Marriage Builders
Posted By: Marshmallow Interesting - 10/28/08 08:41 PM
...blog post from Hillbuzz.

'Ok, I want to clear my conscious a little. Hopefully you could make a blog post to help some fellow clinton supporters out.

I work for a campaign and can’t wait for this week to be over.

I was doing it for a job. I was not a fan of any candidate but over time grew to love HRC.

The internal campaign idea is to twist, distort, humiliate and finally dispirit you.

We pay people and organize people to go to all the online sites and “play the part of a clinton or mccain supporter who just switched our support for obama”

We do this to stifle your motivation and to destroy your confidence.

We did this the whole primary and it worked.

Sprinkle in mass vote confusion and it becomes bewildering. Most people lose patience and just give up on their support of a candidate and decide to just block out tv, news, websites, etc.

This surprisingly has had a huge suppressing movement and vote turnout issues.

Next, we infiltrate all the blogs and all the youtube videos and overwhelm the voting, the comments, etc. All to continue this appearance of overwhelming world support.

People makes posts to the effect that the world has “gone mad”

Thats the intention. To make you feel stressed and crazy and feel like the world is ending.

We have also had quite a hand in skewing many many polls, some we couldn’t control as much as we would have liked. But many we have spoiled over. Just enough to make real clear politics look scarey to a mccain supporter. Its worked, alough the goal was to appear 13-15 points ahead.

see, the results have been working. People tend to support a winner, go with the flow, become “sheeple”

The polls are roughly 3-5 points in favor of Barack. Thats due to our inflation of the polls and pulling in the sheeple.

Our donors, are the same people who finance the MSM. Their interests are tied, Barack then tends to come across as teflon. Nothing sticks. And trust, there were meetings with Fox news. The goal was to blunt them as much as possible. Watch Bill Oreilly he has become much more diplomatic and “fair and balanced” and soft. Its because he wants to retain the #1 spot on cable news and to do that he has to have access to the Obama campaign and we worked hard at stringing him a long and keeping him soft for an interview swap. It worked and now he is anticipating more access. So he is playing it still soft.

This is why nothing sticks.

The operation is massive, the goal is to paint a picture that is that of a winner, regardless of the results.

There is no true inauguration draft or true grant park construction going on. There will be a party, but we are boasting beyond the truth to make it seem like the election is wrapped up.

Our goal is to continue to make you lose your moral. We worked hard at persuasion and paying off and timing and playing the right political numbers to get key republican endorsements to make it seem even more like it was over and the world was coming to an end for you all.

There is a huge staff of people working around the clock, watching every site, blogs, etc. We flood these sites. We have had a goal to overwhelm.

The truth is here. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

I am saying this because I know HRC was better for the country, and now realize this. I was too late by the time I connected to her. To me Barack was just a cool young dude that seemed like a star. I didn’t know him or his policies, but now I understand more than I care to and I realize his interests are more for him, and the DNC and all working like puppets with dean. I always thought a president wanted the better good for the country. The end result I see is everyone dependent on the government, this means more and more people voting for the DNC. This means the future is forever altered. I don’t see this as america, so I am now supporting John Mccain.

Sarah Palin is a huge threat, and our campaign has feared her like you can’t imagine. If it seems unfair how she has been treated, well its because she has had a team working round the clock to make her look like a fool.

this is a big conspiracy and I am so shocked that its not realized.

We released a little blurb the other day that the Obama campaign was already working on reelection and now putting our efforts towards 2012. This was to make it seem like it was above us to continue caring about 2008. Trust me, its a lie. David is very smart, but its a sticky ugly not very truthful kind of intelligence.

Its not over yet, but I think the machine is working. And its a hill to climb.

I will be quitting my post on nov 5th and my vote will be for John Mccain. Fortunately, my position has been a marketing position and I don’t feel I had any part of anything I would feel guilty for. But I look forward to getting out of this as the negativity and environment upsets me.

I wish you all well, and goodluck.

PS my name is not really sarah. but I am a female and I understand your plight."
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/28/08 09:09 PM
Hillbuzz site is full of very interesting pieces.

Including one about what's happening in PA right now.

Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Interesting - 10/28/08 09:22 PM
Actually, this particular blog entry is all over the internet. It's amazing how quickly viral some of these things become.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/28/08 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Marshmallow

Wow, thanks... What would we do without this expose of the secret conspiracy??

Really, passing along this drivel is what is making everyone so cynical, rightly so.

AGG
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/28/08 10:52 PM
What some people call a conspiracy, others call a strategy.

Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/28/08 10:56 PM

Right, McCain's strategy. It'll fail, like all the other non-issue tactics he has tried. But he is running of time, so I expect nothing less.

AGG
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Early Election Results 2008 - 10/29/08 12:02 AM
Check out this satirical piece I found...

It's equally hilarious.

Early Election Results 2008

Mr. W
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Interesting - 10/29/08 12:22 AM
...blog post from Hillbuzz.

'Ok, I want to clear my conscious a little. Hopefully you could make a blog post to help some fellow clinton supporters out.

I work for a campaign and can’t wait for this week to be over.

I was doing it for a job. I was not a fan of any candidate but over time grew to love HRC.

The internal campaign idea is to twist, distort, humiliate and finally dispirit you.

We pay people and organize people to go to all the online sites and “play the part of a clinton or mccain supporter who just switched our support for obama”

We do this to stifle your motivation and to destroy your confidence.

We did this the whole primary and it worked.

Sprinkle in mass vote confusion and it becomes bewildering. Most people lose patience and just give up on their support of a candidate and decide to just block out tv, news, websites, etc.

This surprisingly has had a huge suppressing movement and vote turnout issues.

Next, we infiltrate all the blogs and all the youtube videos and overwhelm the voting, the comments, etc. All to continue this appearance of overwhelming world support.

People makes posts to the effect that the world has “gone mad”

Thats the intention. To make you feel stressed and crazy and feel like the world is ending.

We have also had quite a hand in skewing many many polls, some we couldn’t control as much as we would have liked. But many we have spoiled over. Just enough to make real clear politics look scarey to a mccain supporter. Its worked, alough the goal was to appear 13-15 points ahead.

see, the results have been working. People tend to support a winner, go with the flow, become “sheeple”

The polls are roughly 3-5 points in favor of Barack. Thats due to our inflation of the polls and pulling in the sheeple.

Our donors, are the same people who finance the MSM. Their interests are tied, Barack then tends to come across as teflon. Nothing sticks. And trust, there were meetings with Fox news. The goal was to blunt them as much as possible. Watch Bill Oreilly he has become much more diplomatic and “fair and balanced” and soft. Its because he wants to retain the #1 spot on cable news and to do that he has to have access to the Obama campaign and we worked hard at stringing him a long and keeping him soft for an interview swap. It worked and now he is anticipating more access. So he is playing it still soft.

This is why nothing sticks.

The operation is massive, the goal is to paint a picture that is that of a winner, regardless of the results.

There is no true inauguration draft or true grant park construction going on. There will be a party, but we are boasting beyond the truth to make it seem like the election is wrapped up.

Our goal is to continue to make you lose your moral. We worked hard at persuasion and paying off and timing and playing the right political numbers to get key republican endorsements to make it seem even more like it was over and the world was coming to an end for you all.

There is a huge staff of people working around the clock, watching every site, blogs, etc. We flood these sites. We have had a goal to overwhelm.

The truth is here. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

I am saying this because I know HRC was better for the country, and now realize this. I was too late by the time I connected to her. To me Barack was just a cool young dude that seemed like a star. I didn’t know him or his policies, but now I understand more than I care to and I realize his interests are more for him, and the DNC and all working like puppets with dean. I always thought a president wanted the better good for the country. The end result I see is everyone dependent on the government, this means more and more people voting for the DNC. This means the future is forever altered. I don’t see this as america, so I am now supporting John Mccain.

Sarah Palin is a huge threat, and our campaign has feared her like you can’t imagine. If it seems unfair how she has been treated, well its because she has had a team working round the clock to make her look like a fool.

We released a little blurb the other day that the Obama campaign was already working on reelection and now putting our efforts towards 2012. This was to make it seem like it was above us to continue caring about 2008. Trust me, its a lie. David is very smart, but its a sticky ugly not very truthful kind of intelligence.

Its not over yet, but I think the machine is working. And its a hill to climb.

I will be quitting my post on nov 5th and my vote will be for John Mccain. Fortunately, my position has been a marketing position and I don’t feel I had any part of anything I would feel guilty for. But I look forward to getting out of this as the negativity and environment upsets me.

I wish you all well, and goodluck.

PS my name is not really sarah. but I am a female and I understand your plight."

WOW...I knew Ashley Todd was a disturbed young lady, but I had know idea she was this bad off. I sincerely hope she gets the help she so desperately needs.

Seriously, have the tin foil conspiracy theory hats really gotten this tight? They must be cutting off circulation at this point which would explain people falling for an anonymous blog post as fact. Hasn't the McCain camp realized that it is strategies exactly like this one that has turned the American people against them?

Want2Stay

Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Early Election Results 2008 - 10/29/08 12:25 AM
rotflmao rotflmao
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/29/08 02:11 PM
Talk about delusions of grandeur.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/29/08 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Hasn't the McCain camp realized that it is strategies exactly like this one that has turned the American people against them?

Apparently not laugh .

AGG
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/30/08 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy

Right, McCain's strategy. It'll fail, like all the other non-issue tactics he has tried. But he is running of time, so I expect nothing less.

AGG

I didn't say it was McCain's stategy.

Clearly, if the post has any merit, it would describe Obama's strategy.

Which may prove to be a very smart one, if it pays off for him on election day.

Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/30/08 08:27 PM
I didn't say it was McCain's stategy.

Clearly, if the post has any merit, it would describe Obama's strategy.

I see. Care to tell me which of these "truths" sound like an Obama strategy?

We have also had quite a hand in skewing many many polls... ... Just enough to make real clear politics look scarey to a mccain supporter.

Our donors, are the same people who finance the MSM. Their interests are tied, Barack then tends to come across as teflon. Nothing sticks.

And trust, there were meetings with Fox news. The goal was to blunt them as much as possible. Watch Bill Oreilly he has become much more diplomatic and “fair and balanced” and soft.

To me Barack was just a cool young dude that seemed like a star. I didn’t know him or his policies, but now I understand more than I care to and I realize his interests are more for him, and the DNC and all working like puppets with dean.

This means the future is forever altered. I don’t see this as america, so I am now supporting John Mccain.

Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/30/08 11:41 PM
****EDIT****
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/30/08 11:58 PM
****EDIT****
Posted By: Choctaw Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 12:11 AM
Just a friendly reminder of the Marriage Builders TOS Rules:

Link: TOS

The Marriage Builders® Discussion Board Rules

Considering the real-time nature of the Marriage Builders® Discussion Board (MBDB), it is not possible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of all information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the MBDB or any entity associated with the MBDB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to immediately contact by email the Moderator of the specific forum in which the post is located. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

As the use of this board is a privilege and not a right, you agree, through your use of this service, the following terms of the Marriage Builders® Discussion Board Code of Conduct:

You will not use the MBDB to post any material which is knowingly
false,
defamatory, and/or
inaccurate.
You will not post in a way that is
abusive,
vulgar, and/or
hateful.
You will not
harass, or
use obscene,
profane, and/or
threatening language toward anyone.

You will not violate any person's right to privacy by posting or reposting any personal information that they do not wish to share with the public or any other persons.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by the MBDB.

You agree not to post any communication that is considered spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).

You agree not to create multiple usernames for deceptive purposes.

Derision of the Marriage Builders staff will not be tolerated. [color:#FF0000]Questions regarding moderating actions should be addressed via email to the mods or board Admin, Justuss, and not discussed or debated on the forums.
Additionally, bypassing a mod action, such as an edit or a locked/moved thread by starting a similar thread is not permitted. These are general guidelines and each situation will be reviewed individually using mod discretion.

Although the Marriage Builders® staff and the Marriage Builders® Discussion Board volunteers do not and cannot review all of the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at Marriage Builders® and the Marriage Builders® Discussion Board volunteers reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Marriage Builders, Inc., its staff, and the Marriage Builders® Discussion Board volunteers with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) or message(s) of other community members. Marriage Builders, Inc. also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.[/color]
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 12:13 AM
****EDIT****
Posted By: Choctaw Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 12:17 AM
DIG:

Please email me. My email is below.

Thank you.
Posted By: Dufresne Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 12:18 AM
DIG - when a thread is locked by the Mods, it is a TOS violation to restart a new thread to carry on the same argument.
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 12:27 AM
Dufresne I have emailed you too.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 05:21 AM
Another post from "Sarah P" to McCain supporters:

"I was going to write a long response to validate and defend myself, but I just don’t feel that its necessary. I am sorry some feel offended by my post. I have no shame or guilt, we all have careers but don’t necessarily agree with the boss. My duties are so benign and clerical that I don’t have a hand in what I feel is a “game”. The “game” as I see it is much like a play on vanity, its a ruffle up your feathers to appear larger kind of game. The campaign is now nearing 1 billion dollars, a 1 billion dollar campaign. Can you imagine, if 1 little girl came forth and tried to take on that kind of establishment. I am not the person for that, and its not possible for me to do without implosion. I am not sure I can offer much up that would take notice in the MSM and get reported. My story would not make news, its not newsworthy. Its not illegal, the ideas I am suggesting. Its smoke and mirrors, sure. Its playing with emotions, absolutely. But, to the masses and to the pundits it would be viewed as “campaigning” and you would be told that it was just Obama being the “better” campaigner.

The truth is simple. The idea is to appear as a winner. To deflate your opponent. To overwhelm your opponent. To confuse your opponent. And to own the airwaves. There was a mass coordination on foreigners to visit online sites and vote to declare who won in the debates. Did you notice that John Mccain seemed to lose and lose badly every time. Where did all those voters come from?

I could explain more, but my point wasn’t to dissect and draw this into a debate. My point was simple, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever considered myself a person who would vote for a “repug” as some like to call them. I have been involved in two elections and voted twice now. Straight democrat. I now see the truth, and the truth is to vote for what is best for our country. Vote not on emotion and don’t lose yourself to a game of mirrors. This election is down to a candidate that wants to win for his own desires and down to a candidate that wants to win for the country. Don’t allow yourself to be told what is right by anyone, review the facts, take a long good look at the candidate and decide what you believe is the right choice for us, for everyone in the united states. Your vote is your vote. Don’t allow a massive machine to feed you the answer.

I wrote the initial post to tell everyone to remain calm, stay firm in your convictions, vote with your heart don’t let the news and polls keep you and your will down. The news channels, the advertisements, the polls, are not the truth. They are not the truth. The truth is inside the people. Don’t be discouraged, and don’t give up.

And please, just ignore any oppositional voice on any forum, youtube, etc. Ask yourself one question, would there really be this much activity and opposition all on its own? Or were they sent, was this their mission? What seems more plausible?

How about the polls, how were the skewed? Take a look at the internals, always. But, above that think about something. How wold a polling company get paid? How would this be a viable business just on its own? They get paid by networks, ever notice how every two hours there is a pollster being interviewed and talking about his polls. Ever notice, the polls one day will have Barack Obama leading by 12, then the next day leading by 5, then the next day up to 8. How is that possible? Think about just one poll, that has Barack up 13 points, how badly would that destroy the average? Don’t you think it would be pretty easy to put together a few Pollsters to stick a few high polls up to throw off the average? This then makes other pollsters question their techniques, then they question the electorate and devise some kind of formula. They see their numbers as say Barack Obama up by 3, but they see another poll with Barack Obama up 13. They then formulate that there is problem, maybe some truth in the 13 poll, but that its overly exaggerated and that their poll is maybe too conservative so they then take their 3 and bump it up to say a 5-6. Its to split the difference, and the thought is that John Mccain doesn’t have the enthusiasm that Barack Obama does, so they give a weight adjustment that favors the democrat.

Lets just keep this simple, the race is 2-3 points in favor of Barack Obama. This is the internal truth. However, there is strong internal fear that there is no more votes left for him to pick up. Currently we see him at only 46% of the vote. Maybe 48% maximum.

If that wasn’t the truth, if all the polls were correct. Then why would there be a need for a 30 minute spot on all the networks. The goal from now and until next tuesday is to pick up 2 more percentage points. That is the goal. That is what the campaign is working on right now. That is the focus.

All the polls will all end up being around 3 point difference come monday. There will be a few rogue polls who will stick to their inflated numbers to help as that is their job, to help. but most will show it a 3 point race come monday.

The winner will be based on turnout, thats the secret, thats why you have seen so much opposition."

LINK

Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah P
I was going to write a long response to validate and defend myself, but I just don’t feel that its necessary. I am sorry some feel offended by my post. I have no shame or guilt, we all have careers but don’t necessarily agree with the boss. My duties are so benign and clerical that I don’t have a hand in what I feel is a “game”. The “game” as I see it is much like a play on vanity, its a ruffle up your feathers to appear larger kind of game. The campaign is now nearing 1 billion dollars, a 1 billion dollar campaign. Can you imagine, if 1 little girl came forth and tried to take on that kind of establishment. I am not the person for that, and its not possible for me to do without implosion. I am not sure I can offer much up that would take notice in the MSM and get reported. My story would not make news, its not newsworthy.

So let's post as an anonymous user to feed the conspiracy theorist's delusions that "see they really are cheating the election."

The truth is simple. The idea is to appear as a winner. To deflate your opponent. To overwhelm your opponent. To confuse your opponent. And to own the airwaves. There was a mass coordination on foreigners to visit online sites and vote to declare who won in the debates. Did you notice that John Mccain seemed to lose and lose badly every time. Where did all those voters come from?

Nice try...give it up. Internet polls can be easily programmed to drop foreign IP addresses. Furthermore, the polls reflected McCain's performance because he DID lose all 3 debates.

I could explain more, but my point wasn’t to dissect and draw this into a debate. My point was simple, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever considered myself a person who would vote for a “repug” as some like to call them. I have been involved in two elections and voted twice now. Straight democrat. I now see the truth, and the truth is to vote for what is best for our country. Vote not on emotion and don’t lose yourself to a game of mirrors. This election is down to a candidate that wants to win for his own desires and down to a candidate that wants to win for the country. Don’t allow yourself to be told what is right by anyone, review the facts, take a long good look at the candidate and decide what you believe is the right choice for us, for everyone in the united states. Your vote is your vote. Don’t allow a massive machine to feed you the answer.

Please don't vote for those evil Democrats. Obama's plans are better, his advisors are better, his decision making has been better, his campaigning has been better. In short, he's winning because he should be and no amount of smear tactics will change that this time.

And please, just ignore any oppositional voice on any forum, youtube, etc. Ask yourself one question, would there really be this much activity and opposition all on its own? Or were they sent, was this their mission? What seems more plausible?

After 2 stolen elections by the worst president in history, Mr. 22%, you bet there would be this much opposition and rightfully so.

If that wasn’t the truth, if all the polls were correct. Then why would there be a need for a 30 minute spot on all the networks. The goal from now and until next tuesday is to pick up 2 more percentage points. That is the goal. That is what the campaign is working on right now. That is the focus.

Because Obama is bound to spend all the money raised for his campaign on the campaign. If you have the resources to further your lead the question would be why not? I'm seriously, the goal is to WIN the election is it not? To put it as my uncle used to say "When there down...stomp on them."

Want2Stay

Posted By: KaylaAndy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 01:35 PM
Well here's something that everyone needs to consider:

Obama is outspending McCain 3 to 1.

Voter Fraud is PROVEN - rampant in key states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida...

Obama is contributing to legal counsel to hold off investigation of this voter fraud until after the election.

Obama broke his promise on campaign spending sources. And is reaping the financial windfall of that broken promise to tie up simultaneously all the networks for his campaign infomercial.

Yet for all the spending and cheating going on, Obama can only eek out a few extra points ahead of McCain in the polls.

If he were truly a quality candidate with a quality agenda (which this republican had hoped he was 10 months ago) it would be a landslide at this point.

Once I found out what he stood for (from his own words, not what people say about him) he's scarier than Kerry.

He's truly banking on the stupidity of the American People. His campaign promises will take a Chapter 13 economy to Chapter 7. Socialism or worse, here we come!
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 01:46 PM
So let's post as an anonymous user to feed the conspiracy theorist's delusions that "see they really are cheating the election."

Although, there's plenty of evidence that shows Obama is cheating/and has cheated, "Sarah" hasn't accused Obama of it.

Internet polls can be easily programmed to drop foreign IP addresses.

Doesn't mean they were.

If you have the resources to further your lead the question would be why not? I'm seriously, the goal is to WIN the election is it not?

Of course it is. He should be in it to win it.

What "Sarah" is exposing is how much of Obama's campaign is a head game, a fake out....most of it.

Good to know.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 02:42 PM
btw, several newpapers that have endorsed McCain were summarily KICKED OFF Obama's press plane today. Off the plane
Obama spokesman Bill Burton confirms Drudge's report that two right-leaning papers, the Washington Times and the New York Post, have lost their seats on the Obama plane, along with the Dallas Morning News.

God help that Obama campaign worker who is posting on hillbuzz when they find out who she is. They will destroy her as they are Joe the Plumber.

The Washington Times
Monday, October 13, 2008
BARONE: The coming liberal thugocracy
Michael Barone
COMMENTARY:

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors," Barack Obama told a crowd in Elko, Nev. "I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face." Actually, Obama supporters are doing a lot more than getting into people's faces. They seem determined to shut people up.

That's what Obama supporters, alerted by campaign e-mails, did when conservative Stanley Kurtz appeared on Milt Rosenberg's WGN radio program in Chicago. Mr. Kurtz had been researching Mr. Obama's relationship with unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers in Chicago Annenberg Challenge papers in the Richard J. Daley Library in Chicago - papers that were closed off to him for some days, apparently at the behest of Obama supporters.

Obama fans jammed WGN's phone lines and sent in hundreds of protest e-mails. The message was clear to anyone who would follow Mr. Rosenberg's example. We will make trouble for you if you let anyone make the case against The One.

Other Obama supporters have threatened critics with criminal prosecution. In September, St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Mr. Obama that were "false." I had been under the impression that the Alien and Sedition Acts had gone out of existence in 1801-'02. Not so, apparently, in metropolitan St. Louis. Similarly, the Obama campaign called for a criminal investigation of the American Issues Project when it ran ads highlighting Mr. Obama's ties to Mr. Ayers.

These attempts to shut down political speech have become routine for liberals. Congressional Democrats sought to reimpose the "fairness doctrine" on broadcasters, which until it was repealed in the 1980s required equal time for different points of view. The motive was plain: to shut down the one conservative-leaning communications medium, talk radio. Liberal talk-show hosts have mostly failed to draw audiences, and many liberals can't abide having citizens hear contrary views.

To their credit, some liberal old-timers - like House Appropriations Chairman David Obey - voted against the "fairness doctrine," in line with their longstanding support of free speech. But you can expect the "fairness doctrine" to get another vote if Barack Obama wins and Democrats increase their congressional majorities.

Corporate liberals have done their share in shutting down anti-liberal speech, too. "Saturday Night Live" ran a spoof of the financial crisis that skewered Democrats like House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank and liberal contributors Herbert and Marion Sandler, who sold toxic-waste-filled Golden West to Wachovia Bank for $24 billion. Kind of surprising, but not for long. The tape of the broadcast disappeared from NBC's Web site and was replaced with another that omitted the references to Mr. Frank and the Sandlers. Evidently NBC and its parent, General Electric, don't want people to hear speech that attacks liberals.

Then there's the Democrats' "card check" legislation that would abolish secret ballot elections in determining whether employees are represented by unions. The unions' strategy is obvious: Send a few thugs over to employees' homes - we know where you live - and get them to sign cards that will trigger a union victory without giving employers a chance to be heard.

Once upon a time, liberals prided themselves, with considerable reason, as the staunchest defenders of free speech. Union organizers in the 1930s and 1940s made the case that they should have access to employees to speak freely to them, and union leaders like George Meany and Walter Reuther were ardent defenders of the First Amendment.

Today's liberals seem to be taking their marching orders from other quarters. Specifically, from the college and university campuses where administrators, armed with speech codes, have for years been disciplining and subjecting to sensitivity training any students who dare to utter thoughts that liberals find offensive. The campuses that once prided themselves as zones of free expression are now the least free part of our society.

Obama supporters who found the campuses congenial and Mr. Obama himself, who has chosen to live all his adult life in university communities, seem to find it entirely natural to suppress speech they don't like and seem utterly oblivious to claims this violates the letter and spirit of the First Amendment. In this campaign, we have seen the coming of the Obama thugocracy, suppressing free speech, and we may see its flourishing in the four or eight years ahead.
• Michael Barone is a nationally syndicated columnist.
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/13/the-coming-thugocracy/print/
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Please don't vote for those evil Democrats. Obama's plans are better, his advisors are better, his decision making has been better, his campaigning has been better. In short, he's winning because he should be and no amount of smear tactics will change that this time.

Then why the hysterical push to cover up his record and destroy anyone who questions him or tries to examine his record? Anyone who questions or examines his record is trashed and maligned and the questions never get answered. Just look at what these thugs did to Joe the Plumber? Why in the world would this voter be trashed for asking Obama a question? Why is he being mocked and sneered at by democrats? We have Ohio state officials [democrats] using govt resources to DIG UP DIRT on this man. If that is not an eggregious abuse of power I don't know what is. These ppl are nothing more than a band of THUGS who are too dangerous to be trusted in positions of power.
Posted By: penaltykill Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
btw, several newpapers that have endorsed McCain were summarily KICKED OFF Obama's press plane today. Off the plane

I read the link. It also mentioned that
McCain barred liberal columnists Maureen Dowd and Joe Klein from his campaign plane

So maybe this is standard operating procedure for candidates? And I didn't know that Joe Klein was that liberal; he really skewered Clinton in his book, Primary Colors.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 02:56 PM
This is what happens to you when you question The One:

The Columbus Dispatch
Checks on 'Joe' more extensive than first acknowledged
Tax, welfare info also sought on McCain ally
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:05 PM
By Randy Ludlow

A state agency has revealed that its checks of computer systems for potential information on "Joe the Plumber" were more extensive than it first acknowledged.

Helen Jones-Kelley, director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, disclosed today that computer inquiries on Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher were not restricted to a child-support system.

The agency also checked Wurzelbacher in its computer systems to determine whether he was receiving welfare assistance or owed unemployment compensation taxes, she wrote.

Jones-Kelley made the revelations in a letter to Ohio Senate President Bill M. Harris, R-Ashland, who demanded answers on why state officials checked out Wurzelbacher.

Harris called the multiple records checks "questionable" and said he awaits more answers. "It's kind of like Big Brother is looking in your pocket," he said.

The administration of Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland has said the information was not improperly shared and that there were no political motives behind the checks.

The Dispatch has uncovered four uses of state computer systems to access personal information on Wurzelbacher, including the child-support check authorized by Jones-Kelley.

She said on Monday that her department frequently runs checks for any unpaid child support obligations "when someone is thrust quickly into the public spotlight."

Republican legislators have challenged Jones-Kelley's reason for checking on Wurzelbacher as "frightening" and flimsy.

Jones-Kelly also has denied any connections between the computer checks on Wurzelbacher and her support for Obama. She donated the maximum $2,500 this year to the Obama campaign.

entire article
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by penaltykill
I read the link. It also mentioned that
McCain barred liberal columnists Maureen Dowd and Joe Klein from his campaign plane

So maybe this is standard operating procedure for candidates? And I didn't know that Joe Klein was that liberal; he really skewered Clinton in his book, Primary Colors.

Those are columnists, though. They do not routinely get seats. The major newspapers do. The NY Times was not kicked off his plane. I didn't know that Klein was a liberal either.
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:03 PM
I don't want you guys to think I am being mean when I ask this. You have obviously made up your minds about what you are doing as far as this election is concerned. Why do you guys keep debating the issues? Inquiring minds want to know. What are you all hoping to accomplish?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
I don't want you guys to think I am being mean when I ask this. You have obviously made up your minds about what you are doing as far as this election is concerned. Why do you guys keep debating the issues? Inquiring minds want to know. What are you all hoping to accomplish?

DIG, what are you hoping to accomplish with posts like this? If you feel it is a waste of time to discuss the issues, why not do something you believe is productive and stop reading here? I see nothing productive coming from your posts like this.

What are YOU hoping to accomplish?
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:21 PM
What I am hoping to accomplish by my previous post is to get an answer. I mean how long has this back and forth been going? Are you planning to answer or just answering my question with a question?

Also I didn't state anywhere in my post I thought what you all are doing is a waste of time. I only asked what is the point of it. Plain and simple as that. Nothing more,Nothing less.

The reason I ask the question is this. If we all know what we are trying accomplish we can all try and reach the goal together. In order to that we need to know what is the goal.
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:25 PM
Republicans calling the democrats "thugs"...

Now that's rich.

Hello pot.

Attorney General Gonzalez's office, K Street gang, and thousands of other examples. George Bush has been the most press adverse president ever. Worse than being kicked off the plane...they were simply denied any and all information.

As far as Joe the Plumber...he'll be fine. Ironically, he's going to actually end up making more than $250,000 this year (before Obama or McCain raise the rates on high income earners) on book deals and personal appearances. He's laughing all the way to the bank and all for asking a conjured up question that really didn't apply to him and getting a full straight answer (when you view the entire echange) which has been "spun" by Republicans based upon one phrase.

If Obama's plan is "redistributing the wealth" than so is McCains(or, even worse, maybe McCain's will end up the same as Bush's plan..."redistribute our future wealth")

Mr. Wondering
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
What I am hoping to accomplish by my previous post is to get an answer. I mean how long has this back and forth been going? Are you planning to answer or just answering my question with a question?

DIG, if you expect other posters to justify themselves to you, then you have an obligation to JUSTIFY yourself to them and explain what you hope to accomplish with posts like this.

I would like an answer please.

What do YOU hope to accomplish with posts like this?
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:30 PM
I believe I have answered your question Mel. I want to know what goal are we all shooting for so we know how to get there. So I hope this appeases you. If not I don't know what else you may want to hear and since I can't read minds I would love to know your answer. So spill already.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by MrWondering
As far as Joe the Plumber...he'll be fine.

I see, so you have no objection to state employees, corrupt democrats, abusing their power to dig up dirt on a private citizen in order to try and ruin his reputation to win an election? I guess I am not surprised...

Citizens should beware this is what you face too if you ask an unpleasant question of Obama and his thugs.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
I believe I have answered your question Mel. I want to know what goal are we all shooting for so we know how to get there.

No, I have seen no answer, DIG. Saying you "want an answer" is not an answer, but nonsense. Please explain what you hope to accomplish with posts like this?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:34 PM
DIG, this is not an answer to my question:

What I am hoping to accomplish by my previous post is to get an answer.

Please answer my question. What are you hoping to accomplish with posts like this?
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:39 PM
Ok I will say it once again. If we know what we are trying to accomplish then we can working on that goal. I feel like Dr. Nathan Waldman on a Long Kiss goodnight. When he was watching the old lady's dog lick his butt. He said your dog has been licking his butt for the last 10 mins. Whatever was there is gone for good or there to stay so why is he still licking it?
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:41 PM
I never gave my opinion on any of the issues when I asked the question. I didn't say anything about the post at all other than to ask what is trying to be accomplished.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
I never gave my opinion on any of the issues when I asked the question. I didn't say anything about the post at all other than to ask what trying to be accomplished.

But, still no answer to my question. I want to know what YOU HOPE to accomplish with posts like this. I would like to see an explanation instead of all this tap dancing, please.
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:51 PM
Why is the answer I have given not good enough? How am I tap dancing? Since you don't believe me, do you think I have an ulterior motive? If so I would love to know. Since all I really asked the question is to get an answer.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
He said your dog has been licking his butt for the last 10 mins. Whatever was there is gone for good or there to stay so why is he still licking it?

DIG, I can't be sure because of all your tap dancing, but it sounds like you are saying these discussions are not productive.

But doesnt that sort of beg the question of what YOU are doing here if you don't feel they are productive? crazy What are you doing here reading them and posting if you believe they are unproductive? crazy Wouldn't that be sort of silly?

That is what leads me to ask the obvious: what are you hoping to accomplish with posts like this?
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 03:59 PM
As far as Joe the Plumber...he'll be fine.

I see, so you have no objection to state employees, corrupt democrats, abusing their power to dig up dirt on a private citizen in order to try and ruin his reputation to win an election? I guess I am not surprised...

Citizens should beware this is what you face too if you ask an unpleasant question of Obama and his thugs.

Republican. Democrats. I'm sure it happens ALL the time on both sides of the aisle. This shocks me a whole lot less than the outing of CIA operatives for political purposes.

Joe puts his neck out there and got caught up in the national political machine. His 5 minutes of fame is going to pay off for him. His publicist will likely direct him to dramatize the EVERYTHING about the ordeal to extend his 5 minutes and garner more book material.

On the other hand, IF Joe had owed child support to someone...it would be good that someone had the forethought to run his name and check the database. He's a self-proclaimed "independent contractor" and THAT is precisely where dead beat dads work. Were he a deadbeat dad, I'm sure his ex-wife and children would have really appreciated him getting caught and they wouldn't care about the political motivations. Are you insinuating that deadbeat dads shouldn't be pursued?

Mr. Wondering
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:00 PM
I rest my case....
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:05 PM
If anyone is implying anything it is you. I don't even know why you are being defensive. Do you feel like it is unproductive and projecting that unto me? I didn't make any opinions or observations. I really want to know what are we reaching for? If we don't know the problem how can we find a solution? I am a problem solver. I don't like seeing conflict and if we all know, no matter what each others opinion what their take is on the whole issue then we can find middle ground.
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:05 PM
What case is it that you are resting?
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:15 PM
Obama supporters obeying their leader's orders to "get in the faces" of those who don't support him...

Death Threats Sent to Pollster

After releasing this morning’s numbers showing McCain ahead in Ohio and Florida, the Strategic Vision polling company received several death threats through the contact e-mail on the company’s web site.

David Johnson, the CEO of Strategic Vision, shared the messages with National Review Online.

One of the messages stated:

My goodness, your polls stinks. There are 3 polls that have Obama by double digits and only yours has Obama down. WOW!. How come your poll is the only one giving Palin high favor ratings? I think you nee dto be careful tonight when you get in your car and might want to check underneath your car. SCRAP YOUR IDIOTIC POLLS OR ELSE!

Another stated:

A poll that gave Sarah Palin and Barack Obama the same favorability rating is wrong off the bat. Be careful going outside tonight because you might not see tomorrow.

A third message stated:

Why would your presidential election poll results be so drastically different from every other reputable poll taken over the same time period? Are they that dumb or are you guys that smart? Smart guys wind up dead.

The company has contacted the FBI and appropriate authorities, Johnson said. There was, thankfully, nothing in the messages that indicated that the sender had actually sought out the location of the company or its employees. Johnson noted that while the messages came from different addresses, they all came within a short period of time, and that it was possible they were from the same person.

Johnson said he’s not fearful, but taking appropriate measures.

“It’s probably just a bunch of nut cases, but this is first time we’ve ever experienced something like this,” Johnson said. “It’s highly, highly unusual. We get messages in the vein of 'your numbers are wrong, the other guy's numbers are right' all the time. But this has never happened before.”

LINK

Posted By: MrWondering Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by DIG

I enjoy debating issues with my friends.

After 3 years of being here I finally got fed up with the Republican spin and decided that somebody here had to stand up to it. After the debacle in 2000 and 2004, I couldn't sit by silently for fear of being flamed. I believe I am a well respected member and an example that good Christian people can and DO vote Democrat.

I am trying to be respectful.

Mr. Wondering
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
I don't like seeing conflict and if we all know, no matter what each others opinion what their take is on the whole issue then we can find middle ground.

DIG, the only defensive one I see here is you, dear, because you went to great lengths to avoid answering my question. But at least you finally admitted what YOU are reaching for even though it took 5 posts to get the truth out of you. crazy

While "finding middle ground" is an interesting pursuit, it is not a realistic goal that interests me. Nor is that effective problem solving.

That is not MY GOAL. That is your goal. My goal is to debate the issues, not to "find middle ground."

My suggestion to you would be to avoid these political threads if you don't like conflict..
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:19 PM
Another Obama campaign staffer talking...

Another Obama campaign staffer spills guts from redstate.com (cant attest to the authenticity of it but sounds interesting)…I found this posted over on the hillaryclinton.net forum

After a long and careful consideration of all the implications and possible consequences of my actions today, I have decided to go through with this in the hope that our country can indeed be guided into the right direction. First, a little personal background… I am a female grad student in my 20’s, and a registered Democrat. During the primaries, I was a campaign worker for the Clinton candidacy. I believed in her and still do, staying all the way to the bitter end. And believe me, it was bitter. The snippets you’ve heard from various media outlets only grazed the surface. There was no love between the Clinton and Obama campaigns, and these feelings extended all the way to the top. Hillary was no dope though, and knew that any endorsement of Obama must appear to be a full-fledged one. She did this out of political survival. As a part of his overall effort to extend an olive branch to the Clinton camp and her supporters, Obama took on a few Hillary staff members into his campaign. I was one such worker. Though I was still bitterly loyal to Hillary, I still held out hope that he would choose her as VP. In fact, there was a consensus among us transplants that in the end, he HAD to choose her. It was the only logical choice. I also was committed to the Democratic cause and without much of a second thought, transferred my allegiance to Senator Obama.

I’m going to let you in on a few secrets here, and this is not because I enjoy the gossip or the attention directed my way. I’m doing this because I doubt much of you know the true weaknesses of Obama. Another reason for my doing this is that I am lost faith in this campaign, and feel that this choice has been forced on many people in this country. Put simply, you are being manipulated. That was and is our job – to manipulate you (the electorate) and the media (we already had them months ago). Our goal is to create chaos with the other side, not hope. I’ve come to the realization (as the campaign already has) that if this comes to the issues, Barack Obama doesn’t have a chance. His only chance is to foster disorganization, chaos, despair, and a sense of inevitability among the Republicans. It has worked up until now. Joe the Plumber has put the focus on the issues again, and this scares us more than anything. Being in a position to know these things, I will rate what the Obama campaign already knows are their weak links from the most important on down.

1 – Hillary voters. Internal polling suggests that at best, we are taking 70-75% of these voters. Other estimates are as low as 60% in some areas – particularly Ohio and western PA. My biggest problem with this campaign’s strategy was the decision NOT to offer Hillary the VP slot. She was ready and able to take this on, and would have campaigned enthusiastically for it. This selection would have also brought virtually all of her supporters into the fold, and the Obama campaign knew it. Though I have no way of knowing this for certain, and I do admit that I am relying on internal gossip, Senator Obama actually went against the advice of his top advisors. They wanted him to choose her, but the only significant opposition to this within the campaign came from Barack and Michelle Obama. In short, he let personal feelings take precedence over what was the most logical thing to do. Biden, by the way, has been a disaster inside the campaign. Everyone cringes whenever he gives an interview, and he creates so many headaches as the campaign has to stay on their toes in order to disseminate information and spin whatever it was he was trying to say.

2 – Sarah Palin. Don’t believe what the media is telling you about how horrible a choice she was. Again, our internal polling suggest that though she has had a minimal impact on pulling disaffected Hillary Democrats to McCain, she has done wonders in mobilizing the base for McCain. Another thing – we were completely taken by surprise with her pick. In my capacity in the research department, I looked into the backgrounds of Leiberman, Romney, Pawlenty and Ridge, and prepared briefs. I don’t mind bragging that we had pretty good stuff on all of them. With Leiberman, the plan was to paint him as an erratic old-timer who didn’t have a clue as to what he was doing (pretty much a clone of McCain). In Romney, we had him pegged as an evil capitalist who cut jobs. Pawlenty was going to get the “Quayle treatment”, or more precisely: a pretty face, with no valid experience. Tom Ridge was going to be used to provide a direct link from McCain to Bush. As you can see, we were quite enamored of all of them. Then the unexpected happened – Sarah Palin. We had no clue as to how to handle her, and bungled it from the start. Though through our misinformation networks, we have successfully taken some of the shine off. But let there be no doubt. She remains a major obstacle. She has singlehanded solidified “soft” Republican support, mobilized the McCain ground game, and has even had some appeal to independents and Hillary voters. This is what our internal polling confirms.

3 – Obama’s radical connections. Standards operating procedure has been to cry “racism” whenever one of these has been brought up. We even have a detailed strategy ready to go should McCain ever bring Rev. Wright up. Though by themselves they are of minimal worth, taken together, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Father Pfelger, and now, Rashid Khalili, are exactly what the campaign does not need. The more focus on them, the more this election becomes a referendum on Obama. The campaign strategy from the very beginning was to make this election a referendum on Bush. Strategists have been banging their head on how successfully McCain has distanced himself from Bush. This has worked, and right now the tide is in his favor. People are taking a new look at Barack Obama, and our experience when this happens tells us this is not good news at all. When they take a look at him, one or more of these names are bound to be brought up. McCain has wisely not harped on this in recent weeks and let voters decide for themselves. This was a trap we set for him, and he never fully took the bait. Senator Obama openly dared him to bring up Ayers. This was not due to machismo on the part of Obama, but actually due to campaign strategy. Though McCain’s reference to Ayers fell flat in the last debate, people in the Obama campaign were actually disappointed that he didn’t follow through on it more and getting into it. Our focus groups found this out: When McCain brings these connections up, voters are turned off to him. They’d rather take this into consideration themselves, and when this happens, our numbers begin to tank.

4 – The Bradley Effect. Don’t believe these polls for a second. I just went over our numbers and found that we have next to no chance in the following states: Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, Florida, New Hampshire and Nevada. Ohio leans heavily to McCain, but is too close to call it for him. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico and Iowa are the true “toss up states”. The only two of these the campaign feels “confident” in are Iowa and New Mexico. The reason for such polling discrepancy is the Bradley Effect, and this is a subject of much discussion in the campaign. In general, we tend to take a -10 point percentage in allowing for this, and are not comfortable until the polls give us a spread well over this mark. This is why we are still campaigning in Virginia and Pennsylvania! This is why Ohio is such a desperate hope for us! What truly bothers this campaign is the fact that some pollsters get up to an 80% “refuse to respond” result. You can’t possibly include these into the polls. The truth is, people are afraid to let people know who they are voting for. The vast majority of these respondents are McCain supporters. Obama is the “hip” choice, and we all know it.

As part of my research duties, I scour right wing blogs and websites to get somewhat of a “feel” as to what is being talked about on the other side. Much of it is nonsense, but there are some exceptions which give the campaign jitters. A spirited campaign has been made to infiltrate many pro-Hillary sites and discredit them. A more disorganized, but genuine effort has also been made to sow doubts among the unapologetically right wing sites such as redstate.com. Don’t you guys get it? This has been the Obama campaign’s sole strategy from the very beginning! The only way he wins is over a dispirited, disorganized, and demobilized opposition. This is how it has been for all of his campaigns. What surprises me is that everyone has fallen for it. You may point to the polls as proof of the inevitability of all of this. If so, you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book. How did we skew these polls, you might ask? It all starts with the media “buzz” which has been generated over the campaign. Many stories are generated on the powerful Obama ground game, and how many new voters were registered. None of this happens by coincidence. It is all part of the poll-skewing process. This makes pollsters change their mixes to reflect these new voters and tilt the mix more towards Democratic voters. What is not mentioned or reported on is not the “under-reported cell phone users or young voters” we hear so much about. What is underreported is you.

I changed my somewhat positive opinion of this campaign during the unfair and sexist campaign against Sarah Palin. I will never agree with her on the issues and will probably never vote for her, but I am embarrassed of what has happened. I can’t ignore our own hand in all of this. What I do know is that I will not be voting for Obama this time around. Treat that as you will.

LINK

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:20 PM
DIG, why do you continue to read and post here if you don't like conflict? Doesn't that seem a little irrational?
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:26 PM
Dig, if you want a place where democrats and republicans have found "common ground" and are working together for the good of the country, check out Hillbuzz smile

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 04:28 PM
Dig, if you want to find a place where democrats and republicans have found "common ground" and are working together for the good of the country, check outHillbuzz smile

I think she might fare better there if her agenda is to "find common ground." The goal here is to debate the issues and she seems to find that troubling for some reason.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 05:27 PM
Another Obama campaign staffer talking...

Another Obama campaign staffer spills guts from redstate.com (cant attest to the authenticity of it but sounds interesting)…I found this posted over on the hillaryclinton.net forum

Marsh, why are you reposting all these blog entries here? They have no fact checks behind them, and all we get is "I heard that someone said that someone told someone a secret..." type of gossip.

I think it's great that you read the stuff and even believe it, but maybe you can just type the links instead of reposting the entire blog? Or if you have any facts to back up the "secret insider" stuff, that would be interesting.

I dunno, just a thought, it would be nice to avoid getting bogged down in reposting blogs here.

AGG
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 05:41 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, but I think I'll continue to post as I see fit.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 05:57 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, but I think I'll continue to post as I see fit.

No problem, it was just a suggestion.

If it helps, I think I found your "secret Sarah" source :

McCain Asks Supporters to Invade Liberal Blogs, But Few Respond
By Sarah Lai Stirland June 10, 2008 | 12:22:39 AMCategories: Election '08
John McCain's longstanding political reputation is that of a political maverick, an unconventional Republican who is willing to lean across the party aisle to achieve a public policy goal.

It seems that his campaign team is trying to extend that approach online. The McCain campaign in late May launched a new blogger outreach section on its website that encourages supporters to lobby for their candidate across 94 blogs that range in political bent from far left to far right.

The campaign arms the blog-raiders with one of McCain's speeches on the need to transcend partisan politics to deal with the problems that the nation faces.

The strategy reinforces the central role that blogs have come to play in shaping and framing the issues in the 2008 presidential election. The question is whether sending supporters to do grassroots lobbying in the comments section of activist blogs like DailyKos, whose membership is dedicated to defeating the Republicans in the general election, will really benefit McCain's campaign.

"I find it hilarious that McCain's campaign thinks that some astroturf copy-and-paste comments would do anything more than spark some vicious mocking," says Markos Moulitsas, founder of DailyKos, which is currently highlighted as one of three "featured blogs" on McCain's site.

On Memorial Day weekend for example, someone named "Jerry A" posted a news story in an open thread on DailyKos about McCain inviting Barack Obama to visit "post surge" Iraq. At the time, Republicans had launched a publicity campaign criticizing Obama for formulating Iraq policy without having visited the country for two years.

Four minutes later, "Cultural Worker" responded: "Thank you for sharing McCain's talking points of the day. Again."

Jerry tried to explain that he was just innocently posting a news article, but then another Kos user weighed in and asked why Jerry had received 23 troll ratings out of his 25 postings at the site.

Several comments later, Jerry was outed.

"Jerry A is one of the newly-recruited McCain trolls," wrote "Sarah Lee."

Moulitsas, DailyKos' founder, says that Jerry is a rarity -- Moulitsas hasn't seen many posts lobbying for McCain on his site."I can't believe someone actually wasted time and donor money putting together a 'feature' that is so guaranteed to be useless that even his supporters are ignoring it," he says. "Of course, it would help if their daily talking points were updated, you know, daily. So far, this page has been up for a couple of weeks, and the talking points haven't been changed once."

But David All, a Republican Web 2.0 consultant, and co-founder of Slatecard, an online political action committee, defended the strategy. He calls it "smart" and "unique."

"He's got the most comprehensive blogger outreach strategy, and this is just an evolution of that," he argues.

Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 06:02 PM
Wow, Marsh, look at this bit of info!! Brrr, scary, isn't it??? rotflmao.

AGG

AIP's creation was inspired by the rabidly violent anti-Americanism of its founding father Joe Vogler, "I'm an Alaskan, not an American," reads a favorite Vogler quote on AIP's current website, "I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." According to Vogler AIP's central purpose was to drive Alaska's secession from the United States. Alaska, says current Chairwoman Lynette Clark, "should be an independent nation."
Vogler was murdered in 1993 during an illegal sale of plastic explosives that went bad. The prior year, he had renounced his allegiance to the United States explaining that, "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government." He cursed the stars and stripes, promising, "I won't be buried under their damned flag...when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home." Palin has never denounced Vogler or his detestable anti-Americanism.
Palin's husband Todd remained an AIP party member from 1995 to 2002. Sarah can be described in McCarthy-era palaver as a "fellow traveler." While retaining her Republican registration, she attended the AIP's 1994 convention where the party called for a draft constitution to secede from the United States and create an independent nation of Alaska.
The McCain Campaign has reluctantly acknowledged that she also attended AIP's 2000 Convention. She apparently found the experience so inspiring that she agreed to give a keynote address at the AIP's 2006 convention and she recorded a video greeting for this year's 2008 convention. In other words, this is not something that happened when she was eight!
Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kennedy-jr/alaskan-independence-part_b_133261.html

AIP was born of the vision of “Old Joe” Vogler, a hard-bitten former gold miner who hated the government of the United States almost as much as he hated wolves and environmentalists. His resentment peaked during the early 1970s when the federal government began installing Alaska’s oil and gas pipeline.
Though Chryson belongs to a fringe political party, one that advocates the secession of Alaska from the Union, and that organizes with other like-minded secessionist movements from Canada to the Deep South, he is not without peculiar influence in state politics, especially the rise of Sarah Palin. An obscure figure outside of Alaska, Chryson has been a political fixture in the hometown of the Republican vice-presidential nominee for over a decade. During the 1990s, when Chryson directed the AIP, he and another radical right-winger, Steve Stoll, played a quiet but pivotal role in electing Palin as mayor of Wasilla and shaping her political agenda afterward. Both Stoll and Chryson not only contributed to Palin’s campaign financially, they played major behind-the-scenes roles in the Palin camp before, during and after her victory.
Chryson further streamlined the AIP’s platform by softening its secessionist language. Instead of calling for immediate separation from the United States, the platform now demands a vote on independence.
Yet Chryson maintains that his party remains committed to full independence. “The Alaskan Independence Party has got links to almost every independence-minded movement in the world,” Chryson exclaimed. “And Alaska is not the only place that’s about separation. There’s at least 30 different states that are talking about some type of separation from the United States.” This has meant rubbing shoulders and forging alliances with outright white supremacists and far-right theocrats, particularly those who dominate the proceedings at such gatherings as the North American Secessionist conventions, which AIP delegates have attended in recent years.
After intense evangelizing by Chryson and his allies, they claimed Palin as a convert. “When she started taking her job seriously,” Chryson said, “the people who put her in as the rubber stamp found out the hard way that she was not going to go their way.” In 1994, Sarah Palin attended the AIP’s statewide convention. In 1995, her husband, Todd, changed his voter registration to AIP. Except for an interruption of a few months, he would remain registered was an AIP member until 2002, when he changed his registration to undeclared.
Just months before Palin burst onto the national stage as McCain’s vice-presidential nominee, she delivered a videotaped address to the AIP’s annual convention. Her message was scrupulously free of secessionist rhetoric, but complementary nonetheless. “I share your party’s vision of upholding the Constitution of our great state,” Palin told the assembly of AIP delegates. “My administration remains focused on reining in government growth so individual liberty can expand. I know you agree with that … Keep up the good work and God bless you.”

At a national convention of secessionist groups in 2007, AIP vice chairman Dexter Clark announced that his party would seek to “infiltrate” the Democratic and Republican parties with candidates sympathetic to its hard-right, secessionist agenda. “You should use that tactic. You should infiltrate,” Clark told his audience of neo-Confederates, theocrats and libertarians. “Whichever party you think in that area you can get something done, get into that party. Even though that party has its problems, right now that is the only avenue.”
Clark pointed to Palin’s political career as the model of a successful infiltration.
Now, Palin is a household name and her every move is scrutinized by the Washington press corps. She can no longer afford to kibitz with secessionists, however instrumental they may have been to her meteoric ascendancy. This does not trouble her old AIP allies. Indeed, Chryson is hopeful that Palin’s inauguration will also represent the start of a new infiltration.
Link: http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/10/10/palin_chryson/index1.html

BOTTOM LINE FOLKS, STUPID JOHN MCCAIN WAS USED BY PALIN AND RADICAL FRIENDS TO ACCESS THE WHITE HOUSE FOR THEIR PERSONAL AGENDA TO LEAVE THE UNITED STATES AND PUSH THEIR VIEWS ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. MCCAIN PROBABLY STILL DO NOT KNOW HE IS BEING USED AND BELIEVES HE IS USING SARAH TO GAIN THE WHITEHOUSE.
Looks like little miss hockey puck is the one who is a member of a sleeper cell against the United States. Kinda remind me the character Damien in the Omen doesn’t it?
Posted By: rwinger Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 06:59 PM
The definition of middle class and upper class continues to be fluid.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/low-richardson-pegs-middle-class-making/

These candidates are like waywards - you know when they lying when their mouths are moving.

Posted By: MrWondering Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by rwinger
The definition of middle class and upper class continues to be fluid.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/low-richardson-pegs-middle-class-making/

These candidates are like waywards - you know when they lying when their mouths are moving.

Well...one of the candidates isn't "like" a wayward.

He IS one.

So I'll take my chances with the other one.

Mr. W
Posted By: DIG Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:26 PM
Thank you Marsh.I appreciate the heads up. Mel just you know I didn't read the post. I read what Marsh had put up as the original post so I knew what it was about. I didn't read all the back and forth. I simply asked a question. Nothing more nothing less. I just trying to determine if you guys just like the debating and that is why you all keep going back and forth or if you were trying to accomplish something. Stop reading into everything so much. For the most part I pretty much say just what I mean. If you think it is deeper than what I claim it is all you. Nothing I can do about that. Happy Halloween you guys. I am off. Hope everyone has fun 2day. I know I plan to.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:28 PM
Wow, more McCain secrets revealed...

McCain's Role in Creating the Anti-Iraq Anthrax Hysteria
The federal government now admits that it has no evidence that Iraq took part in the anthrax attacks shortly after 9-11. For this reason, it is worth remembering that only days after the attacks, John McCain, was already singling out Iraq as a likely suspect and using this to justify war. Apparently, he was relying on inside information (who provided it?) when he made this claim.

In making these statements, of course, McCain played a key role in creating the climate of fear that led many Americans to support the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
Posted By: rwinger Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:35 PM
Journalists from three major newspapers that endorsed John McCain -- the Washington Times, the New York Post and the Dallas Morning News -- have been booted from Barack Obama's campaign plane for the final leg of the presidential race.

The Washington Times reported Friday that it was notified of the Obama campaign's decision Thursday evening -- even though the paper has covered Obama from the start.

Executive Editor John Solomon told FOXNews.com that the Obama campaign said it didn't have enough seats on the plane, but "I don't think the explanation makes sense to us."

"We've been traveling since 2007 with him. ... We're a relevant newspaper -- every day we break news," Solomon said. "And to suddenly be kicked off the plane for people who haven't covered it as aggressively or thoroughly as we are ... it sort of feels unfair."

He said the newspaper protested but was turned down again by the campaign.

"I can only hope that the candidate who describes himself as wanting to unite the nation doesn't have some sort of litmus test for who he decides gets to cover the campaign," Solomon said, noting that the Obama campaign's decision came just two days after the paper endorsed McCain.

The amazing thing is that the DMN was so pro-Obama during the course of the campaign.

I wonder if this normal BAU for campaigns. I cannot believe for a second that Clinton or Bush have given a litmus test for reporters. That Ellen reporter has had a front seat in the White House briefing room since FDR.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by DIG
For the most part I pretty much say just what I mean. If you think it is deeper than what I claim it is all you.

DIG, thanks for answering my question finally. I'm sorry it upset you so much, but I think when you ask others to justify themselves you should be willing explain WHY. I didn't want to guess at your reasoning; that is why I asked. Appreciate it.

Have a great Halloween!
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 07:44 PM
At least we know that even if McCain pulls this election out of his [censored], he won't be able to implement any of his ridiculous ideas.

The Democrats might even have the numbers in Congress to override his veto power at will.

Supreme court justices? Good luck getting a conservative approved by Congress.

McCain has already lost. He'll be the most lame of all lame duck presidents.
Posted By: rwinger Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:04 PM
Can you name even one thing Obama has accomplished for someone other than himself? Getting elected to something doesn’t count.

His resume would not past muster for most corporations. Obama is not a stupid man by any measure. Infact ihe has been brilliant on this campaign. There is a concern of how much and to whom he owes so much.

He seems to be moving to the center lately but will he stay there once the campaign is over and Reid and Pelosi start giving him his marching orders.

any way will be making popcorn Tues night to watch the results.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:07 PM
I wonder if this normal BAU for campaigns.

Sure is.

Sole Black Reporter Booted from McCain Event

Tallahassee Democrat senior writer Stephen Price was singled out and asked to leave the area reserved for media at a rally for John McCain in Panama City, Florida, on Friday. He had showed his media credentials and employee i.d. in order to enter the area when a member of McCain's security detail asked him to leave.

"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

When another reporter asked why Price was being removed, she too was led out of the area. Other state reporters remained.

Price was the only black reporter among those surrounding McCain's bus ... was he being "profiled"?

Tallahassee Democrat Executive Editor Bob Gabordi said the incident was unwarranted.

"We're deeply concerned and disturbed that our reporter — of all of those in that area — was asked to move," Gabordi said. "My understanding is that Stephen was the only reporter approached and asked to leave the area, and the only reporter in that area who is black. Another reporter who stood up for Stephen was then asked to leave."
Posted By: rwinger Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:15 PM
Yeah I figured it was ....

Although Clinton and Bush had so many enemy reporters - the plane would be empty.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:17 PM
"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

When another reporter asked why Price was being removed, she too was led out of the area. Other state reporters remained.

AGG, what is your source for this?

And apparently he was not the "sole reporter" removed. Your article claims:

There is no evidence that being black had anything to do with it and he was not the "sole reporter" removed. In the absence of any facts, for all we know, he did not have the proper security clearance. This article is devoid of FACTS so we are just left to wonder.

Do you have the source?
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:22 PM
Yeah I figured it was ....

Although Clinton and Bush had so many enemy reporters - the plane would be empty.

True grin.

AGG
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:23 PM
Can you name even one thing Obama has accomplished for someone other than himself? Getting elected to something doesn’t count.

His resume would not past muster for most corporations. Obama is not a stupid man by any measure. Infact ihe has been brilliant on this campaign. There is a concern of how much and to whom he owes so much.

He seems to be moving to the center lately but will he stay there once the campaign is over and Reid and Pelosi start giving him his marching orders.

any way will be making popcorn Tues night to watch the results.

I see it as a known vs. an unknown.

With McCain, you know what you're getting. I won't say 4 more years of Bush, because he isn't Bush, but 4 more years of Bush-like policies. That wouldn't automatically be a bad thing if the Bush administration hadn't been one of the worst ever.

With Obama, it's more of a roll of the dice. I think in a worst-case scenario, he'll be as inept as Bush, only different. He's highly intelligent, so that's doubtful. Maybe he'll be a great President. Nobody knows.

You are correct that Obama's resume is short, but I think that graduating at the top of your class at Harvard Law would get you a pretty decent gig.

I think the Democrats will play it smart. They are well aware that they will have no excuse for poor performace if Obama wins. This is "their shot", and if they screw the pooch it may be a long time before they get another chance. The Republicans are learning this hard lesson now.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:31 PM
AGG, what is your source for this?

link

This article is devoid of FACTS so we are just left to wonder.

Mel, that is precisely why I posted the quote. Marsh started this thread by cutting and pasting a blog that has absolutely no factual background. I asked her what was the point of pasting in stuff with no citings of facts, but she said she wants to keep doing that.

So I pasted a few of these quotes to highlight how silly it is to google stuff and cut and paste it without giving it a giggle test.

I prefer to have a factual discussion, not the cutting and pasting of political nonsensical drivel smile . But to each their own I guess.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:37 PM
AGG, but she presented hers as a BLOG entry and even gave the link, not an assertion of FACT. You did not. She has made it very clear what it is all along. You used that BLOG in a response to rightwinger as if it were FACT and didn't even mention it was a blog.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:44 PM
Mel, that is precisely why I posted the quote. Marsh started this thread by cutting and pasting a blog that has absolutely no factual background.

AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you? It is understood that a BLOG is nothing more than someone's personal opinion. It may or may not have any FACTS in it.

Therefore, it is not held to the same standard as a hard news piece. Did you know this?
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:47 PM
What difference does it make?

The original post was pathetic, anyway.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence. So, don't worry your pretty little head about it, Krazy. grin
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:52 PM
AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you?

Yeah, I do, thanks. Tell me again, which "hard news piece" did Marsh's post come from???

AGG
Posted By: rwinger Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:54 PM
Any comments ?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/obama-lays-plans-kill-expectations-election-victory/

Barack Obama's senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week's election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

The sudden financial crisis and the prospect of a deep and painful recession have increased the urgency inside the Obama team to bring people down to earth, after a campaign in which his soaring rhetoric and promises of "hope" and "change" are now confronted with the reality of a stricken economy.

Original source is The Times of London - I have been reading their articles and blogs when time is available - very interesting perspective from across the pond.

Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:56 PM
AGG, but she presented hers as a BLOG entry and even gave the link, not an assertion of FACT. You did not. She has made it very clear what it is all along. You used that BLOG in a response to rightwinger as if it were FACT and didn't even mention it was a blog.

This thread started (and continued) with Marsh's posting of BLOG entries, with no basis in fact.

So I (largely tongue in cheek) did the same thing when replying to rwinger.

If you see the absurdity of using blogs as valid facts, then you have understood my intent, which is good smile .

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:56 PM
AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you?

Yeah, I do, thanks. Tell me again, which "hard news piece" did Marsh's post come from???

AGG

What do you mean?
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:58 PM

Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence. So, don't worry your pretty little head about it, Krazy. grin

So, was it from a blog or not?

Now, you say it used facts and intelligence?

Please. Those straws conservatives are grasping at keep getting shorter and shorter.

Sarah Palin, a huge threat?

It is beneath Obama to even address a fool such as Palin.

Young women with aspirations towards the executive branch of government can thank her for setting them back a generation or so.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:58 PM
Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence.

Yeah, but I didn't see either of those in the original post...

AGG
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 08:59 PM

AGG

What do you mean?

I mean what is the "hard news piece" that Marsh quoted, if it were not a partisan BLOG?
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:00 PM

This thread started (and continued) with Marsh's posting of BLOG entries, with no basis in fact.

So I (largely tongue in cheek) did the same thing when replying to rwinger.

If you see the absurdity of using blogs as valid facts, then you have understood my intent, which is good smile .

AGG

But again, you indicate you don't understand the difference. That is my point. A BLOG is a collection of personal opinions, it is not a presentation of hard news presented as FACT. So there is a different standard.

Can you discern the difference?

And I would point out that you DID NOT ever identify your article as a BLOG, SHE DID. Go back and look at the first post on this thread:

.. .blog post from Hillbuzz.

NOWHERE did you identify yours as a blog, rather you tried to pass it off as FACT. Very disingenuous. frown

Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:01 PM
I didn't know Karl Rove had a sex change operation.

Now THERE'S a hard news story! rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:03 PM

Yeah, but I didn't see either of those in the original post...

AGG

Do you understand that she posted a BLOG? I think you are missing that point and don't understand the nature of a BLOG. A BLOG would be along the lines of DEAR DIARY. It is not supposed to be a FACT BASED hard news piece.

I feel like I am speaking to aliens. crazy
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:05 PM
I didn't know Karl Rove had a sex change operation.

Now THERE'S a hard news story! rotflmao

Krazy, I am so GRATEFUL that you represent the LEFT!! We wear your scorn like a badge of honor, brutha!! stickout
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:08 PM
NOWHERE did you identify yours as a blog, rather you tried to pass it off as FACT. Very disingenuous. frown

Yeah, OK, I guess my disclosure that I was posting "tongue in cheek" went over your head.

If you read the thread, which you apparently did not, I made it very clear how silly a war of copied blogs would be (I said " it would be nice to avoid getting bogged down in reposting blogs here"), and proceeded to illustrate that by using a few blog entries. If you could not see that I was making fun of the very blogs I posted by using phrases like "Wow, Marsh, look at this bit of info!! Brrr, scary, isn't it??? ", then you missed my intent. Oh well.

BTW, Marsh's posts after the first one did not include any disclaimer that they were blogs.

AGG
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:09 PM
If you believe this:

A BLOG would be along the lines of DEAR DIARY. It is not supposed to be a FACT BASED hard news piece.

Why did you post this?

You ARE talking to aliens...

we're all Earthlings, and you're from another galaxy entirely. rotflmao
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:10 PM
I feel like I am speaking to aliens. crazy

Mel, it's not that hard. I'll try to make it real simple: Marsh posted a blog. So did I. End of story. No conspiracy. Easy, right?

No intent to pretend that what I posted was a fact (although I see nothing to say that it was not true).

You can infer all you want, but you do that at your own peril, so don't blame me when you end up all alone in the left field.

AGG
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:11 PM
The only problem I see with your attempt at irony is that at least your blog entry had basis in fact:

Black Florida Reporter removal

Mr. W
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:13 PM

well, here is your exact post, AGG, and nowhere does it say it was a blog or done "tongue in cheek." Rather, it was posted as a serious response to rightwinger. I guess I don't get it.

Sure is.

Tallahassee Democrat senior writer Stephen Price was singled out and asked to leave the area reserved for media at a rally for John McCain in Panama City, Florida, on Friday. He had showed his media credentials and employee i.d. in order to enter the area when a member of McCain's security detail asked him to leave.

Price was the only black reporter among those surrounding McCain's bus ... was he being "profiled"?

Tallahassee Democrat Executive Editor Bob Gabordi said the incident was unwarranted.

"We're deeply concerned and disturbed that our reporter — of all of those in that area — was asked to move," Gabordi said. "My understanding is that Stephen was the only reporter approached and asked to leave the area, and the only reporter in that area who is black. Another reporter who stood up for Stephen was then asked to leave."
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:15 PM
The only problem I see with your attempt at irony is that at least your blog entry had basis in fact:

Mr. W

Precisely. It is also documented here.

So my irony that has given Mel so much heartache appears to be factual, in contrast to the "secret Sarah" conspriacy that started this thread.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:16 PM

Mr. W

Not really, the blog implies he was removed because he was black; there is no such evidence. I would also add that Keith Obermann is not even as reliable as Rush Limbaugh. HE is a party hack for Obama.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:16 PM
I guess I don't get it.

What is your beef, Mel? That the post was not factual? You now have two links that show it as fact. So what's eating you still?

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:18 PM
So my irony that has given Mel so much heartache appears to be factual, in contrast to the "secret Sarah" conspriacy that started this thread.

AGG

No, I don't question that he was removed, I question the completely unfounded MOONBAT OPINION that it was done because he is BLACK. There are no facts that would support any such assertion. It is moonbat nonsense.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:20 PM
I guess I don't get it.

What is your beef, Mel? That the post was not factual? You now have two links that show it as fact. So what's eating you still?

AGG

No, it is not fact that he was removed because he was BLACK. Nor do we know WHY he was removed. We only know what he says.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:20 PM
There are no facts that would support any such assertion. It is moonbat nonsense.

Yup. But no more MOONBAT NONSENSE than to say that the three reporters were removed from Obama's plane because they endorsed McCain. Which is the post that I was replying to.

Works both ways, Mel.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:22 PM
I guess I don't get it.

AGG

What is eating me is that a) it is NOT FACT and b) you disingenuously hid the fact that it was a nothing more than a BLOG and didn't admit that until I asked.

You presented a BLOG as a hard news piece.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:24 PM
No, it is not fact that he was removed because he was BLACK. Nor do we know WHY he was removed. We only know what he says.

Well, since you keep changing what it is that you are complaining about, I am not sure what more you want. First you say that I did not cite a source, so I did. Then you said that it was not a fact and that I was trying to pass it of as one, which I did not. Then I give you a source, and you say that the source may be biased. I give you another source, and you say that there is no proof that he was removed because he was black. I think we are going in circles here, Mel.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:25 PM
There are no facts that would support any such assertion. It is moonbat nonsense.

Yup. But no more MOONBAT NONSENSE than to say that the three reporters were removed from Obama's plane because they endorsed McCain. Which is the post that I was replying to.

Works both ways, Mel.

AGG

This is how you justify posting an unidentified BLOG with a completely unfounded racial SLUR? WOW crazy

Well, I will be sure to ask for sources on everything you post now given your disingenuousness here.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:25 PM

Please show me where I did that, and I will eat my words and apologize profusely. If you cannot, perhaps you should do the same.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:27 PM

Well, since you keep changing what it is that you are complaining about, I am not sure what more you want. First you say that I did not cite a source, so I did. Then you said that it was not a fact and that I was trying to pass it of as one, which I did not. Then I give you a source, and you say that the source may be biased. I give you another source, and you say that there is no proof that he was removed because he was black. I think we are going in circles here, Mel.

AGG

AGG, lets not confuse the issue here: you posted a BLOG as FACT and did not identify your source until ASKED. That is not a circle, but a linear line straight to your disingenuousness.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:28 PM

Please show me where I did that, and I will eat my words and apologize profusely. If you cannot, perhaps you should do the same.

AGG

You know exactly what you did, AGG. Be a man here.
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:28 PM
This is how you justify posting an unidentified BLOG with a completely unfounded racial SLUR? WOW crazy

What are you talking about ???
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:29 PM

I see. So you cannot find where I passed it off as fact, as expected. So I accept your apology smile .

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:31 PM
AGG, here is your response to rightwinger again. Nowhere did you say this was a BLOG - you presented this a factual response to his post, and did not admit it was just a blog until I asked:

Sure is.

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:32 PM

I see. So you cannot find where I passed it off as fact, as expected. So I accept your apology smile .

AGG

I take that as your admission *****edit****** wink
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:34 PM
you presented this a factual response to his post

I did no such thing. I said nothing to imply/suggest/indicate that it was factual, it was simply a quote.

You went off the reservation all by yourself with that one. Do not blame me for your own interpretations.

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:36 PM
you presented this a factual response to his post

I did no such thing. I said nothing to imply/suggest/indicate that it was factual, it was simply a quote.

I gotcha! So when you post something we are supposed to NEVER presume it is FACTUAL if it comes from you?

In other words, your posts are NOT FACTS unless you STATE THEY ARE FACTS!? rotflmao
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:37 PM
This is just too much! grin Note to self, AGG does not stand behind anything he posts! crazy
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:39 PM
I gotcha! So when you post something we are supposed to NEVER presume it is FACTUAL if it comes from you?

Uh, yeah, duh. Discussion forums are an exchange of opinions, Mel. Is that news to you?

In other words, your posts are NOT FACTS unless you STATE THEY ARE FACTS!? rotflmao

You betcha. wink

AGG
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:42 PM
Uh, yeah, duh. Discussion forums are an exchange of opinions, Mel. Is that news to you?

Is that a FACT? Or not a FACT? skeptical
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:44 PM
This is just too much! grin Note to self, AGG does not stand behind anything he posts! crazy

Note to self, ****EDIT**** for posting stuff as facts without citing sources:

Then why the hysterical push to cover up his record and destroy anyone who questions him or tries to examine his record? Anyone who questions or examines his record is trashed and maligned and the questions never get answered. Just look at what these thugs did to Joe the Plumber? Why in the world would this voter be trashed for asking Obama a question? Why is he being mocked and sneered at by democrats? We have Ohio state officials [democrats] using govt resources to DIG UP DIRT on this man. If that is not an eggregious abuse of power I don't know what is. These ppl are nothing more than a band of THUGS who are too dangerous to be trusted in positions of power.
Posted By: Choctaw Re: Interesting - 10/31/08 09:44 PM
Another one bites the dust. LOCKED!
© Marriage Builders® Forums