Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've had a couple bad days - mourning the past and what I've lost and feeling sorry for myself. By doing that I've lost myself again and crawled back into the hole I've been hiding in. This morning I woke up with a renewed attitude and remembered that I am a strong woman. Much stronger than I ever gave myself credit for before. That is one thing I can be thankful for from this whole situation. I have found a new side of me - a strong, amazing, beautiful woman that I can be proud to be. I want my daughter to see and immitate this NEW me. I will no longer stand at the back of the crowd and put everyone else's needs before my own. I need to take care of myself so I can be the partner that this relationship deserves. That I deserve.

My old marriage is gone - I can't get it back and I don't want it anymore. Looking at old pictures and going over the memories from that time aren't helping me move forward with our new life. I can't dwell on the past and work on the future at the same time. One of them has to go, and I choose to get rid of the past. It's time to move on, stop mourning my losses, pull up my big-girl panties and get to work!

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
B
B
drgnfly,
I love having days like these!! Hang on to that feeling, because you are so strong to have gone through what you have been through, even if some days you feel like crawling into a hole. At least you are feeling and that is going to move you through this alright in the end. hug
BF439

Me: BS 38
WH: 40
Kids: 12,11,4
D-day: 6/30/08 and again 10/25/08
Plan B started 11/25/08

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill
N
N
Are they the "Grannie Panties" or the G-string kind????... blush

not2fun

ps...Sorry, but when I read that title I couldn't help it.... rotflmao

D
drgnfly Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Definitely not the "Grannie Panties". Especially if I want this marriage to work! grin

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation