Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
DIG Offline
D
Thank you Marsh.I appreciate the heads up. Mel just you know I didn't read the post. I read what Marsh had put up as the original post so I knew what it was about. I didn't read all the back and forth. I simply asked a question. Nothing more nothing less. I just trying to determine if you guys just like the debating and that is why you all keep going back and forth or if you were trying to accomplish something. Stop reading into everything so much. For the most part I pretty much say just what I mean. If you think it is deeper than what I claim it is all you. Nothing I can do about that. Happy Halloween you guys. I am off. Hope everyone has fun 2day. I know I plan to.

Me (32)
H (33)
3 DD's 9,8,2
1 DS 4
Married 4/19/99

According to Mrs. W I am now Delightful in GA. LOL \:\)
AGoodGuy #2151327 10/31/08 02:28 PM
A
A
Wow, more McCain secrets revealed...

McCain's Role in Creating the Anti-Iraq Anthrax Hysteria
The federal government now admits that it has no evidence that Iraq took part in the anthrax attacks shortly after 9-11. For this reason, it is worth remembering that only days after the attacks, John McCain, was already singling out Iraq as a likely suspect and using this to justify war. Apparently, he was relying on inside information (who provided it?) when he made this claim.

In making these statements, of course, McCain played a key role in creating the climate of fear that led many Americans to support the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

AGoodGuy #2151334 10/31/08 02:35 PM
R
R
Journalists from three major newspapers that endorsed John McCain -- the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News -- have been booted from Barack Obama's campaign plane for the final leg of the presidential race.

The Washington Times reported Friday that it was notified of the Obama campaign's decision Thursday evening -- even though the paper has covered Obama from the start.

Executive Editor John Solomon told FOXNews.com that the Obama campaign said it didn't have enough seats on the plane, but "I don't think the explanation makes sense to us."

"We've been traveling since 2007 with him. ... We're a relevant newspaper -- every day we break news," Solomon said. "And to suddenly be kicked off the plane for people who haven't covered it as aggressively or thoroughly as we are ... it sort of feels unfair."

He said the newspaper protested but was turned down again by the campaign.

"I can only hope that the candidate who describes himself as wanting to unite the nation doesn't have some sort of litmus test for who he decides gets to cover the campaign," Solomon said, noting that the Obama campaign's decision came just two days after the paper endorsed McCain.

The amazing thing is that the DMN was so pro-Obama during the course of the campaign.

I wonder if this normal BAU for campaigns. I cannot believe for a second that Clinton or Bush have given a litmus test for reporters. That Ellen reporter has had a front seat in the White House briefing room since FDR.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
DIG #2151339 10/31/08 02:40 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by DIG
For the most part I pretty much say just what I mean. If you think it is deeper than what I claim it is all you.

DIG, thanks for answering my question finally. I'm sorry it upset you so much, but I think when you ask others to justify themselves you should be willing explain WHY. I didn't want to guess at your reasoning; that is why I asked. Appreciate it.

Have a great Halloween!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
At least we know that even if McCain pulls this election out of his [censored], he won't be able to implement any of his ridiculous ideas.

The Democrats might even have the numbers in Congress to override his veto power at will.

Supreme court justices? Good luck getting a conservative approved by Congress.

McCain has already lost. He'll be the most lame of all lame duck presidents.

Divorced
Krazy71 #2151357 10/31/08 03:04 PM
R
R
Can you name even one thing Obama has accomplished for someone other than himself? Getting elected to something doesn’t count.

His resume would not past muster for most corporations. Obama is not a stupid man by any measure. Infact ihe has been brilliant on this campaign. There is a concern of how much and to whom he owes so much.

He seems to be moving to the center lately but will he stay there once the campaign is over and Reid and Pelosi start giving him his marching orders.

any way will be making popcorn Tues night to watch the results.

Last edited by rwinger; 10/31/08 03:05 PM.

2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
rwinger #2151361 10/31/08 03:07 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by rwinger
I wonder if this normal BAU for campaigns.

Sure is.

Sole Black Reporter Booted from McCain Event

Tallahassee Democrat senior writer Stephen Price was singled out and asked to leave the area reserved for media at a rally for John McCain in Panama City, Florida, on Friday. He had showed his media credentials and employee i.d. in order to enter the area when a member of McCain's security detail asked him to leave.

"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

When another reporter asked why Price was being removed, she too was led out of the area. Other state reporters remained.

Price was the only black reporter among those surrounding McCain's bus ... was he being "profiled"?

Tallahassee Democrat Executive Editor Bob Gabordi said the incident was unwarranted.

"We're deeply concerned and disturbed that our reporter — of all of those in that area — was asked to move," Gabordi said. "My understanding is that Stephen was the only reporter approached and asked to leave the area, and the only reporter in that area who is black. Another reporter who stood up for Stephen was then asked to leave."

AGoodGuy #2151367 10/31/08 03:15 PM
R
R
Yeah I figured it was ....

Although Clinton and Bush had so many enemy reporters - the plane would be empty.

2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
AGoodGuy #2151368 10/31/08 03:17 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

When another reporter asked why Price was being removed, she too was led out of the area. Other state reporters remained.

AGG, what is your source for this?

And apparently he was not the "sole reporter" removed. Your article claims:

There is no evidence that being black had anything to do with it and he was not the "sole reporter" removed. In the absence of any facts, for all we know, he did not have the proper security clearance. This article is devoid of FACTS so we are just left to wonder.

Do you have the source?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

rwinger #2151372 10/31/08 03:22 PM
A
A
Yeah I figured it was ....

Although Clinton and Bush had so many enemy reporters - the plane would be empty.

True grin.

AGG

rwinger #2151373 10/31/08 03:23 PM
K
K
Can you name even one thing Obama has accomplished for someone other than himself? Getting elected to something doesn’t count.

His resume would not past muster for most corporations. Obama is not a stupid man by any measure. Infact ihe has been brilliant on this campaign. There is a concern of how much and to whom he owes so much.

He seems to be moving to the center lately but will he stay there once the campaign is over and Reid and Pelosi start giving him his marching orders.

any way will be making popcorn Tues night to watch the results.

I see it as a known vs. an unknown.

With McCain, you know what you're getting. I won't say 4 more years of Bush, because he isn't Bush, but 4 more years of Bush-like policies. That wouldn't automatically be a bad thing if the Bush administration hadn't been one of the worst ever.

With Obama, it's more of a roll of the dice. I think in a worst-case scenario, he'll be as inept as Bush, only different. He's highly intelligent, so that's doubtful. Maybe he'll be a great President. Nobody knows.

You are correct that Obama's resume is short, but I think that graduating at the top of your class at Harvard Law would get you a pretty decent gig.

I think the Democrats will play it smart. They are well aware that they will have no excuse for poor performace if Obama wins. This is "their shot", and if they screw the pooch it may be a long time before they get another chance. The Republicans are learning this hard lesson now.

Divorced
MelodyLane #2151381 10/31/08 03:31 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
AGG, what is your source for this?

link

This article is devoid of FACTS so we are just left to wonder.

Mel, that is precisely why I posted the quote. Marsh started this thread by cutting and pasting a blog that has absolutely no factual background. I asked her what was the point of pasting in stuff with no citings of facts, but she said she wants to keep doing that.

So I pasted a few of these quotes to highlight how silly it is to google stuff and cut and paste it without giving it a giggle test.

I prefer to have a factual discussion, not the cutting and pasting of political nonsensical drivel smile . But to each their own I guess.

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151392 10/31/08 03:37 PM
M
M
AGG, but she presented hers as a BLOG entry and even gave the link, not an assertion of FACT. You did not. She has made it very clear what it is all along. You used that BLOG in a response to rightwinger as if it were FACT and didn't even mention it was a blog.

Exposure 101

AGoodGuy #2151397 10/31/08 03:44 PM
M
M
Mel, that is precisely why I posted the quote. Marsh started this thread by cutting and pasting a blog that has absolutely no factual background.

AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you? It is understood that a BLOG is nothing more than someone's personal opinion. It may or may not have any FACTS in it.

Therefore, it is not held to the same standard as a hard news piece. Did you know this?

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151401 10/31/08 03:47 PM
K
K
What difference does it make?

The original post was pathetic, anyway.

Divorced
Krazy71 #2151405 10/31/08 03:51 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
What difference does it make?

The original post was pathetic, anyway.

Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence. So, don't worry your pretty little head about it, Krazy. grin

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151407 10/31/08 03:52 PM
A
A
AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you?

Yeah, I do, thanks. Tell me again, which "hard news piece" did Marsh's post come from???

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151410 10/31/08 03:54 PM
R
R
Any comments ?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/obama-lays-plans-kill-expectations-election-victory/

Barack Obama's senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week's election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

The sudden financial crisis and the prospect of a deep and painful recession have increased the urgency inside the Obama team to bring people down to earth, after a campaign in which his soaring rhetoric and promises of "hope" and "change" are now confronted with the reality of a stricken economy.

Original source is The Times of London - I have been reading their articles and blogs when time is available - very interesting perspective from across the pond.

Last edited by rwinger; 10/31/08 04:00 PM.

2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
MelodyLane #2151413 10/31/08 03:56 PM
A
A
AGG, but she presented hers as a BLOG entry and even gave the link, not an assertion of FACT. You did not. She has made it very clear what it is all along. You used that BLOG in a response to rightwinger as if it were FACT and didn't even mention it was a blog.

This thread started (and continued) with Marsh's posting of BLOG entries, with no basis in fact.

So I (largely tongue in cheek) did the same thing when replying to rwinger.

If you see the absurdity of using blogs as valid facts, then you have understood my intent, which is good smile .

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151414 10/31/08 03:56 PM
M
M
AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you?

Yeah, I do, thanks. Tell me again, which "hard news piece" did Marsh's post come from???

AGG

What do you mean?

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 194 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation