Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
M
M
I hear you, Enlightened...

But the SPIRIT of the NATION is important in these times...

That's my opinion...

It seems that there are others in agreement with me...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
E
E
Nothing wrong with having hope.

But to say Obama (or any elected official) is the source of hope is naive to say the least.

It's little different than having hope in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin.

At least two of them have parents working for them. I'd put Obama or any other elected official in the Great Pumpkin category. Some may believe and have hope, but the Great Pumpkin will not appear and the blessing of believing will not be realized.

It's OK to have hope. Just make sure one has home in something or someone who can actually deliver.

I don't believe elected officials can or will actually deliver, so any hope based on them is false hope. It's like hoping a wayward spouse will be honest.

M
M
I don't believe elected officials can or will actually deliver, so any hope based on them is false hope. It's like hoping a wayward spouse will be honest.

I hear you...I get what you are saying...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
E
E
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I hear you, Enlightened...

But the SPIRIT of the NATION is important in these times...

That's my opinion...

It seems that there are others in agreement with me...

Spirit is important. Yet for LONG LASTING spirit, it needs to be built on a solid foundation.

Building such spirit on any political person is building a foundation in shifting sands.

It's a fruitless and perhaps ultimately destructive action.

I'd rather have some real pain today, if followed by everlasting, real and sustainable change, than have some false hope today followed by even more painful choices in the future.

I don't see anyone proposing any real changes. I see a lot of pushing problems to the future, where the solutions will be more costly and more painful.

More taxes, more bailouts, more credit, more spending are all false hopes in the near term which will be greater pain in the future.

Both major candidates are offering this. There is no real change, no real hope from either Obama or McCain.

I'd rather have real and lasting hope, than false hope based on false promises.

P
P
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
Like MB, I think this woman will be like most and still struggle to put gas in her car and pay her mortgage, regardless who is elected. If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.

She should have CHOSEN to get a better education. Everything was in place for her to receive outstanding training for employment.

It looks like she CHOSE to squirt out children out of wedlock for us to support.

Opportunity is there for everyone, you just have to get up, get motivated and take it.

I know this for a fact as NOTHING was ever given to me, I had to earn every little bit through hard work.

Recently I've had to start completely over with nothing and now I'm doing just fine.

No handouts, no welfare, no nothing, just determination.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
MY FAITH is in GOD..that's the permanent, strong FOUNDATION...

This would be TRUE for ME regardless of who won the election...

I agree that we can't put our true FAITH in a political candidate...

I'm talking about the kinda SPIRIT that brings a TEAM to VICTORY...you know, being glad that this is your alma mater...KWIM???

You don't want the stands to be boring at the championship game, do ya?

Pariah #2153206 11/04/08 02:06 PM
M
M
She should have CHOSEN to get a better education. Everything was in place for her to receive outstanding training for employment.

It looks like she CHOSE to squirt out children out of wedlock for us to support.

I missed this information from the video. How do we know her educational level?

P
P
I missed this information from the video. How do we know her educational level?

She has zero grasp that Obama ain't gonna pay her bills cause she's voting for him.

She's either rediculously ignorant or seriously delusional.

You pick.

M
M
I went back to make sure..nothing about her educational level, marital status or number of children...

Pariah #2153209 11/04/08 02:11 PM
M
M
She has zero grasp that Obama ain't gonna pay her bills cause she's voting for him.

She's either rediculously ignorant or seriously delusional.

You pick.

Probably caught up in the moment...or any number of options BETWEEN ignorant or delusional...

P
P
Wayward spouses are caught up in the moment too.

Pariah #2153211 11/04/08 02:16 PM
E
E
Originally Posted by Pariah
Wayward spouses are caught up in the moment too.

Exactly, emotionalism is a poor way to choose who will be the POTUS

P
P
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
Exactly, emotionalism is a poor way to choose who will be the POTUS

Or color.

M
M
I hear y'all..REALLY...

We might want to check the WS analogy though with this..

Again...verrry complicated to pursue..

My H was caught up for more than TWO YEARS...

In this case, I was SIMPLY speaking about what can happen when you interview someone for a minute or so at a campaign rally...

Later on in the evening, that lady may have answered differently...

F
OP Offline
F
I think that hope is for a relative few people.

WOW...I don't have that mindset.

I recommend the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, one of my favorite books..how he survived in a concentration camp...HOPE..and I quote..

The prisoner who has lost his faith in the future-his future-was doomed. With his loss of belief in the future; he also lost his spiritual hold; he let himself decline and become subject to mental and physical decay

A very good quotation, Mimi.

Let me offer up another one too.

Originally Posted by the Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 4:9-1
This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

B
B
What I find more interesting than whether some have attached messianic qualities to Obama is the reaction to his potential election by those who appear pluralistically challenged. As if it is appalling that this nation is populated by millions of people who hold very different views from what may be considered de rigueur in their own province. It seems to me the idea of the "American experiment" mortifies some. Tocqueville commented on it well, " I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all."

M
M
I don't think I'm the one that's gonna be whining today!!

rotflmao

I actually think McCain might pull it off today.

The pollsters haven't taken into account the PUMAs. I think they might be the ones who drag him across the finish line.

M
M
OMG, I can imagine the riots that would follow a McCain win. It would dwarf those that occurred after MLK.

medc #2153269 11/04/08 03:23 PM
M
M
I guess we should all lock our doors for the riot that will occur should Obama win. I can just see the whites rioting in the streets. It will be a mess.

medc #2153270 11/04/08 03:27 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by protecttheunborn
OMG, I can imagine the riots that would follow a McCain win. It would dwarf those that occurred after MLK.

I don't think you'd have to imagine it for long (if McCain wins).

I wouldn't believe such result was legitimate so I don't expect our citizens living in our inner-cities to either. Many of them don't even know a single McCain supporter.

I recall that a military force of some substantial size was recently activated and mobilized for duty within the US. It didn't receive much coverage...but I noted it as though the Republicans must know something we don't know.

Of course, the polls were tighter then so it may be just a precaution or some other reason for the mobilization.

Right now...I don't see any way for McCain to pull this out. The margin of victory will just be too big for the diabold machines to pull one off anymore and Democrats everywhere ARE going to wait and stand in line no matter what. The cheaters can only cheat so much.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation