Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
OP Offline
B
When you get triggered, you have a glass of juice instead of a shot of tequila.

P
P
when D day comes and goes and you forgot to think about "it"

D
D
Originally Posted by saynomore
The clothes you bought after the infidelity diet are a little tight.

Say

First you rag on my work ethics, then you go through my closet.

You guys are relentless today!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
Q
Q
Originally Posted By: saynomoreThe clothes you bought after the infidelity diet are a little tight.

Say

Crap, busted on this as well. And I really did love those jeans.
I'm busted too....

DARN that healing...... faint

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
if...

You can clean your gun without thinking of OM... faint

D
D
Originally Posted by Mark1952
if...

Or sharpen knives...

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
N
N
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Ah, well, I've gone the other route. I ate waaaaaaay too much carp when the Z was around, messin with my flow; now, I've dropped more weight and more inches off my waist and feel better about myself than I have in a good long time. wink

dance2 hurray dance2

kiss to you SL....

not2fun

N
N
Originally Posted by Mark1952
if...

rotflmao.......LOVE that one Mark....

not2fun

S
S
...you drive by a former rendez-vous point for the offenders and barely notice...

...you put on makeup to enhance your beauty instead of to hide the bags under your eyes from lack of sleep and crying...

...something good happens to you and you don't wait for that danged other shoe...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
K
K

When you see a person on their cell phone and NOT think they are speaking to their OP!

When you can drive by a Best Western and NOT trigger into puddle of goo.

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
S
S
You all are making me laugh and cry. I am reminded of where I've been, can see my progress, and see that maybe I'm headed to a place where I don't remember so much one day.

When you laugh and then realize....

Wow! I didn't fake that or even force it out. That laugh was REAL!

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
You know you're recovered when:

1. You can see a clown and not be reminded of the OW in her make-up.

2. You can see a clown and not offer the OW a make-over.

3. You can see a clown and realize it is not the OW needing yet another haircut.

(hmmmm, maybe OW should see someone about her hair and make-up?)

4. You can hear OW's name and not need to vomit, cringe, or have other revolting thoughts. Now, OW's name is just pronounced sort of like the way "Neumann" is said on Seinfeld. And you both laugh.

5. You can look at your husband and the first thing you think of is how glad you are he is in your life.

6. You can look at your husband and think, "He needs to shave." And nothing else follows!

7. You can have great SF with your spouse, and nothing else crosses your mind, except another trip to Victoria's Secret.

8. You don't date everything in relation to d-day. "Oh, I bought this 3 months pre-d-day. That blouse I got one year after d-day, and 2 months before the A stopped." Things just happen, and you have to look at an actual CALENDAR to figure out when they happened!

9. You wear your wedding ring, anniversary ring, and other jewelry, and never even think about it anymore. And your H wears his stuff, too, that is, when he can find it and doesn't yell from the other room, "Where is my ring?" like YOU were the last one to have it on.

10. And finally, you know you're recovered when you and your husband can fight and the A doesn't come up - because the fight is about maybe the LAUNDRY and only about the LAUNDRY - and your emotions are limited to the LAUNDRY. The OW doesn't even enter into it, and you don't even think about the A when you get upset at him. (Maybe later, you wish you HAD thought about it, but you didn't and missed the opportunity to use the AMMO!!!) rotflmao

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
L
L
Originally Posted by saynomore
The clothes you bought after the infidelity diet are a little tight.

Say

*raises hand* Yep. This is me. rant2

BS(me) 40
WH 40
D-day 10/03/2007
***Recovering and growing wiser and stronger.***
I was divorced 10/08/2008.

H
H
This stuff is too funny...

Last night I was watching some wedding planning show on tv thinking those idiots, they have no idea what they're getting themselves into...

B
B

This is too close to the truth. My second oldest DD was excited to announce her engagement. I wished I did not feel so cynical toward M right now. I think her feelings were hurt as I was not really able to feel a lot of optimism. How long does it take?

Me 58 BS

P
P
When you can drive by OW house and forget she lives there.
When you forget OW's phone number.
When you see a car like OW drives and it doesn't register.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by schoolbus
5. You can look at your husband and the first thing you think of is how glad you are he is in your life.

7. You can have great SF with your spouse, and nothing else crosses your mind, except another trip to Victoria's Secret.

8. You don't date everything in relation to d-day. "Oh, I bought this 3 months pre-d-day. That blouse I got one year after d-day, and 2 months before the A stopped." Things just happen, and you have to look at an actual CALENDAR to figure out when they happened!

9. You wear your wedding ring, anniversary ring, and other jewelry, and never even think about it anymore.

I think you've crawled into my mind.

prayDo we really get THERE, SB?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

D
D
You see a license plate that has "DPG" on it and don't automatically think "ditchpig."

My Story

Recovered!
D
D
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Originally Posted by schoolbus

9. You wear your wedding ring, anniversary ring, and other jewelry, and never even think about it anymore.

I think you've crawled into my mind.

prayDo we really get THERE, SB?

Yes, SMB.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
You see a license plate that has "DPG" on it and don't automatically think "ditchpig."

OMG this isn't me but it gives me a great idea of what to buy the OW for Christmas!!!! Can you buy personalized plates for someone anonymously?

(ok, obviously this is a sign of regression but doesn't it sound like a great idea?)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation