Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52
L
L
SD:

You stated this:
Thanks for the PBP

What's a PBP?

Peanut Butter and Pickle?

think

LG

B
B
I'm guessin Play By Play LG

Couillion!

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
OP Offline
C
Pabst Beer & Peanuts??

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
Sorry, got my Acronym Usage Zones (AUZs) mixed up. PBP is for pot-bellied pig. I had the weirdest dream the other night where I was sleeping at my xILs but their new pot-bellied pigs had gotten loose and were coming in and jumping on the bed. I am not making this up. My xILs do not actually own any pigs. Weird.

BC got it.

Originally Posted by chrisner
Pabst Beer & Peanuts??

I knew this couldn't be it, because everybody KNOWS that Pabst goes best with pickled eggs.

Joe Jost's in Long Beach used 2 have the best lunches! Pabst on tap, awesome chili dogs, and pickled eggs!

...and Beano for dessert! grin

-ol' 2long

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Seriously Deranged Guy
Sorry, got my Acronym Usage Zones (AUZs) mixed up. PBP is for pot-bellied pig. I had the weirdest dream the other night where I was sleeping at my xILs but their new pot-bellied pigs had gotten loose and were coming in and jumping on the bed. I am not making this up. My xILs do not actually own any pigs. Weird.

Well, I wonder what Sigmund would have made of this?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
I didn't even mention the part where the worms started coming out of one of the pigs. I wish I didn't remember it.

I'm sure you wish that now, too.

C
OP Offline
C
Here I start the day with heroic and inspiring tales of high school girl’s basketball and in a couple posts we’re talking about Pabst, pickled eggs, pot bellied pigs and worms. That aint right.

S
S
Oh, yeah . . . congrats, Coach! Great win.

J
J
Here I start the day with heroic and inspiring tales of high school girl’s basketball and in a couple posts we’re talking about Pabst, pickled eggs, pot bellied pigs and worms. That aint right.

Well Coach.. we can start a new day on the right foot and straight off talk about beer!

What do you know about some big beerfest shindig in the Denver area sometime in September? My brother's trying to convince me it'd be a good idea and a way to celebrate my pullin in to the D-line station this week... looking for the straight hops from a local.

Last edited by Jamesus; 12/11/08 09:12 AM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
OP Offline
C

Here you go James. Let me know if you are really going and we can go down to LoDo and catch some bands. If you like jazz we could pop in to El Chapultepec.

Great American Beer Festival 2009

I am all spiffed up for tonights game. I think we have an opportunity tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jamesus

Well Coach.. we can start a new day on the right foot and straight off talk about beer!

What do you know about some big beerfest shindig in the Denver area sometime in September? My brother's trying to convince me it'd be a good idea and a way to celebrate my pullin in to the D-line station this week... looking for the straight hops from a local.

Sep was 3 months ago dude

I do know of a big beerfest at my house this weekend. I heard it from a good source too.

Oh, and it snowed in South Louisiana this morning!!

and I forget to pee in it!! cry
I'm so disappointed in myself frown

:happyhanukkah:

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
W
W
Oh, and it snowed in South Louisiana this morning!!

and I forget to pee in it!!
I'm so disappointed in myself

rotflmao

C
OP Offline
C
We had a three level sweep last night.

Level 3 (freshman + 2 sophomores) 58-8

JV (DD20.991s team) 52-31

Varsity 55 - 23

It was a good night. My reward was waking up this morning to parent’s emails, voice messages and texts complaining that the Rocky Mountain News messed up the stats. Boo Bloody Hoo. I guess they want me to drive down to the News every game night at 1:00 am and proofread for them.

The first quarter of the varsity game was real SLOOOOOOOOOW. Tied 4-4 at the end of the first? The starting varsity guards were taking a vacation from hustle. We had moved a couple of young guards from JV up to sit because of their effort in their game. Ended up playing them both and they did great. Really great! They combined for 10 points and a ton of defensive pressure at the top. Suddenly the starters were very interested again. We scored 20 in the 3rd and 17 in the 4th. Nothing like a little internal competition to motivate.

Tough game tomorrow morning. A top 7 rated 5A team at their gym. This will be a big measuring stick.

But varsity is 3-2 and really should have been 4-1 but what the heck. They were 5-18 all last season so maybe we are headed in the right direction.

Wayzilla forwarded without any comment an email to me this morning from her corporate headquarters regarding DDs insurance. It was surprisingly vague about the circumstances. It simple states DD will no longer be covered effective 12/31/08. It was not enough for my HR to work with so I put the two HR gurus in touch with each other. In honesty, I think Wayzilla is trying to get away with something but I don’t know what yet. She still has not told DD anything about her “Big Decision.” What a maroon!

Have a great weekend everyone.

C
OP Offline
C
DD is now officially DD21. A good group of friends went out after practice last night and had a very good time celebrating. DGS came down from Fort Collins too. I never in my life imagined I would celebrate that night with DD without her mother. 21 years ago today we brought her home from the hospital. It was a real cold day just like today. We were both scared to death. But it looks like we did okay.

Both DD and I have games tonight.

The varsity had one of those silver lining loses on Saturday to a very good 5A team. They played the same team last year and lost 80 something to 20 something. This time it was 77-50, but the girls won the 2nd and 3rd quarters by a combined 30-29. In truth in spite of the final score they played very well. Baby steps.

The other coach brought 18 girls to the game (JV and L3 players) thinking that she would be flooding the floor with her babies once we were crushed. It did not work out. She had to play her varsity kids the whole way. This coach is a 2-time Colorado Coach of the Year and has been a post coach for the WNBA Charlotte Sting in the summers. It was nice to surprise her. Baby steps.

The parents were all thrilled after the game and several came by me to tell me what a night and day difference there is from last year. Although it will take a lot of hustle we have a chance to tie the total number of wins in all of last year before the Christmas shutdown.

DD has received no news on Wayzilla’s dirty life and times. What a shock.

It was 2-years ago this week I found this place and started reading. Friday will be the 2-year mark for my first post. Again, I can’t thank my friends here enough for all the help they gave DD and I. I am sure our story would be far different without you.

P
P
Chris,

I went back and re-read some of your earliest posts. Your sense of humor was very intact back then as well and it's interesting to see your progress over time.

Your thread is the one I look forward to reading the most since you usually have some of that trademark humor.

I'm guessing that Wayzilla may have been probing your Plan B to see if you would engage with her regarding DD21.

It's also good to see a BH who is genuinely moving on with life and doing well in the aftermath of things.

It sounds like you have good friends, good supporters, and the respect of your daughter, which is pretty much all anyone of us can ask for.

Thanks for bringing humor to us.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
L
L
Chris:

I wanted to send this along, a radio link from a program called "This American Life" "Home Alone"

When your neighbor passed away several months ago, it hit you kind of hard, this story talks about that part about being alone.

With your Relationship with DGS, and DD22 and others, you have nothing to fear.

But all three stories are interesting. Mary Ann's in particular.

There are some jobs in government you might not want to do. This one is close to one I wouldn't want to do.

The Browne story in great as well. I wasn't able to listen to the final "hostage" story. Had to run. Let me know what you think.

Happy Holidays!

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Hi LG. I will look into these. Thanks. You have a great holiday too!

Thanks for checking in POM!

Tonight is our last practice of the season before the holiday shutdown. The offense is starting to get there. Defensively we need help. I keep hearing from people who were around the program last year saying how much better they play and how close we are getting to turning corners. I hope the girls can keep their heads up until we get there.

I am looking forward to a few days away from it. Christmas Eve will be with my sis, her husband, DGS, DD21 and her BF. I am looking forward to that but I really need an afternoon to clean up my house. Since tryouts I have lost 12 pounds and my house looks like it has been taken over by a pack of socially deranged laboratory monkeys with basketballs.

DD21 and her BF had her 21st Birthday dinner with Wayzilla and the Grandzillas on Friday night after practice. While they were all together, I got a text from DD saying, “I am a little disappointed in mom. She has hit an all time low. Will call you later.”

Oooooookay.

When later came DD called me and said that Wayzilla and Grandzillas more or less totally ignored DD and her BF the whole dinner talking among themselves. No one brought a card, a gift or even mentioned her birthday. I was stunned and told DD she had to be kidding. She said “Nope” and immediately put her BF on for confirmation. He told me it was unbelievable. Not a single acknowledgement of her birthday and the whole dinner was wrapped up in about 50-minutes.

And of course, not a word about Gollum, her job or the “Big Decision.”

DD was very stoic about it all and just called it par for the course. DGS thinks this one was huge and may be the final straw before a long and serious estrangement. I guess we will see.

I will be off for the next 6-days starting tomorrow. That will be great. Have a great holiday all you fighting MBers!

Last edited by chrisner; 12/22/08 12:36 PM.

W
W
grumble How cruel.

Unfortunately, I think DGS is right. Your DD has withstood much from WayZ. Just like the BS', there comes a time when enough is enough.

Thank goodness she has you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DD21!!!

Take care, chrisner. She has a great example in you. (messy house aside) grin

Fox

C
C
Chrisner, I don't know if you've ever watched the show "The Biggest Loser". This past season, they had a mother-daughter team where the mother had divorced the father... and, from what I could tell, she had left him for someone else. The daughter (who ended up as the winner) was 19 or so at the time, and she didn't speak to her mother for 6 years... and she had a whole host of issues that she dealt with on the show related to that. Her mother had done a real number on her... and while she doesn't appear to have handled it as well as your DD has, it seemed like she went through a very similar experience of feeling abandoned by her mother.

I've been following your threads, although I don't recall if I've ever posted to you before. But every week, when my wife and I watched this program, that one contestant's situation made me think of your DD's sitch...

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 12/22/08 12:49 PM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
Page 40 of 52 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation