Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39
S
S
You need to change your screen name from Pariah to Moneybags. Congrats brother!!! :MerryChristmas:

P
P
I took the boss to a group shoot today.

I brought every toy in my collection and he got to try out antiquities he never dreamed of.

From my M1 Garand to my Quigley Sharps.

He is taking me to lunch Tuesday so we can go to the sporting goods store and get him a 1911 Colt and a fine 22 rifle for his son.

He said he had a really great time and I was a fantastic host and we are going to fly down to my home town to go shooting with my older brother and XBIL.

Last edited by Pariah; 12/21/08 08:51 AM. Reason: Stupid filter is retarded, it filters the word a r s e n a l.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
booka #2177599 12/21/08 12:09 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by booka
May I ask what you do in government?

Evaluate employment applications to see if the applicants are qualified. Then I determine how well qualified they are so that they go on the candidate list with the proper 'score' = = = with the ideal being that the most qualified candidates have the highest scores and the greatest likelihood to be interviewed and hired.

G
G
Congratulations, Pariah.

Wow. I know you didn't want to be divorced, and the end of a marriage stinks. However, you've come a long way, baby. And I can't remember the last time I heard a bitter, jaded comment from you. I'm so glad life is looking up for you.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
P
P
Originally Posted by Greengables
Congratulations, Pariah.

Wow. I know you didn't want to be divorced, and the end of a marriage stinks. However, you've come a long way, baby. And I can't remember the last time I heard a bitter, jaded comment from you. I'm so glad life is looking up for you.

The money sure helps take the sting out.

Christmas is kinda bittersweet, I arranged for Tabs to have her sons stay with us for Christmas. It has cost me a fortune in air fare, food and Christmas presents.

I don't get to see mine. In fact it's going to be two years since I've seen him, it doesn't even cross Tabs mind to attempt to make any sort of arrangement for me to see him in some way.
I just chalk it up as her brain injury for now.

Anyways I hope your Christmas is peaceful and your sorrow is relieved in some miraculous form.

B
B
Originally Posted by cinderella
Originally Posted by booka
May I ask what you do in government?

Evaluate employment applications to see if the applicants are qualified. Then I determine how well qualified they are so that they go on the candidate list with the proper 'score' = = = with the ideal being that the most qualified candidates have the highest scores and the greatest likelihood to be interviewed and hired.

At what level of government?

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
booka #2181038 12/22/08 11:16 PM
C
C
state level

C
C
So, how are we each coming on our festivities? Personally, I'd be doing fairly well if it weren't for my obnoxious, cranky son. Other than maturity, I don't know if there is a cure for being a 15-year-old.

T
T
Now you know why boarding school was invented! Gotta love teens. Funny, I was never like that at 15! blush

I'm in the final crunch of Christmas preparations. Most of my shopping is done - need one more thing and that's all. I'm doing my groceries tonight and hopefully I'll have time to get my hair cut. I'm expecting Mom sometime tomorrow but they're calling for freezing rain so she might not come until Christmas day. That would be better actually because it will give me time to clean the house. The main level is ok but there's clutter in the rest of the house and the upstairs bathroom really needs a proper clean. I'm not doing my Christmas dinner until Boxing Day since that's when DS and his wife are coming.

T
T
We're flying into visit my brother in Charleston SC.
Both girls are in their internship so they'll be staying in Cali.
Maybe my brother will take me flying in his plane. He's been trying to get me to go up with him for years.
He told me that Dahlonega Georgia is not that far away and maybe we will fly over there.

P
P
That's where I keep my plane!

Dahlonega is absolutely beautiful.

D
OP Offline
D
Merry Christmas to All!!!! I know I am a day late, but that's me!!!!

Haven't been here for sometime, haven't been feeling well.

Surgery back on the 13th of November went fine, hysterectomy and gall bladder, back at work within the week, took it very easy.

I am having major acid reflux issues at night, that I am not sleeping or waking up the acid it like a free flow reservoir coming back up.

It truly has kicked my butt, I feel good one day, don't sleep much or at all that night and have 2 crappy days, they cycle doesn't stop.

Will see the doc this Tuesday, and they will decide if I need a another surgery as the meds aren't doing a thing for me. It's been 3 months and I can count on 2 fingers the number of nights I have slept through!!!

PARIAH, Congrats--that is so awesome to receive that type of endorsement for you job performance!!!!

Did Tabs have the brain injury when you meet her? Some people don't think the same as we do, I myself would be finding a way for you to see your son, but that is me and how I do things, my x husband would never had thought of doing something like that for someone else. It always bothered me that I would do kind things for him and I got nothing in return.

I took the test online "The 5 languages of love." Doing for others is how I show my love. Just thought that I would throw that out there for you!!!

Dawn

C
C
I just got back from a road trip. I went to meet another MBer and spend the weekend with her. It was fun! dance2

B
B
A very short weekend summary follows. The concert described on Friday night was officially named El Monstero Y Masked Avengers Wish You Were Here. They have played together for this special occasion for 10-years and this year did 6-nights of which Friday I believe was the 4th. The band is made up of many players from other local bands and I can give the entire experience my highest recommendation, which is that I would see them again. This is a Pink Floyd tribute show.

I left work at 14:30 Friday, stopped at the bank across the street and got some cash, and then drove to Paul’s house (first time there) and picked up Paul and I drove to Clayton, which is the county seat of St. Louis County and a very hoity-toity place, and proved that Paul is not a good navigator and after a few misadventures found the hotel. We checked in and went up to the room, very, very nice, and I had left my ticket in the car, so I went down, figured out that it would be better to move up 2-levels in the parking garage, and ran into Jo and Curtis pulling up, recommended that they follow me up 2-levels as well, and I went with them to check-in. The hotel shuttle was downtown so we elected to get a cab for the 10-minute ride to The Pageant. It was unseasonably warm that day and we stood in line outside to get into the bar, which opened at 17:00, and then stood in line in the bar for the early entrance at about 18:45. We got some very decent seats and waited for a bunch of other people to show up, including friends Georgia and Mike, Jessie, Jerry and Nikki, etc. There were 2, shall we say, suspected lesbians and the really cute one came up to Georgia and asked if Georgia was Melissa. It was very funny and I kidded Georgia about it all night. I hit on the cute one and while she gave me some eyeball action during the evening there was nothing else. Maybe she swung both ways. She and an adorable hat on and a killer figure.

The show started at about 20:15 and it was a show, not just a concert. They started out with the complete version of “The Wall” (not my favorite by a long-shot), took an intermission, and then did several songs from several eras and they did the complete version of “Dark Side of the Moon”. I cannot put into words what a fabulous show it was and how much we all enjoyed ourselves. I don’t know what time the show was over, wasn’t paying attention to the time. We had many beers at $28.50 a 6-pack and then retreated to the bar after the show. I was the only one who had been up at 05:00 that morning so I finally got several together for a cab ride back to the hotel and promptly crashed. The rest partied on until 03:00 according to Paul. I got up around 10:00, hit the shower, caught Clete out in the hall and he reported that tornadic weather was approaching, so after Paul got cleaned up we consulted with Jo and Curtis and left to beat the weather. I dropped Paul off and then headed home and hit some very heavy rain on the way home. I had received a call from Mary while leaving the hotel and texted her when I got home that I was taking a nap, which I did, and would call her later in the day, which I did, but only got voicemail. I slept through some horrendous weather and several inches of rain. I got up at about 15:30 and set a text to Peggy who later answered, had a call from Sherry who still acts mysterious to my experience and she is very interested what I do. She called again last night and left a VM and I’ll call her back tonight. I made a monster (El Monstero?) sandwich and got ready to head out for the evening.

I headed up to The Dog at about 20:00 and Jo was the only person besides me who was there left over from last night. Some of the others showed up later. This was billed as “The Practice New Year’s Eve” because they’re closed on NYE and usually have a private family party. Paul showed up later and it proved to be a very interesting night with some truly drunken debauchery as some stopped by presumably after attending other parties. I had some uncommon eye action with some unknown women, very interesting. The band started cool but finished super-hot and I got some dancing in along with the other amusements. It was all rather anticlimactic from the previous evening’s adventures. I did close down The Dog.

Slept until about 09:00 Sunday and then read the papers, vacuumed, and cleaned the vinyl floor. I texted Chris who evidentially had T2 over all weekend and did some stuff outdoors, including chatting to neighbors, smoked some stogies, and watched “Hancock” that evening, which I really enjoyed. Then off to bed at 21:00 and some strange dreams, which involved the XW and the ex-house.

I'm here for a 3-day workweek with Thursday off for the holiday and Friday my every-other-Friday off.

As always, there was a lot more!

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
C
C
Let's see if I can do my report 'Booka-style'.

Friday morning, I awoke to a bit of drizzle. I let the dog out for her morning activities. Then, I checked MB for a bit. I printed out my directions for my trip. Then, I selected all my necessities for my trip. Yarn. Projects. Camera. Clothing. Make-up. Toiletries. Shoes. Clothes. Pillow - an absolute necessity.

Then, I packed the dog's bag. Sweet little Zoe had been invited. I chose a couple of toys for her. Then I packed her Christmas collar, food, and bowls.

I put everything....my bag, my projects, my pillow, the dog's crate, and the dog's back on the front porch. I strapped Zoe into the back seat and loaded the trunk. Leaving the house, I stopped at the mechanic on the way out of town for the overdue oil change. They told me I needed a new alternator serpentine belt as the old one was cracked and blistered. I thought about the previous owner (an acquaintance of the family) and how they had probably not been diligent about auto maintenance. So, Zoe and I waited quietly in the waiting area - for almost 1.5 hours. Numerous people came and went and I had to talk with many of them about Zoe's breed and traits. She is adorable and well behaved. It was about noon by the time I hit the road.

The drive was a 4.5 hour drive according to mapquest. For the entirity of the drive, it misted and drizzled. Never enough to really be rain. Just all that yucky weather. I stopped once to get some food and once to get some gas and windshield washer solution. Once I reached the destination city, I missed a turn so had to get off the highway, turn around, and wander through the dark, foggy, rainy, downtown area to find the interstate highway again. I had no more trouble and reached my friend's shop just moments before she was scheduled for the day.

That night, we went to eat Indian food. Since it was the day after Christmas, business was pretty slow. But, the food was delicious. We went to her home and spent the rest of the evening talking and knitting. Zoe laid on the floor between us and her dog stayed upstairs since hers is a psycho-pup.

Saturday morning, we got up and stopped for bagels and coffee on our way to the shop. I spent the day wandering around and looking at all sorts of fun things. Zoe spent the day greeting all the customers and being petted. She was absolutely delightful and seemed to be enjoyed by all. That evening, we went out to eat Thai food. It was delicious though we could not figure out what 'drunken' crabs or scallops might be. When we got home, we watched television - especially the movie 'The Women' - and knitted some more. Zoe was totally exhausted so she crashed on the floor and hardly moved all evening. We also, called an MBer and talked for quite a while before going to bed.

Sunday morning, we got up and I packed. I had more projects to bring home. When I was packed and loaded, we headed out to another Indian restaurant for their lunchtime buffet. My friend and I sat and talked for a long time. We talked about a lot of things. I think we both hated for the weekend to end. Then, we went back to her shop for one more thing. We talked some more. And, finally, I simply had to leave.

I got in my car and headed out. When I got to the downtown area, I discovered that the NFL game being played there had ended and everyone was streaming to their cars. Fortunately, the traffic was not horrible.

I drove home in light traffic and clear skies. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous. I don't know when I've seen one more magnificent. When the sun finally set, the sky was a shade of red I don't believe I have ever seen.

I finally made it home around 8:00 last night. I talked with my neighbor who had fed my cats and with my mom. Also, I talked briefly with The Diplomat. About 10:30, I tucked the dog and the cats in and headed to bed. Once again, I called The Diplomat and we talked until my phone battery was dying.

I turned out the lights, turned on the radio, rolled over and drifted off to sleep.

T
T
OK - it's been a while since I reported my weekend activities, and I'm going to try and do it "booka style" also:

Friday, 12/26 - left work with a runny hose and a stuffed up head. Arrived home, ate some soup and retired to the bed at 8:00 pm.

Saturday, 12/27 - freakish weather in Chicago, high for the day was 62 degrees! Only chance so far to get out and chop out the 6 or 7 inches of solid ice that was at the end of my driveway. Chop, chop, chop, **OUCH** chop, chop......the "ouch" was a muscle in my back going "pop".........Spent the evening with a heating pad tucked up in my pajama bottoms, watching Saturday night live.

Sunday 12/28 - back felt considerably better. That is, until I decided to walk the neighborhood with my election petitions - got home after 3 hours of chatting with residents and promptly put the heating pad back in my pajama bottoms........

Now, I'm sitting at work, feeling as though I'm 92 years old - all hunched over, trying to dull the pain........

Exciting, huh???

Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
C
C
Next time, right after the ouch, try ice. Not heat. Initially, they usually recommend ice. So say my chiropractor and massage therapist.

D
OP Offline
D
cin and Trulhappy,

"booka-style" way to funny!!!!! I love it!!!!

cin---if you don't mind tell me a little about you and the diplomat. I am assuming it's a long distance relationship. How often do you see each other, what type of distance between you? Does he come to your are or you to his or meet in between?

I've meet someone and there is about 2.5 hours distance with literally no place in between to meet. I believe that I am fine with a long distance relationship, but he is questioning it some, is it worth it, I think is his biggest obstacle and how to manage it as his daughter is going to be 5 hours in the other direction and he spends a great deal of time with him.

If you don't mind sharing I am just looking for some help here.

Thanks,
Dawn

C
C
Dawn, flight time is about 2 hours. Driving time is about 20 hours. :MrEEk: We've been seeing each other for several years. Sometimes we may see each other 6 times a year, sometimes 3 times. It varies. We do coordinate telephone plans. think We have met each others' children and they like us well enough. His children sometimes ask/tease him about his intentions with me. Mine don't talk much about it but my children barely remember living in a 2 parent family so the concept of me having a husband is not clear for them - other than the fact they know I was married to their father. sigh We talk nebulously about the future but, with both of us having children in high school, we have no concrete plans.

Our relationship has not been built on real life - it's been built on a series of escapes from reality so there is a question as to how compatible we would be in real life.

Our personal strengths and differences would, seemingly, cause both challenges and smooth parts to a life together.

So, only time will tell what the future holds.

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks cin,

After 7 years of on my own, I don't want someone with me 24/7, John may have been hurt by that I am not sure, we need to finish the discussion that got started the other night.

My x traveled 3 weeks out of every month so I have been very independent for a long time.

Right now I know I ham having fun with the text and emails, the phone calls are nice to.

So we will see where it goes!!

Dawn

Page 30 of 39 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation