Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 128 of 142 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 141 142
W
W
Don't forget the F- me heels! rotflmao

Fox

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Somehow.. I don't think that'd do much for my case..

Now if I were Gene Simmons.. maybe.

But don't get me started on him..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
EWWWW!!! Please don't aspire to be Gene Simmons. puke

Fox

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Oh.. I don't..

Now it'd be nice to turn my band into the money making machine he has with his.. but nah.. not my lifestyle

Honestly I'm happy playing a couple times a month in small clubs around here.

PLUS.. I don't have to give up any time with my kids to be out on 'tour'

Besides.. my tongue ain't that long.

Did I mention bassists have nimble fingers?

whistle

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
W
W
I don't know how to answer that so, ummmmm...... I'm not gonna.

naughty

Fox

J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
grin

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
One foot in front of the other... chest out.. shoulders back.. head up.. remember to breathe..

AND

TRUST G-D hug pray wink

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes indeed!

Thanks Queenie!

hug :happy hanukkah:

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
M
M
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Between now and then? Well, tomorrow DS, DD and I are going to hang out for a bit, but this weekend I'm going into the studio to record my bass parts for several of the new songs. That'll be more work than fun, but still very therapudic. Afterwards our drummer and I might take in a blues show in the old downtown district, which should be fun.

Actually the real fun will come the weekend afterwards.. Just today I secured some Colts tickets for DS and I. Granted it's against the Cowardly Lions but it should mean he gets to see his beloved boys in Speed Blue kick some kitty tail.

Ripping on the poor defenseless Lions will win you no favors. IF the Lions somehow won this statement only sets you up for ridicule. I doubt it...but we'll see.

Unbinding mediation is a waste of time anyway....glad to hear your case is progressing to some finality. IF it gets delayed to January (as adjournments are common) don't fret too much. December is the month that Judges are distracted by the holidays and may rush opinions out the door before leaving for Christmas break.

Anyway...I swear you emailed me before but I can't locate your email in my inbox. I've got something to share with you (that I may have shared with you already if and when we did email).

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Mr.W.. and you have email.

I'm pretty comfortable with a prediction of overwhelming victory for the horseshoe heads.. however IF we somehow pull defeat from the jaws of victory, I'll take my crow medium-well please.

smile

Honestly I'd be a little suprised if it does get moved out. Then again, we're doing everything supposedly in a half day session, so there may be too much to cover.

Either way, I'm going to take it as it comes, and keep myself prepared as much as I can for just about anything.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Oh God, I'm hoping that you don't get postponed or anything like I did! I know you said that you were preparing for anything, but "I" would be so hurt! LOL

I'll be impatience for you! faint rotflmao

Of course, we can always say good things come to those who wait, but darn it, I want what I want now! rotflmao

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
L
L
Just got caught up. You sound prepared.

One foot in front of the other... chest out.. shoulders back.. head up.. remember to breathe..

...if you have to...put this on a 'cue card'.

...and we will be with you in spirit.

Good luck, James.

Whatever happens, we'll be here waiting to hear all about it.

hugJAMES hug

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
Q
Q
James,

You are one of the few men so who eloquently write from their heart continuously about what is going on. We have walked such similar paths and now it appears yours is heading for the ultimate trust in G-d.

I know you walk in FAITH, TRUST, OBEDIENCE and COMMITMENT to G-d. You have not for one moment short changed the journey, the lessons or the desire to please G-d and be his humble servant.

I think it's Mark who often reminds me that sometimes G-d just lets bad things happen to people, as well as children, not because he is sadistic, but because he has a grander plan and he needs US and THEM for his purposes. But what he gives in return is his love, and guidance on how to get through it WHEN we seek him as you have.

You have done, planned, thought, prepared, listened, fought, etc on everything. Now we trust G-d and do the work that we can do when the opportunity arises.

We ALL on here are praying and pulling for you and want to hear eveything when you get done.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS DUDE}}}}}}}}}}}}}

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well folks.. it looks like I'm as ready as I can be.

Met with my attorney yesterday to go over the strategy, and I think we're in about as good a shape as we can be in. I'm feeling good about his level of commitment, and I think he's pretty comfortable with what I've prepared for him.

Today has been pretty difficult, knowing that it's the last day of my marriage. Oddly enough I've had an old Sinead O'Connor song running through my head.. sort of depressing, but here it is for those who aren't familiar with her music.

This is the last day of our acquaintance
I will meet you later in somebody's office
I'll talk but you won't listen to me
I know what your answer will be

I know you don't love me anymore
You used to hold my hand when the plane took off
Two years ago there just seemed so much more
And I don't know what happened to our love

Today's the day
Our friendship has been stale
And we will meet later to finalise the details
Two years ago the seed was planted
And since then you have taken me for granted

But this is the last day of our acquaintance
I know your answer already

But this is the last day of our acquaintance

I've had a few emotional breakdowns today.. a sadness I really haven't had in months as I examine the finality of it all.

I know relief is on the horizon.. and in just a couple of hours I'll go to her place to pick up the sunshine of my life. Fortunately DS is staying with me for the week this week, as I've used my last week of extended parenting time. I'm sure that will help, and hopefully cushon the blow of all of this for the both of us.

I spoke a little with our priest after Mass today, and he promised he would be praying for us specifically tonight and tomorrow. He's very familiar with her and her older sister, and is deeply saddened and dissapointed for our families, but the Mass today was one of encouragement, and of course being the 2nd week of Advent is mostly focused towards our reconciliation with God. Regardless of the outcome of the worlds decision on our marriage.. I know that I have claimed a much greater reward in a deeper relationship with my maker.. a treasure that will last all the days of my life, and that nobody else can deminish.

I know I still love my wife in the sorrow I feel that she's chosen this path for her life.. I miss my little girl in DSD and will forever pray for her well being.. and I'm sorry to my son that his dad just couldn't make all of this right for his sake. To DD, I'm sorry as well that she's been put through this also.. and weep for her as I see her struggle with losing her sister who she loves just as much as her little brother.

I'm at peace though, knowing I've done the best I could.. that I've been stronger, more patient, and more forgiving than I ever imagined I could be.. and that I can BE that example for my son growing up.. I just hope it's on a full time basis rather than as a 'visitor' in his life.

I really don't know how tomorrow will turn out.. but I am hopeful.. and prayerful that God's will is done.

I'll have family and friends there.. I know God is with me.. and I'm comforted to know that many of you are there in spirit as well. Thank you for that.. and please.. if it occurs to you tomorrow morning, say a prayer for us.

J

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
James,

I know you walk in FAITH, TRUST, OBEDIENCE and COMMITMENT to G-d. You have not for one moment short changed the journey, the lessons or the desire to please G-d and be his humble servant.

I think it's Mark who often reminds me that sometimes G-d just lets bad things happen to people, as well as children, not because he is sadistic, but because he has a grander plan and he needs US and THEM for his purposes. But what he gives in return is his love, and guidance on how to get through it WHEN we seek him as you have.

We ALL on here are praying and pulling for you and want to hear eveything when you get done.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS DUDE}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Revelation 21:4

god hath not promised skies always blue,
flower strewn pathways
all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

But god hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above.
unfailing sympathy,

Undying love

And god shall wipe away all tears from their eyes pray

Last edited by stillhere8126; 12/07/08 03:08 PM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
What time is the hearing?

I want to coordinate my prayers.

I'll set my phone alarm.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
L
L
Hi James,

I'm at peace though, knowing I've done the best I could.. that I've been stronger, more patient, and more forgiving than I ever imagined I could be.. and that I can BE that example for my son growing up..

You worked as hard as you could...did the best you could...

this, too, shall pass...

Be strong...hold head up high... good luck.

..when you are ready, whatever happens, we will be waiting here for you with open arms.

hugJAMES hug

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for your love and support.. it truly means the world to me.

The hearing is scheduled for a half day and begins at 8:30 in the morning. I probably won't be back between now and then, but I promise I'll provide an update tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you all again for your prayers and support.

hug

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
C
hug

I'll be praying for you too....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
Q
Q
James,

My prayers and best wishes are with you and your successes tomorrow.

May G-ds will and grace shine on you and carry you through the whole ordeal and you know in your heart how much you are loved, respected and admired on here.

We all will be waiting to here what happens....

pray pray hug hug JAMES hug hug pray pray

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 128 of 142 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 141 142

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 555 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation