Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 262 of 339 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 338 339
C
C
Passing through just to say HI!!

Q
OP Offline
Q
My team STINKS.......

I'm so bummed watching them fall apart AGAIN.....

I feel like it's my M, no hope and I'm just plain bummed.

I want two seconds of feeling sorry for myself... being on my pitty potty and then I should be done.

faint puke rant2 faint puke rant2

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Well, the last football game I went to with my dad was the Hall Of Fame Bowl in Birmingham, Alabama about 28 years ago. That was a few years before he died. The hometown team we were there supporting is playing in their first bowl game since then....and they are playing here in town. I still have the shaker my dad bought for me in Birmingham. I want to go to the bowl game on 12/31, take my 28 year old shaker, and cheer for the hometown team. For my dad.

Now, the hometown team has had a 6-6 season so I'm not sure they should actually qualify for a bowl but I think I may want to go just for daddy.

Don't know what the hometown pro team did. Don't really care.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Cinders,

How are you tonight?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Just one of those moments that you know you will get through, but the realization that a marriage is over.

That there is NO HOPE that he will come home. And that I have to somehow live the rest of my life without the man who I promised to spend the rest of my life with.

The reality is I have NO CLUE what's happening over in crack ho land. I have done such a good Plan B. NO CONTACT, NO SIGHTINGS, for the most part, no word. And it's getting my goat tonight. My urge to DO SOMETHING is rearing it's ugly head... :twobyfour: that's for me to knock it off.... :twobyfour:

I know I can build a life without him. I didn't know that before. I know that my children will heal, I didn't know that before.

I don't know if anyone will ever love me in that way again, but I can only hope that G-d has that in store for me.

But the reality.... just plain sucks.

I know G-d will get me through this. I know that G-d has a better plan for all of us, but the destruction, the lack of just a chance.

And yet, I hear you Mark. I am so GRATEFUL for so much. My children, my job, my life. The fact that I do know one day I will be healed inside and moved on.

Just one more level of grieving and getting it out so I can move on more...

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 12/08/08 12:12 AM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, where is that passage in Isaiah? Oh, I've given it to you before.......

Ah, here it is......Isaiah - that much I knew....I love that Bible software I have.....church bought it for me back when I was doing a lot of powerpoint presentations for worship services.

ISA 54:5 For your Maker is your husband--
the LORD Almighty is his name--
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

ISA 54:6 The LORD will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit--
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected," says your G-d.

ISA 54:7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

As for me......I'm a little freaked....daughter saw a ghost at church tonight. We know there are ghosts in the building and we know who they are. But, she truly believes she saw one tonight. I brought her home and we looked through a very old directory. When we got to one picture, she knew immediately that was who she saw - a man who died years before she was born. She's ok. I'm a bit freaked.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I was getting ready to pick up the bible and just hold it... Thanks Cinders......

As for me......I'm a little freaked....daughter saw a ghost at church tonight. We know there are ghosts in the building and we know who they are. But, she truly believes she saw one tonight. I brought her home and we looked through a very old directory. When we got to one picture, she knew immediately that was who she saw - a man who died years before she was born. She's ok. I'm a bit freaked.
Has this ever happened before?

Is there anything I can do to help?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Ed, Fred, and Reid have all been seen by different people, sane people, good people. They are benevolent entities in the building. They have never been implicated in anything scary. They were respected, valued members of the congregation. Reid died at the building - during a worship service. He was the one she saw....glimpsed him from afar, he was in a dark corridor near a staircase that went up to a hallway where, 12 feet from the top of the stairs, he used to have an office as the church treasurer.

I've heard of people seeing these guys in recent years. It was just startling for her to have seen Reid. What she saw could have been any one of them. But, when I showed her pictures of the three men, from an old directory, she identified him immediately.

Just weirded me out. I'm not afraid. I don't think she was in danger when she followed him. Just strange and weird. Wouldn't have expected her to see him. She never knew any of the men.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Just weirded me out. I'm not afraid. I don't think she was in danger when she followed him. Just strange and weird. Wouldn't have expected her to see him. She never knew any of the men.
I'm not experienced in this at all. I know there are many thoughts out there about ghosts and that people really believe there is a reason it happens.

I can pray and ask G-d to give you clarity on what's happening, but I just don't have any notion on this.

Keep us posted, please...

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, here's a funny for you.

Last night, I dreamed I was sitting in an audience in an auditorium. I was sitting beside Harrison Ford. Everyone in the audience was applauding. Harrison Ford and I were clapping in the Jewish rhythm. The rest of the audience was not. crazy

WHERE did that come from? dontknow

I didn't even know that Adam Sandler lists HF as 1/4 Jewish in his Hanukkah song. :RollieEyes:

Q
OP Offline
Q
Why good morning Miss Cinderella,

Harrison Ford.... you go girl.

Did anyone see the Best Buy Hanukkah commercial over the weekend. I have NEVER seen a Hanukkha commercial before in all my life.

Wow... if I could only have money to spend there.

:happyhanukkah:

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
So, Harrison Ford isn't what amuses me.....the Jewish clapping style was what amuses me....I didn't know clapping was differentiated among religions. rotflmao

Personally, I'm glad to know I was confident enough to calmly sit beside Harrison and to be clapping in unison with him while everyone else clapped differently.

-------hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray
hurray hurray hurray ------- flirtgrin -------- hurray hurray hurray
-------hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

How come everyone else didn't follow our example? skeptical

Perhaps that is just another example of my eclectic traditionalism? think

Anyway, it was a totally cool dream! dance2

C
C
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
I don't know if anyone will ever love me in that way again,

Queenie! Let's hope that no one will ever love you in that way again. Let's hope that someone will love you SO MUCH MORE that they wouldn't dream of leaving you for a skanky, slime infected, germ harboring, skin crawling, crack ho. That's what I hope. Why? Because you are one of the most wonderful individuals that I have ever known and you deserve to be loved WAY MORE than what WH gave you.

Now you girls run along and stop talking nonsense about ghosts, goblins, and Harrison Ford. This is an infidelity forum. Sheesh...

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Because you are one of the most wonderful individuals that I have ever known and you deserve to be loved WAY MORE than what WH gave you.

AMEN!!! WAY MORE!!!!! Do you hear us, Queenie?

WAY MORE!!!!!
!

kiss

Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Now you girls run along and stop talking nonsense about ghosts, goblins, and Harrison Ford. This is an infidelity forum. Sheesh...

Nope! uhuh

Reid Groomes was a good guy. smile

Harrison Ford would be a great option for next-door-neighbor and some fancy, swanky shindig. dance2 Don't you go spoilin' my fantasies!!! naughty

S
S
Looks like I came to the right place for a chuckle! Which I needed! Not haveing the best of nights today...heard a song, you know how that happens...

i thought the Jewish clapping was amusing! I was trying hard to picture that in my head... :crosseyedcrazy: :insert exloding head here:

As if I'm not thinking enough tonight! LOL

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
C
C
You know, the idea of me doing Jewish clapping with Harrison Ford would not be nearly so funny if I were Jewish.

It's totally, freaky weird that I come home from church, where my daughter had seen a ghost, and I dream I'm doing Jewish clapping with Harrison Ford (who Adam Sandler says is 1/4 Jewish but I didn't know that last night).

Just too strange for words....Only, I'm using words to tell you about it.....

:MrEEk:.....crazy..... :RollieEyes:..... stickout..... skeptical..... confused..... whistle..... think..... sigh..... flirt..... :crosseyedcrazy:..... TEEF

Q
OP Offline
Q
Just too strange for words....Only, I'm using words to tell you about it.....
LOL......

Such a dictionary you are. kiss

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Hey Queenie,

How are you?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
Ladies I've got a funny for you....check out this live puppycam. The puppies are about 8 weeks old. Three have gone to their adoptive homes. Three are left!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Chai,

I'm good. I seem to be shifting more and more and coming to a place where I am truly looking at my M as honestly as G-d is allowing.

I feel like I've come to the end of the road in wanting my M and yet I still can't imagine my life without my H. But that's the way it is...

There isn't ONE thing on his side that makes me think he will EVER realize or wake up. And yet, it never was about waiting on him, but waiting on G-d to divulge what he needs me to do next.

So I keep praying and praying.....looking for G-ds will and his guidance, not mine.

I find that I hear my children and the complaints and perceptions they had growing up and I'm amazed and saddened that I was oblivious to my H's games and control. I wasn't happy in my M... He hasn't met MY needs for so long. He kept trying to mold me into something I just didn't want to be. I TRIED... and I would have still been TRYING. But who I naturally am isn't what he wants or needs.

So, maybe this was G-ds way of giving me the opportunity to get out and be ok with it. I don't know.

I will always, ALWAYS believe we could have overcome this, but at what cost to ME.

So, I am doing good. I'm just living for G-d and his plan for me today.

Cinders..... they are SO CUTE.... puppycam.... what will we think of next. Affairlandcam? faint

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 262 of 339 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation