Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
vcr Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I am talking about my 10 and 13 year olds. My 13 year old is best friends with this woman' daughter and they live on our street. (She already knows she can't go over there)They know something has been bad between us and they know it's also because he was always over their house. They've overheard arguments where I accuse him of things. He finally admitted it and agreed to never see her again. I'm at the stage where I am furious and want to tell them. What do I do? Should we tell them and that daddy is sorry and wants to make things up to them? Should I just ask outright what my DD knows about our fights? I'm really too angry to think reasonably right now.

B
B
Yes you need to tell your children but don't tell your children out of anger. Calm down and explain in age appropriae terms what Mrs. OW and your H did and unfortunately that has cost you children a playmate. Does your 13 yo go to school with the OW's DD? Be sure to emphasize that just because Mrs. OW is not a nice person that doesn't mean her children aren't. And don't apologize for your H. He owes them that apology. Let him own his stuff.

How is your H never going to see OW again and she lives down the street?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
V
vcr Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks for your reply. I calmed down and decided to ask each one individually what they knew. DS only knew that daddy and I fought so much because he was over there drinking all the time. He is incredibly sensitive and I only told him that daddy and I were trying to work things out and that daddy was never going over there again. He'd begged his dad not to go over there himself so he was sceptical. He said not even once in a while?My DD knew something and so I told her she was right but that daddy was sorry and wanted to be a part of our family again. I tried to remind her that she used to love her daddy as much as her 3 year old sister and she told me used to was the operative words. That made me so sad and angry because the OW's DD gave my WH a birthday card last month saying she loved him like a father (she can't stand her father who is an [censored]) He's spent more time in the last year with her and her DD than with his own kids.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation