Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
M
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I believe in focusing on the POSITIVE in ALL PEOPLE regardless of COLOR..

It's SAD that we are focusing on the NEGATIVE...

Oh come on Mimi!

You wouldn't even watch the young man's video because he didn't dress the way you "like" to see people dressed.

So please don't start with this whining about "negatives."

LMAO.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by Pariah
I'm going to quit my job now.

Cause he's gonna pay my bills. laugh

Thanks for stoking the fear. Posting a 26 second video clip and insinuating that the lady depicted is a lazy-do-nothing just furthers the cause of those that see right through this type of attact.

Like the rest of America wasn't struggling to put gas in their car or pay their mortgage. You got it right, 10% of the population is dragging down the entire economy. :RollieEyes:

Want2Stay

Uh huh.

And I wonder how many members of Congress are themselves IN that "ugly 10%" that has been dragging down the entire economy?

Tell you what, let me keep my taxes that the government confiscates, and maybe I COULD pay my mortgage AND put gas in my tank since they have not allowed any drilling or refineries or anything else for that matter that might have led to independence instead of dependence upon countries who don't like us very much to DICTATE the cost of oil.

You want an "economic plan" that just MIGHT help all the middle class who DO pay taxes?

STOP ALL foreign aid for 1 to 5 years and return the money to the people who have paid taxes. START with "charity begins at home," and let the people decide for themselves who to help.

M
M
STOP ALL foreign aid for 1 to 5 years and return the money to the people who have paid taxes. START with "charity begins at home," and let the people decide for themselves who to help.

BINGO!

P
P
Obama's already calling for the destruction of the power industry, calling for Goose Stepping Jackbooted Brown Shirts to patrol the streets under the guise of "security", going to take people's hard EARNED money and buy the freeloaders' votes.

"The Kreignacht is coming again." That's an exact quote from the owner's mother here who survived Nazi Germany as a little girl.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Pariah #2153083 11/04/08 11:24 AM
M
M
I don't think I'm the one that's gonna be whining today!!

rotflmao

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
Pariah #2153085 11/04/08 11:32 AM
J
J

WOOOOOHOOOOOO....nobody told me that I'm not going to have to worry about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car......

I'm turning in my 2 weeks notice tomorrow since Obama is going to SAVE US ALL. faint

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
J
J
Originally Posted by Want2Stay

Thanks for stoking the fear. Posting a 26 second video clip and insinuating that the lady depicted is a lazy-do-nothing just furthers the cause of those that see right through this type of attact.

Like the rest of America wasn't struggling to put gas in their car or pay their mortgage. You got it right, 10% of the population is dragging down the entire economy. :RollieEyes:

Want2Stay

I do not believe that this clip insinuated that she was a"lazy-do-nothing".

What I got from this clip was that there are people that think that Obama is GOING TO SAVE US ALL....well maybe not all of us, just those that make under a certain amount

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
Pariah #2153102 11/04/08 11:54 AM
N
N
Obama's already calling for the destruction of the power industry, calling for Goose Stepping Jackbooted Brown Shirts to patrol the streets under the guise of "security", going to take people's hard EARNED money and buy the freeloaders' votes.

"The Kreignacht is coming again." That's an exact quote from the owner's mother here who survived Nazi Germany as a little girl.

So you're saying Obama has the skinhead vote all sewn up, then.

P
P
Originally Posted by NMDreams
So you're saying Obama has the skinhead vote all sewn up, then.

No skinheads were around in NG. :RollieEyes:

But people wanting CHANGE and listening to promises of BLAMING those who were better off than his supporters for their ills.

F
OP Offline
F
I don't think I'm the one that's gonna be whining today!!

rotflmao

Mimi - I'm sorry you think that the future of our country and the lives our our unborn babies is so funny.

But I DO "get you."

I simply disagee with you.

E
E
Why can't there be COMPASSION for Peggy Joseph? Surely we all know that the President will not pay her mortgage...

But what's wrong with her having A DAY IN THE SUN?

I'm HAPPY for HER having such a great day!!

I'm sad if she really thinks Obama will take these worries away. The compassion is because she really believes that Obama will make those concerns go away.

If that's what she really believes, that she won't have to worry about gas or her mortgage, then she is deluded.

Why would anyone in their right mind just want to be be happy with her?

It's like saying to someone who believes Santa Claus is going to bring the #1 toy, when we know that "Santa" can't afford to buy the toy that has been sold out for years, that we should just be happy for them.

Why should I be happy that someone is likely going to be disappointed, or has unrealistic expectations.

Life is not just about emotions. Just because she feels happy and is having a great day doesn't mean that day or those feelings are built on a solid foundation.

Here at this website, we see the aftermath of emotional lead decisions based on fantasy feelings.

How is what she saying any different from fog babble of a wayward spouse? Both believe the bad can not happen to them. That this OM/OW/Candidate is different from the others. That they'll meet all of my needs, take my worries etc.

Sorry, I see her thinking in this interview to be little different from the wayward spouse who is agog about her affair and how fun and full of hope it is.

We all know the future will bring reality, and the reality will be far more painful than the false euphoria that happens during the affair.

If we really cared for folks, would we allow them to build up such a euphoric state based on false hope?

To be clear, I'm not for either McCain, nor Obama. I think they both offer false hope. So I'm anti BOTH of them.

My compassion for her is that I feel sorry that she will likely be just like the affair partner who thinks the OM/OW will meet all their emotional needs and the euphoria of the affair/campaign will be the way day to day life goes.

In neither case will that euphoria translate to day to day life.

P
P
PWN3D

Pariah #2153158 11/04/08 01:22 PM
M
M
welcome to Philadelphia.

How much of a FRONT page story would it be if the KKK was out there.

This is confirmed through police in the area (I personally talked to my old partner). This is happening in many black areas.

THIS IS TYPICAL.

medc #2153159 11/04/08 01:25 PM
M
M
BTW...a black democratic mayor(and Obama supporter) in Philly decides where the officers are stationed.

Pariah #2153161 11/04/08 01:26 PM
M
M
Obama REALLY can offer her HOPE and INSPIRATION for a NEW UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!

I see her as being, like me, if we dare to use MBers' analogies for a woman at a campaign rally, a BS... who did not give HOPE for her marriage because I BELIEVED in A PLAN.

You can't gather from that brief snippet what that woman is REALLY basing her HOPE upon...she is obviously caught up in the MOMENT..

I'm happy that she is HOPEFUL..no telling how downtrodden her life has been...

She may not be able to ELOQUENTLY communicate all that she heard...

She listened to an ENTIRE SPEECH...and was only interviewed briefly...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
E
E
Obama REALLY can offer her HOPE and INSPIRATION for a NEW UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!

I see her as being, like me, if we dare to use MBers' analogies for a woman at a campaign rally, a BS... who did not give HOPE for her marriage because I BELIEVED in A PLAN.

You can't gather from that brief snippet what that woman is REALLY basing her HOPE upon...she is obviously caught up in the MOMENT..

I'm happy that she is HOPEFUL..no telling how downtrodden her life has been...

She may not be able to ELOQUENTLY communicate all that she heard...

She listened to an ENTIRE SPEECH...and was only interviewed briefly...

She attended an Obama rally, heard his speech and says, "...I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..."

Those things will still be issues on January 20th, 2009, regardless who is elected.

I predict she will still have to worry about those issues on January 20th, 2013 as well.

No candidate, Obama, McCain, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, or even me can take those worries away.

PS: Most folks DON'T recover their marriage. So while there may be hope in MB, I think that hope is for a relative few people.

Most end up NOT having a recovered marriage. Most end up divorced.

Like MB, I think this woman will be like most and still struggle to put gas in her car and pay her mortgage, regardless who is elected. If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.

P
P
OMG!

Obama's Black?

Why didn't someone tell me this before?

I thought he was Italian or something. He's a little darker than McCain's but, man who isn't!

M
M
I think that hope is for a relative few people.

WOW...I don't have that mindset.

I recommend the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, one of my favorite books..how he survived in a concentration camp...HOPE..and I quote..

The prisoner who has lost his faith in the future-his future-was doomed. With his loss of belief in the future; he also lost his spiritual hold; he let himself decline and become subject to mental and physical decay

E
E
I think that hope is for a relative few people.

WOW...I don't have that mindset.

I recommend the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, one of my favorite books..how he survived in a concentration camp...HOPE..and I quote..

The prisoner who has lost his faith in the future-his future-was doomed. With his loss of belief in the future; he also lost his spiritual hold; he let himself decline and become subject to mental and physical decay

Oh, I have hope for the future, just not based on any elected official.

If one's hope or hopelessness is based on elected officials, it's false hope, period. That's true if you are for Obama, McCain, Barr, Nader or any other candidate for any elected office.

I'm not without hope. I simply don't believe hope can be elected.

M
M
If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.

Yes..she will continue to STRUGGLE...Life is about struggle...but she still can have HOPE...

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 968 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation