Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
fbwidow #2153704 11/05/08 12:24 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Many thanks everyone. It means a lot to me to know you are there.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
T
T
Sorry you had to have it happen. We never know when or why.

TheRoad #2153716 11/05/08 12:42 PM
M
M
I cannot even imagine the pain you are feeling. Please know that we are here to hold you up with prayers. You are so lucky to have had three blissful weeks together. They may have been short, but may they carry you through this challenge.

Blessed,
MogiSola

BW (me)
FWH (him - he's earning the F)
3 boys (4, 5, and 7)
M 1997
LT EA/PA 2004-2007
D-Day #1 Feb 2006
Joined MB.
D-Day #2 Feb 2008
D-Day #3 Aug 2008
Began REAL recovery Sept 2008.

S
S
Oh DAMN Anne! I am sooooo sorry to hear that. I haven't been around here much and wasn't even aware that he was ill. Thoughts, hugs and prayers to you and your whole family.

frown

R
R
I am so so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey
C
C
(((((Green))))

I am deeply sorry for what has happened. I don't have the word to say anything except you will be in my thoughts and prayers at this terrible time.

CN

What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. ~ John Ruskin
C
C
Oh no! I am so very sorry. ((hug))

personal recovery
F
F
hug (((((Greengables))))) hug

"It is strangely reassuring - this suggestion that the pain of that empty space will always be with us. Because while we do want to feel better, we do not want, ever, to forget.

We will, of course, find new places to put the affection and love and time that we used to pour out to the one we lost. Not to do that would be to turn inward, refuse to be vulnerable - a poor memorial, a poor stewardship of the life left to us... What was once loved and cherished is not replaceable." -Martha Whitmore Hickman

May you feel the love and comfort from God in this hour of grief and pain. He knows that pain and He stands ready to uphold you and carry you and grieve with you. I pray that you and your family will feel His loving arms during this time, and forevermore.

God bless and comfort you with His presence. pray

Seabird #2153837 11/05/08 03:37 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Seabird. He wasn't sick that we know of. Got up, got in the shower, and collapsed dead, seems to be the way it went. The ER doc says "catastrophic event." The coronor's office will let us know more tomorrow or Friday. I found him because he was taking such a long shower. I tried to save him but it didn't work. I think he was already gone.

I miss him so much. He was truly a wonderful good caring man.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
C
C
Originally Posted by Greengables
He was truly a wonderful good caring man.

What a beautiful thing to have said about you. Anyone would be grateful to be described in those words.

I am so terribly sorry. I wish I could say more - could make it all go away - could give him back to you. Instead, all I can do is offer a simple expression of regret and compassion.

M
M
GG,

I am so sorry for your loss.

{{{{{GG}}}}}

Mark

S
S
Originally Posted by Greengables
Thanks, Seabird. He wasn't sick that we know of. Got up, got in the shower, and collapsed dead, seems to be the way it went. The ER doc says "catastrophic event." The coronor's office will let us know more tomorrow or Friday. I found him because he was taking such a long shower. I tried to save him but it didn't work. I think he was already gone.

I miss him so much. He was truly a wonderful good caring man.

I see. Noticed that you're off of Facebook so I'll continue to check in here to see how you're doing. You should still have my email too if you'd like to correspond - if not, let me know and I'll send it to you. I don't want to pry either and I want to respect any wishes you have to grieve in private. Whatever you want... Wish there was more I could offer.

Seabird #2153875 11/05/08 04:50 PM
M
M
A--

I am so very very sorry to hear this. I don't post anymore, but I still read daily. I have kept up with your story, and was so glad that you found happiness again after all you had been through. There is nothing to say to ease the pain, just know that everyone, including me, has you in their thoughts and prayers.

{{{{{{{GG}}}}}}}}}}

Martes

Female 45
Happily married 10 years; 2 sons
Use MB for 'preventative maintenance.'
M
M
Greengables...

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss...I've held you close in thought all day today and have lifted you up in prayer...May God bless and comfort you during this very difficult time...

Mrs. W

C
C
I am so sorry! Why does this have to happen?

My D18's godfather died last week the same way. He was a great man, too.

I said out loud, 'why do the good people have to go first?' and D18 replied, 'They die first so that the others can see their great example, and learn from them.'

I'd like to believe that.

A
A
I'm so sorry sweetie! ((((((GreenGables))))))

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
S
S
Green...

Sometimes I think there's got to be a reason when good people go like this. Their passing is never in vain. He will never suffer a long, drawn-out illness before he passes now. He'll never suffer losing you, my dear, and I know that is no comfort right now, but someday perhaps you can look back and see the balm in that, the loving sacrifice. Your last gift to him, so to speak.

And I am sure there are many of us touched by your story who will hold our spouses closer now, physically and emotionally, knowing how lucky we are and how very important it is to keep striving for joy and fulfillment with our husbands and wives, never to take them for granted and to realize how easily things like this can happen, and to be grateful for every single minute, every new day with our spouses.

May God grant you his peace and strength now and in the coming days and weeks. You've been heavily in my thoughts all day. frown

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
D
D
OMG GG I'm stunned. I'm so sorry. Holding you close in prayer hug

DW--BW....separated/divorced since 2003
Re-married 7/09!
B
B
Many prayers going up for you and your family. I'm so sorry. Lean on us during this awful time.

K
K
I am so sorry. May God be especially close to you during this sad time.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation