Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 136 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 135 136
B
B
Of course you are going to cry and at times whine! You are going through one of the most difficult situations anyone ever goes through and I think most people don't even know how hard it is!
You are doing great with your plan and taking care of your kids. Hang in there and keep posting so we know how you are!
BF439
hug

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill
P
P
I cannot get him the new location to the game that quickly. Oh well, his choice.

We are having a IM huddle to discuss.

No worries for you! You are correct, HIS CHOICE. :crosseyedcrazy:

B
B
Right. It is his choice. I wouldn't even worry about it. Go and enjoy the game. Good luck to your son's team.

P
P
Please respond to latest email question.

Thx

pep

T
OP Offline
T
Well DS10's team lost. Season is over. They played very well, the boys were so sad. I was so happy to be there and I got to relax since H was not there. I really enjoyed the game. hurray

Big thanks to my Trio IM's today for hammering out some financial stuff. I so appreciate all your doing. Its hard enough to pass the information, especially financial but knowing you guys have it SO covered sure helps. sigh

I guess H is going to visit the kids tomorrow at 4PM. He strangely sent a text to DD17 saying, "Can I visit tomorrow?" HUH? Did he just say Can I????? faint

I guess that's good since he hasn't seen or talked to them in almost 4 days. rant2 I mean I think as sad as it is to say, its more for his guilt than really to be there for the kids. He'll visit so he doesn't feel like crap for a few weeks and circle back again.

Gosh sometimes I feel kinda bad because it seems like I am a downer and I'm really not. I hate the way this whole situation has made me think and feel. Feel like I lost a part of me that is hopeful and sees potential. Ya know my H's has always commented about my happy go lucky nature, it annoys him. He can't stand that I have the ability to take lemons and make lemonade. He even told DD17 one time, you mom is just so positive and happy go lucky and that's just not me! rant2 He likes to call it naive. I like that part of me. I miss it.

The visit will give me time to relax alone which isn't too much since DS10 is home schooled now. Nothing like a nice Sunday afternoon nap. sleep

Exactly 2 weeks of Plan B today, and yes I hate it, though strangely I think I am supposed to like this.LOL dontknow J/K I do have some days where its not as bad, I think maybe I am PMS'ing or something maybe that's why I've been a lil emotional the last 2 days.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving....back tomorrow for any updates. hug

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
B
B
Oh, sorry they lost, but glad you were there.

Plan B gets some getting used to. It was very difficult for me at first, and I DIDN'T feel great. But as I made a great life for myself, I got more perspective. Plus, the ups and downs on the rollercoaster leveled off and that was a huge relief.

You are doing very well. Don't give up.

N
N
You're doing great. Just do your best to protect your LB against intrusions.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
OP Offline
T
Nuttin new to update. H didn't end up coming to visit since there was too much traffic and he left kinda late and it would have been dark when he got here so he called to tell DD17 that he had to turn back.

He did offer DD17 that he could hang out at the house and DD17 said uh yeah no that's not going to happen LOL. So I guess it's rescheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday depending on his schedule. Kids don't even seem like they really want to visit. They seem like its kinda a chore for them. I do have a schedule for H to visit but I am a little flexible since his schedule is never the same and all over los angeles and orange counties. Should I be more rigid about that? I mean at this point were lucky if he comes 1 time in an entire week so i don't really push it.

Anyways went out for a while this after noon and wandered some book stores. I love book stores. I don't know why I love wandering and looking at different books. It's really relaxing. Picked up a few books for kids under the tree.

Little hard when your out Christmas shopping and you see couples and families. Isn't it funny how all of a sudden you are acutely aware that your single but not in a good way? LOL Hit me a lot too when I was at DS10's games. Both DD17 and I noticed how many families were together watching the games all the time. Sometimes it makes me feel like a loser. I know probably a retarded mindset to have but I guess, at least I am hoping, that all these thoughts are normal.

But overall I feel okay, no crying today, this is good. 19 year anniversary is in 10 days. So far about 6-8 girls are going out for sushi with me on that day. I am looking forward to it. Its a bunch of fun girls so I know even if I feel a lil down they'll cheer me right up just being with em.

DD17 just baked an apple pie so I'm gonna go eat big piece! Don't you remember we never count calories on the weekends! LOL...

L
L
DD17 just baked an apple pie so I'm gonna go eat big piece! Don't you remember we never count calories on the weekends! LOL...

Eat a piece for me please
laugh laugh laugh

Just catching up on ya hug

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
D
D
Both DD17 and I noticed how many families were together watching the games all the time.

Well, T, they might look like happy families but who knows what's really going on with them? And that could be an "Uncle Bob" over there who went to the game with his sister because her husband is a WS or otherwise persona non grata.

But you know this already. Just wanted to drop in and say it, though. I've had those thoughts you have as well. It doesn't bother me anymore, though.

Charlotte

B
B
Hey, T2L, hope you are doing well in PB-world! It sure is quiet here! wink
BF439

Me:BS40
WXH:42
DD15; DS13; DD6
D-day:6/30/08 & 10/25/08
WH moved out 9/15/08
D: 1/15/10

"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you, because it's happened, doesn't mean you've been discarded." -- Big Country from "In a Big Country."
"Keep calm and carry on." -- Winston Churchill
T
OP Offline
T
Howdy! Yes it's very quiet here! i can say again that I HATE PLAN B, shoot, I HATE PLAN A,B, OW and did I mention H?!?!?

Okay I'll stop.

Nothing new to report, quiet for the most part. He called and talked to the kids last night and I believe he's calling the kids tonight.

So my computer is on the fritz and I'm at a friends house using the computer. I may have to post in a day or two. But believe me I will let ya'll know. i am hoping to get it fixed by the end of the week.

IM's: I can use my email via my cell phone, so I'll contact you that way for important info if needed.

I'm off to bake sugar cookies with the kids.....

D
D
Originally Posted by Trying2live
YIKES!!!! Goat! Lamb, yes goat no! puke

So I'm gonna try and go see lildoggie in March when she comes to the states-at least that's my goal!

Ya hear that my lildoggie! Whooo hoooo! i can't wait! dance2

So who's gonna be thur!!!! hurray

I take it T2L doesn't like cabrito?

ROTFLMB(ootay)O!

I'm not sure if the IM's will say anything to him, kinda hope not cuz I really want him to eventually use them and it may push him away.

We are Switzerland.

We let Neak hold the chocolate (in her tummy).

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
We are Switzerland.
hurray hurray hurray hurray
rotflmao

T
OP Offline
T
Ello peeps! Popped into a friends house again to use a computer, man how did we live before PC's and cell phones?!?!? I am hoping to have my computer situation remedied by the weekend.

Nuttin new. H talked to kids last night, I guess he is going to try to visit tomorrow if his schedule will allow it. DD17 has been kinda frustrated with him lately. H could tell, he said whats wrong and she said nothing(i was eves dropping or monitoring the conversation LOL but I do monitor DS10's conversations as i don't trust the nutt) and DD17 said nothing. he knew it was because financially things are tight and he said don't worry it'll get better.

Plan B is hard to get used to, feels like everything is going backwards or nothing is happening at all, at least in reference to having my H come home. I know it's meant for me too but {{{sigh}}} I guess I'll feel better after a few more weeks at least thats what I've been told....

I'm up to day 2 and WH is still going through the defiant you can't tell me what to do stage. I remember your WH going through the same so that gives me hope that things will settle down.

My IM has been getting confronted by WH and WH's brother and me too. WH is leaving me alone but getting his family to call me.

Why do they have to make things so hard. You would actually think they would be happy to get the space that they craved so much before.

Anyway, keep your chin up. It sounds like you are staying really strong. You need to keep focussed on you! What are you doing for yourself today?

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
C
C
Stay strong. It will get better. One way or the other. You're doing the right thing. For you and your kids. And your H.

T
OP Offline
T
Ya know its funny because it's like I know that I am doing the right thing for me and the kids but it never dawns on me that this is the right thing for him too.

I used to tell him all the time, your a great man(i guess even then i sensed he had admiration needs). I would say this to him for years and more and more he became a great man. i hate to see what he has turned into. I mean if I wasn't going through this I wouldn't believe it myself. Even though he has moodiness and slight anger issues he was a man of great integrity. I mean our Pastor would have never appointed him and I associate Pastors if he wasn't. He was so faithful to church, always did more than most men and this was for 15 years.

I just can't believe what he turned into. Its shocking. And how mean he got.

IDK if he's gonna make it or not. I know either way I will. But it is such a shame, he really was a good man the last few years. Each year longer he walked with God, he was like a fine wine he got better.

This church that we are now in, is our sister church. We actually moved to this city as soon as he got this great job(the one he met OW at). We moved here to be near our church. This church was going to be handed to my H and i in about a year or two. H was in bible school and was going to have his bachelors in theology this month, but of course that didn't happen. Life is funny isn't it. The kids and I have continued to go to church 2 times a weeks through this all, and have been supported by everyone there. My DD17 has started singing with me again on the worship team. Its great!

Day 17 of plan B almost over...gonna watch Narnia 2 with kiddies tonight.

{{{hugs to all}}}

D
D
T2L,

Can I ask?

Did you and dwh have "the good stuff"?

I feel that you did. That your dwh got lost, but you know the "real" him is under there.

I'd say if you EVER had "the good stuff" that there is mucho, mucho, grande ginormous chance.

I KNEW the Wookie was better than he was behaving.

I knew it because we DID have the "good stuff" before he lost his footing for so long.

If you need me, I am here.

- Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
T2L,

Can I ask?

Did you and dwh have "the good stuff"?

I feel that you did. That your dwh got lost, but you know the "real" him is under there.

I'd say if you EVER had "the good stuff" that there is mucho, mucho, grande ginormous chance.

I KNEW the Wookie was better than he was behaving.

I knew it because we DID have the "good stuff" before he lost his footing for so long.

If you need me, I am here.

- Kimmy

The good stuff. Hmmm...... think

WE had "the good stuff."

Didn't do a dang bit o' good, though.

Every case is different, however.

For instance, at least T got to play the SF card. MY WH started making excuses to get out of it BEFORE the two of them even had sex!

I even "jokingly" told him when we were lying in bed one time, "What's the matter, you don't want to cheat on your girlfriend?"

He laughed really funny (weird funny).

Turns out that was exactly it.

That was before MB.

Now? I still thank God that I found MB, or MB found me. I am a LOT better off. No matter what happens, T will be, too.

Charlotte

Page 53 of 136 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation