Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
One week to tryouts! Looks like we will be somewhere around 45 girls trying out for 30 spots. We have been running hard in our pre-season camp and have convinced a few kids that this ain’t their game. It’s getting pretty exciting but the 13 hour days are catching up with me. We have the night off tonight because in spite of having a beautiful auditorium in the school, they chose to have a concert in the ……gym. ????

Oh well, I can finally do some desperately needed housework this evening. I can see myself already; pushing the vacuum with my right hand, bourbon in the left.

Last night as we were out in the hall waiting for the boys to finish their camp I started taping a couple girl’s ankles. After taping a couple players I turn around and there is this tiny cheerleader standing there asking if I could tape her ankle too because the trainer was out. I said sure and she jumps up on the table sans shoe and socks. I kid you not, I could have put her in one of those fly tying clamp thingys with the magnifying glass. It was like taping a parakeet’s ankle. Do parakeets have ankles? I’m not sure cheerleaders do.

We got a big doom and gloom memo from the CEO about the trying times ahead and the drastic actions that will be required. Funny, 2-1/2 years ago this would have kept me up all night worrying. Now it’s just another possible bump in the road. We’ll see.

DD20.893 is doing good. Starting next week I will get to see her just about every day. I can’t wait.

All Quiet on the Wayzilla Front….. Annnnnnnnd That’s The Way - uh huh uh huh - I Like It - uh huh uh huh.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Oh well, I can finally do some desperately needed housework this evening. I can see myself already; pushing the vacuum with my right hand, bourbon in the left.

Please don't wear the apron, the neighbors might see.....

DD20.893 is doing good. Starting next week I will get to see her just about every day. I can’t wait

hurray

This is so cool, that you guys share a passion. I'm so proudayou.

WayZilla who? Isn't she extinct yet?

Always glad to see an update from ya, coach. Have a sip swig of bourbon for me, wouldya?

Fox

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Please don't wear the apron, the neighbors might see.....

Hey Cowgirl, I am a cleaning machine. During Plan A, when if anything I was going over the top at household chores, I rigged up a caddy on the back of the vacuum that could carry my feather duster, Pledge can and dusting rags.

I enter a room armed to the teeth for dust bunnies, dust the room from high to low, Pledge the wood surfaces and vacuum up.

All I need now is a cup holder for a bourbon tumbler.

Don't worry, I don't have an apron. But I have to do a couple loads of laundry as well so I may not have pants on. I'll close the curtains.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Hey Cowgirl, I am a cleaning machine. During Plan A, when if anything I was going over the top at household chores, I rigged up a caddy on the back of the vacuum that could carry my feather duster, Pledge can and dusting rags.

I enter a room armed to the teeth for dust bunnies, dust the room from high to low, Pledge the wood surfaces and vacuum up.

Would you like my address? wink

Don't worry, I don't have an apron. But I have to do a couple loads of laundry as well so I may not have pants on.

Oh. blush Maybe not.

laugh

Fox

Last edited by wildhorses74; 11/06/08 04:23 PM. Reason: stupid quoty things
S
S
Originally Posted by foxy
Would you like my address?

You can have mine, just be sure you keep your underoos on while cleaning...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
OUCH!!!! MY BRAIN, MY BRAIN!!!!!

Fox (visual thinker)

Last edited by wildhorses74; 11/06/08 04:28 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
You can have mine, just be sure you keep your underoos on while cleaning...

UNDEROOS!!! The underwear that's fun to wear!!

I had Superman underoos as a kid.. and mom has blackmail photos of me getting ready to leap to my death from the back of the couch with a red blanket tied around my neck for effect..

Interesting contrast though to the speedo years.

Chris.. I'm going to need the blueprints for your cleaning caddy. I've been defiling a toolbelt with my housecleaning gear, which I'm sure violates some kind of man-law.. though it does have a clip for my Boilermaker Beer Coolie.. or a spillproof scotch 'cup'.. which again, I'm sure violates some rule... but functional for all-day cleaning.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
OP Offline
C
Well, I have a girl’s basketball team. God help me.

Actually I have 3-teams, varsity, JV (DD20.912s) and a level 3 team.

The coaches were out until 11:00 PM selecting and placing the 30 survivors. We had to cut a few kids of course and that always sucks. I’m tired.

Varsity is sooooooooooooo young. Only one senior and two juniors. The rest are sophomores and we probably will move a freshman guard up in a few weeks. She is a fine player but she is not ready for varsity size, strength and speed. But hopefully she adapts quick.

Real practice starts tonight. I get to see DD again. That will be fun.

Everything else is going well. I got on a big but mindlessly tedious project at work so that will occupy a few days.

I reminded DD that her Mother’s birthday is next Friday. She was not thrilled. That will be the two year anniversary of when I finally woke up and realized there was a big ‘ol stinky fluid swapping adultery in my life. The 23rd is DD +2. It was Thanksgiving Day in 2006.

DD has been invited to Thanksgiving at Grandzilla’s and says she will probably go. She says if Gollum is there she is walking out and never returning.

She has not spoken to Wayzilla in November. The phone bill says she has tried to contact Wayzilla 9 times (5 times in one day last Thursday) including a call to her work and has not received a single return. She does not leave messages but obviously Wayzilla’s phone displays to her that DD called.

What a ho.

Well a few more brain cells to kill on my project and I’m off to practice.

Keep up the fight MBers.

B
B
Originally Posted by chrisner
Varsity is sooooooooooooo young.

Your lineup is about the same as my senior year of baseball. We stunk, but 2 years later they made a run for the state title. I'm sure ya'll will win plenty of games anyway, but man, the next couple of years to come should be spectacular.

Enjoy it Coach!

and as for as Wayzilla is concerned. Don't be too hard on her, I'm sure the phone reception sucks underneath the karma bus. smirk :RollieEyes:

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 11/14/08 11:02 AM.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
Mornin', Coach!

Your team may be young, but that just means you can train them the RIGHT way - no bad habits to work out of them.

With coaches like you and DD20, these will be teams to be reckoned with I'm sure.

I don't know what to say about WayZ anymore. Waywards are STOOPID.

Thanks for the update.

Fox

W
W
What up, coach?

Fox

B
B

What up, coach?

He's probably running drills and giving many pre-season interviews!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Ladies!

I started looking for my thread 5-6 pages back and couldn’t find it. I thought the moderators finally had enough of me. Then I see I had visitors.

All is well. I have had a couple of “Woe is Me Blah Days” probably due to the anniversary of D-Day+2. DD20.945 has been feeling the same. But we’re cool. Thanksgiving will never quite be the same.

Like I said on your thread, after a two week blackout Wayzilla suddenly became interested in her daughter again and started answering the phone and even returning calls. Wayzilla started saying things like, “I miss you.” “I need to see you more.” “All I want for my birthday and Christmas is to spend time with you.” “I have some big decisions to make soon.”

Sumpin’s up.

So DD leaves practice early to have dinner with her Mother and the XILs last Friday night for Wayzilla’s birthday. They are only at the restaurant for 1-1/2 and the new and improved “I need to see you more.” Wayzilla takes a call on her cell and spends 40-minutes outside the restaurant in hushed tones. What an idiot.

After dinner they go back to Bulldozer Barn for cake. Wayzilla keeps dropping little hints that change is coming around January 1st. Then Wayzilla and the Grandzillas decide it would be nice to talk about Gollum. DD stood up, wished them a nice evening and left.

I guess we will see what’s going on the next few weeks. I do think her job is really getting very shaky now. She needs Gollum to be her White Knight. We’ll see. Gollum is no Galahad.

Basketball is going well. Very draining! We have scrimmages against some highly ranked teams on Saturday and I think that will be a wake up call for varsity. The JV is not offering enough friction in drills and scrimmages and the varsity tends to play down to them. Boys do not do that ever. I think it is one of the many reasons that many successful boys coaches struggle coaching girls.

But they are a bunch of sweet kids and it is a pleasure to work with them.

First official game is December 2nd. Oh Boy! We have seven away games and only one home game before the Christmas shutdown.

Thanks for checking in. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving in the “new normal.”

W
W
Hey! Der you are!

Wayzilla takes a call on her cell and spends 40-minutes outside the restaurant in hushed tones. What an idiot.

:twobyfour:

Just when you think there might be an inkling of a decent human being in there.....the prove ya wrong. What the heyall could be so important that she couldn't wait for after dinner?

Maybe Gollum had a zit on his butt.

DD stood up, wished them a nice evening and left.

I know I've told you before, but I LOVE your DD. It takes a STRONG person to stick by their convictions and actually take a stand when they have no one right with them to back them up.

I am in awe.

I'm glad b-ball is going so well. Girls CAN be tough - but once they get on the right track, there won't be any stopping them.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, chris. I know it's tough with so many anniversarys right together - but you have much to be thankful for.

One day, Thanksgiving won't be the same - it will be BETTER. One day, it will just be a passing thought. You will have much more to fill your days.

Fox

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Maybe Gollum had a zit on his butt.

Or a drip from his........nevermind.

W
W
Nose, I'm sure you were gonna say nose.

rotflmao

Infections will do that to ya - or so I hear.

Fox

J
J
Man.. DD-Almost drinkin age is a superstar there Chris..

You've got a lot to be proud of in that one. I can't imagine how difficult all this is on her. My oldest SIL is still standing up for what she believes in despite pressure from her sisters and her dad to 'normalize' WW's infidelity. She describes it as a 'dark spot' in her life she elects not to focus on. I imagine it's probably much the same for DD.

Glad to hear you'll be busy, and yeah I'm sure Thanksgiving won't be the same, but you'll just have to find new stuff to be thankful for bro.

I'd start with that wonderful DD of yours.

At any rate.. get the cases of scotch ready.. you've got another train pulling into the D-Line station in 2 weeks.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Originally Posted by foxyalicious
Just when you think there might be an inkling of a decent human being in there

I will never ASSUME a wayward has even a smidge of altruism unless proven over and over again. WZ hasn't even come CLOSE. That's where the whole acceptance thingy comes in. If DD20 accepts that WZ is a pile of turd, unless otherwise proven, then she may fare better. Easier to stand up and bid the craptastic side of the family ADIEU.

I don't think I would have given the 40 minutes that WZ took. I prolly would have counted five, and then gotten up and left. IF something is not on fire on the other end of that line (which is too bad, if Gollum was on the other end) or someone was not dieing (again, Gollum on the other end would be divine in that instance), then I would take it as a huge slight and skeedaddled tout de suite. I have zero tolerance for crap like that anymore.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Santa Fe Lucidity
I don't think I would have given the 40 minutes that WZ took. I prolly would have counted five, and then gotten up and left.

Yep, me too. But DD would have a very difficult time doing that to her Grandparents I'm sure.

Wayzilla just keeps putting her in tough spots that require a lot of moral courage and character. DD keeps passing the test her own Mother never could. I am very proud of her.

I forgot to mention that DD, her boyfriend, DGS and I got together last Saturday night at my house for dinner and puttin' up the old tannenbaum. It was a nice time.

Have a great Thanksgiving O'Silent One! If you do move to New Mexico someday we can meet up for Margaritas in Taos or Durango.

S
S
Your DD amazes me, Chrisner, and, not to sound condescending, but I am very proud of her actions in the face of all of this crapola.

I'm a bit older than her (not by much, though :RollieEyes:) and have the benefit of being the direct recipient of bullpoo from the WS, so I have zero tolerance. The relationship she has with her mother is a whole different dynamic. She's doing very well with it all. I know DD20 gets hurt over and over again by her mother's actions, and WZ has no idea how much more she loses her daughter with every stoopid call.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Page 38 of 52 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation