Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 127 of 152 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 151 152
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Bellevue
Charlotte,

Gift suggestion for Shiny:

A "Superman" belt with buckle to wear to court.

Do you know his waist measurement?

[The little girl staying with me from Hong Kong wears one; yellow background, Red "S" surrounded by gold. (I'll miss her when she returns to H.K. for the holidays.)]

Awwwwwwwwwww.......how CUTE!!!!!

That's a great idea, too!!

He would LOVE that! I can hear him laughing already! LOL!!

Yeah, I only happen to know his waist size because he isn't happy with it and is on a diet, LOL!

I was thinking too...I have a friend whose husband is a massage therapist. He worked on my arms a couple of years ago because they were really bothering me, carpal tunnel, I think.

He is REALLY good!! I might give them a call and get a gift certificate for Shiny for a massage.

Heck, I might need one on my arms again, all the action with the whisk in class has sorely taxed my strongest arm!

Charlotte

C
C
Do you think Shiny can come to Ohio?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
C
C
I had to empty that 8 feet long, 7 feet tall bookcase today. My nose is shiny.....that should get me something.....besides sick.

grumble sigh TEEF

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Do you think Shiny can come to Ohio?

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.........I'll sure ask him!!

If he could, I know he would! I'm not sure how the jurisdictional thing works between different states.

Yeah, I really need to get started on that novel! The world needs to know about Shiny! Then he will be immortalized forever in print! And it will be SO much better than other books about attorneys...no offense to any attorneys here, mind you!

wink

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
I had to empty that 8 feet long, 7 feet tall bookcase today. My nose is shiny.....that should get me something.....besides sick.

grumble sigh TEEF

rotflmao

C
C
rant2

It is NOT rotflmao

rant2

It's more like..... puke

D
OP Offline
D
rant2

It is NOT rotflmao

rant2

It's more like..... puke

rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
I talked to OWH tonight to ask him if he was nervous about his hearing.

He said he is, just a little bit.

I told him NOT to worry!! LOL!!

His mom is going to go. She got to meet Shiny the other day. Cool! I'll finally get to meet her...the fired-up little Italian lady!!

I also asked him WTH he said to Shiny the other day to get him so fired up?

He said he was calm and cool when he talked to him.

So I said, well, I guess whatever you told him really got him fired up, Dude, because he was ready to jump the fence and whale on the competition for a few hours!! A few very LONG hours!! LOL!

Again: WOW!!

Shock and Awe, Gray...Shock and Awe!!! You'll never know what hit you once Shiny gets through with you and you will be wondering why your feet are so warm until you look down and realize you are in hell!! Adios!! It USED to be nice knowin' ya!

wink

Charlotte

C
C
Well, I guess you aren't interested in recovery, huh? think

uhuh

rotflmao

BTW, I had to use puke because that was the closest smiley to a sneeze.

sigh Actually, this is a lot like how I feel today.....nose tender, eyes dry, head stopped up - - allergies to the max!..... sigh

D
D
There's been a lot of superman stuff on bidz.com.

Hey Char.

I live kinda near you...but fer enough away NOT to have heard Shiny go off.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
There's been a lot of superman stuff on bidz.com.

Hey Char.

I live kinda near you...but fer enough away NOT to have heard Shiny go off.

Are you sure? rotflmao He was really LOUD!!!

Cool. I've never been to bidz.com. I think I'll go check it out later. Thanks!!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Well, I guess you aren't interested in recovery, huh? think

uhuh

rotflmao

BTW, I had to use puke because that was the closest smiley to a sneeze.

sigh Actually, this is a lot like how I feel today.....nose tender, eyes dry, head stopped up - - allergies to the max!..... sigh

Recovery?

I don't think so, Tim. Personal recovery, yes.

Gray has killed anything left inside of me that cared about him. Not just his actions, and inactions...like when it comes to the kids.

But just seeing him through the eyes of others, KWIM?

I'm not angry and I just can't seem to get angry at him because I don't care. But I see how angry others are at what he has done and is still doing.

Like DIL, Mom, Shiny, OWH, etc.

It's almost like: it's no surprise to me that he is the way he is so it doesn't faze me. Then I hear through others their anger at his actions...

Am I making any sense here? grin

Just let me know and I will try to explain it better. It makes sense in my head! LOL!! Getting it down on paper is another story!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Shiny just called.

I found out about the insurance check. I told him that if he mentioned it the other day I'm sure it went in one ear and out the other after all of the yakkity-yak and figures and what-not during Mediation.

Not to mention the bomb blasts!! LOL!!

Palpitine is supposed to put the check in his trust account and then we have to get permission from the court in order to get the meter box and roof fixed.

Fun, huh?

LOL!

He said, you know they are going to make things as difficult as possible.

Yeah, I noticed!! rotflmao

But he'll take care of HIM when we go to court and blast his *ss out of the water!

I said...with you at the helm, I don't see that as a problem!

He thanks me for the vote of confidence...as if he needs it!! LOL!!

So we are going to present a united front at OWH's hearing again.

YAY!!

OWH's mom will be there, too.

Slag is TOAST, Baby!!!

Blackened toast!! Only she won't be able to scrape away the blackened part the way you can do sometimes and still salvage the toast to eat. She will be totally blackened through and through!!

It will match her black heart! LOL!!

LOOK OUT SLAG, SHINY'S GUNNIN' FOR YA'!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Shiny's former PL-T called me on Christmas Day with terrible news.

She was out walking her doggies Christmas Eve for a potty break in the evening and they were attacked by a pit bull. Sweet little dust-mop doggy was horribly wounded, as was one of the other dogs and T herself.

We were JUST hanging out earlier that day and had lunch, ran around and did some shopping, ran into a former employee of Shiny's...a chance meeting at Hobby Lobby...then we went back to T's place and hung out with the dogs and talked for a long time.

I left to go home and T went to pick up her daughter from her X's place.

T and daughter got home, her bf came over and they were going to grill some steaks but T decided to take the doggies out first before cooking.

The pit bull came up to them wagging his tail and then grabbed little dust-mop and shook her like a rag doll. T tried to stop him and he attacked one of the other dogs and T.

They went to the vet and found out little dust-mop had a punctured lung and needed surgery. It would have been $8,000.00. T didn't want her baby to suffer and decided it would be better to let her go.

She called Shiny about what happened and he offered to pay for the surgery but T said it was okay...there was no telling what other damage might be in her baby's tiny little body besides that punctured lung until the vet actually cut into her. (She told me that Shiny was shaking on the other end of the line when she told him about the attack.)

So she and daughter said goodbye and let her go. Her other doggy had to be stitched up; the pit bull missed his jugular by a few short millimeters.

T had to go to the emergency room...the pit bull had mangled her hand on the arm that she had surgery on a few months ago after an accident. It was just really starting to get better.

She said she did everything Shiny told her to do as far as legally. A friend will handle her case but they aren't suing the owners of the dog, just their insurance company.

T didn't even want the cops to give the dog's owner a ticket because the owner was so distraught. So now the dog is in quarantine.

T is so destroyed. It's just awful!

I don't think I'll be able to go to her on Friday because I am taking care of my grandma so I'm going to go there on Saturday and stop at the nursery to get her a plant. She loves houseplants and has quite a few huge specimens around her apartment.

I don't know what else to say to comfort her...it's always SO hard when you lose an animal friend. And little dust mop was the SWEETEST little thing! So are her other two, though. The other doggy that got injured was just chillin' in my lap while we talked on Christmas Eve. Little dust mop was trying to get up on the couch and she's so tiny it was really hard for her, but so cute!

Poor little thing!

Charlotte

C
C
cry

I am SO sorry.

cinderella #2182215 12/26/08 12:39 PM
C
C
Charlotte,

I am sorry to hear about that too. My DD had a Pit that was the sweetest thing, but I always worried. When we kicked her out she took him, but I think living with all of the crack heads and breathing crack all day definitely had a bad effect on him. He attacked someones cat and almost killed it. When she got evicted, the landlord called the SPCA and they put him down. I was relieved because I saw such a change in his behavior. While he was with us though, he was a sweet, funny dog. Smart too. He took more abuse from my Boston Terrier than any dog should take, but he didn't seem to mind.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

ChaiLover #2184635 12/30/08 08:57 PM
C
C
Hey girl. You've been awfully quiet the past few days. What gives?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Chai and cinders...thank you for the condolences for T. She is doing better and Shiny will make sure she is taken care of. They have been friends like, forEVER! LOL! (Yeah, I've heard LOTS of great stories!! wink )

Her daughter already wants to get another Yorkie. T didn't really want to but since her daughter does she will go along with it.

I got some cool news Friday. Letter in the mail: I have an average of 4.0 and I'm on the Honor Roll! The President's Honor Roll, no less!! Wow!! hurray

I had NO idea my average was that high! Last I knew, in Week 6, I was a 3.8!!

Sooooooooo................WAY COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

This will look good for court, too, me thinks! wink

dance2

Oh yeah, and the title for the house came in the mail that day, too. Phew!! Finally got it paid for! No thanks to MG!! Up to him, we'd have had a foreclosure, like in his first marriage.

I did something stupid on Friday night, though. I sneezed and threw my back out!! I'm still shuffling around doing spring cleaning, though!!

I just wish I had actually been doing SOMETHING to throw it out besides a sneeze!! I'm hoping this doesn't last too long...I was going to go to belly dancing class in the coming week. I've had to live with belly dancing at home because one of my classes at school was on the same night.

Yeah, I'll never sneeze again!!! rotflmao

Some years ago I threw my back out when I bent over to pick a flower so you just never know!!

Well, back to work!!

Charlotte

C
C
Threw your back out sneezing? Bummer......I know how icky that can be. Sort of. Tons of back problems. (I once separated a rib coughing - while pregnant.) It seems that, sometimes, your body just has it in for you.

M
M
Well, I told you you'd get straight A's, didn't I?

Good for you girl!!

Me, I didn't do so well, just a pitiful 3.74 average, and I am only on the Vice President's List. sigh

Hopefully I'll do better this quarter, starting tomorrow!!!.

Just need to discipline myself more.

Congratulations, Charlotte!!!! hurray

Love in Christ,
Miss M

me: FBS
H: FWS
Fully recovered
Page 127 of 152 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation