Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 249 of 339 1 2 247 248 249 250 251 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Cinders, according the my lawyer and case worker at DSHS, there isn't much I can do to WH until 6 months, then he is in contempt of court and possibly facing jail time.

So I just have to somehow hang on for about 2 1/2 more months. The I can go on the attack and make him accountable.

Right now I need to trust G-d. Which interestingly was the topic at my AA meeting tonight or rather step three. Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of G-d as I know him.

The last one who spoke said the most profound thing. I'm sure I'll butcher it, but the gist of it was, as an addict/alcholic being in control of my will or life is almost as dangerous as having the fox watch the hens. Maybe normal people don't get it, but it certainly hit home.

My mind is out to destroy me, by taking control, my will etc back from G-d is the worst and most dangerous thing I can do. I'm not trustworthy, because I don't believe in me the way G-d does. That's just today.

I'm sure no surprise to anyone else, but I obviously when I get into these self-pity modes I am not trusting G-d and taking back control. Big no no.

This too shall pass, my pitty potty, I'll find my strength, my faith, my trust and I'll get back to the business of learning and loving myself.

But its day two that my food has been clean, I'm going through withdrawals and I am giving myself a pat on the back because even though I keep falling back, I get up and ask G-d for help.

So you can bet, when the time hits, I will have that WH's sorry a$$ back in court getting the money that is agreed upon so I can take care of his children.

And OP, can just kiss my grits and enjoy her trips to the food bank. rotflmao

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Queenie

I think what you need to do is go out and have some fun. Start dating again. Go out and find a man who will love you. Why would you even want your WH back at this stage? Why is your self-esteem so low as to think that he deserves you after everything he put you through?

You deserve better. Please stop making him the focus in your life - he doesn't deserve it. I'm only saying this for your own good. There are lots of good men out there. You really have done all you can.

All the best

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
Q
OP Offline
Q
You know myfamily, I think the same thing often these days.

Truth is I am still M and so dating probably isn't a good idea.

I'm learning that I deserve more, but one has to remember that this is how I have been treated for almost my entire life so I don't necessarily know any different.

You know that part in the bible where the Jews are set free but they only want to go back to Egypt because slavery is all they know.

I love my H. I just have to see if I can give G-d more time because there is a good man inside of that WH that would hang on for me and I have to just trust G-d it isn't time yet.

I have come so far in not having him be my focus, I think that the last strings are hanging on and my heart is just not wanting to cut them yet, so more grieving, more learning and understanding that this is my process and I am working through it the best I can.

As a servant of G-d with trust in my future. Remember he has plans for me, plans to prosper. I just have to keep walking in faith.

I do like the suggestion of dating though. Gotta be honest. hurray

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
I was talking to the ministers where I go to church yesterday - I had a meeting there and stepped into the office to say Hi since I was the first one there for a weight watchers group. Anyway, I told one of them that one of the reasons I don't really date, though divorced, is because I have to be the mom and 70% of the dad. There isn't time for dating.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Well then, I am mom and 100% dad because he NEVER takes them, well truthfully they DON'T want to go there.

So I guess dating is out for me. Oh darn, so close. faint

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi Queenie,

I am glad to see that you are doing better the last few days.

(((((((((((QUEENIE))))))))))

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Luna,

I am doing much better. I seem to be on that infamous wave that's going back out to sea and more calmer. I don't feel the need to fix things today, but just put one toe in front of the other.

My food has been good today, day three and I am very grateful to G-d. But I am getting hungry, might grab a few potato chips for snack or rice crackers....

I'm feeling better about my decision about lacrosse. I think my ego was really tied up in this, but it's just maybe time to stop, take care of me and my children and leave the rest to G-d.

I'll check your thread to see how you are doing.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Just stoppin in to spread some love Queenie.. very proud of your progress..

Oy do we walk the same paths... over and over again sometimes..

I think I'm starting to look forward to the D though.. so I -can- convince myself it's ok to date again.. there's a few prospects out there, but then you start wondering if you're capable of making good decisions again..

*sigh*

It's always something hon.. but in God's time and in His way.. we'll get to where we need to be, at just the right moment.

Keep the faith!

j

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hey James,

Smartie and I were talking about you last night on the phone. She should be posting soon, we have had too much fun in her world.

Oy do we walk the same paths... over and over again sometimes..
I actually seem to think many of us are walking the same up and down path very nearly to each other.

I look forward to what G-d has in store for us.

I wish he would hurry though.... faint

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Hey James,

Smartie and I were talking about you last night on the phone.

Hmm... should I be afeared?

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hmm... should I be afeared?
NAW, we were talking about what an amazing catch you would be when this is all said an done.

How's the quitting of smoke coming along?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
Hi Queenie,

I don't feel the need to fix things today, but just put one toe in front of the other.

Yep...that's about where I am, too!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Luna,

Yep...that's about where I am, too!
Then we walk together..... toe by toe....

hug Luna hug

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
smoking turns your nose into a dual exhaust system

puke

Q
OP Offline
Q
smoking turns your nose into a dual exhaust system
Well that should help give him loving supportive incentive to quit.

kiss

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
This goddess is not hanging out near dual exhaust. SHIVER ME TIMBERS!!! puke Besides, as a non-smoker, I know for a certainty that smokers stink. Literally. So do their cars, homes, clothes, pets....you name it.

I'm allergic to the stuff. Found out when I was 11 and they skin tested me to find out what my allergies were. Tobacco is one of them.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Without offending any smokers I agree with you.

I could NEVER date anyone who smokes. My mom died of lung cancer and it wasn't pretty. Whenever anyone who smokes comes into our office you can smell it a mile a way.

I'm just grateful AA meetings are smoke free nowadays.

Actually my H hated smokers too, but I understand crack ho smokes and he even stops home and buys them. HOW GROSS.....

:crosseyedcrazy:

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
NAW, we were talking about what an amazing catch you would be when this is all said an done.

faint

As for the quitting thing.. I've never been good at quitting anything, but I read this book a while back, and once I finished it, I was done.. no withdrawl.. no cravings.. nothin.

I didn't quit.. I didn't 'give it up'... I just escaped the trap.

Easy peasy..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
M
M
Smoking won't send you to he//...

It just makes you smell like you've already been there.

Queenie,

You brought up how the people were saved from slavery and wanted to return to it because it was all they knew...

(see Numbers 11)

But really what they wanted was the things they no longer had. It wasn't slavery they missed but the things they had given up to be free...

They missed the garlic and leeks and spices...

They remembered all the good things of the past and none of the things they once hated because they no longer had the bad things but had lost what they thought was good...

They felt this way because they were focused on what they no longer had rather than the miracles going on all around them on a daily basis. They grumbled about having to eat the same thing every day and missed the miracle of God's provision for them day by day and hour by hour.

God was in their midst and they saw only what they didn't have...

Like Jacob said when he spent the night outside of Luz and renamed the place "The House of God"...

God was in this place and I did not know...

Remember what He has already done and what He is doing...

Focus on what you have and not on what you have no longer...

Think of all you have found rather than what you have lost...

Mark

J
J
Not to threadjack here.. but I love reading your posts Mark. You have such a wonderful perspective on things, and whether you realize it or not, have been a wonderful instrument of God here, keeping many of us focused on the right things, and nudging us back onto God's path when we put a foot or two wrong.

You're certainly someone I give thanks for, and will likely continue to for a long while.

Thanks for being here.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Page 249 of 339 1 2 247 248 249 250 251 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation