Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
John and I have been visitng for about a month now, every day a number of times a day via email, texting and phone calls.

Meeting has to wait for a little bit which is fine!

He is moving to a new location this weekend 5 hours from his home to become the new middle school principal in a little tiny town of 1K. I wanted to send something to him to start this new job/adventure off. There are no flower shops or anything like that in this town or any where near this town.

He loves diet coke and we had a big discussion on it the other day, so I found the phone # for the grocery store and called the owner/manager and asked if they would deliver a case of diet coke and cookies to John on Monday, she agreed. I am to send her a check and a card to go with the case of diet coke, but now it all seems stupid and I can't think of anything to write on the card that is cute and clever, He always says he likes my sense of humor and he is one of the few people that get it!!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HELP me write something!!! Please!!
Dawn

G
G
Maybe just sign your name and not write anything at all. After all, diet coke and cookies are pretty cool. If I can think of something clever, I'll let you know.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks, I have to do this first thing in the morning and have to go do a lockin at church with 40 + kids tonight!!! UGH!!!!

Dawn

T
T
I think it is an awesome idea - shows your ingenuity in locating the local grocery store and arranging for the delivery. That, in itself, is clever all on it's own.

I think just signing the card with your name is fine - the thought behind the gift says it all!

Laura

Older But Definately Happier and Wiser
C
C
That or say something general....like, hope you have a great first day....wishing you a great start on a new job...something vague like that.

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the help!!

I signed...

John Best Wishes on your new adventure!

Dawn

C
C
Excellent! Well Done!!

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks Cin,

I haven't talked with John in 3 days, his daughters are visiting and we had agreed that kids come first and I told him that I would be here when he got back, but this sucks!!!! frown

Trying to be patient, either way I sent the sodas to a friend!!!
Dawn

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation