Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29
P
P
hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

That's us, the MB crowd, giving YOU a standing ovation.

:MerryChristmas:

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
J
J
Wow Rin.. you sound AWESOME!!!

I'm so proud of you, and proud to know you!

You're truly blessed my friend.. now maybe we can stop doubting ourselves and just watch you shine.

You ARE the light!

So happy for you! hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B
D@mn! I think this girl will be running for president next.

Rin, couldn't you imagine having a little bine for president! rotflmao

Hey, then you could get the federal recognition you've been fighting for laugh

rotflmao

I'm gonna get clobbered for that! rotflmao

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
M
M
hurray

Good for you Rin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E
E
way to go RinDiva!

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Q
Q
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurrayhurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurrayhurray hurray hurray hurray hurray

That's us, the MB crowd, giving YOU a standing ovation.

Couldn't have said or done it any better.

That is so AWESOME.... What a JOY it is to WATCH you BLOSSOM into such an INSPIRING GODDESS....

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
N
N
Wow, thanks for the update, what an amazing inpiration!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
S
OP Offline
S
WOW, thanks to all of you for the comments and feedback!

BC, I have two bines waiting to just grow up! flirt

At least they have the color! rotflmao

Federal recognition! HA! I'll have to start brain washing them now! rotflmao :twobyfour: Becasue YOU are BAD!! rotflmao

I have also found a way to inspire OS to study! I draw on him! Yep, draw! With a pen, we're moving to markers when he brings me home an A on his spelling test which I hope to see this coming week! WHOOHOO! I found it by accident...last Saturday night, we were up watching a movie or something and before I sent him to bed I decided to go over his words with him. He was spelling Meander and was getting it wrong...so I had the pen in hand, grabbed his ankle and started drawing away. He loved it!!!!! laugh

AND he started getting them right by using the drawing...so everytime we studied I would draw on him away...waiting for the results...told him if he got an A on the spelling test I would draw all over his chest with markers! He got a C on his last test, up from the F's, he normally gets. HURRAY!!!!

I have some work to do this weekend! Create an organizational chart, my new job description, so that my pay can be adjusted accordingly...also got my Financial Aid person a raise in the process too! There's going to be some personel changes soon also, I think! But I have to get that done this weekend to be ready for Monday when the President and new Director comes in.

Hi MEDC! Missed you!

PM, Thanks...you're so AWESOME!!!

Eph, you know you are the best big brother a girl can have...

BC, man, I still ahve NO clue what to do with you! rotflmao D@mn [censored] @$$!

Ears, thank you!

I know I missed a few who posted...Oh, James! Thanks man! It can and will happen to you too! I'm watching and waiting in the wings! hug

And my Redskins gal! WHOOHOO! Love ya, Queen!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
Rin,

Wow girlie, or should I say GODDESS.... You just sound so strong, so on the ball headed for nothing but the best in life.

I'm so happy for you... hip hip hurray hip hip hurray hip hip hurray

:happyholidays:

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Queen! I am very concerned about the community property settlement!

POWS was actually over last night before the time to drop off the boys b/c he was helping me pull out the stereo in my old car so I can install the system in my new car!

before he left I asked if he got the letter stating that we had a court date set. He said that he didn't know but he was happy that it was set. I said well, I would like for us to come to an agreement and not have to go to court! He said something about his lawyer asking him to get this information or that information and said that's what he was paying him to do!

POWS also said that he felt like he shouldn't have to give up money out of his 401 because I am getting the house! What I couldn't make him understand is that he TOOK everything else, resulting in a comtempt of court...and he sold the bike also...He said that he sold the bike to use the money for the house!

We agreed to meet and talk about settlemetn but the more I think about it, the more I don't like that decision...I would feel more comfortable going to court with it!

Thing is he's wanting ME to give him the information that HE needs for his lawyer...he also doesn't understand that even when I wasn't living here that I was supporting him by paying the bills and paying off debt...WITHOUT a drop of CS from him...all that stuff adds up...

I'm really nervous about doing all of that...thinking that I'll forget something...guns, 4wheeler, trailer, truck equity, car equity, all the tools that he took, deer stand, house equity, 401....WOW! Bills I paid, bills he paid...rental reimbursement...blah, blah,blah...

This subject has been on my mind since yesterday, eating away at the back while I introduced the new Direction to our world, making sure that he got what he needed...

I was thinking how I need to update my information with accuate to the "T" numbers...

For those of you who know my story and POWS behavior, correct me if I'm wrong but court appears to be the best option!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I'm a little low tonight! OS was complaining about a few things with his dad and the blame that he gets for stuff that he doesn't do...same thing for me when we were together...

THen, OS was asking me questions about custody time with his dad and with me...which led to other questions and it really was a good conversation but then I was listening to some music that a friend I might enjoy and I went into this funk sort to speak...

That lonely feeling hit...and I was thinking that things are really great on the job front...had a great day with the new director...

But outside of the kids and I there is no one to "share" the day with...which I do occasionally get down about...like everyone...wanting someone to love who "REALLY" loves you back...

Like Queen said on her thread the other nite...I just want my pity party for a moment, then I'll be okay...

I guess with personal recovery you have to work on one area at a time to have the whole picture recovered...fact is regardless of the M...I miss being M'ed sometimes...having someone there to share the days events with...I usually call a friend or just sit with my feelings...or just go to bed so that I don't have to think about it...

All triggered my OS and I's conversation...derived from something else his dad has said to him...which the ONLY great things I can say is that at least OS felt confortable enough to talk to me about...OS doesn't want POWS and I back together...he "really" sees all the stuff and WHO his dad is...hears the things that his dad says...

OS was asking me about my life and his dad's life...we talked about Boyfriends, which there's a lack of...told him about someone I am talking too...why I don't have "guys" stay over or anything like that...it's like he wants me to find someone, but like I said to him...whoever it is has to accept the whole package or nothing at all...and I don't want to be happy in one area and not happy in another...OS said that he understood and made reference to "wanting all the moving parts to fit together!"

So smart for 10 yrs. old...so as in the old days, I'm here writing it out...one of the questions was about custody and I even told OS that if he wanted me to get out the paperwork so that he could read it himself, I would...

TBH, the things that I hear OW say to the kids, of course, this is through the kids telling me from me to time, I actually like her more than I do POWS...she at least takes care of them, takes up for them when he's being hard, and OS even said tonight that she gets on POWS for not spending time with them like he should when they are there...that part actually amde me feel good...part of the "I'm not crazy, it was like that when he was here!"

One thing that OS was complaining about was them getting fussed when they ask her to get them something to eat, then OW gets on POWS for not feeding the kids, then POWS gets on the kids for asking her! THey know that he doesn't/won't for them, seen it with my own eyes...so it does make me feel somewhat better that she is caring for them...Weird? or what?

Well, I feel somewhat better...guess I just needed to write that out like in my past life here...

This all just got me to questioning myself...wondering when the right one comes along will I be smart enough to recognize it...thinking in the future...

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Well, it has been a LONG and exhausting day since I didn't sleep well last night! I'm headed to bed right after I email some pictures for work!

I picked up the boys this afternoon and OS informs me that he has been suspended from school for tomorrow but doesn't have any paperwork to give to me! SOOOO, I will be at the school in the morning! I already had plans to try to get him into another teacher's class so that is moving up to tomorrow!

I was livid! Just when you feel that you are making a step in the right direction, you move five back! I informed OS that regardless of the sitch, susenpion are NOT acceptable in this house and he had a consquence for that. I explained that I expected him to walk a thinner line!

OS feels that this teacher has been trying to get him suspensed for some time now! She new with no experience, first year teacher...

So, I will attempt to get him moved out of her class into a more experienced teacher's class, if that doesn't work then it's back to the drawing board with OS. On top of it, I usually work with the Asst. Principle and it was the NEW principle that OS dealt with today! She's probable unaware of the struggle that I ahve been having with OS, the new IEP, the recent screening for ADHD. So, I have that on my plate in the morning! What a wonderful way to start the day!

Just when I felt like I was making headway with him!

Thomas Carlyle
I
I
Hi there S

I just wondered what it was like to text superwoman.

BTW. What does POWS stand for?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
K
K
Hey there! You are doing great - life is made up of challenges and sweetness and doesn't have to be challenges and pain.

It's time to help your son find the gift in ADHD so that he can harness the creativity and energy to work in his favor instead of against him. He's ten, so he's going to understand it if you teach him in small bits.

I watched this special on PBS taught by Daniel Amen - he was teaching about how the brain functions - what drugs, stress, etc. can do to the brain. and how to heal the brain and help ourselves deal with aging. There are some applications that may apply to your son. His book is "Change your brain; change your life". I'm getting the book for my husband for Christmas because he really perked up as he listened - some of the difficulties he's had with depression are relevant here.

Remember Romans 8:28 talks about everything working for good - so start with the spiritual lesson first while you work through the difficulties this suspension causes both of you.

One other thing - you have truly gotten the lesson that you are a woman of strength. Two plus years ago, I wanted this gift for you that only you could give yourself. It's amazing what happens when you escape the clutches of an abuser.

Someone who could really use your mentoring right now on this board is 2Much2Lose - she is married to a mental/emotional abuser who could easily become physically abusive too.

Please read her thread and see if your experience will bless her the way I think it will. She needs to know your story - because she's terrified of the unknown that life will be if she breaks with her abuser.

Much admiration going out to you - you're awesome!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
B
B
Rin,

Kayla really hit all of the points in the post above.

Absolutely work with OS on finding the gifts in his condition. I've walked in your shoes, and although I don't live it daily anymore with DSS, I am still right there with you. Things can be going along very well (in our minds), and some big issues pops up. It goes with the territory, but you can find coping skills for both OS and you to not only help deal with this stuff as it comes along, but to help prevent a great deal of it in the future.

Sounds like you have some great resources at school, but the entire team needs to be on board. His teacher should have been in meetings with you, the principal, and the counselor when you filed his plan. I'm sure you made that happen today. Remember, when it comes to school, you can not communicate TOO much. Everyone being up to speed every day with what's happening does a world of good for everyone concerned.

You are doing great!

I gotta run, but take care!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
L
L
Rin:

I find it surprising that a student with an IEP was suspended.

Start with ONE THING: OS is NOT to blame the teacher. IF he says that he is on her list, and was expected to get suspended, then put it back on him. "Why didn't you talk to me?" What are you doing to create this attitude in your teacher?" etc.

BTDT.

LG

S
OP Offline
S
Hi there S

I just wondered what it was like to text superwoman.

BTW. What does POWS stand for?
POWS stands for Piece of wayward sh)t...

I didn't understnad what you meant by wondering what it was like to txt superwoman...I didn't txt OW...

Thanks for dropping in...nice to have you here!

Thomas Carlyle
B
B

She was talkin about you COUILLION!!

:happyhanukkah:

Last edited by BetrayedCajun; 12/10/08 10:57 PM.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you very MUCH for the words of inspiration! I will certainly check into 2much2lose and see if I ca inspire...

I will also look into that book too...I ended up having to bring OS to work with me today...I didn't have a choice, the sitter was gone when we got to her house and I wasn't about to leave him by himself...

So I put him in a classroom to get the work done that I had copied off the board for him. Of course, he didn't accomplish much, but we did just finish up with some of it.

I'm grateful that my new boss allowed me to do that. I also got his hair cut today while he was there! SO, YES, this susension DID cause us some difficulties today! We also went to lunch today and I promised OS not to tell his dad about it, which he was very grateful. POWS doesn't help matters but from my POV hurts the situation!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
LMAO...alright BC, I got it! It's been a LOONNGGG day! Just finished SOME homework and we started as soon as we got home!

LG/BUGS: I'm going to try to make this a short story!

Come to find out this morning, after returning form the school with OS and talking with a coworker...who looked at the paperwork that I have it's not an IEP, it's a 504 plan...there has not been a Pupil Appraisal done on OS and from my understanding this is ILLEGAL...my coworker is going to send me a request for evaluation, she is also in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against our school board administration for not following proper procedures when handling kids like mine...she through her hands up and said that "she has another one!"

I did manage to get OS switched to another class starting Jan. 6th. Even his main teacher agreed that OS responses better to the other teacher than her. I personally think that they were trying to CYA...I had the teacher, Asst. principle, and the intermin principle in the office...

The teacher that he is switching to can NOT understand WHY OS is being suspensed for behavior relating to his disability...

My coworker stated that there should be a behavior modification plan in place as well to help him stay on task, and get him work done.

According to the principle, she said that she needed to make OS understnad that this type of behavior will not be tolerated...says that he REFUSES to do his work...I personally can't see him REFUSING...it's more like a passive refusal in my eyes...

OS said that he has asked for help with things and she doesn't help him, I personally think that she has labeled him...OS said that she would not allow him to go get his paperwork from the office yesterday. The teacher said that was not the case.

I told them that if changing him from this class to another class is not the answer and behavior does not improve then I was wrong.

I am very upset with the system and my coworker said that if she had to that she would show up with me at the 504 building that that would make heads turn and accomplish something.

I ahve already catch them violating the privacy act and giving out information on OS to POWS' mother when she called. I am still trying to figure out HOW to get him out of this school and into another one somewhere in the parish, so that he can have a fresh start. The afternoon care if the problem AND I would have to lie about where I live to do that too! Drive him to school everyday!

The whole thing is just sickening! Ever on the paperwork I signed, which I didn't completely understand, I signed for things that I was invited to but have not been given the date to attend. Communications that I haven't recieved and THAT IS my fault. I should have read every single thing on the paperwork, but not understanding the system and how things work, makes it a little difficult! SOOOOO, I'm learning...and I will request in writing the written evaulation for a REAL IEP, pupil appraisal, evaluation, and anything else that I can get my hands on!

I also called the office that I am waiting on an appt. with the pyschologist today. I was told that it will probably be ANOTHER three weeks before we can get in! This is like going throught D all over again! The school system IS JUST AS BAD AS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM!

SO, here I am, head up, shoulders back, and doing the best that I can with OS, a little at a time! Doing my best to live IN the solution and not the problem!

Thomas Carlyle
Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 463 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation