Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
OP Offline
T

You got it SB,

Call me selfish, but I want it all.

wink

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
Started actively dating again, 6/4/07, fell apart again, Feb 15th, 08.
Divorce papers served to me 5/24/08.
LSA Signed 9/23/08.
Started dating again: 8/24/08 - things really different so far.

..you can not talk your way out of something you behaved yourself into....
B
B
Take it slow with both the wife and your DD. Show steady progress with each. Now is not the time to rush to a goal. Your relative restraint in not applying any pressure at this point will produces dividends for you. Now's the time to be the man you want to be and to demonstrate by example.

Good luck!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
T
OP Offline
T

wow, talk about a lot happening. Yesterday W and I had court, but since we had already had an agreement drawn up, we didn't have to go before the judge. We sat outside and chatted with each other, joked and even laughed a bit. When our attorney's were done, we went to get a drink and something to eat. We laughed and drank a few beers and had a general good time.

We ended up getting a sitter for our son and spent the evening together at my house, laughing, having dinner, and ect.

She spent over an hour 'testing' me, telling me that we were no good together, that I was wrong for her, ect. I just sat and listened. Later in the evening she asked if I had anything I wanted to say. I shared some of my frustrations and past hurts with her. We both reserved the right to bring the topic up again, if needed.

At the end of the evening, we hugged and kissed very passionately. I held her while she cried.

Taking it slow, taking our time.

All in all another really great bonding experience between us.

I'll keep you all posted.

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
LSA Signed 9/23/08.

T
OP Offline
T

So much has happened in the past few weeks, that I don't need to chronicle it all here. Some ups some downs, a lot of listening and validation on my part. I've realized that I was not very good at being vulnerable to my wife, so I, with her encouragement opened up and let it out. What a great bonding experience for us both.

Today I signed the legal separation paperwork, so that is going to happen, whether the divorce actually happens, remains to be seen. At this point it looks doubtful that we will actually divorce.

We have been working together remodeling the apartment at her house, and making it nice for the next tenant. That's been fun, but I've had a lot of work to do on realizing my own limits and boundaries. Great stuff.

I'm falling in love with her again, and she with me, I feel it, I can see it in her eyes.

I'm taking it slow, and not pressuring her, but I'm starting to think it's only a matter of time before we're together again.

So much to tell as far as details go, but suffice it to say, I've had a lot to learn about being a great communicator and husband. She has too, and we've both been doing the work.

Keep you all posted,

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
LSA Signed 9/23/08.

T
OP Offline
T
Well, things between W and I have steadily improved week by week. I'm getting a real good sense of what it takes to consistantly work toward intimacy with each other. Being open and honest and what that looks like to each of us.

I think at Christmas time I'm going to ask her to marry me again, and start serious discussions about moving back in.

Right now we've hit some bumps in the road, but are doing really well communicating...

Too many details to spell it all out...

All in all, it's good, really good.

Thank you to everyone that supported me though this...

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
LSA Signed 9/23/08.

G
G
Way to go TM I have been wating for you to post. looked like it could go ether way. I am very happy for you, after all you both have been through.

R
RMW Offline
R
YEAH TTM,

I'm so glad when I get to read stories like yours where things are turning around for the better. And from a man's point of view so that maybe it will help me in my relationship in learning how to express myself better to a man!

Thanks just for coming and sharing your story with us all!!

RMW

T
OP Offline
T

I just wanted to pop in and give another update to my situation.

My D was final November 25th. EW and I decided to see it through.

Truth is we are closer than we have ever been. A few ups and downs, and all in all, really good stuff.

She's going to be moving into my house after the new year and for now we've decided to not re-marry, but live together as individuals.

Life is good, and again thanks to everyone on this board for the love and support I found here.

Merry Christmas to all.

- TTM

ME FWH
W BS
Married 16 yrs
Separated 11/16/06
DD 16, DS 10
LSA Signed 9/23/08.

L
L
Thank you, TTM, for your update and remembrance to those here.

Don't forget to thank yourself, God and your partner, 'k? We don't do it alone, IMO.

smile

Happy Holidays,

LA

J
J
I was looking through old threads.
After reading Buyers Renters and Freeloaders this thread is an excellent example of how a buyer downgraded to Renter status, with step by step details of how it happened.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 12/12/12 10:46 PM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation