Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
M
Wow, I didn't even think about that. I may stay home myself if things go right.

dontknow

This is SCARY to hear you guys speak like this.

I just don't feel the same.

I will be HAPPY tomorrow "if things go right"...FOR ME..

And if they don't, I will still be OK..and won't stay home...

MY GOODNESS...

This has been so disillusioning to me...

My BUBBLE has been broken for sure...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
rwinger #2153378 11/04/08 05:49 PM
P
P
My wife, daughter and I went from Massachusetts where we live to Peterboro NH on Sunday--McCain Rally.

We did not wait in line to go in, we just hung around on the cordoned off street to watch the freak show.

Peterboro residents are to the extreme in each direction--old conservative yankees with money and artsy fartsy liberals.

It was the best free entertainment ever! Performance theater at its finest!

R
R
Sounds like fun - LOL. Must have been some angst in the atmosphere.

dont forget to make the popcorn for the loony shows tonight - ought to be fun.

Mimi - just a joke - I have a black brother in law who mentioned it to me in jest. I guess it could be taken wrong.

Last edited by rwinger; 11/04/08 05:56 PM.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
Pariah #2153404 11/04/08 07:26 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by Pariah
With all of the democrat cheating going on.

They have caught hundreds here in Atlanta with dual residences voting multiple times.

Nooooooo....say it isn't so!! Not the Liberal LEFT cheating after they have ACCUSED the RIGHT for 4 years of CHEATING, stealing the '04 election . think

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
J
J
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
Originally Posted by protecttheunborn
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Strange you would want to ignore the voice of reason.

Want2Stay

The voice of reason? faint

For the LIBERAL LEFT maybe but NOT for the REST OF US.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
medc #2153425 11/04/08 08:35 PM
J
J
Cokey Roberts....ABC News Political Analyst, on ABC News election coverage around 8:15 EST....said:

"92% of blacks are voting for Obama."

But that's NO BECAUSE he's Black right???

That's not racism right?? faint

It APPEARS that the African American community is pinning all of their hopes on this man due solely to the color of his skin.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
JoJo422 #2153427 11/04/08 08:39 PM
M
M
Do you really understand at all about the experience about black people in this country?

I'm floored by the lack of understanding of the black experience.

And so what if a high percentage of black people have voted for Obama? He will not win because of the higher percentage of black voters. Black people only make up about 12% of the US population.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing this. Sorry.

I am floored by what I keep reading on this forum.

Who would have thought that such thinking would be so highly represented here?

Do you know that when I was a little girl that I never would have dreamed that a black man could be President?

Do you know that I believed that it was not possible?

Do you know that just 3 generations ago my ancestors were not even allowed to vote?

It's NOT about the racism of black people, JoJo.

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
N
N
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
McCain’s internal polls show massive move in the battleground states.

I just talked to one of my best Team McCain sources who told me that heading into today all the key battleground polls were moving hard and fast in their direction. The source, hardly a perma-optimist, thinks it will be a long night, but that McCain is going to win.

LINK

He only has to hold onto most of the states Bush won, and win PA.

It's definitely doable.

Obama has won PA.

JoJo422 #2153431 11/04/08 08:46 PM
M
M
It APPEARS that the African American community is pinning all of their hopes on this man due solely to the color of his skin.

I have been crying all day...so wishing my grandparents could have lived to see this day.

You may not care. It doesn't matter if you do.

But in their honor I will say these things.

I will not sit by and let such comments rest, knowing the suffering and humiliation that they had to grow through in their lives..the utter disrespect that they had to withstand SOLELY BASED ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN...

And YES, they would be singing for joy, singing hallelulah, I see them all now, sitting on the edges of their couches, clapping their hands..just at the thought..just at the thought..at what would seem like a MIRACLE to them...

So what? Would you want to rob them or others of that JUBILATION? What's the matter with it?

M
M
And MY GRANPARENTS were the kindest, most loving people you'd ever want to meet.

They were definitely NOT RACISTS...taught me NOT TO BE A RACIST.

Welcomed my WHITE FRIENDS into their homes with OPEN ARMS...

Had their own WHITE FRIENDS..from back in the day...

They wouldn't dare want a WHITE PERSON to be treated the way that they were treated.

Yes. Reading what I have read here has caused me to feel bitter..like an outsider..on this site that I had grown to love...

Who would have known..that so many people were so conservative in their thinking...

Who would have known..

Yes..this political race has been divisive..HERE...

A MAJOR LOSS FOR ME...A MAJOR LETDOWN...

I know it's my problem...

I own it..

I shouldn't have expected any differently..

Oh well..

It is what it is...

J
J
Originally Posted by mimi_here
It's NOT about the racism of black people, JoJo.

What is it then?

If the 'white' population got out there and said "I'm voting 92%for XYZ because he's white then we would be called racist. Why is there a different standard if you are white?

Why isn't the same standards held to others of a different race in this country?? Why are they free to admit that the only reason they are voting for a someone is because of the color their skin but NO ONE is supposed to say anything about it??

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
Would you want to rob them or others of that JUBILATION?

Yes, I would.

Funny, nothing to say about the fine upstanding group serving as security for voting locations??? Nothing to say about this being allowed to happen. Welcome to the Obamnation.

And enough already about the black experience Mimi. **edit** not for all(not even close)...but for a astronomically high percentage as compared to other races in this country. It is time to stop leaning on the crutches of the past and to start acting like responsible members of society. Again, Mimi, it isn't all...but there certainly significant enough percentages to justify the generalizations.

Last edited by Revera; 11/04/08 09:57 PM. Reason: disrespectful - TOS
JoJo422 #2153439 11/04/08 08:57 PM
M
M
You cannot compare the experience of white people and black people in this country.

That is ignorant as far as I'm concerned.

Do you know anything about segregation?

Do you know that I went to segregated schools until the 9th grade?

That was in my lifetime, JoJo.

The experiences of white people and black people, well, older folks is completely different.

JoJo422 #2153441 11/04/08 08:57 PM
M
M
Why isn't the same standards held to others of a different race in this country?? Why are they free to admit that the only reason they are voting for a someone is because of the color their skin but NO ONE is supposed to say anything about it??

Old crutches give them license to be racist.

S
S
Mimi
PLEASE walk away from your computer and celebrate.
You do not need to justify anything to anyone.

Enjoy ...... this is historic!!

medc #2153445 11/04/08 09:00 PM
M
M
I think you are being mean and cruel to continue to consider this to be about the racism of black people.

I will continue to speak out against this, a lone wolf, here, it seems...but I will continue to speak out against it.

It is NOT about the RACISM of black people.

RACISM is not a CRUTCH.

Racism most definitely did exist and undoubtedly still does.

J
J
Come on....did we NOT learn for the '04 election that with LESS than 1% of the vote in, it's a little early????

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
M
M
Racism most definitely did exist and undoubtedly still does.

Yes, I know. Just look at the statistics about how the races treat one another. Blacks are now horribly racist towards whites (and btw, Asians as well). Look at the crime statistics...look at the sentiments expressed by many in that community.

Yes, racism is VERY much alive. It just has a NEW address.

medc #2153453 11/04/08 09:09 PM
M
M
I will not stop talking about the black experience. I will continue to speak about the experience of who I am and my life. I have that right just as anyone else does. I am black and will speak about my life experience.

**EDIT**

This is a HORRIBLE thing for you to say.

My grandmother was a elementary school teacher who left her house early each morning to teach way down in the country to students who had to walk miles to get to the road.

She took soap and deodorant to teach them about hygiene. She loved those children and because of her love of them many of them came to her funeral as adults, giving her credit for their academic achievements and their ability to believe in themselves.

My other grandmother was a nurse/midwife, who helped bring many children in the world at our local Army hospital. Women, white and black, would come up to her and hug her neck.

These same women couldn't even try on clothes or hats in our local department store. They didn't let me know what was happening. But they raised me to be proud and I'm speaking out for THEM today.

I could go on about my grandfather..well respected himself...

My father's funeral was well-attended by whites and blacks...like a Sunday Service...he was raised by my grandparents to become an educational administrator in our community...

Was there life about crime and handouts????

No way...nor was the lives of my entire community.....

I will continue to speak about my WONDERFUL BLACK EXPERIENCE for as along as I live...

Last edited by Revera; 11/04/08 09:59 PM. Reason: removing quote

M
M
This is a HORRIBLE thing for you to say.

It doesn't make it any less true.

As I said, it isn't close to everyone Mimi. Your experience is obviously different.

But, you cannot ignore the statistics of crime and handouts in this country.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 493 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation