Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
N
Originally Posted by cinderella
Originally Posted by NMDreams
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/platform.asp

BILL COSBY IS NOT A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT
"I am not a write-in candidate for President. The statement purportedly from me stating that I am a candidate is a hoax. The platform attributed to me (and at various times to Robin Williams, Andy Rooney and George Carlin) does not represent my views and in many respects is abhorrent to me. Apparently those bloggers and websites who continue to spread this hoax do not care to do even minimal fact checking." -- Bill Cosby
September 26, 2008

:twobyfour:

NM, in case you were unaware, Mr. Cosby is a comedian. Chill, buster. It is my opinion that you might need to learn about joking and comedy and satire.

Did you honestly check that on Snopes? :RollieEyes:

:twobyfour:

I check practically everything I read here out on Snopes.

Mr. Cosby, who knows quite a bit about joking and comedy and satire, does not want that platform associated with his name.

C
C
It seems to me, NM, that most of your posts are grumpy gus posts. puke

N
N
Originally Posted by cinderella
It seems to me, NM, that most of your posts are grumpy gus posts.

That is true, and it is also not a reason to disrespect Bill Cosby's wishes about associating his name with something he didn't write and with much of which he doesn't agree.

M
M
NM:

Thanks for your support. I appreciated you speaking up today.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
J
Administrator
Administrator
J
Please stay on topic-------

TOPIC

I voted early today!!!

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
J
J
I encourage everyone to vote for the candidate that they feel can keep our country secure for the next four years.

I truly hope everyone votes for the candidate they THINK can keep our country secure for the next four years. This is entirely too important a decision to be based on emotions, or to be based on a single issue. We need someone who can navigate a way out of the mess that we are in now. A poor economy IS a threat to national security, as are a lot of other issues. We are in an awful mess. I sure hope the future is brighter by tomorrow night.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
S
S
Originally Posted by jayne241
[quote]
I truly hope everyone votes for the candidate they THINK can keep our country secure for the next four years. This is entirely too important a decision to be based on emotions, or to be based on a single issue. We need someone who can navigate a way out of the mess that we are in now. A poor economy IS a threat to national security, as are a lot of other issues. We are in an awful mess. I sure hope the future is brighter by tomorrow night.

I'm not American BUT ...

I am so excited about this election. The last 2 I watched with dread, but this time is so different.
I was out and about today and noticed BO's face on so many publications, not 1 of McCain that I saw.

Good Luck America, I have faith you will choose wisely for us all! I'll be glued to my TV watching the result.

J
J
Good Luck America, I have faith you will choose wisely for us all!

Thanks! Yes, for better or worse there are global effects to the U.S. election. Hopefully this time it will be for better.

I keep telling my Canadian in-laws that they should've sent ppl to monitor the elections the same way the U.S. sometimes does for other smaller nations. Who knows how different the world would have been today.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
J
J
Here's a question re. early voting: If someone votes early, and then they die before Election Day, what happens? Since the ballots are anonymous, there's no way to rescind their vote.

Also: my mom's birthday was today, the day before Election Day. If she were just turning 18, would she have been able to vote early last week?

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
N
N
Originally Posted by mimi_here
NM:

Thanks for your support. I appreciated you speaking up today.

You're welcome.

J
J
I also did not vote early as I enjoy watching my vote count whichever way the election goes.

I do have a question that perhaps someone can answer for me???

Why exactly are we not critical of the Democratic Party for the horrible economic mess we are in? If I am not mistaken don't THEY have a majority in both the House of Representatives AND the Senate for the past TWO YEARS and have still not introduced a bill that would have helped to avoid this crisis?

Why in the world when they haven't done anything for TWO YEARS do we think they will do something that would be effective now???

Being as that the President does not INTRODUCE bills and can only VETO bills that are passed by Congress WHICH Democratic sponsored bill DID HE VETO and was not overridden that would have saved us from this horrible economic crisis???

I enjoy FACT based information to make intelligent decisions on who to vote for. If someone can show me the bill that the Democrats introduced that would have saved us from this crisis that Bush vetoed and they failed to override I would appreciate it. skeptical

Last edited by Jim_Flint; 11/04/08 06:32 AM.

FWW 48 had EA and PA affair with my brother which ended in 2006. Me BH 53. Happily recovering with a new and better marriage through MB!!! My thread - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2110024#Post2110024
P
P
My daughter is studying in Europe at the moment. She says that everyone over there is talking about the election. People are very pro-Obama and come right out and ask her (in a fairly aggressive way)how she is voting. She says that their attitude is a big turnoff, even though she cast her ballot for Obama.

I vote today and so does my husband. In the past, we have always cancelled each other's vote out.

B
B
Also: my mom's birthday was today, the day before Election Day. If she were just turning 18, would she have been able to vote early last week?

I "think" the answer is no. She would have to be 18 on the day that she voted. A person turning 18 on election day can register at their polling place on the day of the election.

ba109
C
C
Jayne, there is a time cutoff for being able to vote today. Not sure what it was, but D18's boyfriend turned 18 on Oct. 18, and he was beyond the cutoff, so he couldn't vote.

My D18 did, though! She was so excited! She's keeping the little slip of paper they gave her with her voting number for a keepsake.

ETA, at least that's the law here. It may be different in different states.

Last edited by catperson; 11/04/08 09:18 AM.
J
J
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure, but I *think* when I registered where I am now, I had to sign a statement that I would be 18 on or before Nov. 4. So maybe at least here you could register before turning 18 as long as you would be 18 on or before election day.

I still wonder what happens if someone votes early and then dies.

Last edited by jayne241; 11/04/08 11:49 AM. Reason: ETA: Congrats to DD18!

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
M
M
Here's a question re. early voting: If someone votes early, and then they die before Election Day, what happens? Since the ballots are anonymous, there's no way to rescind their vote.

Obama's grandmother voted absentee, her vote will count.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation