Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
MelodyLane #2151417 10/31/08 03:58 PM
K
K
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Krazy71
What difference does it make?

The original post was pathetic, anyway.

Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence. So, don't worry your pretty little head about it, Krazy. grin

So, was it from a blog or not?

Now, you say it used facts and intelligence?

Please. Those straws conservatives are grasping at keep getting shorter and shorter.

Sarah Palin, a huge threat?

It is beneath Obama to even address a fool such as Palin.

Young women with aspirations towards the executive branch of government can thank her for setting them back a generation or so.

Divorced
MelodyLane #2151418 10/31/08 03:58 PM
A
A
Well, it should make a difference to anyone who uses FACTS and intelligence.

Yeah, but I didn't see either of those in the original post...

AGG

MelodyLane #2151420 10/31/08 03:59 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by AGoodGuy
AGG, you do understand the difference between a BLOG and hard news piece, don't you?

Yeah, I do, thanks. Tell me again, which "hard news piece" did Marsh's post come from???

AGG

What do you mean?

I mean what is the "hard news piece" that Marsh quoted, if it were not a partisan BLOG?

AGoodGuy #2151422 10/31/08 04:00 PM
M
M
AGG, but she presented hers as a BLOG entry and even gave the link, not an assertion of FACT. You did not. She has made it very clear what it is all along. You used that BLOG in a response to rightwinger as if it were FACT and didn't even mention it was a blog.

This thread started (and continued) with Marsh's posting of BLOG entries, with no basis in fact.

So I (largely tongue in cheek) did the same thing when replying to rwinger.

If you see the absurdity of using blogs as valid facts, then you have understood my intent, which is good smile .

AGG

But again, you indicate you don't understand the difference. That is my point. A BLOG is a collection of personal opinions, it is not a presentation of hard news presented as FACT. So there is a different standard.

Can you discern the difference?

And I would point out that you DID NOT ever identify your article as a BLOG, SHE DID. Go back and look at the first post on this thread:

Originally Posted by Marshmallow
.. .blog post from Hillbuzz.

NOWHERE did you identify yours as a blog, rather you tried to pass it off as FACT. Very disingenuous. frown

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151425 10/31/08 04:01 PM
K
K
I didn't know Karl Rove had a sex change operation.

Now THERE'S a hard news story! rotflmao

Divorced
AGoodGuy #2151428 10/31/08 04:03 PM
M
M

Yeah, but I didn't see either of those in the original post...

AGG

Do you understand that she posted a BLOG? I think you are missing that point and don't understand the nature of a BLOG. A BLOG would be along the lines of DEAR DIARY. It is not supposed to be a FACT BASED hard news piece.

I feel like I am speaking to aliens. crazy

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Krazy71 #2151435 10/31/08 04:05 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I didn't know Karl Rove had a sex change operation.

Now THERE'S a hard news story! rotflmao

Krazy, I am so GRATEFUL that you represent the LEFT!! We wear your scorn like a badge of honor, brutha!! stickout

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151437 10/31/08 04:08 PM
A
A
NOWHERE did you identify yours as a blog, rather you tried to pass it off as FACT. Very disingenuous. frown

Yeah, OK, I guess my disclosure that I was posting "tongue in cheek" went over your head.

If you read the thread, which you apparently did not, I made it very clear how silly a war of copied blogs would be (I said " it would be nice to avoid getting bogged down in reposting blogs here"), and proceeded to illustrate that by using a few blog entries. If you could not see that I was making fun of the very blogs I posted by using phrases like "Wow, Marsh, look at this bit of info!! Brrr, scary, isn't it??? ", then you missed my intent. Oh well.

BTW, Marsh's posts after the first one did not include any disclaimer that they were blogs.

AGG

MelodyLane #2151441 10/31/08 04:09 PM
K
K
If you believe this:

A BLOG would be along the lines of DEAR DIARY. It is not supposed to be a FACT BASED hard news piece.

Why did you post this?

You ARE talking to aliens...

we're all Earthlings, and you're from another galaxy entirely. rotflmao

Divorced
MelodyLane #2151443 10/31/08 04:10 PM
A
A
I feel like I am speaking to aliens. crazy

Mel, it's not that hard. I'll try to make it real simple: Marsh posted a blog. So did I. End of story. No conspiracy. Easy, right?

No intent to pretend that what I posted was a fact (although I see nothing to say that it was not true).

You can infer all you want, but you do that at your own peril, so don't blame me when you end up all alone in the left field.

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151444 10/31/08 04:11 PM
M
M
The only problem I see with your attempt at irony is that at least your blog entry had basis in fact:

Black Florida Reporter removal

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
AGoodGuy #2151446 10/31/08 04:13 PM
M
M

well, here is your exact post, AGG, and nowhere does it say it was a blog or done "tongue in cheek." Rather, it was posted as a serious response to rightwinger. I guess I don't get it.

Originally Posted by rwinger
I wonder if this normal BAU for campaigns.

Sure is.

Sole Black Reporter Booted from McCain Event

Tallahassee Democrat senior writer Stephen Price was singled out and asked to leave the area reserved for media at a rally for John McCain in Panama City, Florida, on Friday. He had showed his media credentials and employee i.d. in order to enter the area when a member of McCain's security detail asked him to leave.

"I explained I was with the state press, but the Secret Service man said that didn't matter and that I would have to go," Price said.

When another reporter asked why Price was being removed, she too was led out of the area. Other state reporters remained.

Price was the only black reporter among those surrounding McCain's bus ... was he being "profiled"?

Tallahassee Democrat Executive Editor Bob Gabordi said the incident was unwarranted.

"We're deeply concerned and disturbed that our reporter — of all of those in that area — was asked to move," Gabordi said. "My understanding is that Stephen was the only reporter approached and asked to leave the area, and the only reporter in that area who is black. Another reporter who stood up for Stephen was then asked to leave."

Exposure 101

A
A
Originally Posted by MrWondering
The only problem I see with your attempt at irony is that at least your blog entry had basis in fact:

Mr. W

Precisely. It is also documented here.

So my irony that has given Mel so much heartache appears to be factual, in contrast to the "secret Sarah" conspriacy that started this thread.

AGG

M
M
Originally Posted by MrWondering

Mr. W

Not really, the blog implies he was removed because he was black; there is no such evidence. I would also add that Keith Obermann is not even as reliable as Rush Limbaugh. HE is a party hack for Obama.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151451 10/31/08 04:16 PM
A
A
I guess I don't get it.

What is your beef, Mel? That the post was not factual? You now have two links that show it as fact. So what's eating you still?

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151453 10/31/08 04:18 PM
M
M
So my irony that has given Mel so much heartache appears to be factual, in contrast to the "secret Sarah" conspriacy that started this thread.

AGG

No, I don't question that he was removed, I question the completely unfounded MOONBAT OPINION that it was done because he is BLACK. There are no facts that would support any such assertion. It is moonbat nonsense.

Exposure 101

AGoodGuy #2151455 10/31/08 04:20 PM
M
M
I guess I don't get it.

What is your beef, Mel? That the post was not factual? You now have two links that show it as fact. So what's eating you still?

AGG

No, it is not fact that he was removed because he was BLACK. Nor do we know WHY he was removed. We only know what he says.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151456 10/31/08 04:20 PM
A
A
There are no facts that would support any such assertion. It is moonbat nonsense.

Yup. But no more MOONBAT NONSENSE than to say that the three reporters were removed from Obama's plane because they endorsed McCain. Which is the post that I was replying to.

Works both ways, Mel.

AGG

AGoodGuy #2151457 10/31/08 04:22 PM
M
M
I guess I don't get it.

AGG

What is eating me is that a) it is NOT FACT and b) you disingenuously hid the fact that it was a nothing more than a BLOG and didn't admit that until I asked.

You presented a BLOG as a hard news piece.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2151462 10/31/08 04:24 PM
A
A
No, it is not fact that he was removed because he was BLACK. Nor do we know WHY he was removed. We only know what he says.

Well, since you keep changing what it is that you are complaining about, I am not sure what more you want. First you say that I did not cite a source, so I did. Then you said that it was not a fact and that I was trying to pass it of as one, which I did not. Then I give you a source, and you say that the source may be biased. I give you another source, and you say that there is no proof that he was removed because he was black. I think we are going in circles here, Mel.

AGG

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation