Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
M
M
this behavior is not appropriate for a future doctor as it indicates an inability to keep patient confidentiality.

Look, I do not want to stand up for this POS...but this is silly. Those two things have NOTHING to do with one another. Not even close!

:RollieEyes:

T
T
Speaking from the perspective of a nurse with 40 years' experience, med school will NOT like this. Patient confidentiality is protected by federal law and there are HUGE monetary penalties for institutions that violate them. RRB is a very big risk to them, and one they might not be willing to take if they knew his past.

G
G
Medc et al,

Look, I do not want to stand up for this POS...but this is silly. Those two things have NOTHING to do with one another. Not even close!

Let the admissions committee at his desired medical school decide that, or let his father make a cash payment to H in compensation.

He can go to medical school in Russia or something then.

God Bless
NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 11/14/08 12:55 PM.
T
T
Medc--you're the head of the med school admissions committee. You're going to be taking people and training them to deal with other humans at their most vulnerable points--raw, exposed, even naked. Your applicant is a young man who has entered into a sexual affair with a married faculty/staff member, the mother of young children, at his pre-med college. He has taken obscene photos of this staff member and circulated them to friends. These photos are now widespread in their distribution and were an embarrassment to the school he was attending.

How attractive is this applicant to you? How much confidence do you want to place in the discrete judgment of a man who, should he similarly involve himself with an attractive patient (they aren't ALL old and wrinkled, you know!), would open up the school to huge financial loss--to the government regulatory agencies AND the patient who will have no problem whatsoever finding an attorney to take her suit? I'm suggesting that you would find it extremely tempting to move on to another applicant with less baggage.

B
B
mg71, Sorry you have more crap to deal with.

FWW is paying the price for her stupidity and thoughtlessness. Not sure if there is much you can do. I still have photos of OW (face shown) and told her if she ever messes with me, my H, etc. that I will plaster her photos all over the internet and send them to her friends and family. Would I? If she's stupid enough to not heed my warning I would. I wouldn't do it for revenge purposes at this point but RRB has now passed the point of no return which was another stupid mistake on his part because he didn't consider further consequences to himself. Find out where he is going to medical school and inform them of this boy's character or lack there of.

Meredith may wash her hands of RRB given this latest twist especially if you set out to further smash RRB into the dirt which will further embarrass her to be with this kid. However, let's face it, she also is probably somewhat happy that your wife is getting the smack down for screwing "her man."

Legally...not sure if there is much recourse at this point. W was plain dumb. W is not working on campus anymore so unless she running into students on the street ????? and the initial interest will probably die off pretty fast for most people. If people start harassing mg71 or W then that's another story but hopefully it will blow over quickly.

Sorry this keeps sucking more and more for you.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by newjersey
this behavior is not appropriate for a future doctor as it indicates an inability to keep patient confidentiality.

While I think it shows poor character, I don't know if I'd go that far. RRB has no legal obligation to keep those photos private. I'm sure doctor, lawyers, judges and other sort of professionals have done crap in their private life that is scummy and sometimes it's known other times not.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
Originally Posted by newjersey
I would also consider a law suit, but I don't know what the current legal thinking on these matters is. Get proof now.

I think a law suit should be possible, but perhaps not practical.

When the WW posed for those photos, I'm pretty sure that the intent, unspoken or otherwise, was for them to remain private, and NOT shared in the public domain. She may have grounds for a suit.

OTOH, I'm not sure what she'd hope to gain though, as any suggestion of the photos having "damaged her reputation" would be countered by the fact that it was her adultery, not the photos, that led to her dismissal, her damaged reputation, etc.

All in all, it was very stupid for his FWW to allow the OM to take inappropriate pictures of her, but I'm not sure anything can really be done about it at this point.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
K
K
Originally Posted by medc

:RollieEyes:

Who cares? If it inconveniences RRB a tiny bit, or causes him the slightest bit of embarrassment, it's worth sending an email with photos attached.

Divorced
T
T
Sometimes is not so much about what CAN be done than it is about what your opponent thinks can be done.

K
K
Originally Posted by Resilient
Originally Posted by Krazy
Why are you defending RRB?

Originally Posted by Resilient
Both are culpable

No, she's not culpable in having her picture spread beyond RRB's phone.

Divorced
M
M
yeah...that makes sense...and then HE keeps sending out the graphic photos of this guys wife...maybe to her kids.

She got what was coming to her for being slutty and stupid.

He hopefully will lose his fiance and have other problems as a result of this.

But, always remember, this was a woman in a position of authority having inappropriate relations with a student. While I do not excuse his behavior one bit...she is more responsible for what happened than him.

K
K
yeah...that makes sense...and then HE keeps sending out the graphic photos of this guys wife...maybe to her kids.

But, always remember, this was a woman in a position of authority having inappropriate relations with a student. While I do not excuse his behavior one bit...she is more responsible for what happened than him.

I'm seeing things from the BH's point of view.

I don't care that she was in a position of authority. I don't care that she volunteered for the photo.

If I was the BH in this particular situation, I'd send the photos and copies of his emails, texts, etc. to everyone RRB holds dear. Even at the expense of further embarrassment to my WW. Even with the possibility of my kids eventually being exposed to it.

I'd consider delivering that same information to the people in his neighborhood, and even to his future co-workers and superiors, assuming he eventually gets a job.

Divorced
S
S
I don't think I would send the pictures - no need to exacerbate the problem. But I would tell RRB's dad and Meredith what RRB did. See what repercussions get to RRB from that, then act accordingly.

It's probable that the furor will die down soon, faster if you don't stoke the fire.

As for you, MG71, you could use some good counseling. Try good friends, a pastor or a good counselor. Good luck, and keep pressing on. You are doing great.

It is rare for a truly happy woman to try and take a child away from it's father.
B
B

Well if he's dumb enough to send the pics to minor children then he's an idiot. I think legally that could come under distributing sexually explicit material to a minor. A decade from now?...if RRB is still whacked out by then that would as indicate what a miserable life he had to be hanging on to that for so long.

I agree. If my FWH was stupid enough to send nude photos of himself and OW used them against him, that's on him.

Last edited by black_raven; 11/14/08 01:41 PM. Reason: grammar

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

I
iam Offline
I
Sorry MG71.

If I can offer one piece of advice you haven't heard yet it would be this...

DO NOT LOOK AT THESE PICTURES YOURSELF!!!!

I pray you haven't already.

P
P
Have your attorney send a cease and desist letter and then get an injunction stopping him from distributing them further. I doubt you can do a whole lot since the horse is already out of the barn, but maybe you can get a judgment against WB.

We had a case once where these teenage boys who took nude pictures of a classmate who passed out drunk. Then they developed the photos at a well-known retail store where one of them worked and then they posted the pictures all over the internet. Their parents ended up paying a boatload of money in damages.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Sometimes is not so much about what CAN be done than it is about what your opponent thinks can be done.

I understand but this kid may already know what can and can't be done. People can sue for anything...it doesn't mean they have a case. Look at that lady who wanted to sue because her daughter hanged herself over a prank. It was messed up but they didn't kill her child.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
G
This if form the web about the the legal requirements to get into med school.

"The majority of background checks are done at the request of AMCAS, which involves a FBI and state of residence law enforcement check. If you have been issued a ticket, that is not reported. But if you have been arrested or charged with any crime that required an appearance in court, that will be on the report.

Some crimes, such as a DUI in the first year of college, are tolerated by some schools, chalking it up to a life lesson. But anything related to a violent act, dishonesty or drugs is a deal killer"

There may be morals clauses, although I would agree that the affair itself might not be enough, the publishing of confidential material would be.

ALSO what else hasn't she told you???

NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 11/14/08 01:54 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
We had a case once where these teenage boys who took nude pictures of a classmate who passed out drunk. Then they developed the photos at a well-known retail store where one of them worked and then they posted the pictures all over the internet. Their parents ended up paying a boatload of money in damages.

That's different though because there was no consent.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

U
U
I like the idea about finding out what med school he is going to (surely he mentioned this to your wife at some point), and exposing the whole sordid business to their admissions department. Maybe nothing happens, but maybe his acceptance gets reversed. Now THAT would be some sweet justice.

ex-WW had 2 PAs in first 2 years. Buh-bye.
Divorce finalized: 1/28/09
Now just living and loving again.
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation