Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 48 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 47 48
OP Offline
Cr@p. I feel terrible because speaking to his brother is definately not going dark.

I didn't speak to him but I might've well have.

This sucks.

I feel like I have failed already.

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
K
K
He doesn't have grounds for an intervention order but you do. Seek one out first thing against him and his brother.

I guess you have your answer on whether your brother in law would have been a good intermediary.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
OP Offline
You are SO right and I am SO glad that I jump on here to ask stupid questions! It would have been a disaster!

Do you think it will calm down or escalate from here?

I kind of thought he would try the I love you approach but I missed the mark on that one so far.

He hasn't got word of OW's 2nd round of exposure yet either.

EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
K
K
You may need to stop answering your phone. Call the police and let them know you have separated from your husband because of abuse, and there have been many threatening calls from him and his brother. What would they suggest you should do?

Because if he doesn't get a rise out of you the way he's been going, there will be a banging on your door. He will refuse to be ignored. He is an abuser and you are changing the rules of access and he doesn't like it. Boo Hoo!

Take precautions. Call in and ask the police what you should do to keep him away from you.

M
M
2much,

So glad you are in plan B. You are getting great advice from ML and KaylaAndy, Myopia and WOF.

Just to clarify, I never meant for you to continue being a doormat. Or walk on eggshells. Stepping back and not reacting is setting boundaries, in my eyes.

I just wanted you to step back and change the dynamics of being sucked in to reacting to WS abuse. Because your REACTIONS were causing you to feel terrible about yourself, and you are NOT a bad person.

Just wanted you to do what was healthy to limit the abuse your WS was dishing out until you got into a solid plan B.

I was never blaming you 2much, for what was happening. I just wanted to see you get control of yourself, because reacting to your WS crap was giving him ammunition for more abuse.

Please be strong, and listen to all the wonderful people that are helping you. I am glad you are not 'dancing the dance' anymore. Stay away from the abuse.

You are doing great, and getting the help you need from some very awesome people. smile

Bye!

Love in Christ,
Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by 2much2lose
Cr@p. I feel terrible because speaking to his brother is definately not going dark.

I didn't speak to him but I might've well have.

This sucks.

I feel like I have failed already.

wow, sounds like entitlement runs in the family, huh? Now you know not to take your BIL's phone calls. He is going crazy on behalf of your WS who can't get through. The typical threats, blah, blah, blah, blah.... If a family member calls carrying water, ask them to NOT pass on any messages from your WS.

Explain to them that contact with your WS has become so painful becasue of his affair with OW that you must protect yourself from him. Ask them to respect your wishes.

I have emailed your IM to offer my help. You can't let this distract you, 2much, just keep to your plan and don't let the lunatics run the asylum!

This is pretty much the norm!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
sounds like you are doing well so far.

One thought - make sure that you do not bring up the subject of WH or your M with any of your family members, or his. Talk about Christmas, tell them how cute the kids are, talk about work, but don't bring up your M, or your WH. I am sure that they will bring it up on occasion, and it is ok to respond with simple phrases like "I am still hopeful that he will return to our M" but don't get into conversations with your family members by saying things like "I miss my WH" or "I wonder what WH is doing for Christmas".

A thought occured to me, when I read through your latest posts. If you continue to step back, and let your family members take his calls, eventually they will see how sick he truly is. He may be Mr Nice Guy right now, but it wont last, as you know. Step back, keep yourself busy, and let them see his moodiness first hand. You have kept a lot of secrets from your family, for a long time, about his abusive behavior. I think it will be shocking for them, to see it first hand. But they need to see it. His actions will speak louder than words to them.

Get yourself busy. church functions, dinner with friends, activites that get you out of the house. that way you wont be there when he suddenly shows up banging on the door. When you go out with friends, it would be good to have them stop by the house with you to make sure he is not waiting there for you.(I still worry that he will become violent)

You really need to be strong now. I know you can do it.

Married 18 years
D Day June 25, 2003
Divorced December 17, 2003

Newly married to a wonderful man!
OP Offline
I'll jump on after my meeting this morning.

You have all lifted my spirits, thank you.

I woke up thinking H was next to me in bed and I rolled over and started to talk to him, somehow the last 5 months were erased overnight and I am exhausted today.

I feel strong, just tired.

P
P
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
You may need to stop answering your phone. Call the police and let them know you have separated from your husband because of abuse, and there have been many threatening calls from him and his brother. What would they suggest you should do?

Because if he doesn't get a rise out of you the way he's been going, there will be a banging on your door. He will refuse to be ignored. He is an abuser and you are changing the rules of access and he doesn't like it. Boo Hoo!

Take precautions. Call in and ask the police what you should do to keep him away from you.

D I T T O

M
M
I agree with K.A about the police.

It is probably going to happen sooner or later-- might as well be sooner.

He is winding himself up. You have an apprehension of violence. That is enough reason to call police and find out how you can make use of their systems. You will find them to be very helpful.

Even if you don't have to use them it is extra support and if he continues the way he is going you are going to need all the help you can get.

Hang in harder. Its going to get worse before it gets better

B
B
I doubt he has any grounds for an AVO - he's just shooting his mouth off. I bet he will find this out as soon as he tries to take any action.

I predict a change in his attitude when that happens.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy

Thanks Myopia, Pepperband & KA. I will not take calls from WH's brother now either.

Actually, I am in a great position. I did call the police about 2 months ago when he pushed me etc and they said that if WH damages any property or is violent again, THEY will put on the intervention order. It will be out of my hands. WH knows this and will not put himself in that position, I think.

His brother, well, a lot of hot air I think. If he calls me again, I'll do it. I don't really want to put these walls up, just in case. He has been abusive and I told him my boundaries and requested that he not contact me, my family or my IM again.

It is all really quiet today.

I just purchased SAA smile

Last edited by 2much2lose; 12/02/08 06:35 PM.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
I doubt he has any grounds for an AVO - he's just shooting his mouth off. I bet he will find this out as soon as he tries to take any action.

I predict a change in his attitude when that happens.

I completely agree BK. He is just being a bully.

We have the letter to WH which said that anything is possible and we have the email from WH which says OK. It would be very hard to disprove any of it.

Thank you for the Koorong reference. I have ordered this morning smile

B
B
Originally Posted by 2much2lose
Thank you for the Koorong reference. I have ordered this morning smile

No worries.

It was such a relief to me finding marriage builders and reading the FAQ's and SAA - suddenly it all made sense.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
as much as this maddness can EVER make any sense. LOL.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Miss M #2167394 12/02/08 06:25 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Miss M
Just to clarify, I never meant for you to continue being a doormat. Or walk on eggshells. Stepping back and not reacting is setting boundaries, in my eyes.

I just wanted you to step back and change the dynamics of being sucked in to reacting to WS abuse. Because your REACTIONS were causing you to feel terrible about yourself, and you are NOT a bad person.

Just wanted you to do what was healthy to limit the abuse your WS was dishing out until you got into a solid plan B.

I was never blaming you 2much, for what was happening. I just wanted to see you get control of yourself, because reacting to your WS crap was giving him ammunition for more abuse.

Miss M you have been awesome and a truly great help. The conflict was reduced with your assistance and I know that you don't want me to be a doormat. I was always a doormat, but my reactions had changed and I had started to become abusive due to the affair situations.

Good luck with your study. I love having your input.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
wow, sounds like entitlement runs in the family, huh? Now you know not to take your BIL's phone calls. He is going crazy on behalf of your WS who can't get through. The typical threats, blah, blah, blah, blah.... If a family member calls carrying water, ask them to NOT pass on any messages from your WS.
Never a truer statement! WH's mum is going to call me soon. WH and both brothers called her last night. I will keep with your statement above and my PBL guidelines.

Explain to them that contact with your WS has become so painful becasue of his affair with OW that you must protect yourself from him. Ask them to respect your wishes.
Agree

I have emailed your IM to offer my help. You can't let this distract you, 2much, just keep to your plan and don't let the lunatics run the asylum!
Thank you!

This is pretty much the norm!
Yikes. I hope it all settles down and gets better soon!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by womanoffaith5
sounds like you are doing well so far.
I'm tired but peaceful. I hope you are feeling better today!

One thought - make sure that you do not bring up the subject of WH or your M with any of your family members, or his. Talk about Christmas, tell them how cute the kids are, talk about work, but don't bring up your M, or your WH. I am sure that they will bring it up on occasion, and it is ok to respond with simple phrases like "I am still hopeful that he will return to our M" but don't get into conversations with your family members by saying things like "I miss my WH" or "I wonder what WH is doing for Christmas".
Great advice, thanks WOF

A thought occured to me, when I read through your latest posts. If you continue to step back, and let your family members take his calls, eventually they will see how sick he truly is. He may be Mr Nice Guy right now, but it wont last, as you know. Step back, keep yourself busy, and let them see his moodiness first hand. You have kept a lot of secrets from your family, for a long time, about his abusive behavior. I think it will be shocking for them, to see it first hand. But they need to see it. His actions will speak louder than words to them.
That is true. He is being an angel to them at the moment, but...

Get yourself busy. church functions, dinner with friends, activites that get you out of the house. that way you wont be there when he suddenly shows up banging on the door. When you go out with friends, it would be good to have them stop by the house with you to make sure he is not waiting there for you.(I still worry that he will become violent)
I have arranged for my birthday dinner next week to be at a restaurant to keep out of the way too. I don't think he'll become violent because of the police/intervention threat after last time.

You really need to be strong now. I know you can do it.
I can!

T
T
Hey there yes my H was very defiant and I am sure he still is. My 1st IM's quit. They were friends. i chose them so it wouldn't be so hard on H but it backfired. Now I have the fabulous trio of Neak, Pepperband, and Delean! Whoot Whoot!

Because they are completely independent, they can handle the business really well. I think now having done it both ways using a completely independent is the only way to go.

My H can't use family against me, unless he vents to DD17. His 2 brothers here are in full support of me. I cut off his mom and 1 other brother as they are in support of H. Sent them both emails of basically a Plan B letter LOL. told them since they cannot support me, this doesn't support my marriage or protect my children so i choose not to communicate with you on any level. Unless of course you want to appoligize and even then trust would have to be estabished.
its great! I don't hear from them either.

Stay strong in your Plan B. It sucks yes, but it's gives us the right to hold our heads high knowing we did the most we could to give reconcilliation a chance. If not we have jewels we can share with someone someday.

Stay dark. I fight to stay dark. I will not see this man until he meets conditions or we have to go to court. I won't even let him hear my voice when he talks to the kids. They only thing I have to say if he's pissed i hear its good. Stay dark as dark as you can.

But I totally know how your feeling.

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
M
M
Originally Posted by Trying2live
My 1st IM's quit. They were friends. i chose them so it wouldn't be so hard on H but it backfired. Now I have the fabulous trio of Neak, Pepperband, and Delean! Whoot Whoot!

I tell ya, I never had any idea how HARD it is to be an IM until I actually did it! And NEAK and her first BS [BS guided by Steve Harley] taught me how to do it. I emailed NEAK a few times and she helped me stay focused. But it was hard at first.

I have come to believe that it is very important to have a STRONG, EDUCATED IM who can withstand the bullcrap, because it does get very bad at times!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 17 of 48 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation