Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by medc
She should take the child the very first chance she gets. Daycare, out with grandma...etc. The child cannot be taken by the police until there is a court ordered custody...or for danger...but your daughter certainly can take her.

Get an emergency petition...you could probably have one by the end of business tomorrow.

I agree, that's what I've told her too, but we've got to find him first. His mother lives in the next town over but once we figure out that's where he is, believe me, we'll be doing whatever we have to do.

She's coming over tonight to work on the paperwork for custody and an emergency TRO and order for custody. We still can't make that effective until we figure out where he is and get him served.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
I sent you an email a little while ago. I think a PI would be your best bet to find him quickly. The PI can also let you know when the child is alone with his mom.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Medc! I just don't know if I have the funds to do that right now, I KNOW she doesn't. That's a GREAT idea though.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
what about counseling for your daughter. Have you contacted some type of womens shelter to get her into a group, or indiviudal counseling, that is geared specifically towards women in her situation?

the stories you hear, it seems like the women can easily get sucked back into that mess. She needs to get help from people with experience, to build up her armor of protection.

He managed to brain wash her for 5 years. Unfortunately, he can suck her back into that mess again if she is not prepared for the possiblity. (and just saying that she is done with him is not enough, I am sure you would agree)

hang in there. I pray God will protect your family with his mighty armor. That as satan tosses his arrows of destruction at you and your daughter, they would fall away without hitting their target.

Married 18 years
D Day June 25, 2003
Divorced December 17, 2003

Newly married to a wonderful man!
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by womanoffaith5
what about counseling for your daughter. Have you contacted some type of womens shelter to get her into a group, or indiviudal counseling, that is geared specifically towards women in her situation?

the stories you hear, it seems like the women can easily get sucked back into that mess. She needs to get help from people with experience, to build up her armor of protection.

He managed to brain wash her for 5 years. Unfortunately, he can suck her back into that mess again if she is not prepared for the possiblity. (and just saying that she is done with him is not enough, I am sure you would agree)

hang in there. I pray God will protect your family with his mighty armor. That as satan tosses his arrows of destruction at you and your daughter, they would fall away without hitting their target.

Counseling's already in the works. My daughter asked me about it the other day and then today CPS also recommended it to her. She KNOWS she could get sucked back in, that's why the no contact.

Thank you so much for your prayers! I truly believe that God is going to intervene in the situation in a big way.

W
W
PrincessMeg, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all as well.

Oh, I can't imagine. I am so sorry, hopefully this will not drag out too long. That poor baby without his momma, and she must just be beside herself.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Weaves.

Seems like HE's started calling her job now. He left a message today that the baby just got out of the hospital because the burn on his hand became infected. (Baby touched a hot stove before all this happened.)

I don't know whether to believe him or not or if he's just trying to push her buttons to get her to respond. If it's true, how the heck did it become infected!?

I've been thinking about calling his mom but just didn't want to do anything until we figured out what the authorities were recommending and we didn't want to give away my daughter's location.

Think I should call her?

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/03/08 03:20 PM. Reason: grammar

C
C
Praying! Please let us know as soon as your grandchild is safe with his mom!

W
W
Oh my goodness, PM. Hugs to you all. I can't imagine what your DD must be feeling right now.

Baby touched a hot stove before all this happened.)

Are you sure? Or is that what broke your DD's silence?

My aunt was married to a very abusive man. I remember going over to spend nights with my cousins and everyone tiptoeing around my cousin's stepdad. We were in the middle of eating dinner one night and out of the blue he asked one of my cousins to go find him a pair of jeans he wanted to wear the next day.

She looked high and low and couldn't find them. He wouldn't let anyone help her look or speak to her.

She had to come back to the table and tell him that she could not find them.

He flipped the table upside down and everything went flying. He forced her to clean it up by herself - making sure the rest of us knew we were not to help her.

I was sworn to secrecy.

He used to call the school and make my cousins come home in the middle of the day to find needles he would "accidently" drop while sewing his Harley Davidson gear. They had to find them with their feet.

My aunt finally escaped him one day - but not before he caused permanent damage to her face from hitting her.

I don't remember what the final breaking point was that made her run to a safe-house. I just remember all the secrecy surrounding her and that my cousins couldn't go to school for awhile.

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope that your grandson is returned to his mother soon and is safe. DD is going to have to be strong. They will stoop as low as they need to in order to coax them back into their sights.

Fox

M
M
I'll call.

P
OP Offline
P
I'll call.

Let me talk to DD tonight about it but this sounds like a good plan. Thank you so much MEDC.

B
B
(((PM)))

I hope he resists arrest.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
P
OP Offline
P
I hope he resists arrest.

Thanks BigK, me and you both.

P
OP Offline
P
Update: My DD's job has been screening all her calls. Late yesterday afternoon the main line rang and she answered it not thinking. Guess who. She immediately put him on hold and got one of her coworkers to ask what he wanted. Apparently, he wants to know when she can come and get the baby because he's turning himself in Friday morning. skeptical Right. We'll see. I think it's just a ploy to get a chance to sweet talk her or to try and take our granddaughter. DD has no intention of bringing our GD to ANY meeting where he's there.

She does NOT want to see him at all. He thinks he's turning himself in for traffic ticket warrants as he has no idea about the felony warrant that's being issued. She called the investigator's office yesterday and the warrant STILL has not been issued! rant2

If he's telling the truth, it'd be wonderful. But I seriously doubt it.

MEDC, found out from another family member that his mom has been out of town visiting her other son who just started college all this week. I'll try and find out when she'll be back and get back to you if it becomes necessary.

P
OP Offline
P
Oh, and the story about the baby in the hospital. Never happened. My DD called around to all the local hospitals and there is no record of him being treated anywhere yesterday.

C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Oh, and the story about the baby in the hospital. Never happened. My DD called around to all the local hospitals and there is no record of him being treated anywhere yesterday.

I thought that when you posted it yesterday. He sounds like a manipulator just like my brother- although my brother is a homeless drug addict. His last lie was that he was in the hospital and on the ventilator but they took him off because he had no insurance. :RollieEyes: Wanted me to come get him. I did not.

P
OP Offline
P
For those who have kept up, here's an update.

Last night around 11:00 our doorbell rang. I was asleep but my DH was still up. It was HIS mom and dad and they brought the baby back. They only stayed a second and said, "we're bringing the baby back to ______ (our DD)". They brought all of his clothes and things with him. My husband came up stairs and woke me up. I turned over and saw him standing there with the baby. I thought I was dreaming!! I jumped out of bed and grabbed him dancing for joy. We called our daughter who was staying at a friend's and she flew to our house. She was crying with happiness.

dance2dance2dance2

Yesterday afternoon the detective called my daughter and told her that the warrant was finally issued and they would be serving it this morning and arresting HIM my DD's ex). We haven't heard anything about that yet. sigh

I'm thinking that the detective called HIS parents and told them what was going on. Yay!!

Sunday afternoon, after three weeks of waiting for the slower than slow wheels of justice, we asked our daughter again if she could remember where HIS parents lived. She only had a vague recollection since they had recently moved to the next town over. My DH and I drove up there and found the house almost immediately. We got the address and our daughter called the detective to tell him.

What's really cool about this is that Sunday morning our DD went to church with us and at the end of the service she went forward and asked for prayer about this whole situation. The woman who was praying with her specifically prayed, "God, we're asking for a miracle here, for your intervention. What looks impossible is possible for you."

The NEXT day, we had the baby back.

Thank you Lord. pray

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/16/08 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling - ugh

W
W
Oh my goodness, PM, I am so thrilled for you and your family!

A miracle, indeed. hurray

Fox

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks... I felt like I was in a dream last night. LOL

P
OP Offline
P
Update:

HE is still MIA. My DD is doing great! She's had four court appointments now about the protective order but they keep getting reset because they can't find HIM.

My DD has started a relationship with a new guy (who was a friend for a long time before to BOTH of them) and he's a great guy. He actually opens the car door for her, pumps her gas, adores her kiddos, cooks, just an all-around decent guy. She told me she'd never been with a guy who treated her so well.

Even though new guy is a good guy, I told my DD she needs to be careful about bringing other men around them in case it didn't work out. I don't want my grandbabies to suffer any more than they have. But she's an adult and I can't MAKE her do anything.

GKs have not seen their daddy since he's MIA and my GD (who will be 5 next month) is most affected by this. She cries sometimes because she misses him. My DD hasn't told her why her daddy's gone but just says she'll get to see him some day.

It kind of worries me about what will happen when HE discovers she is now dating their friend because he's such a psycho. I just hope he gets caught before that happens.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation