Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 48 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 47 48
OP Offline
Originally Posted by 2much2lose
Why isn't WH dancing in the streets with his new found freedom? Last time he left he went for 6 days without calling them and almost 2 weeks without seeing them. It was hard on me but I am craving that space now!!!

Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Why????? rotflmao

Well you aren't being a good little doormat and playing your part of the script he had written for you in his mind.

I would do all correspondence with him through your IM. Use the solicitor to keep you on the right side of the law. You are doing NOTHING wrong using an intermediary.
I am so proud of myself for sticking to my IM, even after the police called us both last night. We are staying defiant and sticking to the PBL.

You're right, I am not a doormat anymore smile

I actually considered what I was saying to the mediator because I don't really want him to hear anything from me. So far the last 3 days he has had other people contact me and report back to him. I am glad i am staying firm, but he's really trying!

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
M
M
2Much, I want to tell you how very PROUD I am of you. I am beaming WITH PRIDE at how well you have held up under this immense pressure. You have handled every curve ball with intelligence and BRAVERY and CREATIVITY - I AM VERY IMPRESSED.

hurray

I AM IN AWE, MADAM! Are you sure you are not a TEXAN?? laugh

I am a little shocked at how furious your H is about losing control of you. He wants you back under his thumb badly. I guess he had no idea who he was messin with! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

2MUCH,
I am new to post, but I have tracked this thread for a week.
Just know, girlfriend, that I wanna be you when I grow up.
I have learned so much and I have made so many mistakes, but I am learning through your generous articulate postings and awsome support system.
I just had to jump in. YOU GO GIRL!!!! actually, YOU ALL ROCK!!!

W: 43
H: 46
M: 23 years (active military life)
DOS: September 06 (much contact)
DDs: 22yrs & 20 yrs

OP Offline
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Have the IM send him the visitation schedule TODAY along with instructions that the exchange should take place at your parents. You cannot even trust him to come to your home. In the email tell him this is suggested and ask him if he wants to make any changes.

If he refuses, then he looks liek the [censored]. Have her keep a copy of everything.
Done. No response from him to either of us. But, when I checked his email (I am bad) it was not there?

Tell your atty that your H is having an adulterous affair wtih a 19 yr old and has abandoned you. <---------you need to start saying this EVEYR TIME to every character who comes in the picutre so they understand the gravity of this situation.

Then give him complete background on Plan B and ask him the best way to achieve your goals. Let him guide you, but DON'T allow him to guide you along the path of least resistance. They often try and do this to make their job easier. nononnononnononooo You are protecting yourself from his mental abuse.

What a complete waste of time. Mediator rang me and said that we are not suitable for mediation as he will not agree to my IM so she is sending us a certificate to that effect. WH told mediator police were involved and asked IM to not contact him. I explained the federal jurisdiction and she agreed.

The legal aid person was a joke. She was mean and nasty and completely inconsiderate of my feelings. She informed me that I cannot pick someone, although agreed that only a court had the authority to make me stop.

She told me to wait for the certificate and attach it to an application for court proceedings.

So, do I contact a solicitor? It's all getting expensive and he is not giving me money. As I have explained before the house is in my name and I am the larger wage earner so I would probably owe him child support.

I'm sad and confused. What happened to the darkness?

EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
OP Offline
2Much, I want to tell you how very PROUD I am of you. I am beaming WITH PRIDE at how well you have held up under this immense pressure. You have handled every curve ball with intelligence and BRAVERY and CREATIVITY - I AM VERY IMPRESSED.

hurray

I AM IN AWE, MADAM! Are you sure you are not a TEXAN?? laugh

I am a little shocked at how furious your H is about losing control of you. He wants you back under his thumb badly. I guess he had no idea who he was messin with! grin

That's a massive compliment coming from you Mel, thank you!

My WH is so dependent on me, he once said he loved me so much he wanted to crawl up inside me so that we couldn't be apart. He obviously is fine with being apart, third affair and all, but I really don't think he likes my independence, although it is one of the things he finds most attractive about me. Go figure!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Haveaword
2MUCH,
I am new to post, but I have tracked this thread for a week.
Just know, girlfriend, that I wanna be you when I grow up.
I have learned so much and I have made so many mistakes, but I am learning through your generous articulate postings and awsome support system.
I just had to jump in. YOU GO GIRL!!!! actually, YOU ALL ROCK!!!
Thanks Haveaword. Don't be me, I think you can do a lot better and I am still only half the person I can be wink

I can't recommend your own post enough. If you are here it is probably because you are searching for direction and answers. I am so glad that my posting has helped you.

I also read once (whilst I was lurking) that no two situations are the same and you will never find the accurate advice for your situation unless you put it out there in good faith for God and all to help. It's hard, but I treat it as my journal too and getting it off my chest is one thing, but receiving advice is priceless.

B
B
Did I read correctly that you attend church? Regularly? Have you spoken with your Pastor?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
[quote=2much2lose=The legal aid person was a joke. She was mean and nasty and completely inconsiderate of my feelings. She informed me that I cannot pick someone, although agreed that only a court had the authority to make me stop.[/quote]

Oh you can't, huh?? On what grounds for God's SAKE?? Of course you can pick and choose with whom you associate.

2Much, can you get a real attorney? The other thing to keep in mind is that he might just be blowing smoke. so, just stick to your guns, have your IM send him the visitation schedule and ignore any communication sent any other way.

I would strongly suggest deleting anything he texts you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Was he 24 when you met? Was there any infidelity in his first marriage? Why did that end? Was he married when you met? dated?

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by 2muchh2lose
He was married for 2 years at age 25 to his next door neighbour. They were both musicians and from what he and his family describe, she was very unstable and dramatic. She died about 3 years ago from cancer so we don't speak ill of her, but up to that point, it was weird. I am not sure how much was fabricated and how much was true, but take about 50% of it literally.

He doesn't have friends from that time period in his life now as they lived in another state when married.

I think he was involved in a couple of serious R's after divorce and when we met in 2000, he was in a 2 year R. We didn't get together. He told me he loved me and wanted me etc. I was newly out of a long term R and moving to Singapore on my own. He broke up with his girlfriend and flew to see me and our R began in a whirlwind of extensive phone conversations and emails, romantic catch ups across Asia etc. We were married within 18 months.

On reflection, I don't think he was single when we met. If I've learnt anything, it is that he has always been this way and quick to jump on something new and exciting. He is very insecure and really needs other people to tell him how great he is and it's an addiction. I think he broke up with his gf about 1 month after we started "long distance dating". I met his family and the gf had moved out and on at that stage. They both lived with his dad so that was verified.

His serious girlfriend when he met me cheated on him with someone in the music industry and really hurt him.

BK, I hope this answers a few questions smile

OP Offline
I did speak to pastor (the one who married us and christened our children) a couple of times. He is leaving for a new church and has been a really mediocre support to say the least. I really haven't been blown away, 2 phone calls in 5 months.

I attend most weeks with the kids, my parents and sisters.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by 2much2lose=
The legal aid person was a joke. She was mean and nasty and completely inconsiderate of my feelings. She informed me that I cannot pick someone, although agreed that only a court had the authority to make me stop.

Oh you can't, huh?? On what grounds for God's SAKE?? Of course you can pick and choose with whom you associate.

2Much, can you get a real attorney? The other thing to keep in mind is that he might just be blowing smoke. so, just stick to your guns, have your IM send him the visitation schedule and ignore any communication sent any other way.

I would strongly suggest deleting anything he texts you.

I am hoping to put off getting an attorney until he cools down. Yeah, in my dreams. I kind of feel like I am kidding myself but I've seen him blow up and subside over and over and a lot of it is recorded on this post.

There is no way we'll get through the courts before Christmas and I am hoping he'll just come to his senses and respect my wishes and see the kids. If he loves them so much, wouldn't he want to do the best for them?

I have an IM because my WH told me that he has no wife, just 2 kids. I don't exist to him. Had a giggle when I was searching for the previous relationship info for BK. Boy, it's been one heck of a ride!

B
B
Thanks for answering.

Your H is very entitled and I believe cheating is a way of life for him.

Plan B really is your best hope but you have to make sure he can't get to you.

You're doing a great job in the face of his onslaught. I think you should get an AVO against him.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
OP Offline
I can see what you mean BK but he actually isn't contacting me directly. He sent me a text message yesterday and there hasn't been anything today. If he does anything to me or the house the police will put one on him no questions and will not wait for me to do it.

He is a serial cheater. I hope he can change.

I hope I will be ready if he doesn't so that I can move on.

B
B
At the very least Plan B will enable you to move on even if it doesn't save your marriage.

He CAN change but I doubt he has the will to do it.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
OP Offline
Wow, this is only day 4 of Plan B.

So much of me wants to throw the towell in and say it's too hard and just contact him and apologise and give him what he wants - whatever that is.

He doesn't even know what he wants. He actually told me that he wanted a complete break away from me so that he had a chance to miss me and see if he still loves me and wants to come home. He only misses me when he's with OW or other friends and hates me when he's around me??? Fog!

I think it's safe to say he hates me when I'm not around too if the last couple of days are anything to go by.

Do marriages really survive after this?

I know I cannot back down or I will have a lifetime of him doing whatever he wants.

I know whether he comes back to me willing and able to work on the marriage or if we D, I have to stick to my boundaries. I didn't want this life. I just wanted to dedicate my life to making us all happy and being a wonderful family together. I wanted and thought I had a loving supportive husband with a few issues!

My colleague delightfully told me that the courts are terrible. She spent $7,000 just on letters to her H from the lawyers and $10,000 on one day in court. It didn't even settle. The next trip to court would have cost her $35,000.

She's remarried and they have arranged the custody between them. Even she is telling me to contact him directly and I nearly cried when I said some of the hurtful things he says.

I need to be shielded from that. This isn't fair.

B
B
Yes marriages do survive - mine did although it was not as bad as what you are going through.

You don't deserve it.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
He doesn't even know what he wants. He actually told me that he wanted a complete break away from me so that he had a chance to miss me and see if he still loves me and wants to come home. He only misses me when he's with OW or other friends and hates me when he's around me??? Fog!

I am so sorry you have had to endure this ABUSE. What a horrible, sick mean thing to say to your wife. frown You deserve so much better than this, 2M2L. hug

I think Plan B will be very good for you, friend. Because it will give you a chance to restore your sanity without this incessant abuse and anxiety causing behavior. In a few short weeks you will feel better than you have in years. You will be shocked at what you have endured. You have big balls, my good friend, and I know you will come out of this just fine.

Exposure 101

M
M
My colleague delightfully told me that the courts are terrible. She spent $7,000 just on letters to her H from the lawyers and $10,000 on one day in court. It didn't even settle. The next trip to court would have cost her $35,000.

Well, lets see if your H is willing to fork that over. wink I think you are right, he is all smoke and no fire.

Exposure 101

OP Offline

I am so sorry you have had to endure this ABUSE. What a horrible, sick mean thing to say to your wife. frown You deserve so much better than this, 2M2L. hug

I think Plan B will be very good for you, friend. Because it will give you a chance to restore your sanity without this incessant abuse and anxiety causing behavior. In a few short weeks you will feel better than you have in years. You will be shocked at what you have endured. You have big balls, my good friend, and I know you will come out of this just fine.

Yeah, life has been really tough lately. The more I remember the sadder I feel. I was so focussed on the scraps of politeness that I never realised the levels the abuse had gotten to.

I just hope he leaves me alone for a while now. I just want to sleep peacefully. I sleep but it's not restful at all.

It's our work Christmas party tonight so that's good news.

Oh, Christmas Eve is when my family goes to church, petting zoo for the kids and sings carols. Then, we follow it up with the good old German tradition of eating, drinking and staying up late and opening presents. We've always celebrated Christmas Eve, that's why I want the kids then.

We usually have a lovely Christmas lunch too, and as much as I want to keep the kids away from him and with me, there will be something quite sobering about being just his family and the kids. You see, they all spent Christmas Day with my family the last few years and we have had amazing times. I don't think Christmas will be very merry without me and my family and I'm pretty sure the kids will miss me and say so. His brother is a quadraplegic and he is bed ridden and it doesn't sound like they will even be doing much celebrating for Christmas.

There is a little method to my madness. I still hope he will come crawling back by then!

I'm starting to realise he wont. I didn't realise those balls were mine until now, LOL

Page 20 of 48 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 47 48

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation