Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
Originally Posted by NewJersey
Put another way how often do you see a really knockout cleaning lady?

Ours is quite stunning as a matter of fact NJ...

Wow, I think I might blow a couple of holes in your stereotypes with this post...

I have a tattoo, and am a SAHM that can afford a cleaning lady...a beautiful one to boot! faint

Is this rockin' your world or what? laugh

Mrs. W

ETA: NJ, there is NOTHING wrong with being a cleaning lady...It is a good, honest living...

T
T
Originally Posted by medc
See, when I go into a company restroom, the most I will say to the person cleaning the room is a quick "hello."

You talk in the restroom?!? Were you taught nothing as a child? Walk in, do your business and leave as fast as humanly possible; no talking, eye contact, sideways glances and especially no hand/foot gestures.

No lie, I just saved your life.

You're welcome.

grin

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
B
B
tattoo neutral

I've seen some that I think are nice and some that I think are tacky. Angelina Jolie is tacky for so many other reasons than her tattoos but her choice of art work sure doesn't help. rotflmao

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
K
K
Oh dear, looks like all those tattooed young lawyers, doctors, engineers, musicians, artists and arts graduates that my university keeps churning out in its thousands won't get jobs. :RollieEyes:

Oh, wait a minute, most of them do get very good jobs.

Horrors, you probably don't think overweight people should work in prime positions either. Or women. No, they're probably ok because some of them are "symmetrical".

Interesting, NJ, you don't understand what a stereotype is, yet you keep using a stereotypical Jewish expression.

medc, when you're on a roll you are GOOD. rotflmao

M
M
NJ, it's okay to cry "uncle" yanno...wink

Mrs. W

H
H
There is no for or against in my eyes. It is an individuals choice if they want one. I do not 'judge' a person by the fact that have or don't have ink. I generally ask why they got their tattoo and what it means. That gives me good insight into the type of person they are.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
S
S
Well I have a tattoo and it has no meaning i simply got it just because, it is on my shoulder and most of the time it is not visible. I happen to like it and think it is cute.

My DDs both have tattoos, my oldest has a "tramp stamp" and another one on her hip. My yougest has one on her shoulder and one on the back of her neck. None of them are "trashy" in any way shpe or form and i do not think any of us are "trashy" because we have one.

G
Gamma Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Kiwi,

Interesting, NJ, you don't understand what a stereotype is, yet you keep using a stereotypical Jewish expression.

So we should ignore ethnic language words in the english language? Would using Yiddish words like smuck, shalmeil, etc be a form of anti-semitism? Worse is not knowing those words.

I would say that not understanding the role of Yiddish in the formation of the modern American sense of humor is a form of gross cultural illiteracy. Most jokes you hear today have Yiddish ancestors.

NJ

M
M
Originally Posted by newjersey
Kiwi,

So we should ignore ethnic language words in the english language? Would using Yiddish words like smuck, shalmeil, etc be a form of anti-semitism? Worse is not knowing those words.

I would say that not understanding the role of Yiddish in the formation of the modern American sense of humor is a form of gross cultural illiteracy. Most jokes you hear today have Yiddish ancestors.

NJ

and the stroking continues.

G
Gamma Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Medc,

I'm under the impression that your reading is limited to the bible.

NJ

M
M
Medc,

NJ

Actually NJ, it is patently clear if you've been around here at all that MEDC has read more than the Bible, however, from the way that you worded that, is there something wrong with reading the Bible? Is there another stereotype that you wish to propagate here? Another box to that you desire to put people in? Odd, because your first post on this thread was signed "God Bless"...Perhaps I'm not following you here...

Mrs. W

M
M

well, you have once again proved ignorant to the facts...perhaps the smell of Tidy Bowl is getting to you.

so, what is the purpose of this thread?

M
M
Medc,

NJ

you know NJ, if you keep this up too long...you are bound to go blind. Imagine that...you'd have no ability to disrespectfully judge another's "symmetry."

B
B
NJ, what is the purpose of this thread if only an attempt to be offensive?

So far, I think anyone responding to this thread has shown that they are comfortable with their imperfections and are intellectual enough so as not to be offended.

You are entitled to your opinion of tattoos and other bodily imperfections. What is your purpose in sharing that opinion?

So far, this thread is saying more about YOU than what you are trying to say about others.

ba109
H
H
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
Well I have a tattoo and it has no meaning i simply got it just because, it is on my shoulder and most of the time it is not visible. I happen to like it and think it is cute.

My DDs both have tattoos, my oldest has a "tramp stamp" and another one on her hip. My yougest has one on her shoulder and one on the back of her neck. None of them are "trashy" in any way shpe or form and i do not think any of us are "trashy" because we have one.

I also believe people get tattoos b/c they think they are pretty. In my eyes, the meaning is beauty (or art). The tattoo itself may have no meaning, but it 'means' something.

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
G
Gamma Offline OP
OP Offline
G
BA109,

I don't think too many people have addressed if there is any truth in what I have said, they seemed too busy being indignant.

I keep pressing the "submit" button how odd is that?

NJ

B
B
There you go again NJ. Why must you post the way you do? Does it make you feel superior to spew things so readily available with a click of the mouse on Google?

I can psychobabble right along with the best of them. You ramble on from post to post, trying to provoke. Trying to show your "intelligence," your "worldly knowledge," and your "vernacular."

I have read your posts to others on different threads. Not sure why you are here, why you feel you have the ability to offer any advise to others or why you feel compelled to "educate" us on tattoo's, jokes by Yiddish ancestors, the inner wiring of the human race, ugly cleaning ladies, upper level managements opinions, mummies and icemen, Nietzsche quotes, quotes from comedian Groucho Marx on protecting a woman......the list goes on and insanely on.

Oh, and if you want to quote Nietzsche, you should think about this one....."A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends." Frederick Nietzsche

Or my favorite....
"
Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't." Frederick Nietzsche

Respectfully,
Beam

Me:BS 41
Him:WH 37
Married:18 Years
Together:24 Years
DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
M
M
BA109,

I don't think too many people have addressed if there is any truth in what I have said, they seemed too busy being indignant.

I keep pressing the "submit" button how odd is that?

NJ

Ahem, no, you've chosen not to address the people who have shown you that there is no truth to what you said...

While I'm certain there ARE people who are as you have described, your sweeping generalization proclaiming that ALL people with tattoos are ____, ____ and ____ is more than a little ridiculous...

I was truly hoping that you would learn the dangers of stereotyping from what has been said to you on this thread...I'm an optimist and I still hold out hope...

Mrs. W

R
R
This thread started in a defamatory fashion and has stayed that way in its entirety. Time for a lock.

Revera01@aol.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation