Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39
B
B
Who's winning at Monopoly, you or M? Or are there more interesting games involved?

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
A
A
I am winning!! grin It's actually fun playing against someone who is just as competitive as myself!

And no other games are being played....I guarantee that!! wink

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
P
P
I saw my Hawk buddy on the way home today and had to stop and get some pictures of him.

He's doing so well since his rehab.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/Hawk3.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/R_Tison/Hawk4.jpg

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
A
A
Not being smart Pariah but how do you know it's him?

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
P
P
I could see his leg band.

Next time I see him around, I'll get a shot of it in the picture.

He hangs around where he was released last year.

He could be anywhere in a radius of a few miles, but chooses the field a few miles down the road.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
A
A
That's really cool!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
T
T
Originally Posted by booka
I have this theory that states that hetero-women can prefer the company of gay-men as they find them non-threatening.

I believe that's correct Booka, but incomplete. I have a couple of gay friends (they are an actual couple). I used to work with one of them. We don't live in the same city but we are still in the same line of work so we meet up at conferences and hang out the whole time. We have a riot - they are great guys and yes, completely non-threatening. I hung around them while I was still married and I can hang around with them now.

The thing is, it's nice to have opposite sex conversation and company once in a while but the mating-dance ritual aspects can be very tiresome (if single) and completely inappropriate and unwelcome (if not). Other than their sexuality, they are just regular guys. And honestly, I'm not interested in anyone's sex life unless I'm involved so it doesn't even play a role.

Now if women hang with gay-men, should men hang with lesbians and do lesbians make good wingmen?

Some hetero guys fantasize about lesbians. I simply can't comprehend this but it must be common enough that sitcoms and other comedies occassionally use it as a joke.

T
T
[quote=booka

Now were there gay friends male or female? I have this theory that states that hetero-women can prefer the company of gay-men as they find them non-threatening. To be exclusively in the company of gay-men would indicate avoidance of hetero-men for at least irrational and perhaps unhealthy reasons. Note that these are general observations and opinions and apply to the general population and not specifically to your night out with a few gays.

[/quote]

I was with both - two gay men and one lesbian. I didn't know the lesbian until the evening of the show - she's a pal of the two gay guys.....

As for non-threatening, NO WAY! This particular gay guy couple has MUCH better taste than I do - and I'm always on edge that I am dressed ok, hair done just right, nails clean and polished....etc......cause they DO notice... rotflmao

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
G
G
Really looking forward to this weekend.

This evening I am meeting for dinner with one of my close friends. He's the husband of my closest female friend. He's heling me plan for my wedding next month. We haven't sat down alone to talk ina couple of months.

Spending tonight and the rest of the weekend with my fiance. First alone weekend we've had in about six weeks and we need it. There's a Taste of thing ina town next to us where you taste food and drink. Normally not my kind of thing but my fiance is a chef so she loves it. we will attend that.

so much to plan. Getting close.

I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be (my) style.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
T
T
Well, my house is now on the market so I'm spending the bulk of the weekend keeping it clean. Sunday I'm off to a BBQ with BF for the afternoon so I will get a break. I can't wait until the house is sold, I've moved and settled and I don't have to spend all my free time working on it!

T
T
This weekend will be spent at my local Community Awareness Fair - setting up our display booth tonight and sitting at the Fair tomorrow. I participate on two city Commissions - so my presence is required. After set up tonight, my BF and I will be attending the high school football game, the son of one of my dear friends is the Varsity quarterback, and this is a huge rival game!

On Sunday, I will spend the day with BF and his kids, and their husband/boyfriend. We're going to Indiana to an outlet mall for some shopping (gotta keep the economy going, I say!) and then we go to Michigan for the BEST hamburgers in the whole wide world!

So, it will be busy, but not too busy.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
Laura

B
B
Tabby, may I suggest that not every man you meet is a consideration for "the one" and that they can instead be both hetero and friends. I have many hetero female friends.

To be completely clear, I do not advocate against having gay friends. I would advocate that you have plenty of straight friends of both sexex.

W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
B
B
Originally Posted by TrulyHappytoBe
As for non-threatening, NO WAY! This particular gay guy couple has MUCH better taste than I do - and I'm always on edge that I am dressed ok, hair done just right, nails clean and polished....etc......cause they DO notice... rotflmao

Ah, a threat that I hadn't considered smile

B
B
On Sunday, I will spend the day with BF and his kids, and their husband/boyfriend. We're going to Indiana to an outlet mall for some shopping (gotta keep the economy going, I say!) and then we go to Michigan for the BEST hamburgers in the whole wide world!

What and where is the burger place in Michigan? I go up that way several times a year and would be interested in knowing where to find it.

Dutch

T
T

Ah, a threat that I hadn't considered smile

While this may be true, it's awefully helpful when you are a fashion-moron like myself. I pay attention when they critique my clothing and if they say I look hot, I'm SMOKIN' hot!!!

And Booka I do have hetero friends of both sexes but there's something special about my gay friends.

B
B
I had discussed with Susan Wednesday when she took me out to lunch for my B-day (Tuesday) that we meet up for drinks tonight. I've added up that we've had 3-lunches, 1-drinks meet-up, and one real date. I'm not sure how to classify that relationship other to say that we're friends. We started with hugs and progressed to s single good-bye kiss. I don't know where we are heading. If Susan can't make it, I'll try with Mary whom I have yet to meet, and otherwise go to The Dog for friends, family, and fellowship.

Saturday I have some long grass to cut, want to wash all of rugs and clean both bathrooms a bit, so the usual Mr. Domestic stuff during the day, and then what I'm hoping to be the highlight of my weekend will be to attend a party in Chesterfield at a work-mate's house and Kris, who I have not met yet, will meet there. She is actually going to come inside the party to find me, for which I will award seldom awarded bonus points. She seems to match my personality, outlook, and energy level. She is 38. I'm bringing a nice Cab and we'll talk and take it from there. I rarely get excited about meet and greets anymore but may be a little excited about this one. We shall see. Depending on when that ends, I'd like to get a bit of dancing in at The Dog.

Sunday is completely open for prospects, including all of the aforementioned women.

It was 38 when I rolled out this morning and saw quite a bit of frost in the low-lying areas. Gas was $2.86 last night.

Dutch

B
B
I am also a fashion-moron or can say that I defy whatever fashion there is for men.

And if you do turnout for some evening smoking hot, please email me a picture, a man needs his fantasies!

Dutch

T
T

What and where is the burger place in Michigan? I go up that way several times a year and would be interested in knowing where to find it.

Dutch

It's called RedAMaks in New Buffalo, MI - open from early May - late October.....it's a little hole in the wall, nothing on the menu but heart clogging fried things......AWESOME.....the burgers, well, I can say this - the waxed paper that they come wrapped in is soaked with grease, and the burger just slides down your throat!!!

I don't know how to post a link - here's the site:

www.redamaks.com

B
B
I somehow have heard of it before, perhaps they have a sign along the highway or something. My parent live a bit north of there but do get down to New Buffalo upon occasion and I'll inquire if they've heard of the place.

There is a real old-fashioned diner in Zeeland, where my parents live, that's just fabulous called Frank's.

T
T
And if you do turnout for some evening smoking hot, please email me a picture, a man needs his fantasies!

The thing is, all a hetero man needs to see "hot" is a bit of cleavage or a short hemline. When my gay guy says I'm hot - well trust me it's a lot better than that!

Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation