Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
grindnfool #2162859 11/24/08 08:01 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Dawn,

Enjoy yourself and take it for what it is. Weed out the good ones and give the others a chance. I've pretty much decided that I'm concentrating only on John for the moment as I'm not comfortable as a serial dater. My profile is still up but hidden from the general public and I've quit talking to the other potentials until I know that this is something real.

Grindnfool,

This is where I am still a work in progress but as it was explained to me by my male friend. John has not given me any reason to believe that he is cake eating so therefore I need to trust him and what he is saying to me; as hard as that is for me given my past baggage. One thing he and I had discussed from the very beginning was honesty. John is very much a straight shooter and I like that.

Last night John texted me after work and said he had a bad night and didn't feel like talking. I texted him back and said it was okay and to call me tomorrow. John could have easily never called and/or not answered my calls and texts that I would have made/sent had I not heard from him at all. I was at peace with this...I didn't jump to conclusions. I took him at his word and went to sleep and slept good. The old me would have pondered all night, gotten sick to my stomach and probably would have called him to just make sure he was telling me the truth.

A few days ago when I apologized to John, he shared with me that there are days when he won't talk to anyone and I told him that if there was ever a time when he didn't want to talk to please just tell me. So I'm thankful that he told me that last night and I have to trust him until he gives me reason not to. It's a learning process and so far it's working.

Like my friend said...if you can't control the emotion; you must be addicted to it. Therefore you need to break the addiction and learn to trust yourself and the man in question. (share this with your girlfriend)

Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
R
R
Dear Allurin,

Glad to hear that you have now got your sensibilities back!

Could you explain what it is exactly when your friends say "if you can't control the emotion; you must be addicted to it"?

I have posted my match profile here, for your opinion. Do you think I should make mine longer? The sidebars on match lists things like interests, background etc, so I did not include it in my profile. Maybe I should?

CinnamonCoffee looking for a Muffin to go

I am looking for someone to do things with-- go to a movie, quiet walks or a long drive out in the country on weekends. I have an adventurous spirit-- jumping off a plane, rafting, mountain climbing, I am game! When not outdoors, I chill out at home with a good book or the idiot box and music.

I am looking for someone with similar (or even diverse) interests, and when we get to really know each other, decide whether we want to go in for the long haul. I enjoy men who are articulate and funny. I am attracted to the non-conventional, I like my men a little scruffy but clean.

You are a big bonus if you cook because I don't!

daybreak #2165134 11/28/08 11:15 AM
N
N
Are you in SNJ?
If so, there's a POF event Sat night and my guy will be there.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
RuffledNOT #2165140 11/28/08 11:38 AM
A
OP Offline
A
RuffledNot

What he means by that is that if you can't control the emotion of insecurity for example...then you must be addicted to the result of that insecurity. The chaos and mayhem that comes with it. Not that we like that chaos and mayhem but that we are used to the chaos and mayhem and don't know how to change it. Does that make sense to you? He explains it so much better than I do. lol

Your profile looks good...If you reach a point where traffic stops then change things around and spice it up a little.

Good luck!

Ronda

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
A
OP Offline
A
I have no kids tonight and I'm off work tomorrow so John is coming here after he gets out of work. I'm looking forward to spending time with him. We live a little more than an hour away from one another so it's a challenge to schedule our time together. So far it's working though.

Did I mention he is a Prison Guard? oops excuse me...a Correction Officer...he's corrected me on that. LOL Gotta love a man in uniform!!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
R
R
I understand your explanation, alllurin. Thank you!

I have also given more detail in my profile and posted a photo-- there's a lot more traffic now, but mostly just people who wants to take me to bed... lol.

RuffledNOT #2165607 11/29/08 11:46 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Those are the ones you immediately delete or put on ignore.

Looks like I might have been stood up tonight. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though. Time will tell.

Edit...He just text me and said he'll call later...he's at the ER?!?!?! Something about his eye.

Last edited by AllurinGreenEyes; 11/29/08 11:53 PM.

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
R
R
Ay, this online acquaintances drive us both mad, don't they?

I met mine for the first time on Wednesday night and he hasn't called since. It's Sunday, so I will assume he is no longer interested.

LOL, I didn't expect mine to be so small framed... he has a smallish face, and if I wore my heels, I might be taller than him. Ok, no more waiting more than a month to meet up! I sorta got attached to the voice and the attention that he has bestowed upon me.

Hope yours will go well!

R

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 656 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation