Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 100 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 99 100
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Rella, do you mind if I share with you what the Bible says about such apparitions? I can email you if you want.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
At long last, the next portion of the trip journal. For anyone who missed the first part, this is from July of 2001.

Sabbath morning at church, Grandma saw her 98-year old school teacher, who is still teaching classes here and there. We also met a pastor from Russia who has a 20-year old son. [I'm guessing this little comment was aimed at Neaksis.] In fact, we met nearly the whole family.

After potluck, we went back to our cousins' to pig out on watermelon, etc. Mom majorly pigged out on milk. For a while I thought we were going to have to hook up a direct line from a cow.

Mr. C was positively thrilled at the evening milking. They have very nice, tame cows, and he got to pet them to his heart's content. The only problem was they had no water, so he had to go pushing down all the AUTOMATIC cow waterers. I do mean all.

Instead of walking the cows across like the other kids, Mr. C drove the tractor with my youngest cousin. I got to drive it back and park it.

Notice I have not been mentioning the Princess. She dropped out of the race while we rode around in the soothing dark with Dorothy, watching my cousins cut fresh alfalfa.

The only dismal part of the evening came when Neaksis and the gang left for Minnesota and did not take the cat. I am thinking of naming him Les Mis, after one of my favorite Broadway plays. Or maybe E.T. He has the bulgy eyes and weird head...

We postponed our leaving as long as we could. Mr. C watered a bunch more cows. The Princess came very close to voluntarily petting the cows several times.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
dieting is heII I tell you. :MrEEk:

I love the trip journal... my journey's are never that exciting ... they usually end up at the supermarket or post office paying bills. sigh

:happyhanukkah: I'm trying Rella's hanukkah rotflmao

But no I remember ..unfortunately .... that I went to Sydney his year ... to wrestle 3 physco daughters off the plane on the return..... wonderful :RollieEyes:

THEY were happy .. but then I could have run the hosties trolley over their feet and they would have been happy. :crosseyedcrazy:

One must know how to entertain the children ... rotflmao

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I'm confused

dontknow

What 3 daughters did you have to pick up at the airport. Adopted ones?

BTW, the menorrah is Queenie's but I wanted it for her....I do have a menorrah - a gift from a friend who heard my daughter loved different cultures and things. And, that our Jewish friends weren't inviting us to their Hanukkah party. HaHaHa...I make pretty good latkes for a non-Jewish woman.

:happyholidays:

I like the snow man. He's much happier looking than the lecherous looking smilie waving to wish a a Merry Christmas.

A
A
no rella just my 3 little song birds .... they did a concert and being very tired took some very strong stay awakes ... boy did they stay awake rotflmao

ok funny now :twobyfour: but mummy was NOT amused at the time rant2

:RollieEyes:

even being all adults it didn't matter

however I can report that the recovery process was amusing to me

holding their heads and moaning ' OMG OMG' puke

serves themselves right uhuh

I wouldn't want you to think I gloated or anything though .....

I was sympathetic ... I cooked bacon and eggs for their breakfast didn't I ... dance2

I'm sure that was the cure for queasy tummy's ... or was it B6 loaded fruit drink? dontknow oh well too late now stickout

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

C
C
I assume you mean Mrs VDK and some friends because I didn't think you have 3 biological daughters

C
C
Was Rudolph a girl?

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Or an "it" - how funny!

The Dervish did something nice tonight, after a long day of harrassing all animals and people within throwing distance.

Every year the fire dpt comes around in a decorated engine, passing out a little stuffed animal and a candy cane to all the children in the area.

Tonight, he went straight from getting his toy, to Auntie Neaksis' party, right across from the fire station. While he was there, a nice family from around the corner stopped by. Their little girl was afraid of the dog, so the Dervish gave her his stuffed animal.

Sniff!

He didn't even fuss when we didn't let him go try and get another toy from the firefighters when they got back in. laugh

We are so proud of him. Since he fell asleep nicely, we can remain proud of him uninterruptedly till morning. rotflmao

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
What a good boy.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Didn't I tell you he was a darling? Just like the rest of the gang.

Just noisier laugh

ps .... did I tell you I sent him a drum kit for Christmas ... with an amplifier rotflmao

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk: :MrEEk:

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by aussieswife
Didn't I tell you he was a darling? Just like the rest of the gang.

Just noisier laugh

ps .... did I tell you I sent him a drum kit for Christmas ... with an amplifier rotflmao

And I sent him play doh and finger paints.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
I have only one thing to say to you two "ladies." Payback's a birther of puppies! kiss

D
D
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
I have only one thing to say to you two "ladies." Payback's a birther of puppies! kiss

Neener-neener!

I've been FIXED!

My Story

Recovered!
A
A
Yeah so have I laugh ........ well I hope so .... its not that I've had a lot of testing or anything blush

As for the gift buying I am of course just getting in practise for Liz's and Hayleys little ones .......... when they can spell BABY as in THEIR baby ... without shuddering :RollieEyes:

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Guess we'll find out, AW. skeptical

Flying through here at the start of a very busy day... Mr. C was bitten with enthusiasm twice yesterday by a neighbor dog. He was trying to break up a fight between the dog and Clancy, and messed up his left hand and knee.

A full wound count and description, hopefully with a few pictures, will be forthcoming later for Mrs. VdK.

In summary, nothing broken in his hand, seemingly no tendons torn, and all wounds healing by granulation. As of this morning, he's figured out how to limp around on his bad leg, and by tonight I expect he will be able to manage his own pants in the bathroom. :MrEEk:

It has been very hard for the noncompliant fellow to be wholly dependent on his awesome parents.

Well, must dash, I now have 2 days worth of stuff to cram into one, plus maybe a clinic visit, too.

:MerryChristmas:

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
A
A
Poor little guy. cry And trying to do good as well smile

Hope it all goes well and he is good as new in a day or so.

A very :MerryChristmas: to you all ... from the conscious and not so conscious AW gang

Men = come on did you really need to guess this one :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: :RollieEyes: not so conscious

Women = cleaning up the mens mess ... pretty normal naughty

:RollieEyes:

C
C
:MerryChristmas: :happyhanukkah: :happynewyear:

I hope everyone has an excellent holiday season.

C
C
Oh, yeah, I nearly caught my kitchen on fire......had a lit candle in a jar on my kitchen table. I was standing near the table when I heard a Christmas tree ornament hit the floor and shatter in the other room. I dropped the chocolate filled calendar and dashed off. When I came back, the calendar was on top of the candle and flaming. I swooped it over to the sink and turned the water on.....out went the flames. I only lost one piece of chocolate. The smell has abated. Life is good.

faint

N
Neak Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Rella, try very hard not to set anything else on fire. I'm very sorry for the loss of your piece of chocolate.

By way of other news, AJ starts his new job tomorrow. hurray

My invalid is way too perky. Once he figured out how to hobble on his own, all peace and quiet was over.

Under the Weird and Unexpected news column, yesterday when I took Mr. C up for his tetanus shot, there was a 2-car accident in the OW's driveway, complete with CHP and tow truck.

She was standing out in the drivway - I recognized her even though I didn't see her face - but she didn't appear to notice as I drove by in AJ's vehicle.

Totally bizarro. She seems to attract wreckage.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 63 of 100 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 99 100

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation