Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 264 of 339 1 2 262 263 264 265 266 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Angie,

What are you doing to work on yourself and leave your H to G-d.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Queenie,

I work, I am going to school, I am also doing my internship in a shelter for battered women. Although doing my internship has been very tough because I do not think it's a good time due to my sitch at home with my H. I do not like being away from home thinking that I do not know if he believes that I am going to the shelter or not.
I have very little time for anything else. I am having a hard time keeping my weight under control because with this whole ordeal I have become an emotional eater. I have gained a lot of pounds since two years ago.
Queenie I am not sure if I am answering your question. I hope so.....

Angie.

Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
You know, if you end up with no marriage, it can still be a good life. I am living proof.
Marriage was the most important thing I had in life. I dreamed of being married, growing old with my husband and celebrating our life on the porches as we watched our future grow up.

It will take a little more time for me to be ok with not being married. I can handle not being married to the monster.

But not married again? Naw, I'm too much a people person... In G-ds time though, not MINE...
Sometimes we get so busy trying to live to G-ds plan for us that we forget to stop and ask him what it is and let him make the big decisions for us. Being married does not make you happy. You make you happy and then you find someone to share it with - friends, neighbours, touching people's lives in Australia! I have a long way to go to accept this myself, but I like writing it down - it almost makes it real.

Take care Queenie

BS 32 (1st marriage), WH 38 (2nd marriage), DD 3, DS 1
Married Aug 2002, EA/PA 2005, NC mid 2005
EA Jun 2008, Plan A, 1 Aug 2008, WH moved out 14 Sep 08, D-Day 14 Sep 08, Moved home 2 Nov 08, moved out 30 Nov 08
Plan B, 2 Dec 08, broken 5, 11, 15 & 17 Dec 08
Current Status: Contact for visitation, children and finances.
Embarking on a new plan to Let go and Let God and to not settle for less than I deserve!
L
L
Hi Queenie,

Marriage was the most important thing I had in life. I dreamed of being married, growing old with my husband and celebrating our life on the porches as we watched our future grow up.

This is how I 'visualized' my future, too, Queenie. And the challenge of 'letting go' of something/someone that was so important to us, and such a big part of our lives, so much so that, to our detriment, it may partly have 'defined' us.... and, when removed...then what happens?

I think that's us.

...so NOW how to learn to enlarge the picture to include other possibilities...and see our future 'otherwise'

To 2m2:

Being married does not make you happy.

...and this may be part of the underlying problem, a belief that this was needed to make us happy...dependent on something other than ourselves..

You make you happy and then you find someone to share it with....

...and yes, 2m2, this is a healthier way of going about life... that MANY of us are working on.... thanks for the reminder!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
M
M
This is the belief that leads to a wayward mindset. It is a belief that anyone we love must make us happy and anyone who does not cannot be truly loved. It is what causes affairs, the looking for happiness rather than being happy...

This is also where many BS fail to grasp Plan A in that many believe the goal of Plan A is to make the WS happy and avoid making him/her unhappy. It leads to becoming a doormat and allowing the affair to continue rather than confronting it and attempting to resolve it.

And then it gets integrated into Plan B by some because they believe that their own happiness came from the WS before the affair. They believe wrongly that it was losing the WS that made them unhappy and that if WS came back they would again be happy.

But if we were happy before the affair we can and will be happy again, with or without the WS. Our unhappiness is not because we lost the WS but because the WS lied, deceived and disrespected us. Our happiness didn't come from them to begin with and it is not theirs to take away from us when they leave.

Q
OP Offline
Q
I work, I am going to school, I am also doing my internship in a shelter for battered women.
WOW, good for you...

Although doing my internship has been very tough because I do not think it's a good time due to my sitch at home with my H. I do not like being away from home thinking that I do not know if he believes that I am going to the shelter or not.
Angie, do you and your H work on ANYTHING towards recovery? Are you wanting help from people on MB? Maybe there are some suggestions you haven't thought of yet.

I am having a hard time keeping my weight under control because with this whole ordeal I have become an emotional eater. I have gained a lot of pounds since two years ago. {/quote] I so understand this, maybe asking G-d for help when you want to eat. NOT EASY and NOT WORKING FOR ME... but I keep trying.

[quote] Sometimes we get so busy trying to live to G-ds plan for us that we forget to stop and ask him what it is and let him make the big decisions for us.
I have learned to do this and understand that G-d will reveal it to me as he needs me to KNOW... Not what I WANT.....

No, and before all this happened, I was someone who had a completely fulfilling life. Seems so strange. The perception was that H was WAY MORE dependent on ME and if anyone left the marriage it would be ME. I'm more outgoing, vivacious, full of life and adventure. WAS I WRONG..... puke think

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
This is how I 'visualized' my future, too, Queenie. And the challenge of 'letting go' of something/someone that was so important to us, and such a big part of our lives, so much so that, to our detriment, it may partly have 'defined' us.... and, when removed...then what happens?
This is the MOST IRONIC part, before D-day, I wasn't defined by my H, I was the happy go lucky "B" who lived life and made the most of every opportunity.

I simply can't understand what happened to ME.... Why did this CRUSH me the way it did. :twobyfour:

Oh well, what happened, happened, how I reacted was how I reacted and now I am growing and learning. I can't change the past, but learn from it and seek G-d for today and my path today...

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Angie, do you and your H work on ANYTHING towards recovery? Are you wanting help from people on MB? Maybe there are some suggestions you haven't thought of yet.

Queenie;
Can we talk about this over the phone? I would really like to know what are you talking about....
I will e-mail you with the phone number right now.

A.

Q
OP Offline
Q
This is the belief that leads to a wayward mindset. It is a belief that anyone we love must make us happy and anyone who does not cannot be truly loved. It is what causes affairs, the looking for happiness rather than being happy...
Without a DOUBT this is my monster's issue.

He needed me to make him happy and it was NEVER my job to do that, nor was it his job to make ME happy. He believes crack ho will make him happy and so he is hanging on as hard as he can.

I just believed that no matter what we would continue to fight for happiness together, but the sad part we didn't have the right formula.... G-D..... and seeking only him for guidance and happiness. Because he will steer me in the direction he wants for me.

But if we were happy before the affair we can and will be happy again, with or without the WS. Our unhappiness is not because we lost the WS but because the WS lied, deceived and disrespected us. Our happiness didn't come from them to begin with and it is not theirs to take away from us when they leave.
My only unhappiness came from not being able to make my H happy and I didn't grasp it wasn't my job. I actually am a very happy person, who just faced the toughest journey in life thus far. I'm at peace, I'm living and I'm learning. But mostly I'm becoming who G-d envisioned for me....ALWAYS....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
faint faint faint faint faint

Oh goodness, we lost to the BENGALS..... think grumble think think

:crosseyedcrazy: :crosseyedcrazy: :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :crosseyedcrazy: :crosseyedcrazy:

puke puke rant2 rant2 sick sick cry cry

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 12/14/08 04:18 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
we lost to the BENGALS

It could have been worse...

It could have been the Lions... :MrEEk:

Q
OP Offline
Q
It could have been the Lions...
And from what I hear the Colts even tried that. Oh G-d I was thinking of James and his little boy.

It can ALWAYS be worse.

When I think about this from a G-d and healing perspective this is a MIRACLE....

My life before this revolved around this team, would be in reaction to this team winning or losing. I can go there with how stupid and childish.... blah, boring....crap...

What I am most grateful for is that I am no longer that person. I have grown to appreciate and be grateful for G-ds grace, patience and guidance.

I talked to someone last night who I had run into at the Seahawk game. She didn't know what had been going on in my life and we caught up on the phone last night.

Again, one more person who says how WH controlled me, how he held me down from being the vivacious loving person I am instinctively. She said she never thought he was genuine, or not sincere. More and more I hear that.

How did I become so blind or what really is the truth. In the long run, that doesn't matter, what does matter is I seem to be continually getting more pieces to a puzzle that and G-d again is being gracious and letting me be witness to it.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
Without a DOUBT this is my monster's issue.

He needed me to make him happy and it was NEVER my job to do that, nor was it his job to make ME happy. He believes crack ho will make him happy and so he is hanging on as hard as he can.

I just believed that no matter what we would continue to fight for happiness together, but the sad part we didn't have the right formula.... G-D..... and seeking only him for guidance and happiness. Because he will steer me in the direction he wants for me.

My only unhappiness came from not being able to make my H happy and I didn't grasp it wasn't my job. I actually am a very happy person, who just faced the toughest journey in life thus far. I'm at peace, I'm living and I'm learning. But mostly I'm becoming who G-d envisioned for me....ALWAYS....

Fortunately, my x didn't have a crackho. But, so much of what you said is right on the money for my divorce. Right on the money.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Cinders,

You know, how sad that WH is hanging on to a crack ho with hep c for happiness, and in the end, it truly could cost him his life. Not emotionally but physically because I wouldn't lay good odds he is practicing safe sex. sigh faint sick

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 12/14/08 11:52 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
Queenie, should he come crawling back on his hands and knees, you just think about how he has treated you and your children AND think about this. Then see if you can get someone to plant a large foot up his chocolate wizway.

You SO deserve better than this idgit!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Queenie, should he come crawling back on his hands and knees, you just think about how he has treated you and your children AND think about this. Then see if you can get someone to plant a large foot up his chocolate wizway.

You SO deserve better than this idgit!
You know Cinders, I know most people think I am an idiot, in a fantasyworld, etc. I can't explain why it is I don't need him to come crawling back. Because I don't. I'm not going to fix this mess for him. I'm not going to make it better or sweep the hurts under the table.

As for deserving better. Only G-d really gets to decide that, not me. I married this man in sickness and in health. I'm not martyr though it probably appears that way.

I guess the bottom line is I love the man he was once, I hold FAITH that just maybe G-d can reach that man and bring him to his knees to reach for his relationship with G-d and possibly even bring him home.

I'm not that weak stupid woman who carried so much guilt for her part in the destruction of the M. But I am a woman of G-d who just is waiting a little longer to see how G-d has is planned.

How I have managed to preserve the love I have for him is anyones guess, but it's still there, like the lighthouse Ark talks about, silent, quiet and precious because it was the love that G-d gave me for my H.

And I don't want him on his knees. I just PRAY for him to call me BRIGHT EYES in that tone that tells me it's OVER and the real work of R can begin.

I don't mean to frustrate people on here, I don't mean to seem like I am weak, stupid, full of self pity etc. I'm just a wife that is willing to hold out a LITTLE longer and let G-d work the miracle for my life. Whichever that turns out to be.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
I don't mean to frustrate people on here, I don't mean to seem like I am weak, stupid, full of self pity etc. I'm just a wife that is willing to hold out a LITTLE longer and let G-d work the miracle for my life. Whichever that turns out to be.

Well I don't think people see you like you are weak and stupid....you are a strong and courageous woman!!!
You know...people understand that you want to wait on God to answer your prayers, and God sometimes doesn't answer prayers right away, sometimes we have to wait for God's perfect timing.
Waiting hurts!! and it sucks!! but there is no other alternative.

Hugs

Angie

Q
OP Offline
Q
Well I don't think people see you like you are weak and stupid....you are a strong and courageous woman!!!
Don't think I would take a poll. :RollieEyes:

I think that when you look at it from a purely logical point of view. It's time to get out NOW.... If I could be absolutely sure that the M was bad from the start and that G-d wants me out of it, I am ready to completely walk away.

I'm not blind to the problems in my M. I'm not in such a fantasy that what WH changed into and for many years before is an abusive loser.

It's my childlike faith in love, marriage and commitment and silly polyana view of the world that love conquers all. And that G-d will just fix it.

Oh well, I don't have to decide today. :crosseyedcrazy:

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Queenie, I understand what you're saying...
You know underneath the WH persona, he is a lovely man....
Lets just hang in there and wait to see what happens with the affair.....and then make decisions as the situations arise...thats my philosophy in my case anyway,I don't want to date yet so I'm living the best life I can..what happens, happens!

We both like to control situations,now we can't, so lets just sit back and try make the most of this rollercoaster ride! LOL

Q
OP Offline
Q
We both like to control situations,now we can't, so lets just sit back and try make the most of this rollercoaster ride! LOL

If this isn't an understandment I don't know what is.

US, TRY TO CONTROL STUFF.... faint

NEVER

kiss

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 264 of 339 1 2 262 263 264 265 266 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 524 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation