Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
F
F
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I'm taking bets.

This thread will be locked by 5:00 p.m.

Any takers?

grin

It's 4:58....how much are we talking about???

I might just "take" that bet! crazy laugh

P
P
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
The abortion doesn't end when the woman leave the doctor's office. It follows her for life.

My daughter, who is now in her 30s, cannot look at her other two children without remembering the one that was lost. She has suffered depression for years because of it. It has colored her life completely.

PM, just a suggestion, but it might help if someone could talk with her about what forgiveness in Christ means.

NONE of us is without the need for forgiveness. But the difference is the COMPLETENESS of forgiveness from God.

Hugs to you and your daughter from someone who knows and understands your "hidden pain."

God bless.

Thank you FH. I agree. She won't discuss anything having to do with God right now, she too busy in yuppieland.

FWIW, most of us do not understand just how far God's grace and mercy extends if we only ask.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
PM, just a suggestion, but it might help if someone could talk with her about what forgiveness in Christ means.

NONE of us is without the need for forgiveness. But the difference is the COMPLETENESS of forgiveness from God.

Hugs to you and your daughter from someone who knows and understands your "hidden pain."

God bless.

FH, what is your opinion of a 16 yr old girl who is brainwashed into believing abortion is no more significant than removing a mole and then grows up and learns to her horror that she has blood on her hands and has murdered another human being?

How do you think God will judge the person who lied to this girl?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
I'm taking bets.

This thread will be locked by 5:00 p.m.

Any takers?

grin

It's 4:58....how much are we talking about???

I might just "take" that bet! crazy laugh

It's not 5:00 where I live... not even close. grin

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
FH, what is your opinion of a 16 yr old girl who is brainwashed into believing abortion is no more significant than removing a mole and then grows up and learns to her horror that she has blood on her hands and has murdered another human being?

I'd be interested to hear the answer to this.

B
B
Husband - Great post, and I agree. I had a roommate who got an abortion when she was 8 months pregnant. And that was back when it was only allowed for the health of the mother. The doctors said it was best for her mental health. This was 40 years ago, and it stunned me, because the child would have been viable outside of the womb.

FH - The bet is 5:00 MB time, still an hour to go.

P
P
Mods, please lock this thread. I have a bet to win.

Thank you. blush

B
B
LOL, not quite yet, PM.

So I am wondering what husband and FH think about birth control..............

F
F
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

God bless.

How theological do you want me to get, ML?

My opinion of her is that she is a child of God in need of knowing God and knowing God's love and forgiveness.

Please understand that I have "blood on my own hands," the blood of Jesus Christ. MY sins put Him on that cross as surely as if I pounded in the nails or pierced His side myself.

How God will judge this person is already known. And it depends entirely upon that person's relationship with God, through Christ, or his/her lack of a relationship with God wherein they CONTINUE to be lost in their sins, ALL of their sins.

I could go into more if you'd like, but THE issue regarding "God's Judgment" is "saved or not saved." It really IS that simple, because Jesus took on Himself ALL the sins of those who accept Him as their Lord and Savior.

Remember, "vengeance (as well as forgiveness) is mine, saith the LORD, I will repay." God WILL repay, unless the sentence has already been "paid in full" for us by Christ.

One of my favorite hymns talks about this: "How Great Thou Art."

H
H
A girl I was dating many many years ago went with me to visit a young couple expecting their first baby. We were having a great time until later in the evening my date became pale a told me she wasn’t feeling well. She had picked up an expecting mother’s book that was sitting on the coffee table and while thumbing through the pages and looking at the pictures of the baby through varies stages of life was hit with the realization of what she had done. I latter found out her parents had pushed her to get an abortion when she was in her teens and the remorse and quilt overwhelmed her. I was shocked, horrified and repulsed but her repentance was genuine and complete and I believe God will forgive her but I’m not sure she will ever forgive herself.

M
M
How God will judge this person is already known. And it depends entirely upon that person's relationship with God, through Christ, or his/her lack of a relationship with God wherein they CONTINUE to be lost in their sins, ALL of their sins.

Thanks for your answer, FH, that makes perfect sense. Even Paul was forgiven for murdering Christians when he repented, so I know there will also be forgiveness for those who repent of their crime of leading young girls to the slaughter mill.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by believer
"The ability to have a child is a gift that I would love to have."

MEDC - You are such a straight shooter and so different from most men, that I always (or almost always) enjoy your posts.

The ability to have a child IS a wonderful gift - too under-appreciated in my opinion.

smile

Thanks

M
M
great post.

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Thanks for your answer, FH, that makes perfect sense. Even Paul was forgiven for murdering Christians when he repented, so I know there will also be forgiveness for those who repent of their crime of leading young girls to the slaughter mill.

agreed..but some will never repent as their hearts (if they have one) have been hardened.

F
F
Originally Posted by medc
agreed..but some will never repent as their hearts (if they have one) have been hardened.

THAT has always been the "issue," MEDC.

But repentance of actions, alone, is not enough to answer the question that MelodyLane posed. She asked specifically about how GOD will judge, and THAT answer has also been given by God to us. "There is only one way to receive forgiveness of sin from God, and that is to believe in Jesus Christ as one's personal Lord and Savior." That means THE "Jesus" of Scripture, not "any Jesus." Not "He is NOT the second person of the Trinity," not "there are MANY 'paths' to God" that do not include the ONLY way that God has provided.

To deny that truth is to do essentially the same thing that pro-abortionists want us to believe, "it's okay to do whatever YOU want to do because there is NO 'right or wrong' that is applicable to everyone regardless of individual desires or beliefs." THOSE people are "in favor" of "aborting" our ability to be "born again," into eternal life WITH God. It's sort of the same "we want to do whatever we want to do and we don't want anyone (God) telling us that we are wrong."

B
B
Wow, Thanks JoJo for digging this up.

AKA VowsRSacred/ VRS Me 44 WH 46 dd Mar 7 06 Dday 2 Jan 19 07 EA and PA DD 19 DS 10 DS 7 DD 4
M
M

M
M
THOSE people are "in favor" of "aborting" our ability to be "born again," into eternal life WITH God.

No person on Earth has the ability to "abort" my communion with Jesus Christ. I have never met another person that wishes to take away my ability to have a union with Christ(nor do they seek to take away the physical life bestowed on me by my Savior). While they may have their won beliefs...and some may differ from mine...it does not impact my relationship with God.

I do not wish to TJ the thread. The discussion here is about abortion. If you wish to continue the discussion that you brought up, I will be glad to do it via email only.

B
B
Wow, I'm proud of us getting this far, without having the thread locked.

There is a poster here who had an affair and gave up the child for adoption. I wish she would chime in, because she has been there, made a pro-life choice and done the most loving thing.

So often I think that women just take what they perceive to be the easy way out. They claim that they could never give a child up, but have little problem ending the child's life.

F
F
Originally Posted by medc
THOSE people are "in favor" of "aborting" our ability to be "born again," into eternal life WITH God.

No person on Earth has the ability to "abort" my communion with Jesus Christ. I have never met another person that wishes to take away my ability to have a union with Christ(nor do they seek to take away the physical life bestowed on me by my Savior). While they may have their won beliefs...and some may differ from mine...it does not impact my relationship with God.

I do not wish to TJ the thread. The discussion here is about abortion. If you wish to continue the discussion that you brought up, I will be glad to do it via email only.

Huh? What got under your skin MEDC? I have never said that anyone can "take away" your being born again, though there ARE people who think you CAN lose your salvation. I get asked a theological question about my opinion on a 'situation,' and you jump to "this is about abortion?" I believe that WAS precisely the subject that I was answering, but if you don't like the analogy to "turning away from God," okay, but kindly don't try telling me what I can or cannot post, okay? There is already too much "thought police" stuff running around the system.

But that's not what I was referring to anyway. I was referring to the movement to "secularize" America and to take any reference to God out of the "public life." In case you haven't noticed some of the changes that have been going on, as well as changes since the election of eliminating "In God We Trust" from the public reception area of the Congress, THAT is what I was referring to.

They've already pushed God out of the schools. But they CAN talk all they want to about abortion, birth control, etc., all under the "guise" of sex education that parents have no control over.

And if you don't think that Satan is actively abetting the process of trying to hinder people from turning to God, well, I do think he is.

There is no need to email you with anything unless you have something you want to discuss "off the air."

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation