Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 95 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 94 95
H
H
SL, what about North Carolina? LOTS of biotech here in RTP. The schools in Wake County are great, Cary has been voted best place to live in the US, just don't live in Durham. The salarys are good, and it is still a good economy here, unlike so many other places. Plus, it's driving distance to MD, we belong to the Aquarium and go lots (stopping at the Ikea at Potomac Mills on the way back, lol).

Something to consider, it's still close for the zombie to visit your son, but still a great change. The weather is awesome here!

HTH

I'm the FWW EA 2/06-3/06 NC 3/06 BH still not sure
S
OP Offline
S
Home with the ICK today. I hear ya, howtoheal, but the desert is calling. I have always dreamt of living in Arizona or New Mexico; Never could quite figure out why--weird. Yes, it is further from DS's dad for sure. I'll do what it takes to ensure that he gets whatever time his dad asks for.

I'm almost completely set on moving out there. I know the RTP has jobs galore; I considered moving down there the year before all h3ll broke loose and my marriage crumbled. I wonder if it was a a keen sense that my marriage was in trouble and I, as is sorta natural, was trying to run away.

Funny, you would think that's what this is all about--running away. NOPE. This is about chasing my dreams, solo. I've compromised myself to the brink for someone who was long gone, and I'm finally emerging from that mess; ready to move forward, ready to chase a new dream. I've got some old friends from the military that live out there who I have been in contact with, and biotech is good in Phoenix. The job market is not stellar, this I know. This move will take a considerable amount of time. I'm not moving tomorrow.

The divorce needs to take place first and foremost, as well, as ironing out the custody issues, house issues, etc. Lots of work to do before any move is made.

LG, thanks for dropping in. Anybody who has LG's email and mine, please forward my address so that he can be on the hit list.

I am grateful for the responses and concerns. I'm kind of a stubborn girl; once I set my sights on something, it's hard to veer me off course; kinda like attempting to save my marriage smirk. I have put a great deal of thought and countless hours of reading into this, as well as getting the opinions of my friends here and IRL, and will continue to do so.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
There is still a little room in Colorado. Not a desert. A "high arid plain."

I used to have to go to Pheonix every 3-4 months or so for work. March, very nice. July, not so nice. And the monsoons are weird.

The runaway dream of most guys I know always seemed to be some clapboard hermit shack in Alaska.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by chrisner
The runaway dream of most guys I know always seemed to be some clapboard hermit shack in Alaska.

That explains a lot :crosseyedcrazy:

I've been to Arizona--Tucson--was there in July. Hot as all get out, but the evenings and nights were so beautiful. I'm not much of winter lover, either. I love the summertime. No shack for me though, thanks wink

Last edited by silentlucidity; 11/06/08 11:42 AM. Reason: cause I screwed the quote thingy up

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
Mmmmm... ice fishing.. and lake hockey

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
SL, you sound so good.

I hope you are able to catch those dreams. The planning is 1/2 the fun!

Take care of yourself today and get over the ICK.

Glad to see you around these parts again.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
I learned from MB that a plan is best, and that takes a lot of searching and seeking clarity. I've been praying a whole lot more, and reading all that I can find about transitions.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
reading all that I can find about transitions.

Fast breaks or defensive transitions?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by chrisner
Fast breaks or defensive transitions?

Yes, those, sure, let's go with that...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
I love it when the gang is all here......

We're short a few, but I bet their feelin' the vibe.

Fox

J
J
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

Fox

Let's leave the whole vibe sentiment out of this..

Most of us guys can't relate. dance2

I'll be here all week folks...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
I've been to Arizona--Tucson--was there in July
Tucson and Phoenix are different places, I think. More altitude for Tucson makes more bearable.

Of course, I don't have to tell you where the best weather is. . . .

B
B
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

Fox

WAZZUPP!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
hurray hurray

Hey, James - I hope you are not talking about B.O.B.s. - you just keep that kinda stuff to yourself.

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, yeah, we all know where the MOST EXPENSIVE AIR IS...can't afford it.

I figure, lotsa poeps are living in the 'burbs outside of Phoenix, why not me? Jobs in Tucson are few and far between for us 'techies; they exist, but not in abundance. Anyway, I've heard it's a DRYYYYYY heat. grin

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C

Originally Posted by SL
we all know where the MOST EXPENSIVE AIR IS...can't afford it.

Wisconsin's Dairy Air? It's still affordable. You could get a cheesehead.

Last edited by chrisner; 11/06/08 03:26 PM.

B
B

Hey SL!

Hope the ICK is gone today! I was definately feeling the 'vibe' yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,! blush

Meaning = I was able to read but not post!

You DO sound great!

Funny, you would think that's what this is all about--running away. NOPE. This is about chasing my dreams, solo.

Perfect!

You go girl! Get that plan together in it's own time with thoughtful prayer and it will all come together.

Oh the air here in the Midwest is great,,,,,,,,,but not quite so much happening on the biotech stuff. Unless you count all of the genetic engineering for high yield corn or special colored cows!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
J
J
Originally Posted by WildNFoxy
Hey, James - I hope you are not talking about B.O.B.s. - you just keep that kinda stuff to yourself.

Originally Posted by Bugsmom
I was definately feeling the 'vibe' yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,! blush

naughty uhuh

Now girls.. c'mon.. you're going to be driving some wacky cajun guy nuts with these sorts of openings.

Just askin fer trouble..

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Oh the air here in the Midwest is great,,,,,,,,,but not quite so much happening on the biotech stuff. Unless you count all of the genetic engineering for high yield corn or special colored cows!

Chocolate Cows make Chocolate Milk donchaknow...

So sayeth the bald stallion of a bass player from the land of corn and soybeans..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Now girls.. c'mon.. you're going to be driving some wacky cajun guy nuts with these sorts of openings.

Ya'll keep my wacky nuts out of this!! grin

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 11/07/08 10:39 AM. Reason: cause I HAD to add wacky

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
L
L
Hi SL,

Just got caught up a bit on what's happening with you.

You sound good, and I agree with you...it's best to have...plans...helps with focusing on the positives and can be the road back to reclaiming some past....dreams!

I don't have your email so if you catch this post, and you wouldn't mind, please consider sending me an email so I'll have it on hand.

Take care.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Page 73 of 95 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation