Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 76 of 95 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 94 95
S
OP Offline
S
Morning all,

Thanks for the well wishes Queenie. I'm still hangin around, just don't post much. I try to keep up.

Bugsy, nice to hear from you.

The trip to AZ was fantastic. Good friends, good food, great weather.

So, here's a little bomb for you all...I caught up with an old flame while I was out there, and WHOA...the flames aren't dead (I can see why you shouldn't have contact with former lovers when you are married/engaged/committed cuz the sparks FLEW). Strange things are afoot at the circle K...

I took a couple of day trips to the mountains, did a little walkabout--wish DS was with me. Maybe next time--if I can afford it.

AND THE STARS....Wow. I had forgotten how much fun it was to just sit around looking up at the sky at night, talking, laughing, living. Just beautiful. The sunsets were gorgeous in the mountains. I was too lazy to get up for the sunrise, though.

Anyhoo, that's all I have to report, nothing major whistle

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
So, here's a little bomb for you all...I caught up with an old flame while I was out there, and WHOA...the flames aren't dead (I can see why you shouldn't have contact with former lovers when you are married/engaged/committed cuz the sparks FLEW). Strange things are afoot at the circle K...

faint

Ummmmm.....'scuse me Miss Lucidity, my HRG is in AZ visiting his parents.

grumble

'course, his parents are in the park with the rest of the snowbirds, I kinda doubt your friends are hanging around there too much.

HRG was just THRILLED to go to the flea market yesterday. He should do better today - a visit to Bass Pro Shop. :RollieEyes:

Anyhoo, that's all I have to report, nothing major whistle

You are forgetting DETAILS.....what strange things are afoot?

Flying sparks, eh? hurray

Is it weird to talk about your current "R" and explain where you are at?

Fox

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Foxy lady
what strange things are afoot?

Those dang FEELINGS that you get when you encounter someone you are attracted to. Long story short, we had a long distance relationship years ago, when i was 18-20, and it was VERY difficult--no email, not a lot of phone contact (we were both struggling financially--no money for phone), mostly letters, and lots of them, but it just wasn't enough to keep us together. I moved on, to the Z. UGH!!!

Originally Posted by her foxiness
Is it weird to talk about your current "R" and explain where you are at?

Nope. It's adult conversation. No biggie. I'm not the kind of person to hold back on this stuff, and since we have known each other, and haven't changed all that much all these years, in terms of how we carry ourselves or how we relate to one another, it's no surprise to him that I'm so open about the sitch.

I've told him that we don't have to discuss it, but he's interested in hearing it. I didn't make it the basis for entire conversations, because my life is not just about my marriage and divorce. We've got kids and stuff to talk about. Life goes on...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
What's the scoop?

Does he have kiddos? What's he been up to since you last saw him?

Fox

L
L
Hi SL,

Anyhoo, that's all I have to report, nothing major

... faint...some may beg to differ!

AND THE STARS....Wow. I had forgotten how much fun it was to just sit around looking up at the sky at night, talking, laughing, living. Just beautiful. The sunsets were gorgeous in the mountains. I was too lazy to get up for the sunrise, though.

Sounds like you had a great time cool...seeing you enjoy life like that really warms up the heart.

...any plans for the holidays, or open-ended?

:happyholidays:

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by foxilicious
What's the scoop?

Does he have kiddos? What's he been up to since you last saw him?

Fox

Yes, he has a son--11 years old--soon to be 12. Divorced and single.

He's changed since I knew him, but he hasn't changed since I knew him. It's weird. His face and body are different (he was a bit scrawny back when we were together--now he's more 'buff'). He still talks the same talk, walks the same walk, though. Very steadfast, very driven, knows what he wants and works hard to get it. He always seemed so unafraid back then; not much has changed.

We've still got a lot of catching up to do.

Luna, I did have a great time. No real plans for the holidays, just spending it with the kid and my sister, dad, brother. Same thing as always. I will be preparing dinner that evening, and DS then goes to his dad's for Christmas night. I haven't seen DS since last Thursday, due to my trip, and I miss him lots. The Z has him now, and he will come home tomorrow. We will commence with the cookie baking at that time, so Santa doesn't STARVE while making his rounds

Last edited by silentlucidity; 12/23/08 12:11 PM.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
(he was a bit scrawny back when we were together--now he's more 'buff').

Somehow, age seems to look better on a man.

We've still got a lot of catching up to do.

Sounds like something to look forward to!

I think you know all the warnings so I won't repeat them.

I'm glad your visit went well and hope you recharged a bit. What's the word on the job front?

Fox

C
C
hurray

There is life after D!!!!! So happy to hear about this!!

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Chai
There is life after D!!!!!

I'm finding there is ALWAYS life, Chai, it's just that we discard it when we are in pain. We ignore it, we AVOID it. Since the Z left, I've lived more life than I have in the past three years combined. What a shame that I missed all that time. It's a gift, and a curse, this life. I feel more gifted these days.

One thing I always knew about myself, though, is that I will not lay down and quit for anybody, man or woman. You can knock me down, but you cannot keep me there.

And Foxy, I hear you on the 'warnings' front. All the more since I do want to move out there. It's good that we don't live close. I like it like this for now. Who knows what the future will bring. I'm willing to let it all unfold...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Thanks for the update, SL. It's always good to hear one of the Bees talking about rediscovering life.

Yes, CL, there is life after all of this.

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Guy Smiley.

Ah, yes, life. That thing that we just muddle thru for some time after Dday. I have to say that I do NOW agree with LG that we have been freed from our own trap. I suppose I never saw it as a trap. I see it more along the lines of my eyes being opened, instead of squinting. I see pretty clearly.

Since I can't go back and change things, I'll just keep moving forward, living in the present, accepting things as they are, challenging myself to do what is best for me, leaving the past as a tool to learn from, not to chastise myself for my mistakes.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
I have a friend that keeps telling me to look at this as an opportunity. I am trying, I really am.....

Happy Holidays to you SL....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
B
B
:MerryChristmas:

Hope you had a wonderful day!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
L
L
Hi SL,

It's always good to hear one of the Bees talking about rediscovering life.

As SD says...very encouraging indeed.

I have a friend that keeps telling me to look at this as an opportunity. I am trying, I really am.....

...that is what they say, don't they, CL?

SL, it certainly looks like you are turning 'corners'.

For sure, we are all on our personal journey...it's just less 'lonely' to be able to come here and....SHARE and CARE about each other.

hugSL hug

XBW
DS16 & DS22
L
L
SL,

I caught this on James' thread....

Man o man, I can't wait for this. Still in the limbo line, waiting for the D, property settlement and such. Limbo lower now...

To me, if there is such a thing, it sounds like you are emotionally ready for Plan D.

So I am just wondering what's holding things up for you from moving forward with plan D. Is there a set date for you to go to Court? Are you working through attorneys to settle 'property'?

I seem to be stuck a bit as well on how to best 'settle' assets. Can't even say that I am clear even on how I would see it best 'separated'.

XBW
DS16 & DS22
S
S
SL, ewwwww, lady! I'm looking forward to hearing about this! The catching up and all!

So happy to hear things are going great for you...you have an awesome awareness, but you already know that, I don't have to tell you! hehehe...

I've been taking the time to hang out here a little more often these days...something about it, I'm not sure what it is...sometimes I can read and be okay, and other times, I struggle...I think it has to do with what's on my plate at the time and if I'm feeling lonely or not...

It is just me or is it the "old Friends" that everyone seems to hook up with? LOL...perhaps "I" need to run into oneof those who's NOW single... dance2

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Luna
So I am just wondering what's holding things up for you from moving forward with plan D. Is there a set date for you to go to Court? Are you working through attorneys to settle 'property'?

The courts are holding things up. We have a scheduling conference January 9th. Won't know what's coming next until then.

I'm as emotionally ready as any person can be. That's not to say that I won't have any sort of reaction to it. Who knows? Probably just feel what I do most of the time about the whole sitch. Accepting things as they are and not fantasizing on how nice it would be to be recovered, or how nice it would have been to NOT have this happen at all, I'm done, ready to move on. Not even sad about anything anymore.

Things are really tough financially. That's probably my biggest stress. I keep telling myself that it's temporary.

My greyhound is sick, some sort of abrasion on his inner thigh, giving him a bacterial infection and lots of pain. Waited at the vet for 4 hours to be seen. Luckily it was only $140 for the visit plus meds. Well, only $140 of money that I was to use to pay for daycare this week. Looks like I'll be scraping again. Now he's pacing around and panting in pain. He won't lay down, and his legs are shaking quite a lot.

Just a little more stress, but hopefully, he will recover and be right as rain again.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
SL,

I'm so sorry to hear about your greyhound! Poor thing! I hope that he feels better soon.

I understand the stress of the financial situation, but trust that God will provide. I know it's hard!!!

Jan 9th? Here's another prayer that this will soon be completed for you. I know that you are ready to move forward with your fabulous new life,,,,and whatever that will entail!!!

What was DS's favorite thing this Christmas??

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
I have no choice but to just keep trudging along at this point, trying not to stress over the finances. Everything gets paid, but there is absolutely no wiggle room; I'm living less than paycheck to paycheck. Meh, it is what it is for now. Things will change.

DS's favorite thing, at least initially, was Rock em Sock em Robots. I had lots of fun knockin his block off grin

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Hey, SL! I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm hoping that your financial struggle come to a head sooner rather than later...I feel the pressure that you are under...POWS got fired from his job a few weeks ago, so I'm out all CS right now! This hasn't been the first time that I've had to live without CS. I was upset becasue this was going to be a really good Christmas being that I had earned a bonus at work, but then I had to hold onto every penny to get us through the next month without CS.

Temporary also, but nevertheless stressful! And if you're anything like me, you don't qualify for any programs! THe only one that I ahve found is Angel Food Ministies, there are no qulaifications for that one and the food IS AWESOME! Cheaper than the stores, restuarant grade at that!

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
Page 76 of 95 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation