Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
T
T
Oh, GG, I have no words. I cannot imagine.

How lucky for him, though, to have found you and known such happiness, and to have gone so quickly.

I am so very, very sorry.

H
H
GG,
I am terribly sorry for your loss and will keep you in my prayers!

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
T
T
I am so sorry for your loss...your pain. 47 seems so young...it must be such a shock to you to have had so much joy just having been married a few weeks ago...and now this loss. Prayers for you and your families.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
S
S
The words don't exist that can make things OK, but as with many others, I care, and will be praying for you.

SS

I think sometimes about all the pain in the world. I hope we can ease that here, even if only a little bit.
M
M
May God help you and your loved ones find comfort. I am so sorry for your loss.

Me - BS (used to be known on this board as "NoTrust"

WH - 1st EA/PA, 1999-2000
2nd EA (Phone/Texting), 3 weeks (9/19/08-10/08/08)

DDay - 10/29/08

In Recovery
F
F
Originally Posted by Greengables
Thanks, FH. My priest has been here off and on since yesterday. It's a comfort. It's just so hard to pick out readings when we just picked them out for the wedding. I want to do as much as possible myself. I want to take care of my M. We were a team, you know? We were headed in the same direction.

I can't sleep in our bedroom. I do go into the upstairs bath and sit sometimes. I'm overwhelmed with loss, and feeling very sorry for myself and for M. I know he's in a better place, I just hope he can see China from there. We were planning to go in 2010.

I just pray to be reconciled to God's ways. God's way, not mine. Right now, I still just wish God had seen it my way, and left me M.

GG, it won't make sense to a lot of people, and right now it probably doesn't even make a lot of sense to you since the PAIN of loss is REAL.

But you are not alone. Consider the shortest verse in Scripture; "Jesus wept." He KNOWS.

Have you ever heard of "Footprints?" It's okay to be carried for a while.

None us is promised tomorrow, but for those who know the Lord, Jesus said it directly and clearly, while He was in great pain Himself...."TODAY you WILL be with ME in paradise." THAT is the great hope we all hold, knowing that this life IS temporary, but it is NOT "the end."

May God uphold you in His hand with the comfort that comes from Him who KNOWS the pain of death of loved ones.

God bless.

A
A
GG,

I am so sorry for this terrible loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

((((((GG)))))))

AGG

S
S
Anne,

I am so sorry. I wish I knew what to say.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Keith

Last edited by BHINWI; 11/06/08 07:15 PM.
A
AFS Offline
A
Originally Posted by Greengables
I'll need to get used to being alone again. I'm a little scared of the loneliness.

Greengables,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I haven't been able to come to this site much in the past year, but when I did I always checked up on you - I've followed your story for years.

My boyfriend died less than two weeks ago. We lived together for 16 of our 19 years together. I'm devastated and have really been struggling with a whole range of emotions. I felt drawn back to the site and saw your post.

I just want to let you know I understand what you are going through and I'm so, so sorry.

AFS #2154644 11/06/08 08:54 PM
B
B
Stay close with us. This is a horrible shock, and you will have to get used to being alone again. It is just so much for you to go through. Take deep breaths and lean on us.

M
M
BTW...I am an estate planning and probate attorney (albeit, in Michigan). If you have any quick questions or concerns and no one is available to assist you there my email address is below.

I'd be happy to help you out to the extent I can.

Mr. Wondering pray

*Mrs. W insisted I edit to add that such offer is PRO-BONO. If you aren't in my state I couldn't charge you anyway.

Last edited by MrWondering; 11/07/08 08:31 PM. Reason: clarify

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
W
W
well, that just stinks! I am sorry and i hope you take care of yourself and your girls during this period of grief and recovery. Life does just hang in the balance, and the future is so uncertain.

hugs and support

wiftty

Learning from your own mistakes creates experience, learning from books creates knowledge, combining the two together creates wisdom => You start with a full bag of luck, and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
S
S
GG - You're not alone. Your H is gone, but you have your daughters and your family and your friends, both in person and out here in the electronic ether. Lean on whomever your need to whenever you need to.

Seabird #2154891 11/07/08 10:46 AM
M
M
I am so sorry - I haven't been on here in awhile but I am totally shocked and will be thinking about you and your family.... My sincere condolences..

Trying to Let myself find a life after four years of being divorced - Great at the mom thing.. Just not good at the "ME" thing....
maw64 #2154965 11/07/08 12:24 PM
A
A
Oh, GG....how tragic. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss.

(((Greengables)))

Lori

VERY HAPPY! FBS/FWS; 47yo; M-29 yrs.; DS-26,DD-21; our affairs: 1990-'96
C
C
I'm so sorry for your loss. May God hold you close in His arms.

D
D
GG,

Am not sure if you are ready to or not but I would love for you to tell us about M at some point in time here, let us get to know the man that you loved so deeply. When you are ready, you grab that tissue box and sit down and begin and if not all at once, when time permits!!!

Dawn

S
S
Dawn, he just died two day ago. She will not be ready to share with us for quite a while. At least I would'nt.

Anne, I wish there was something I could do or say to give you comfort. All I can do is pray that God gives you peace that is like nothing here on earth.

D
D
Stellakat- Many people I know find it comforting to talk about their loved one. I am just saying to her that when she is ready we are here and ready to read what it she has written, if that is something that she wants to do.

We are a different group of friends then those that will be attending the funeral tomorrow.

Dawn

G
OP Offline
G
Dawn, I will definitely share when my mind and body start working again. I'm not great, and seem to be getting worse. M was wonderful, and living with him was easy. Marrige to him was easy. It was fabulous.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation