Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 52 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 51 52
B
B
Wayzilla just keeps putting her in tough spots that require a lot of moral courage and character. DD keeps passing the test her own Mother never could. I am very proud of her.

She does not merely pass the test, Chris, her actions would implode any bell curve grading system out there! Talk about passing with flying colors. She is da' bomb!

I forgot to mention that DD, her boyfriend, DGS and I got together last Saturday night at my house for dinner and puttin' up the old tannenbaum. It was a nice time.

And so the new traditions begin. This sounds wonderful!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
My 2 year Dday is Christmas. It seems like you have been D'd for ages and I'm not even close. I guess a difference in WS's -mine wanted a baking career and yours didn't. Somehow I think you are the lucky one. You got the heart ripped out cold turkey, I got the heart ripped out one tiny piece at a time.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
W
W
What's shootin', Coach?

Fox

S
S
First official game is December 2nd.

[looks at calendar]

Well?

B
B
must still be celebratin the victory!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Cajun 007
must still be celebratin the victory!

Nope. Sorry to disappoint, but we got hammered. Picture a game played between the Norwegians With Bats versus The Baby Seals. As I said before we are really young and my only player who could actually start for someone else’s varsity was suspended for our first two games due to an unfortunate “incident” a couple months ago.

The team we played last night is somewhere around 4th ranked in 4A for the state. Not a good draw on opening night for a team that could use a little shot of confidence.

The sophomores looked like the pictures of the Tommie’s in the Western Front trenches in 1917. They all had a vacant, 1,000 yard stare. One forgot to keep breathing while on the court and nearly passed out at halftime. None of these kids would get any varsity time on any other team in our league. And I had to start 3 of them last night.

Like I said, we have a lot of work to do.

DD20.967’s JV kids struggled early but put together a nice comeback. They still lost but it gave them a little boost. The varsity will probably look like hamsters that barely survived a fight with the housecat by escaping and hiding under the refrigerator. I will have to lure them back out with little treats or something.

Otherwise all is well.

I heard from three different sources a couple days ago that Wayzilla’s company will probably not make it to New Years. That fits with her little vague hints to DD that she has some big decisions to make by January 1st. DD went over to Grandzillas for an hour on Thanksgiving. She did not stay for dinner. It was just Wayzilla and the XILs. DD said the conversations were awkward and strained and she was glad to get out of there. She had her Thanksgiving with her boyfriend’s family.

Now it seems Wayzilla has gone back into silence as she has not called or answered a call from DD since last Thursday.

Well, I got practice tonight for our next game tomorrow. Better get some treats on the way to school.

Thanks for checking in all!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
W
W
Thanks for the update!

escaping and hiding under the refrigerator. I will have to lure them back out with little treats or something.

That's funny as heyall.

Good things you have a good sense of humor. Gotta be careful not to scare them back under the refrigerator once you lure them out.

Wayzilla’s company will probably not make it to New Years.

I'll be looking forward to this update, too.

Now it seems Wayzilla has gone back into silence as she has not called or answered a call from DD since last Thursday.

grumble

Good luck with practice. It's hard to TEACH confidence, but I bet you have a few tricks up your sleeve.

Fox

C
OP Offline
C
Hmmmmm.......DD20.969 just called. Wayzilla contacted her this morning and told her that I need to pick her up on my insurance. She once again told DD she has a "big decision" to make this week.

Of course I can't do that unless her insurance company provides me with a Certificate of Credible Coverage. The balls in dummo's court. So I guess we will know the truth soon.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Well.. it's tough to hear over the D-Train pulling into the station, but I could have sworn I saw a karma bus headed towards the bulldozer barn on the way in.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
How many tires of the Karma bus are going to run over WayZ this time?

Drum roll, please............

Fox

J
J
Foxy!!!

skeptical

You... hey you..

I don't have enough brain left to share this week.. get yer own!

rant2

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
rotflmao

Well, they DO say that great minds think alike.

Or is that little minds.... think

laugh

Fox

J
J
Girl.. this is Chris' thread.. you DO NOT want us to start using our little minds.. grin

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
shocked

S
S
Sorry to disappoint, but we got hammered. Picture a game played between the Norwegians With Bats versus The Baby Seals.
Just like how Hoosiers started, right? Loved the refrigerator analogy and look forward to more game descriptions.

L
L
Chris:

I hope the Basketball team improves as much as your life has in the next two years....

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Hi LG! Thanks for the thoughts.

We lost last Thursday night although parents said it was the best the girls played in 2-years. We were down by 1 at the half but made the necessary defensive adjustments to take a 5 point lead going into the 4th. We carried that lead until 3 minutes left and then a girl with no particular shooting skill and who had not scored all night hits 2-consecutive threes (one a catch and launch banker from NBA land) and ignited their team. We had to start fouling in the last minute but they nailed their free throws and the game 51-47. Better but bummer.

The skid stopped on Saturday. We played a very scrappy team from of all places Mordor Springs. Our best player was able to return to the lineup finally after her 2-game suspension and promptly got into deep foul trouble (the first came 45 seconds into the game). We were down by 10 with 2-minutes in the first half when those shell shocked sophomores from the first game reeled off 5-unanswered points and put us back in the game at the break. They are growing up fast now.

Halftime was very weird. They were tearing up and their faces were getting all blotchy red. This was a team that was already beat. This took some pretty careful management by my assistant and me. They had not won a game since last January 15th and were believing that maybe they never will again. It was a combo of pats on the back, soft boots to the butt and a dose of humor.

The other team had a kid who was killing us driving the lane, hitting the layups and getting our bigs in foul trouble. At the half we went to an aggressive 1-1-3 matchup zone but put the top guard in man-2-man on their point. I told her not even to see where the ball is. Just look her in the eyes, keep your number on her number and keep her out of their offense. The girl had 17 points on us at halftime. She only hit a pair of free throws in the whole second half.

But it was not over. We had a 6-point lead with 1:30 left when a girl who had not scored a point the whole game hits 2-consecutive threes and ties the game. The exact same situation as on Thursday night! Deja Poop!

This time however the girls kept their poise, drove to the rack twice, got fouled twice, hit all 4-free throws and went home with a 62-58 win. Our only senior hit the second pair of free throws that iced the game. When she hit the second shot she jumped in the air kicking her legs like a 6-year old girl on Christmas morning. It was great.

I was so happy for them.

As an interesting side note, all the boys I coached last year from the rival high school were playing a game after us and were loudly cheering for our girls. It was great to see all those boys again. I asked one of my guards when she ever thought the boys from P. High would be cheering for the girls from S high. She said, “Their not cheering for us coach, they are cheering for you.” Wow. That pulled a little at the heart strings.

Practice tonight and a tough game against a good team tomorrow at home. Thursday we are at a school that is 2-minutes from my work and next Saturday we get to play the 4th ranked team in 5A at their gym. Long week.

DD20.980 won Thursday with a 12 point comeback, 36-34. Her JV team played well for 3 quarters Saturday but foul trouble and loss of poise lost the game in the 4th. She is doing a good job. No Wayzilla at her games.

DD has not heard from Wayzilla so last weeks “Big Decision” remains a mystery. Whatever.

Have a great week MBers.

Last edited by chrisner; 12/08/08 12:00 PM.

W
W
Wow! When you get tired of being on the floor, you'd be great as an announcer. Excellant playback, almost felt like I was there. laugh

Just look her in the eyes, keep your number on her number and keep her out of their offense.

Excellent! Sometimes ya just gotta break it down. I know DD14 would forget things once she got on the court and into the heat of the moment.

DD has not heard from Wayzilla so last weeks “Big Decision” remains a mystery. Whatever.

Ugh. I'd just like to shake the shiyat out of some of these waywards.

'course that would take alot of shakin' since they are so full of it. I'd do my best, though. wink

Fox

S
S
Thanks for the PBP, coach. Great way to start the week.

C
OP Offline
C
The girls got their second win last night 52-33. They only won 5 of their 23 games last year. It was our first home game and we had a pretty decent crowd. Beat the team that comes from the town where they make that watery, flavorless beer they name ball parks after. The last time the high school girls beat that team DD20.986 was in uniform as a senior. She had a great game that night.

Our opponent has a freshman wunderkind point guard everyone was talking up big prior to the game. “Ball handles like a pro.” “Knocks down every three she launches.” Our freshman backup point absolutely schooled her on defense. She was so frustrated in the 4th quarter she was barely holding back tears. Her last 3-point attempt (never hit one during the game) hit the top of the backboard 2-feet to the right of the rim. Air Ball!!!

Turns out she was only the third best point guard in the game.

The sophomores had the first home game jitters and overall played poorly but at least they got it out of the way. It is different with an announcer (the softball coach does our announcing and she does a great job) and the boy’s teams in the stands chanting for you. They missed enough easy stick backs, stick ins and layups to have added 12-18 points to our total. One girl who hardly ever misses a layup got free on a wide open fast break. There was not a defender within 25 feet of her. The closer she got to the rim she started to look like she was becoming increasingly drunk. By the time she got there she was wobbling, stubbed the ball into the rim and nearly fell over.

All three levels play together tomorrow night at a school so close to my office I could walk there in 5-minutes. These games should be an opportunity for all three teams. It will be a nice night with DD. Hopefully her team can get another win.

This Christmas seems a lot harder for DD than last year. DGS and I went in together to buy her a very nice pendant necklace with her birthstone in it for her upcoming birthday.

DD has had no news about Wayzilla’s big decision yet. Maybe she is going to change hair color again or get something else pierced. It’s what mature, self reliant and independent adults do.

Page 39 of 52 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation