed this cat... :crosseyedcrazy:

...uhmmm....maybe I do have some ADVICE to give - author is RIGHT: it's best for BS NOT to read on... cry

...there is nothing we don't already know....it's just good for POKING at a wound that's already DEEP enough! :RollieEyes:

...your PLAN for last night sounds much better! ...hope it worked out.

...going off to figure out how to get my day back on...TRACK! cool

Last edited by lunamare; 10/10/08 08:43 AM.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Looks like Bugs had too much Italian food and wine last night.

Where are you Bugs???

Last edited by ChaiLover; 10/10/08 10:27 PM.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
J
J
Sorry if I helped rubbish your day Luna

hug

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
L
L
James...

You helped me realize I need to work on some self-discipline :RollieEyes:

...and actually...it may have been worth some of the PAIN ...because as CL says...there is some comfort in being reminded of WHY affairs don't last! grin

...thanks for the hugcool

hugJames hug

Bugs had too much Italian food and wine last night.

...just checked: the last thought she left us with was about who she might get to....deliver! lashes

wink wink wink wink

whistle whistle whistle whistle

uhuh uhuh uhuh uhuh

think think think think

dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow

naughty naughty naughty naughty

blush blush blush blush

smirk smirk smirk smirk

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
J
J
Cue overly compressed and bass driven music... slap is good, but Pastorius and Wooten are far to classy for this gig..

Horns are good, but only if there's bad 70's haridos and overgrown lawns afoot.

Pizza would be just as nice though..

I'm sure Bugsy's just sleeping it off..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
Bugsmom Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Bom Chickiee Bom Bom music,,,,,,,

Sorry ya'll to disappoint, but my evening held exactly and ONLY exactly what I said,,,,no "special" deliveries or delivery 'boys'. Should I mention that I "did" have a date Wed. night?!!??

I love you guys!

You crack me up!

So, I was tied up all day with work. Then tonight I am on my way to pick up DSS when I get text message from Drac.

Ask DSS about his grades if he doesn't bring it up

I spent about a .5 seconds thinking about it and then after oh,,,,,30 minutes, I replied "ok".

That was tough - NOT!

Turns out DSS is flunking English. You might ask, "WHY is DSS flunking English?"

I'm so glad you asked!

Not because he 'can't' do the work. Nor is the work too difficult for him. He has missing and/or late work. This has been a daily, weekly, struggle for DSS since the first grade. Do I sound surprised?? No???? Why??? Because no one is keeping up with him daily!! DUH!

So when I asked DSS what his dad said - - the reply was "He'd deal with me when I get home Sunday"

What???

Whatever.

I'm dealing with it by yet AGAIN working through different options on how to get organized,,,searching for the 'key' to what works for DSS to get the work he can do and does do turned in. I can only do so much,,,but I'll do what I can.

So, Ladybug has a friend over, which gave me & DSS one on one time,,,which was good. He is (I think), a lonely child. He spends way too much time alone or with is one & only friend. I hate it. It makes me so sad. But what to do? Only the best I can.

Thanks for making my thread entertaining while I took a few hours off! haha!

If only my life could be like one of those movies,,,,,where the hot pool boy just can't control himself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Darn! I have children home! I'd better finish watching Harry Potter (for the 200th time)!

BTW - SD, i turned the tv on tonight and JUST missed the end of the Princess Bride! I laughed out loud~ I'm going to find when it is playing next & record it. I can't believe I've never watched it!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

S
S
Princess Bride is must-see, Bugsy. You won't regret it.

L
L
Bugsy:

Between "delivery boys" and being "tied up at work"

It sounds like your making one of those movies about the pool boy. blush grin

But you still only get to clean your own pool.... :RollieEyes:

DSS is in a tough spot. YOU can and WILL do what needs to be done to make surethat his homework, etc gets done.

Not much you can do one night a week and every other weekend.

And YES, you could do more, and make a REAL difference in DSS life. But anything you would do would be considered an insult by Drac because you shine a light, once again, on what he ISN'T doing and the affects on others that his choices are making.

And DSS may be using these assignments to try and get Drac to "NOTICE HIM" Years ago, DSS may have learned that if he did poorly in a subject, Dad would start paying some attention. Anything to get some attention, right? Could be very bad indicators for the future.

And BTW, the TM from Drac about the grades was his plea for you to "do SOMETHING" Because he is incapable. Your desire to remain a presence in DSS life may end up being one of the most emotional draining aspects of this divorce from Drac.

Drac WILL NEVER find anyone who's going to provide him with assistance for DSS like you are capable of. DSS is too old to form any attachments to other women in Drac's life even if Drac does settle down with someone for thirty years. That window closed for DSS at about age 12-13. You were lucky when you got in. But it may just end up tearing you up.

Drac can one day just be reduced to TM's and VM's regarding pick-ups and drop-off's. "Where are the shoes", etc. Nothing more. But DSS sliding into the morass because of Drac's inattention is just criminal.

(((Bugsy))

LG

Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation