Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 75 of 95 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 94 95
B
B
SL,

I'm so happy to see how you are reaching out to embrace new ideas, places, thoughts, and plans for you & DS! Truly the actions of a successful MB Goddess! Especially the part about mixing up some great Margarita's from it all!! whoo hoo!

I can only imagine the huge smile on DS's face after carrying the ball the other day in his game. Nothing can buy that kind of joy on a child's face,,,,,,,,,,or the wondeful feelings it brings to our hearts when we see it!

It's so great to have you here as such a shining example to us all.

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Bugsy
I can only imagine the huge smile on DS's face after carrying the ball the other day in his game. Nothing can buy that kind of joy on a child's face,,,,,,,,,,or the wondeful feelings it brings to our hearts when we see it!

It really was fantastic to watch him go! He was so proud--beaming, even.

Gearing up to get the baking done this evening, and hit the ground running in the morning to prepare the roast beast.

Hope y'all have a Great Thanksgiving. Don't forget to count your blessings... :gobblegobble:

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
L
L
Hi SL,

Bugs said it well enough! hurray

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by luna
Hi SL,

Originally Posted by bugsy

Bugs said it well enough!

Well, most days I feel kinda dull, but thanks. Been having a bit of a struggle with the weather change and darkness; some depression has set in. I'm combatting it as best I can with exercise and fake it 'til you make it mentality. Also, I cry a little when I need to.

None of the sadness is over my marriage. Well, that's not exactly true, some sadness for just the utter waste. meh, it is what it is now. I can't go back and change it, neither can the Z. I'm proud of my efforts, so I don't get too down about it all.

Thanks for dropping in. Life is just moving along, and for that, for the lack of drama and pain, I am grateful.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Hey SL!

I understand how you feel with the weather/time/darkness. I've been in a bit of a funk myself.

I need to try the exercise thing - the dual benefit of physical & mental improvement is just the ticket.

Sorry you've had some down moments, but it's good that you have the ability/strength to recognize it, take some steps to combat it, and keep on going. It's so much better than those days where those feelings would come along and completely overwhelm us, isn't it? And, while being a bit sad about the loss of your M, it no longer has the power to knock you off your feet any more. It will come up from time to time - something that can't be helped. I often wonder if/when the time will come where it is merely nothing more than a fleeting thought. Hope it is soon for all of us.

Hang in there. Grandma told me Thursday that it won't be long before we hit the peak and the days start to get longer again!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

L
L
Hi SL,

Been having a bit of a struggle with the weather change and darkness; some depression has set in. I'm combatting it as best I can with exercise and fake it 'til you make it mentality. Also, I cry a little when I need to.

I am sorry about this, SL. Does it help to know you are not alone?

...and on a more positive note, I am with Bugs,

It's so much better than those days where those feelings would come along and completely overwhelm us, isn't it?

...YES IT IS!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
S
Been having a bit of a struggle with the weather change and darkness; some depression has set in.
I hear you. I think I had a touch of that myself, but I came in this morning feeling great. Except for the fact that I still haven't started my self-evaluation.

So I was walking through the cafeteria this morning on my way to get my morning Diet Mountain Dew (they were all out of diet, so I had to get the leaded one. Yee-hah!), and I glanced at the Big Screen TV, which was showing CNN (they used to show company info, but no one paid any attention to it, so now they leave it on CNN). It was the usual talking heads, but down at the bottom it said "BREAKING NEWS," which caught my attention. Underneath that, it said "US ECONOMY IN RECESSION."

This is breaking news?

Anyway, hope your week is starting out better. Give us an update when you can. Any hot job leads from the Southwest?

C
C
Originally Posted by SD
It was the usual talking heads, but down at the bottom it said "BREAKING NEWS," which caught my attention. Underneath that, it said "US ECONOMY IN RECESSION."

This is breaking news?

I heard from three separate qualified sources today that Wayzilla's company will not make it to Januaray 1st. Same time frame Wayzilla keeps dropping hints on DD20.961 about and her need to make "big decisions."

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Last edited by chrisner; 12/01/08 04:41 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
"Why yes, sir, I think this hat looks great on you. It matches your eyes."

"Have you considered boots?"

S
OP Offline
S
The depression has abated, and I'm feelin pretty good these last couple of days, even with yesterday being a complete WASH OUT weather wise.

I've seen some good prospects for jobs in Phoenix and a couple in Tucson, not much in between. I'm not interested in working in academia (too slow), so I'm just gonna keep looking in the private sector. I wouldn't be making any moves until the summer, at the earliest, but I do need to get my resume circulating wink

WE'RE IN A R-E-C-E-S-S-I-O-N!!!! Holy carp! I had no idea! I have been wondering why the money coming in doesn't match the money going out, but I figured I had just suddenly become bad at balancing my budget. I am just STUNNED!!! :RollieEyes: sigh

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
"We've got both kinds. . . Country and Western."

C
C
DD20.961 says if she goes to Mordor Springs she might just as well be in Cambodia for all she will see her.

Wayzilla has all her chips on the table now and I think this might be the last hand.

"Why yes, sir, I think this hat looks great on you. It matches your eyes."

"Have you considered boots?"

"I have a seeping belly button ring! Wanna see?"

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Wayzilla has all her chips on the table now and I think this might be the last hand.
Sorry for DD20.961, of course. Pass along my best to her. Only a couple of weeks til her 21st birthday!

[end t/j]

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by chrisner
"I have a seeping belly button ring! Wanna see?"
puke

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Q
Q
Hey SL,

How are you? Any decisions on the horizons and interesting happenings.

I sure miss you alot.....

:happyholidays:

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
Yes, where is the update we requested? Are you feeling better?

Enquiring amigos want to know.

S
OP Offline
S
Not much new to add to my saga. Got a letter from my A stating I have a scheduling conference on Jan 9th. I'm going to put a call in to her about my thoughts on moving and how she thinks I should handle delivering the message and dealing with subsequent visitation issues.

I someteimes feel uneasy about the whole thing for mulitple reasons. One, DS would have to adjust to a completely new environment and he wouldn't see his dad every week (video conferencing might help). I would have to adjust, but I'm excited about it at the same time.

I'm making a trip out to Arizona next week to see some friends and just see what's doin. It's been a long time since I've travelled--since my honeymoon. Sheesh! I look forward to getting away for a weekend and going for a hike in the desert! Temps are lookin lovely there right now. I could use some sun and change in scenery...

My life's pretty vanilla, so there's just nothing exciting to post.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 12/11/08 12:21 PM.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
My life's pretty vanilla, so there's just nothing exciting to post.

Yeah... DS isn't fond of vanilla either, so you should do what we did last night.

Squeeze on some chocolate syrup and whipped topping, and a few sprinkles never hurts..

wink

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
Hi SL,

:MerryChristmas:... Your life may seem vanilla to you, BUT you matter big time to all of US.

Hopefully you get some time soon to check in and let us know how you are doing in that world of yours.

WE MISS YOU..... I MISS YOU.....

hug

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
SL,

Hey girl!

I'm making a trip out to Arizona next week to see some friends and just see what's doin. It's been a long time since I've travelled--since my honeymoon. Sheesh! I look forward to getting away for a weekend and going for a hike in the desert! Temps are lookin lovely there right now. I could use some sun and change in scenery...

A well deserved, and LONG overdue trip doesn't sound too vanilla to me!!

Glad to know you are starting to consider a plan for putting the moving idea out there. I know it's a tough thought when thinking about DS, but know that when you do something like this that will benefit you in so many ways, it will also benefit DS. Yes, change can be tough at first, but you are such a wonderful mother that you will figure out how to make it the best for DS!!

One step at a time. As my girls and I are very fond of saying these days, "It will work out exactly as it is meant to be".

So, tell us what fun things you are doing for the holidays! Any parties? Any Goddess wear? Fun shopping? Ice skating? Cookie baking??

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

Page 75 of 95 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation