Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
W
W
So what margin of victory does Obama have to win by so we don't have to hear this ridiculous rhetoric for the next 4 years that the only reason Obama won was because of his race?

I personally know 3 people that refused to even listen to Obama's message based simply on the color of his skin. In the end, I do believe that the flip side of the coin will cancel each other out and it will be the remaining majority of our population that will decide this election. Not because of Obama's race, but because he was the better candidate for this time in our country's future.

I believe he will win because he ran the better campaign. He stayed on message and showed a true understanding of all the issues that this country faces. He was open and honest even about his plans that may be unpopular like the coal industry. Where McCain was vague in is plans and hide behind smear and fear politics. Fortunately for America, those kind of campaign tactics are no longer going to guarantee an easy victory.

Want2Stay

M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by PTU/MEDC
FH, don't forget BET (Black Entertainment Television), Black Movie Awards, NAACP Awards, etc, etc.

Oh good grief! Surely you aren't implying that this is racism??? faint Just because the "other" stations or award shows weren't called "white" doesn't mean that isn't what they have been for YEARS and YEARS...There was no need to call a station "White Entertainment Television" or an award show "White Movie Awards" etc...They already WERE that...Whites have been the dominant race in this country forever...

This stuff is making my stomach churn... sick

Mrs. W

If it is okay to have a station, award show or anything else called Black...it SHOULD be okay t have one that is called the same for whites. How do you think that would go over????? Seriously, how do you think WET would be received tomorrow??? How about the WHITE Movie Awards?

Whites have been the dominant race in this country...yes. A group that has but 12% of the population should NOT be dominant. Many whites have mistreated blacks...and just as many blacks have mistreated whites.*** That does not excuse open or hidden racism or hypocrisy.

*** 2002 DOJ Statistics (remember when looking at this that blacks represent only 12% of the population).

1,916,380 black on white crimes
362,784 white on black crimes

Last edited by protecttheunborn; 11/04/08 10:52 AM.
JoJo422 #2153033 11/04/08 10:18 AM
W
W
Originally Posted by JoJo422
GOOOOOOO Steelers.... hurray

Pissburgh Sucks! rotflmao

Boy does this explain a lot.

Want2Stay

P.S. Just teasing a little. Diehard Cleveland sports fan. One of these days we will win a championship. sigh

M
M
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
So what margin of victory does Obama have to win by so we don't have to hear this ridiculous rhetoric for the next 4 years that the only reason Obama won was because of his race?

I personally know 3 people that refused to even listen to Obama's message based simply on the color of his skin. In the end, I do believe that the flip side of the coin will cancel each other out and it will be the remaining majority of our population that will decide this election. Not because of Obama's race, but because he was the better candidate for this time in our country's future.

I believe he will win because he ran the better campaign. He stayed on message and showed a true understanding of all the issues that this country faces. He was open and honest even about his plans that may be unpopular like the coal industry. Where McCain was vague in is plans and hide behind smear and fear politics. Fortunately for America, those kind of campaign tactics are no longer going to guarantee an easy victory.

Want2Stay

Obama has run a MUCH better campaign. He CAN'T win solely because of race.

Due to his extreme positions, his victory today will not assure him even one day in office. History has shown that extreme positions on either side basically points a bulleye on ones back. We saw it with Lincoln, Kennedy and Reagan.

M
M
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Mr. Wondering IS right. A LOT of Black voters ARE voting for "now it's OUR time" for power.

That's a mistatement. A LOT of American voters ARE voting for "now it's OUR time" for power.

No more Bush.

Power for the PEOPLE (white, black, red, yellow, etc.) instead of for the corporations.

And we've seen the "attitude" toward many Conservative Blacks..."not good enough" because they have "abandoned their people," whatever that means.

That's easy..."conservatism" whether it be the democratic party of the 1800's through 1960 or the current republican party, has failed & oppressed the black community. The last 8 years of Bushism has decimated our inner cities and black communities (many white and mixed communities as well but disproportionately, the black communities). The "conservative" push for "states rights" instills fear amongst the black community as they know all to well how many particular states would choose to treat their minorities were they to completely lose the protection of the federal government (all 3 branches). The "conservative" allegiances to big corporations scares many blacks as there are significant glass ceilings precluding advancement for blacks (unless, of course, they act a certain way and take on a white demeanor...then they can skyrocket to the, near, top).

I'm paraphrasing. There's a lot more to it but I thought I'd give a few reasons since you didn't seem to understand at all. Hope this helps.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
F
OP Offline
F

Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by PTU/MEDC
FH, don't forget BET (Black Entertainment Television), Black Movie Awards, NAACP Awards, etc, etc.

Oh good grief! Surely you aren't implying that this is racism??? faint Just because the "other" stations or award shows weren't called "white" doesn't mean that isn't what they have been for YEARS and YEARS...There was no need to call a station "White Entertainment Television" or an award show "White Movie Awards" etc...They already WERE that...Whites have been the dominant race in this country forever...

This stuff is making my stomach churn... sick

Mrs. W

Mrs. Wondering, yes, because many were founded by White people to provide entertainment to the masses, beginning in many cases when there was still rampant racism in the country. But that has changed.

In much the same way that "Affirmative Action" sought to include Blacks in the educational system, even though it meant some White students would be affected by the reverse discrimination. (And I was one of those who was affected by Affirmative Action, so I have personal experience with it). One of the "problems" with that system has become evident over the years, in that "more qualified" students were denied admission. Barack is for reforming education, then reform based on achievement and merit would seem to be good place to start, but he is against that and FOR the Chicago Teachers Union, despite the pleas from Black students that they get more schooling and not the short (shortchanging the students) school days and short school year.

Yes, even Baseball WAS segregated, but no longer is it and if you look at MOST sports, like Basketball, Football, Baseball, there are a LOT of Black players, sometimes almost exclusively Black (as in Basketball).

But let's be honest here, the continued presence of this "racial distinction" in things IS a perpetuation of racism and divisiveness.

There is, as just one example, the Miss America pageant. It is OPEN to all women, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Then there is the Miss Black America pageant. Guess which one DOES discriminate based SOLELY upon Race?

This sort of thing is perpetuated NOT by the "White Establishment," but by Blacks who WANT to keep dividing the country along racial lines.

Now I suppose one could argue that there are 90+ percent of Black voters who are "died-in-the-wool liberals" and who are voting for a liberal agenda and only <10% of Black voters who are "conservative" and would vote for a conservative candidate, but if the "White" population is indicative of the "split among voters" along "liberal and conservative" lines, it is doubtful that you'd get anywhere 90% in either group.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that there is MORE than just "political ideology or philosophy" is going on here.

P
P
I'm going to quit my job now.

Cause he's gonna pay my bills. laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
This sort of thing is perpetuated NOT by the "White Establishment," but by Blacks who WANT to keep dividing the country along racial lines.

Exactly.

Pariah #2153048 11/04/08 10:37 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Pariah

hmmmm...I may have to consider joining you.

I'm sick of paying taxes to support things I don't believe in.

Maybe we could even get a new politcal party started....

The SitOnYourDuffAndLiveOffOthers Party.

Or maybe the COVET party...I want what is yours so I'll take it.

Time out. I have to go VOTE. Sorry y'all who want to take from those who have worked for their money and give it to those who haven't. "From each according to his ability to each according to his need." (who gets to determine who "each" is?)

medc #2153052 11/04/08 10:38 AM
M
M
I believe in focusing on the POSITIVE in ALL PEOPLE regardless of COLOR..

It's SAD that we are focusing on the NEGATIVE...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Pariah #2153053 11/04/08 10:39 AM
H
H
me 2. I can't believe how much faith you guys have in the president. the real power is the senate and congress. the president does very little. how many presidents have you seen writing legislation? plus they are both politicians saying what the need to get elected. i can't wait to see how much 'change' really occur.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
M
M
I have FAITH and HOPE for the FUTURE...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
medc #2153055 11/04/08 10:40 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by protecttheunborn
Whites have been the dominant race in this country...yes. A group that has but 12% of the population should NOT be dominant. Many whites have mistreated blacks...and just as many blacks have mistreated whites. That does not excuse open or hidden racism or hypocrisy.

"just as many blacks have mistreated whites"????

mmmmmm, no.

W

p.s. - it's statements like these which help me and others completely understand reverse racism (which really is a misnomer as it's not generally motivated by intolerance nor supremacy but fear and suspicion). I'm surprised my black friends and neighbors even speak to me.

p.p.s. - Just because television shows and programming wasn't called "white" doesn't mean they weren't.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
Pariah #2153056 11/04/08 10:43 AM
M
M

Hey, if I am going to get free healthcare and government handouts, I think I will quit as well. Obama will put gas in my tank and pay for my mortgage.

puke

M
M
Why can't there be COMPASSION for Peggy Joseph? Surely we all know that the President will not pay her mortgage...

But what's wrong with her having A DAY IN THE SUN?

I'm HAPPY for HER having such a great day!!

H
H
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I have FAITH and HOPE for the FUTURE...

me too but i don't have any faith in either candidate nor the rest of the political a holes in washington. until the people stop putting up witht their B$ nothing will change.

In fact, both have been in the senate for quite some time and what have they done. obama has been there 4 years and mccain for a he77 of a lot longer. but they the dems have had control the last 4 years and everyone blames bush for everything b/c they are trying to get elected and things have went bad. i sure as he77 don't remebmer in 2005 or 2006 when people where buying houses they could not afford anyone wanting 'change' (like denying the loan). that would make too much sense.

Last edited by HURTandSHOCKED; 11/04/08 10:49 AM. Reason: added last paragraph

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
M
M
Those like the woman on the video will benefit from Obama's win but will not be the CAUSE for it.

J
J
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by JoJo422
GOOOOOOO Steelers.... hurray

Pissburgh Sucks! rotflmao

Boy does this explain a lot.

Want2Stay

P.S. Just teasing a little. Diehard Cleveland sports fan. One of these days we will win a championship. sigh

That explains your comment. My husband hates Cleveland.... grin

MEN and their sports....there is life away from sports guys

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
Pariah #2153066 11/04/08 10:55 AM
W
W

Thanks for stoking the fear. Posting a 26 second video clip and insinuating that the lady depicted is a lazy-do-nothing just furthers the cause of those that see right through this type of attact.

Like the rest of America wasn't struggling to put gas in their car or pay their mortgage. You got it right, 10% of the population is dragging down the entire economy. :RollieEyes:

Want2Stay

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I believe in focusing on the POSITIVE in ALL PEOPLE regardless of COLOR..

It's SAD that we are focusing on the NEGATIVE...

Oh come on Mimi!

You wouldn't even watch the young man's video because he didn't dress the way you "like" to see people dressed.

So please don't start with this whining about "negatives."

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation